Big Bain Backfire

Nice simpleminded attempt at diversion. The fact is still that Bain saddled the company with debt, took it's investment and a hefty profit from it, and the taxpayers had to bail out, under law, their pension fund.

Romney is a job creator like Jeffrey Dahmer was a master chef. You're a rube.

Yea and those folks had 8 additional years of employment they wouldn't have had if Bain hadn't tried to save the company.

Lack of demand cost them their jobs, not Bain and certainly not Romney. Romney had been gone from Bain for 2 years before GST closed it's doors.

Keep trying, you're getting good a spewing falsehoods.

it is useless to throw facts before the swine that is Dickless.

I'm not seeing "facts", I'm seeing apologism.

Was GST in trouble before Bain came along? Probably?

Did using their assets to take out huge loans pay themselves a lot of money, and then letting the company drown in bankruptcy help or hurt. Almost certainly the latter.

Romney's claim is that his 'expertise' at working for a company that used private capital to maximize profits represents his case for why he would be a good president.

It's nonsensical.

The president doesn't work in the private sector; the president doesn't work with private capital; the president's job is not to 'maximize profits'.

Romney is making the absurd argument that he was good at one thing and that's why he should be hired to do some other thing, despite the latter having nothing to do with, or no resemblance to, the former.

It's like a guy applying for a carpenter's job and claiming he'd be best for the job because he has years of experience as an accountant.

Perhaps because every time we try to make you see Obama for what he is, someone brings up Bush.

Look your guy campaigned on fixing the mess, he was the only one that could. So far it ain't looking too good, it was bigger than the thought. Yes, why yes it was. Being President of the United States of America isn't quite the same as organizing the South Side of Chicago to get their votes.

BTW, how are those folks on the South Side doing since they were organized?? There were five murders on Sunday, two of them were children. But they all vote for Obama!!

Since Obama took over,

1. The monthly job gain/loss numbers have improved by about 900,000 jobs a month.

2. The quarterly GDP numbers have improved by about 8 percentage points.

No other president in modern history has seen those numbers improve that much in 3 years.

1978. Carter. 16.7% increase in GDP
UNITED STATES GDP GROWTH RATE

Did using their assets to take out huge loans pay themselves a lot of money, and then letting the company drown in bankruptcy help or hurt. Almost certainly the latter.

Ignorant. GTS was finished before Bain came along and tried to save it.

If GTS was finished, why did Bain even bother?

You see the contradiction. If this plant had so many problems, there was no good reason to invest in it, unless your goal was to simply loot the place.

Ok. That one was funny.

ROTFL.gif

Bush for all his flaws, had some humanity to him.

What part of humane was Bush's actions to send troops out in soft sided HumVees to act like targets for roadside bombs.

What part of humane was Bush's actions to ignore Osama Bin Laden?

What part of humane was destableizing Iraq so that thousands of innocent Iraqi's could be killed?

I could go on and on. However I am sure you unnerstan that there is nothing good I could say about Bush. Other than being glad he is no longer President.

But Joe B, for you to think Bush had the intelluct to be President surprises me. Yea, he might have been ok to shoot the shit about baseball and drink beer. But President? What a disaster. The worst in history IMO.

What it comes down to is that Bishop Romney is just not qualified to be President Of The United States.

And Obama is?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He wasn't ready in 2008 and he certainly hasn't learned much.

OJT is not appropriate for the POTUS, you're right there.

Obama IS President Of The United States. So I guess he's qualified.

And he has proven to be a superb Commander In Chief. The Mittwit knows nothing about foreign affairs other than where the best place is to hide his millions.

How does Romney's alleged business acumen help him govern a country? He can't liquidate Alabama for a leveraged buyout of Maine.

I guess he could ship a bunch of government jobs overseas though.

OJT is not appropriate for the POTUS, you're right there.

Every President has to receive OJT for the first term.

Some Presidents are just more trainable than others. Bush for instance had 8 years on the job. And never did figure out what the fuk he was doing.

