Big mouth Natalie Maines is back at it again !

My favorite part about the Chicks shooting their mouths off, is that Liberals suddenly started liking country music.
The Chicks had already crossed over to creating a country and pop collusion. The female country stars that followed the Dixie Chicks copied the Chicks and expanded on their transformations of getting a start in the relatively easy country venue but morph into pop as quickly as possible, i.e., Tayor Swift. Ever since the Chicks the country venue is known as a death trap, or at least, a very limited venue for all but the biggest names with the biggest masters controlling them.

How come pop stations don't play their music, now?

They were the first country act to be recognized at the Grammys in 20 years. It was obviously a politically motivated vote.

My favorite part about the Chicks shooting their mouths off, is that Liberals suddenly started liking country music.
The Chicks had already crossed over to creating a country and pop collusion. The female country stars that followed the Dixie Chicks copied the Chicks and expanded on their transformations of getting a start in the relatively easy country venue but morph into pop as quickly as possible, i.e., Tayor Swift. Ever since the Chicks the country venue is known as a death trap, or at least, a very limited venue for all but the biggest names with the biggest masters controlling them.

They were the first country act to be recognized at the Grammys in 20 years. It was obviously a politically motivated vote.
I do not know. This was one of their big hits way back in 2002. The fiddles make it sound country to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=CCP0XswKeRk

I do not know. This was one of their big hits way back in 2002. The fiddles make it sound country to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=CCP0XswKeRk

I agree. Actually it's the singing that marks it -- those glissandos are peculiar to what passes for modern "Country" -- singers cannot start on the target note, they have to start lower and slide up to it. Fiddles or no fiddles.

But again, that's 2002. Part of the point of bringing in Natalie Maines was to expand beyond that, into a country-rock, "alt country", singer-songwriter, rocky blues meld.

Some of you would be surprised how many big named Country stars are liberals but (after the Natalie debacle) shut up faster than a whore in church when asked about their political views. Unfortunately those on the right are just as bad as the left when it comes to dissenting opinions, not only don't they want to hear them they'll destroy anyone who dares open their mouth. Sad really........

Some of you would be surprised how many big named Country stars are liberals but (after the Natalie debacle) shut up faster than a whore in church when asked about their political views. Unfortunately those on the right are just as bad as the left when it comes to dissenting opinions, not only don't they want to hear them they'll destroy anyone who dares open their mouth. Sad really........

Yep....the chicks sang country at a time when slutty looking women were new to it...not the case anymore. They tried to go pop and fizzled like "new" Coke.

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are big Oboho supporters.

I'm actually not a fan of their music now. I was in the earlier days as noted backthread. That doesn't matter here though, as it's not the point; the point is the unwashed enabling corporate jingo-balls McCarthyism. That ain't democracy; it's anti-democracy.

What passes for "Country" now makes the real Country -- the one that had character and integrity, the domain of the Jimmie Rodgerses and Dave Macons and Buck Owenses and Johnny Cashes and Hank Williams (the real one) and Merle Haggards --- ashamed to be associated with the same label, which has been made into a mockery by that same corporate music business. All they have left is corporate rock music wearing a cowboy hat. It has all the artistic integrity of an Egg McMuffin.

"I don't even know the Dixie Chicks, but I find it an insult for all the men and women who fought and died in past wars when almost the majority of America jumped down their throats for voicing an opinion. It was like a verbal witch-hunt and lynching."--- Merle Haggard
Why should anyone care what a known liar like you says about anything?

I don't see the correlation between one's musical interests and politics.
That is naive at best, stupid at worst.

These people do demographic research on their target audiences, which is why so many Country stars pretend to be conservative.

They have a right to say whatever they want, but I have the right to change the radio station anytime they are played. I also don't have to buy their CDs or attend their concerts. That is what a number of red-blooded Americans did.

