🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Biden test-drives an electric Ford pickup truck

F-150 Lightning targets 563 horsepower, 775 lb.-ft. of near instantaneous torque4 – more than any F-150 ever – and a 0-60 mph time in the mid-4-second range when equipped with an extended-range battery, based on typical industry methodology. F-150 Lightning targets a maximum 2,000 pounds of payload in the standard-range model with 18-inch wheels, and a maximum 10,000 pounds of available towing capacity on XLT and Lariat trucks with the extended-range battery and Max Trailer Tow Package. The low center of gravity brings even more confident handling whether traveling along rain-slicked roads or through sand.

Except it's a Ford :abgg2q.jpg:

And the appointed POTUS pretends to drive it because he's naturally fake.

My Tundra does all that F-150, though maybe 0-60 in under 6. It cost me 23K, and it has something that doesn't, which is dual exhaust that sounds bitchen as fuck and there's no substitute. The original batteries last maybe 7 years, replacement is $180. The gas pump doesn't bother me, and I only visit a station 2-3 times a month any way. I don't have to plug it in using fossil fuels anyway..................No competition, the Tundra wins.

Cool how they build "half tons" now. Really they're 3/4 tons by comparison former. My old 2005 double cab was real nice, reliable as fuck, but not intended to tow more than say 4200 pounds, and even then the brakes leave lots to be desired.
Sports car fans are already showing they are willing to give up the ROAR of internal combustion in return for higher performance.
Lamborghini is even going electric.

Motorcycles will follow

1621520240146.jpeg

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

Ford F-150 is the most popular vehicle in America. If it goes electric.......Electric cars have arrived
There is no going back
From a Ford fan & previous owner of many F-150s, they're great rigs but way too expensive. Ram convinced me to switch to Dodge and I'm super glad I did.
I think truck owners will flock to the electric F-150

500 plus HP, massive torque, 10,000 towing capacity and wicked fast.
If you are a contractor, you drive your truck to the site and it will power all your power tools
If there is a blackout, you can power your house for days

Game changer

You forgot 300mile range and eF150 being able to power your home for three days.

Also the cost is not prohibitive.
The truck offers so much more capability, it will be in demand
Oh brother----the trucks engine overheats offroad babe-------------bad bad investment as it can't do what other trucks do, can't tow as much, is extremely costly to maintain. But of course arguing such, does distract from the Fraud that biden and his lapdog propagandist media were trying to pimp....biden is not capable of driving---he's senile.

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

Ford F-150 is the most popular vehicle in America. If it goes electric.......Electric cars have arrived
There is no going back
From a Ford fan & previous owner of many F-150s, they're great rigs but way too expensive. Ram convinced me to switch to Dodge and I'm super glad I did.

If you are a contractor, you drive your truck to the site and it will power all your power tools

Game changer

You forgot 300mile range and eF150 being able to power your home for three days.

Oh brother----the trucks engine overheats offroad babe-------------bad bad investment as it can't do what other trucks do, can't tow as much, is extremely costly to maintain.
10,000 lb towing, 500 hp, 0-60 in 4.5 sec
Truck owners will grow to love it

Holy shit the old guy can't even fake drive properly. He turns the wheel and the truck wheels don't turn at all. How fitting is this - Biden is in the driver's seat but someone else is driving.
Either that or that Ford has the sloppiest crappiest steering ever.
He is spinning it like Maggie Simpson.

Of course there are no matches, ya dipship. I grabbed the frames myself off the video, and named them "fraud1", "fraud2", etc... The image you posted was nowhere in any frame of the video and trust me, I opened the video in a video editor and looked at every frame. Obviously your picture was either doctored or staged before or after the presser.

Here's proof your image was doctored.

View attachment 491312

Good job. I never ran the video to see what the trump people were lying about. I watched the video on TV of the drive. So I knew that what they were saying was nothing but more lies.

I would also say that the hand isn't in the right shape to hold a steering wheel. It's more shaped to hold something large. It looks like he's grabbing something from the dashboard. Not holding a steering wheel to drive.

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

$70,000 plus and it can't even tow a 3rd wheel RV or a horse trailer especially off road where the engine is known to overheat?