Obama has had three plus years and may be figuring out what the job really is all about.

Mittens has it down. Close all the manufacturing plants and bankrupt them. Then pull millions of profit out of the economy, hand it to his friends and when, in four years, Americans say the hell with mittens, he will slink back into the world of the ultra wealthy.

And we will be left to pick up the pieces.

Bush on steriods. What a disaster in the making.

Ok. That one was funny.

]

Were you too stupid to understand the question.

If GST were a bad bet, how were they able to issue 125 Million in bonds on an 8 million dollar initial investment... By 2000, GST had 500 million in debt and filed for bankruptcy.

Again, the whole argument for Romney is that he's a wizard at management. Does leaving a company 500 million in debt and bankrupt sound like a wizard move to you?

GST Steel | Romney Economics | Mitt Romney's private sector record

Virtually everyone in America, in the real world, knows someone who was victimized by a corporate hatchet job like the sort Bain has engaged in.

The GOP isn't going to get out from under this one, in the real world.

And what exactly, in all of what you just said, do you think has to do with the real world?

You cant make bullcrap up and then expect to pass it off for reality.

Ok. That one was funny.

]

Were you too stupid to understand the question.

If GST were a bad bet, how were they able to issue 125 Million in bonds on an 8 million dollar initial investment... By 2000, GST had 500 million in debt and filed for bankruptcy.

It's called 'venture capital.' Few investments are riskier than infusing dead companies with millions upon millions in hopes of turning them around.

When it works, they are richly rewarded.

Now, you Marxists hate sucky ol' profit being made by risk takers.

We get that.

:lol:

What part of humane was Bush's actions to send troops out in soft sided HumVees to act like targets for roadside bombs.

What part of humane was destableizing Iraq so that thousands of innocent Iraqi's could be killed?

I could go on and on. However I am sure you unnerstan that there is nothing good I could say about Bush. Other than being glad he is no longer President.

But Joe B, for you to think Bush had the intelluct to be President surprises me. Yea, he might have been ok to shoot the shit about baseball and drink beer. But President? What a disaster. The worst in history IMO.

You're wrong about Bush having nothing good in his record. I didn't like the way the guy governed..but he was, at his heart, a good fellow. His reasons for attacking Iraq were far different from the rest of the Neocons.

Bush also sent the US aid, almost immediately, to save flood victims in Thailand and Sri Lanka. Bush sent the US to help out earthquake victims in Iran. The US fight against AIDS in Africa under Bush was outstanding..and saved millions.

I'll agree he's probably the worst President in history...but he had a good heart.

I cant wait for the debates.

just think of how the numbers will look to people when they hear them.

all the jobs Robmoney eliminated while lining his pockets.

People like capitalism people dont like dismatling capitalism for personal profit.

That is distroying and abusing caplitalism NOT raising it to its highest ideal to a win win for all like most Americans think of capitalism

Last edited:

You're wrong about Bush having nothing good in his record. I didn't like the way the guy governed..but he was, at his heart, a good fellow. His reasons for attacking Iraq were far different from the rest of the Neocons.

Bush also sent the US aid, almost immediately, to save flood victims in Thailand and Sri Lanka. Bush sent the US to help out earthquake victims in Iran. The US fight against AIDS in Africa under Bush was outstanding..and saved millions.

I'll agree he's probably the worst President in history...but he had a good heart.

He just had a VP whose heart was later turned into a Horcrux...

He just had a VP whose heart was later turned into a Horcrux...

Well yeah..

Cheney..is one evil bastard with no manners.

People like capitalism people dont like dismatling capitalism for personal profit.

That is distroying and abusing caplitalism NOT raising it to its highest ideal to a win win for all like most Americans think of capitalism

I can't wait for Obama to explain why he took campaign contributions from Bain.

:lol::lol::lol:

I can't wait for Obama to explain why he took campaign contributions from Bain.

:lol::lol::lol:

Why wouldn't he?

:confused:

Forum List

Back