Biden on forgiving student loan debt

Oh I don't think any serious people are saying ALL PEOPLE who voted for Trump are responsible for the capital attack. Thats a rather ludicrous claim. The pushback has been against promoting lies and false narratives that led to the Stop the Steal movement that led to the insurrection.

Our self-proclaimed unobjective "journalists" certainly are, and they hold a lot of weight on the leftism front.

Don Lemon: "If you voted for Trump, you voted for the person who the Klan supported. You voted for the person who Nazis support. You voted for the person who the alt-right supports. You voted for the person who incited a crowd to go into the Capitol and potentially take the lives of lawmakers ... You voted on that side, and the people in Washington are continuing to vote on that side,"
Don Lemon is a Prime time host on CNN that rivals Fox's Hannity. He is absolutely bias and an active advocate against Trump. I don't think he reflects the opinions of the masses.
Actually Cuomo rivals Hannity. Lemon rivals Ingraham in terms of head to head. I think he is dumber than Cuomo and that is quite an achievement.
Cuomo holds more interviews and debate and a wider variety of perspectives. Lemon gives more opinion and is more of an echo chamber. I listen to Hannity on the radio a bit but I can't stomach his show. Something about him makes me feel queasy. Snowflake gut I guess
I don't watch or listen to any of them. I'll watch Carlson's opening monologue and thats it. I do it for entertainment value less so for news. For news I listen to podcasts. Shapiro, Rogan, Simmons, etc..

I hope he doesn’t. It will just promote schools to charge more.
If you want to solve that issue then stop guaranteeing student loan debt. A student who gets a business degree is a lot more likely to pay off debts than one who gets a degree in music and ends up working at Burger King. Paying $100k for a degree in music is nuts but its even more nuts if you take out $100k worth of debt to pay for it. Colleges charge it because of Gov't approved loans. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
gotta disagree with you there. Music is one of mankind greatest inventions. Its not necessary to go to school for it but for those with the talent and passion school is where they can take it to the next level and make an impression that may impact the world for centuries to come
And what is the average salary for music degree holders?
I got no clue. Why does that matter?
It matters because as a lender you need to lend money in good faith and you cannot truly believe that a music degree with be able to repay $100k in debt in a timely manner. Music is fine but you don't need an expensive degree to be a good musician.

There are many places a music degree is not going to run you 100,000. Enough with the vast generalizations.

And who does everyone thing will be picking up the tab??

Why we tax payers of course.

If you want to go to college, get a job or a loan and go. Just don't expect the tax payers to pay your college bill for you.
The same people who pick up the tab when a big corporation bails and raids the retirement funds the govt. insures.

Then that makes everything okay? I’m tired of every stupid decision someone makes, we pay for. Trillions in debt, and those that promised to pay need to be held accountable and quit sponging off the working middle class.
I'm not meaning to promote debt but I am curious... How has the trillions in debt that our country has accumulated impacted your life?

It's going to. The rest of the world isn't going to allow us to print, print, print to buy new cars and vacation homes while they struggle with basic needs forever. It may not affect me but it's going to greatly affect future generations and as I note many times, it's not just about me.
I get the "its going to" argument but we have carried a national debt for generations. So my question is what actual effects have you felt in your lifetime as a result of the national debt?

I told you. I care about future generations. It also makes me want to puke when one group getting billions a year complains about those below them getting a little help.
I know you care about future generations as do I. Like I said, im not dismissing the importance of fiscal responsibility but I am asking if you or anybody you know has actually been impacted from the National debt. And if so, how?

You simply dismiss concerns as not legit.

Such as I want UHC. Even though someone like Sanders promotes a plan largely paid for people scream BUT we are $28 trillion in debt.
I never said your concerns weren't legit, I actually shared your concerns, don't put words in my mouth. But, I'm asking very simple questions and you keep avoiding direct answers.

I've answered it more than once.
You are right you answered the question, but you did so indirectly. You didn't actually give a direct answer the question that I asked. It was a very simple yes or no question that would involve some details if yes. I'm guessing the answer is No, you haven't seen any effects in your lifetime but you are concerned about the future. Is that right? Too bad I need to play guessing games to get a straight answer. Hope you can do better in the future

I explained how it directly affects me. The debt affects nearly everything. Interest rates such as how a retiree used to be able to live off interest on their savings. Now there is no interest.

I was looking at an older pic yesterday. 50 years appx. Banks were advertising 7% on savings. A retiree could do pretty well on that. Now they can't.
But you realize back then mortages were near 15-20% right?