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

$70,000 plus and it can't even tow a 3rd wheel RV or a horse trailer especially off road where the engine is known to overheat?

Starts at $40,000
Just like other F-150 Club Cabs
10,000 lb towing.

Lots of trucks out there that can’t tow a 3rd wheel RV or horse trailer off road.
Not many do 0-60 in 4.5 sec

That is why the electric F-150 is a game changer
Once the most popular vehicle in the US goes electric, the charging stations will come.
Can no longer claim there isn’t a market
They have been saying that for years. So far the infrastructure is not adequate. I heard the price of that truck is a little less than the Tesla which is 75K or more. The kind of folks that drive f-150s won't have the bucks especially if Biden and the Democrats continue to ruin Trump's great pre-fake pandemic economy.
Fair comment...

I will say that the technology will come down in price... The main cost is batteries and that tech has some very interesting tech advances in the pipeline...
The maintenance of these will be very different in the future... There is talk of making them with components much like a PC is built... Have a problem replace with the other part going back to be repaired or replaced... Refurbished products will be available as well...

There definitely needs new laws to protect the consumer. John Deere has created expensive maintenance program by making sure they are the only ones to supply their parts...

Hopefully good competition in the market place can be created for components marketplace much like PCs today... Electric Cars are really just starting there journey, this is much like the start of the Car v Horse was before... The car was better the smell and amount of horse cap in cities before was a real hazard.
While battery technology is bringing price down now, as any sort of volume cranks up,. price has to skyrocket since so many rare earth elements are going to run out. Like lithium, colbalt, cadnium, etc. They are never going to replace ICEs.
Nor are EVs cleaner than ICEs like bio-diesel that uses up more carbon than it releases.
All valid points if nothing is developed tomorrow...

Even a small combustion engine powering a small battery which then powers a EV will see 150 miles to the gallon....

The tech around Battery is moving fast and component style means that cars will be able to upgrade independently...

This is the future, there is no doubt in that... Is the tech coming? Yes... EVs will pass out Gas in about the next 10 years and Gas stations will disappear as we see them right now... Recharging a car will take a few minutes and cost a 5-10 times less than Gas...

In Europe, they have took taxes off the EV considering they don't have to import the energy, no pollution, very quite..... I have been in Tesla Taxis in Amsterdam... So there is adoption, Oil gets a lot of subsidies, invading Iraq being the most glaring..

Even a small combustion engine powering a small battery which then powers a EV will see 150 miles to the gallon....

The tech around Battery is moving fast and component style means that cars will be able to upgrade independently...

This is the future, there is no doubt in that... Is the tech coming? Yes... EVs will pass out Gas in about the next 10 years and Gas stations will disappear as we see them right now... Recharging a car will take a few minutes and cost a 5-10 times less than Gas...

In Europe, they have took taxes off the EV considering they don't have to import the energy, no pollution, very quite..... I have been in Tesla Taxis in Amsterdam... So there is adoption, Oil gets a lot of subsidies, invading Iraq being the most glaring..
It is possible also that gas powered vehicles and EV's will exist with each other depending on types of use, available charging/gas stations and price point.

I am personally never for limiting private research, funding and production into new innovative products and I believe it is a big mistake for central government to give our tax dollars to any specific industry to promote an as yet unproven hypothesis of human caused climate change.

I personally owned a Highlander Hybrid (one of the first) and it was a great car. Unfortunately the AC went out and the repair was too costly at that time. I never had a problem with the battery though.

Starts at $40,000
10,000 lb towing.

Lots of trucks out there that can’t tow a 3rd wheel RV or horse trailer off road.
The link I provided earlier said $70,000. Got a link?

Starts at $40,000
10,000 lb towing.

Fords link

All this and more is backed by proven Built Ford Tough F-Series durability and capability and the largest public charging network in North America.2 The commercial-oriented entry model starts at $39,974 MSRP3 before any federal or state tax credits, while the mid-series XLT model starts at $52,974 MSRP, offering additional comfort and technology.

Starts at $40,000
10,000 lb towing.

