🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Biden test-drives an electric Ford pickup truck

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

Ford F-150 is the most popular vehicle in America. If it goes electric.......Electric cars have arrived
There is no going back
From a Ford fan & previous owner of many F-150s, they're great rigs but way too expensive. Ram convinced me to switch to Dodge and I'm super glad I did.
I think truck owners will flock to the electric F-150

500 plus HP, massive torque, 10,000 towing capacity and wicked fast.
If you are a contractor, you drive your truck to the site and it will power all your power tools
If there is a blackout, you can power your house for days

Game changer

You forgot 300mile range and eF150 being able to power your home for three days.

Also the cost is not prohibitive.
The truck offers so much more capability, it will be in demand
Oh brother----the trucks engine overheats offroad babe-------------bad bad investment as it can't do what other trucks do, can't tow as much, is extremely costly to maintain.
10,000 lb towing, 500 hp, 0-60 in 4.5 sec
Truck owners will grow to love it

The actual towing capabilities are near zero.
Range drops off VERY quickly with any cargo.
Same with use of heater, wipers, headlights, AC, hills, or anything else.
What you have to remember is batteries are very heavy, very slow charge/discharge, and very expensive to replace if you ruin them with quick-charges.
And the energy loss from generating, transmitting, storing, and extracting the energy from the batteries is a huge loss.
The actual amount of energy you have to produce is likely 10 time what you actually get to use at the wheel.
Far more polluting then ICE, especially if the ICE uses bio-fuel, like alcohol or palm oil in a diesel.

I don't know exactly what the loss fact from grid generation to storage loss factor. Looking it up on Google it seems like it can be anywhere from 10% loss to 30%. It is like around 10% when the batteries are new but then they deteriorate to 30% over time.

In other words it takes anywhere from 10-30% more energy to power EVs than if you used the fossil fuels directly.

That is a big Environmental hit right there. We have to generate substantial more energy to keep those EVs on the road. I wonder if the stupid Moon Bats thought about that?

Then you have the Environmental pollution burden of manufacturing, transportation and disposal, which is substantial.

Joe Dufus is a friggin moron pushing that technology but then again remember he was part of an administration that told us Solyndra was the future of America so go figure.

These Moon Bats are idiots listening to the clowns that are pushing this shit.

These stupid trucks will never be used for anything like the gas powered work trucks. It is nothing more than a Moon Bat's wet dream just like all the Environmental Wacko fantasies they have.
Dummy, where do you get nonsense? EVs are many times more efficient with energy because they don't use mini EXPLOSIONS to generate power.

EVs do on energy equivalent of 1 combusted gallon of gasoline, what most ICE cars do on 12.

Last edited:
That is why the electric F-150 is a game changer
Once the most popular vehicle in the US goes electric, the charging stations will come.
Can no longer claim there isn’t a market
They have been saying that for years. So far the infrastructure is not adequate. I heard the price of that truck is a little less than the Tesla which is 75K or more. The kind of folks that drive f-150s won't have the bucks especially if Biden and the Democrats continue to ruin Trump's great pre-fake pandemic economy.
Fair comment...

I will say that the technology will come down in price... The main cost is batteries and that tech has some very interesting tech advances in the pipeline...
The maintenance of these will be very different in the future... There is talk of making them with components much like a PC is built... Have a problem replace with the other part going back to be repaired or replaced... Refurbished products will be available as well...

There definitely needs new laws to protect the consumer. John Deere has created expensive maintenance program by making sure they are the only ones to supply their parts...

Hopefully good competition in the market place can be created for components marketplace much like PCs today... Electric Cars are really just starting there journey, this is much like the start of the Car v Horse was before... The car was better the smell and amount of horse cap in cities before was a real hazard.
While battery technology is bringing price down now, as any sort of volume cranks up,. price has to skyrocket since so many rare earth elements are going to run out. Like lithium, colbalt, cadnium, etc. They are never going to replace ICEs.
Nor are EVs cleaner than ICEs like bio-diesel that uses up more carbon than it releases.
All valid points if nothing is developed tomorrow...

Even a small combustion engine powering a small battery which then powers a EV will see 150 miles to the gallon....