No they weren't. They were in the 80's. That's when we really started screwing things up.
Yes thats what they were in the 80's, they were between 8-12% in the 70's 50 years ago. What are you arguing about? My point is valid no matter what the interest rates are, I was speaking to what correlates with interest rates and I don't see how the national debt effected rates in the way that you claimed.

View attachment 458304

The rates have been driven down to finance the debt.
Yes because new money is created from borrowing and borrowing is what circulates money and grows the economy. Do you want a 15% mortgage on your home loan in exchange for a 7% interest rate on your savings account? Would you make that deal?

I don't need a mortgage. I was asked how it would affect me. All the same, I've already disputed the accusation that when banks were paying 7% that home loans were 15% so dismissed.
Dude, you don't live in the real world do you?

If you want to solve that issue then stop guaranteeing student loan debt. A student who gets a business degree is a lot more likely to pay off debts than one who gets a degree in music and ends up working at Burger King. Paying $100k for a degree in music is nuts but its even more nuts if you take out $100k worth of debt to pay for it. Colleges charge it because of Gov't approved loans. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
gotta disagree with you there. Music is one of mankind greatest inventions. Its not necessary to go to school for it but for those with the talent and passion school is where they can take it to the next level and make an impression that may impact the world for centuries to come
It matters because as a lender you need to lend money in good faith and you cannot truly believe that a music degree with be able to repay $100k in debt in a timely manner. Music is fine but you don't need an expensive degree to be a good musician.

There are many places a music degree is not going to run you 100,000. Enough with the vast generalizations.
I used that as an example. U of Indiana offers that degree. See how much that costs to an out of state student. Actually more than $100k. Closer to $160k.

If you want to go to college, get a job or a loan and go. Just don't expect the tax payers to pay your college bill for you.
The same people who pick up the tab when a big corporation bails and raids the retirement funds the govt. insures.

Then that makes everything okay? I’m tired of every stupid decision someone makes, we pay for. Trillions in debt, and those that promised to pay need to be held accountable and quit sponging off the working middle class.
I'm not meaning to promote debt but I am curious... How has the trillions in debt that our country has accumulated impacted your life?

It's going to. The rest of the world isn't going to allow us to print, print, print to buy new cars and vacation homes while they struggle with basic needs forever. It may not affect me but it's going to greatly affect future generations and as I note many times, it's not just about me.
I get the "its going to" argument but we have carried a national debt for generations. So my question is what actual effects have you felt in your lifetime as a result of the national debt?

I told you. I care about future generations. It also makes me want to puke when one group getting billions a year complains about those below them getting a little help.
I know you care about future generations as do I. Like I said, im not dismissing the importance of fiscal responsibility but I am asking if you or anybody you know has actually been impacted from the National debt. And if so, how?

Such as I want UHC. Even though someone like Sanders promotes a plan largely paid for people scream BUT we are $28 trillion in debt.
I never said your concerns weren't legit, I actually shared your concerns, don't put words in my mouth. But, I'm asking very simple questions and you keep avoiding direct answers.

You are right you answered the question, but you did so indirectly. You didn't actually give a direct answer the question that I asked. It was a very simple yes or no question that would involve some details if yes. I'm guessing the answer is No, you haven't seen any effects in your lifetime but you are concerned about the future. Is that right? Too bad I need to play guessing games to get a straight answer. Hope you can do better in the future

I explained how it directly affects me. The debt affects nearly everything. Interest rates such as how a retiree used to be able to live off interest on their savings. Now there is no interest.

I was looking at an older pic yesterday. 50 years appx. Banks were advertising 7% on savings. A retiree could do pretty well on that. Now they can't.

No they weren't. They were in the 80's. That's when we really started screwing things up.
Yes thats what they were in the 80's, they were between 8-12% in the 70's 50 years ago. What are you arguing about? My point is valid no matter what the interest rates are, I was speaking to what correlates with interest rates and I don't see how the national debt effected rates in the way that you claimed.

View attachment 458304

Yes because new money is created from borrowing and borrowing is what circulates money and grows the economy. Do you want a 15% mortgage on your home loan in exchange for a 7% interest rate on your savings account? Would you make that deal?

I don't need a mortgage. I was asked how it would affect me. All the same, I've already disputed the accusation that when banks were paying 7% that home loans were 15% so dismissed.

Address what I said and explain why I am wrong or lash out.

Right well that would be a decision between the lender and the borrower. If somebody is loaded or has generous parents that want to pay for the degree then thats their call to go after it. I'd like to see all types of education be much more affordable... including music
100% if you're wealthy then get a degree in History but don't take out debt to do it. That should be lender liability. But since the Gov't guarantees the lender could not care less.