Fords link

All this and more is backed by proven Built Ford Tough F-Series durability and capability and the largest public charging network in North America.2 The commercial-oriented entry model starts at $39,974 MSRP3 before any federal or state tax credits, while the mid-series XLT model starts at $52,974 MSRP, offering additional comfort and technology.
I dunno RW, pretty pricey for an 'entry model.' You gonna get one?

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

If you need a truck to only drive to Home Depot on Saturday morning and maybe take a light load to the dump a couple of times a year and can afford $70K then it may work out for you.

If you need a work truck you had better buy something powered by dead dinosaurs.

It is possible also that gas powered vehicles and EV's will exist with each other depending on types of use, available charging/gas stations and price point.

I am personally never for limiting private research, funding and production into new innovative products and I believe it is a big mistake for central government to give our tax dollars to any specific industry to promote an as yet unproven hypothesis of human caused climate change.

I personally owned a Highlander Hybrid (one of the first) and it was a great car. Unfortunately the AC went out and the repair was too costly at that time. I never had a problem with the battery though.
I bought a 2007 gas Highlander and put about 80K miles on it and then gave it to my son. He just traded it in last month after putting 150K additional miles on it.

Great vehicle. Nether one of us had any problems with it. Very reliable.

My 2013 Tundra is a great pickup truck but I don't put very many miles on it. It doesn't even have 30K yet.

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

Oh brother----the trucks engine overheats offroad babe-------------bad bad investment as it can't do what other trucks do, can't tow as much, is extremely costly to maintain.

The actual towing capabilities are near zero.
Range drops off VERY quickly with any cargo.
Same with use of heater, wipers, headlights, AC, hills, or anything else.
What you have to remember is batteries are very heavy, very slow charge/discharge, and very expensive to replace if you ruin them with quick-charges.
And the energy loss from generating, transmitting, storing, and extracting the energy from the batteries is a huge loss.
The actual amount of energy you have to produce is likely 10 time what you actually get to use at the wheel.
Far more polluting then ICE, especially if the ICE uses bio-fuel, like alcohol or palm oil in a diesel.

Starts at $40,000
10,000 lb towing.

Fords link

I dunno RW, pretty pricey for an 'entry model.' You gonna get one?

And that is with all the government subsidies.
Eventually these subsidies will have to go away, if EVs become popular enough.

As a retired person wont be buying any new 70.000 or more vehicles. But I have no problem if you do.

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

The actual towing capabilities are near zero.
Range drops off VERY quickly with any cargo.
Same with use of heater, wipers, headlights, AC, hills, or anything else.
What you have to remember is batteries are very heavy, very slow charge/discharge, and very expensive to replace if you ruin them with quick-charges.
And the energy loss from generating, transmitting, storing, and extracting the energy from the batteries is a huge loss.
The actual amount of energy you have to produce is likely 10 time what you actually get to use at the wheel.
Far more polluting then ICE, especially if the ICE uses bio-fuel, like alcohol or palm oil in a diesel.

I don't know exactly what the loss fact from grid generation to storage loss factor. Looking it up on Google it seems like it can be anywhere from 10% loss to 30%. It is like around 10% when the batteries are new but then they deteriorate to 30% over time.

In other words it takes anywhere from 10-30% more energy to power EVs than if you used the fossil fuels directly.

That is a big Environmental hit right there. We have to generate substantial more energy to keep those EVs on the road. I wonder if the stupid Moon Bats thought about that?

Then you have the Environmental pollution burden of manufacturing, transportation and disposal, which is substantial.

Joe Dufus is a friggin moron pushing that technology but then again remember he was part of an administration that told us Solyndra was the future of America so go figure.

These Moon Bats are idiots listening to the clowns that are pushing this shit.

These stupid trucks will never be used for anything like the gas powered work trucks. It is nothing more than a Moon Bat's wet dream just like all the Environmental Wacko fantasies they have.

That is funny as hell. Are Europeans stupid or what?

Batteries don't generate energy. They only store energy that was generated elsewhere. In fact there is an energy loss getting it from the point of generation to the EV.

The Eurotrash will still have to invade Iraq to get the energy to charge up the batteries. Those stupid windmills and solar arrays they have sure ain't working worth shit.

Forum List

Back