The tech around Battery is moving fast and component style means that cars will be able to upgrade independently...

This is the future, there is no doubt in that... Is the tech coming? Yes... EVs will pass out Gas in about the next 10 years and Gas stations will disappear as we see them right now... Recharging a car will take a few minutes and cost a 5-10 times less than Gas...

In Europe, they have took taxes off the EV considering they don't have to import the energy, no pollution, very quite..... I have been in Tesla Taxis in Amsterdam... So there is adoption, Oil gets a lot of subsidies, invading Iraq being the most glaring..

No, it isn't. The energy density hasn't increased in 20 years. The only thing that has changed is you make the battery into different shapes now.

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

Ford F-150 is the most popular vehicle in America. If it goes electric.......Electric cars have arrived
There is no going back
From a Ford fan & previous owner of many F-150s, they're great rigs but way too expensive. Ram convinced me to switch to Dodge and I'm super glad I did.

If you are a contractor, you drive your truck to the site and it will power all your power tools

Game changer

You forgot 300mile range and eF150 being able to power your home for three days.

Oh brother----the trucks engine overheats offroad babe-------------bad bad investment as it can't do what other trucks do, can't tow as much, is extremely costly to maintain.

What you have to remember is batteries are very heavy, very slow charge/discharge, and very expensive to replace if you ruin them with quick-charges.
And the energy loss from generating, transmitting, storing, and extracting the energy from the batteries is a huge loss.
The actual amount of energy you have to produce is likely 10 time what you actually get to use at the wheel.
Far more polluting then ICE, especially if the ICE uses bio-fuel, like alcohol or palm oil in a diesel.

I don't know exactly what the loss fact from grid generation to storage loss factor. Looking it up on Google it seems like it can be anywhere from 10% loss to 30%. It is like around 10% when the batteries are new but then they deteriorate to 30% over time.

In other words it takes anywhere from 10-30% more energy to power EVs than if you used the fossil fuels directly.

That is a big Environmental hit right there. We have to generate substantial more energy to keep those EVs on the road. I wonder if the stupid Moon Bats thought about that?

Then you have the Environmental pollution burden of manufacturing, transportation and disposal, which is substantial.

Joe Dufus is a friggin moron pushing that technology but then again remember he was part of an administration that told us Solyndra was the future of America so go figure.

These stupid trucks will never be used for anything like the gas powered work trucks. It is nothing more than a Moon Bat's wet dream just like all the Environmental Wacko fantasies they have.
Dummy, where do you get nonsense? EVs are many times more efficient with energy because they don't use mini EXPLOSIONS to generate power.

EVs do on energy equivalent of 1 combusted gallon of gasoline, what most ICE cars do on 12.

Look up energy density then get back to us, moron.

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

I don't need to look up things I already know dummy. Yes, gasoline has high energy density, but what I was responding to was about EV's supposedly using more energy than direct fuel burning. That is pure horseshit.

Last edited:
Starts at $40,000
Just like other F-150 Club Cabs
10,000 lb towing.

Lots of trucks out there that can’t tow a 3rd wheel RV or horse trailer off road.
Not many do 0-60 in 4.5 sec
The link I provided earlier said $70,000. Got a link?
Fords link

All this and more is backed by proven Built Ford Tough F-Series durability and capability and the largest public charging network in North America.2 The commercial-oriented entry model starts at $39,974 MSRP3 before any federal or state tax credits, while the mid-series XLT model starts at $52,974 MSRP, offering additional comfort and technology.
I dunno RW, pretty pricey for an 'entry model.' You gonna get one?

Ever price an F-150 Crew Cab?
They start at $50,000 and F-150 is the most popular vehicle in America

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

I don't need to look up things I already know dummy. Yes, gasoline has high energy density, but what I was responding to was about EV's supposedly using more energy than direct fuel burning. That is pure horseshit.

It's absolutely true. Were it not then EV's would RULE the endurance racing world. They don't. In fact, they don't even participate in endurance racing. Why? Because they don't have the EFFICIENCY of internal combustion engines you idiotic clod!

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

No, you dumbass, They use burning fossil fuels to generate steam to turn a turbine to travel across a distribution grid to charge the goddamn batteries that deteriorate as they are being used.