One of my clients owns several vet hospitals. Average vet is a female who comes from money. Why? Costs about $450k to become a vet and the starting salary is ~$90k. Hence most vets you see are white females from wealthy families. Debt isn't bad if you have a plan to repay it but how many 18 yr olds understand such dynamics. The Gov't has failed these kids by guaranteeing outrageous college cost payments via debt instruments. Shameful really.
Good points, I agree. But I also think it is a shame that it is so damn expensive to gain higher education. $450K to become a vet thats crazy. We should be doing all we can to promote people to get educated and excel to their maximum potential. Not give many the ultimatum of crippling debt in exchange for an education and an uncertain job market.

I used that as an example. U of Indiana offers that degree. See how much that costs to an out of state student. Actually more than $100k. Closer to $160k.

So that means that's the norm?

View attachment 458304

There's no inflation. Unless there is inflation the Fed's job is to keep rates low.. And while the fed can increase the reserves in banks to facillitate lending, it's really the Treasury that can create money

View attachment 458304

Wrong about what? You're wrong so frequently that I cannot keep up.

Why does that matter?
Because they are borrowing to go to school. Isn’t it irresponsible to let people borrow if they will be in debt forever?

Who said they are being irresponsible? You are the one making the leap. Show where music majors are not paying their loans.
And more so, aren't music majors beneficial to society?

View attachment 458304

There's no inflation. Unless there is inflation the Fed's job is to keep rates low.. And while the fed can increase the reserves in banks to facillitate lending, it's really the Treasury that can create money

Ask the person standing in line buying their groceries if there is inflation.

Right well that would be a decision between the lender and the borrower. If somebody is loaded or has generous parents that want to pay for the degree then thats their call to go after it. I'd like to see all types of education be much more affordable... including music
100% if you're wealthy then get a degree in History but don't take out debt to do it. That should be lender liability. But since the Gov't guarantees the lender could not care less.

One of my clients owns several vet hospitals. Average vet is a female who comes from money. Why? Costs about $450k to become a vet and the starting salary is ~$90k. Hence most vets you see are white females from wealthy families. Debt isn't bad if you have a plan to repay it but how many 18 yr olds understand such dynamics. The Gov't has failed these kids by guaranteeing outrageous college cost payments via debt instruments. Shameful really.
Good points, I agree. But I also think it is a shame that it is so damn expensive to gain higher education. $450K to become a vet thats crazy. We should be doing all we can to promote people to get educated and excel to their maximum potential. Not give many the ultimatum of crippling debt in exchange for an education and an uncertain job market.
$450k is seven years of schooling so undergrad and med school. I again blame our elected officials. They set up this system. Its 100% on them.

View attachment 458304

Ooh boy, you sure showed me... you win. I guess thats all your looking for instead of a substantive debate. Good day

Why does that matter?
Because they are borrowing to go to school. Isn’t it irresponsible to let people borrow if they will be in debt forever?

Who said they are being irresponsible? You are the one making the leap. Show where music majors are not paying their loans.
And more so, aren't music majors beneficial to society?
Musicians, yes. Music majors? IDK....

View attachment 458304

Right, keep on lashing out. Address what I said.

View attachment 458304

Ooh boy, you sure showed me... you win. I guess thats all your looking for instead of a substantive debate. Good day
He is a typical leftist. There are many on this board. Zero financial acumen.

View attachment 458304

You wanted an example. I provided quite a few. So what do you consider a debate? Answering your question doesn't qualify?

View attachment 458304

Right, keep on lashing out. Address what I said.
What specifically would you like me to address? How am I lashing out? Why so sensitive?

View attachment 458304

Well its interesting because he was speaking out against the national debt, which I'm in total agreement with, however I like to dive into the details and test my and others understanding of it. So the simple question of "What effects of the national debt have you actually felt in your lifetime" I've found to be a very interesting. And its find to say "I don't know" if you don't know. Just want an honest conversation. But he avoided the answer and then went for some cheap word game thing to chalk up a win. He can have a win if thats all he wants. I don't really care, I don't think anybody else does either.

View attachment 458304

Well its interesting because he was speaking out against the national debt, which I'm in total agreement with, however I like to dive into the details and test my and others understanding of it. So the simple question of "What effects of the national debt have you actually felt in your lifetime" I've found to be a very interesting. And its find to say "I don't know" if you don't know. Just want an honest conversation. But he avoided the answer and then when for some cheap word game thing to chalk up a win. He can have a win if thats all he wants. I don't really care, I don't think anybody else does either.

I answered your question. You did nothing to touch it. As a retiree I could conceivably live on 7% interest which would be near zero risk. Because of the debt the interest rates on savings have been driven down to near zero.

Forum List

Back