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

No, you dumbass, They use burning fossil fuels to generate steam to turn a turbine to travel across a distribution grid to charge the goddamn batteries that deteriorate as they are being used.

You are completely neglecting efficiencies of scale and besides that not all fossils are equal. Burning oil (0.4% of US electricity) is not like burning natural gas (40% of US electricity).

Nuclear power plants (20% of US electricity) and renewables (20% of US electricity) are not fossil based.

My solar roof, which covers almost 100% of my car's energy use, doesn't use fossils.

Tell me again how smart you are :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

It's absolutely true. Were it not then EV's would RULE the endurance racing world. They don't. In fact, they don't even participate in endurance racing. Why? Because they don't have the EFFICIENCY of internal combustion engines you idiotic clod!

You clearly have alot of difficulty understanding plain English. What I was responding to had nothing to do with density....and then you also top it off by conflating energy density and energy efficiency.

Just because gasoline is energy dense DOES NOT AT ALL mean that exploding it to produce motion is efficient. It's not, because it produces tons of wasted heat and braking does not return energy.

Today's (still in early developemnt) electric cars get 100-130MPGe. No ICE car can match that efficiency, especially considering how fast EV's are.

Last edited:
from the angle of that picture
OK lets try this angle from Reuters.
Show me the second steering wheel that only you can see.
1621570255159.png

1621570432940.png

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

You are completely neglecting efficiencies of scale and besides that not all fossils are equal. Burning oil (0.4% of US electricity) is not like burning natural gas (40% of US electricity).

Nuclear power plants (20% of US electricity) and renewables (20% of US electricity) are not fossil based.

My solar roof, which covers almost 100% of my car's energy use, doesn't use fossils.

Tell me again how smart you are :auiqs.jpg:

I don't have solar in my home but none of the electricity that comes out of my sockets is generated by fossil fuels.

The energy that comes out of the sockets in my home and my state is generated mostly by water. The rest is wind and solar. We started built one of the largest wind farms in the nation in the 1990s.

When it was first brought on line it generated too much energy for the existing grid to handle. So we voted to raise our taxes to build a new one.

The result, we have more electricity than we use so we sell the excess to other states for a profit. We also have the second lowest electric rates in the nation.

There are a lot of homes with solar panels here but we also have areas in our desert that has solar farms. Since our energy is created responsibly, clean and is renewable, I don't have a need to put solar on my home.

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

You clearly have alot of difficulty understanding plain English. What I was responding to had nothing to do with density....and then you also top it off by conflating energy density and energy efficiency.

Just because gasoline is energy dense DOES NOT AT ALL mean that exploding it to produce motion is efficient. It's not, because it produces tons of wasted heat and braking does not return energy.

Today's (still in early developemnt) electric cars get 100-130MPGe. No ICE car can match that efficiency, especially considering how fast EV's are.

Actually a hybrid car will return energy or recharge the battery when you put your foot on the break.

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

Energy density is directly correlational with efficiency. You're not very scientifically literate, are you.

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

Actually a hybrid car will return energy or recharge the battery when you put your foot on the break.
I don't think these guys are arguing for hybrids.

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

Energy density is directly correlational with efficiency. You're not very scientifically literate, are you.
No it doesn't. It's literally how much energy you can get per volume and nothing about how efficiently you use it.

AGAIN EV battery has only one gallon of gasoline equivalent energy, but it does with it what ICE car does with almost a full tank.

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

I don't think these guys are arguing for hybrids.

I have no problem at all with hybrids. Formula One racing has used hybrid tech to get their thermal efficiency for their powerplants up to 50%.

That's incredible.

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

No it doesn't. It's literally how much energy you can get per volume and nothing about how efficiently you use it.

Energy stored in small volume allows lower weight, smaller footprint, better transfer of power to the ground, Etc. Etc. Etc.

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

Energy stored in small volume allows lower weight, smaller footprint, better transfer of power to the ground, Etc. Etc. Etc.
Yea...too bad it's so damn inefficient, slow and runs on dirty oil.

Btw EVs have SMALLER footprint, because their "engine" is in the floor, not under the hood and there are no exhaust systems taking up trunk space.

Forum List

Back