Everybody's blood is red, number one. It's what oxygen does.
Again, the question you won't touch was, still is, and will remain: what the fuck does a stage banter comment to an audience in London have to do with the music? Does the music somehow change retroactively?

I don't want to stop their free speech, but liberals don't seem to understand that their are consequences to their actions.

Since you're adept at contradicting yourself, I'll just watch. :popcorn:

They got exactly what they deserved because they did not know their audience.

Oh but they did. The audience didn't object. The corporate music "industry" did. And you followed their lead like a puppy.

I am sorry! I really am. Nobody should have to go through life saddled with liberalism, but I guess you are just too stupid to rehabilitate.

Have a nice life. Goodbye!
You know that guy in your avatar, Marion Morrison, did not serve in WWII. Like so many Republicans, he got a deferment.

Age 34 with 4 kids. Deferment granted.

just take a listen to the classic Dixie Chicks song "Travelin Soldier" and grieve the loss of good young U.S. soldiers who spilled blood , unnecessarily, because of the GWB error , that Dick Cheney knew would be "a quagmire"

I guess you didn't listen to the lyrics. It is about Vietnam!

I think we are all smart enough to realize that . . . . The concept applies to any of our wars , any young soldier who dies in battle and a nation that scarcely notices their absence .

You didn't listen to the song OBVIOUSLY!

They have a right to say whatever they want, but I have the right to change the radio station anytime they are played. I also don't have to buy their CDs or attend their concerts. That is what a number of red-blooded Americans did.

Again, the question you won't touch was, still is, and will remain: what the fuck does a stage banter comment to an audience in London have to do with the music? Does the music somehow change retroactively?

I don't want to stop their free speech, but liberals don't seem to understand that their are consequences to their actions.

Oh but they did. The audience didn't object. The corporate music "industry" did. And you followed their lead like a puppy.

I am sorry! I really am. Nobody should have to go through life saddled with liberalism, but I guess you are just too stupid to rehabilitate.

You know that guy in your avatar, Marion Morrison, did not serve in WWII. Like so many Republicans, he got a deferment.

No shame in that dude.

And congrats on the 4 kids.

No shame in that dude.

Not me! John Wayne.

I served 23 years active and reserve.

just take a listen to the classic Dixie Chicks song "Travelin Soldier" and grieve the loss of good young U.S. soldiers who spilled blood , unnecessarily, because of the GWB error , that Dick Cheney knew would be "a quagmire"

I guess you didn't listen to the lyrics. It is about Vietnam!

I think we are all smart enough to realize that . . . . The concept applies to any of our wars , any young soldier who dies in battle and a nation that scarcely notices their absence .

You didn't listen to the song OBVIOUSLY!

Lyrics of songs are metaphoric ,,,,,,, duh !
Anyway , I've experienced just enough stupid bull $#!+ on this board to have realized it is mostly a bunch of bitter , ignorant , dyed in the wool , GOP sheeple still unwilling to face the fact that B. H. Obama won the POTUS and re-election (even with a terrible fiscal record) - because GWB was such a train wreck . GWB and Dick are responsible for the unnecessary deaths and life long wounds suffered by 10's of thousands of U.S. soldiers . The nation will not soon forget it either .
I'll soon pull up stakes here and leave you and your friends to your self imposed condition of misery ;/)
wFhu8vL.jpg

You really think you can avoid the plain and obvious truth of this matter; that Maines gave aid and comfort to our enemies in a time of war?
Well, then so did Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney and every other Republican, when they criticized President Obama on foreign soil, while we were at war in Afghanistan.

Do you ever think about what you are going to post before hitting 'send'? Doesn't look like it.

You obviously think in very simple terms. Like a simpleton!

And you can only offer up insults as an argument. That strategy is why Liberalism has no future; sooner, or later you're calling everyone stupid, therefore losing all your supporters.

Yup, because no one who fought in WWII had wives and kids!
rolleyes.gif

No shame in that dude.

Not me! John Wayne.

I served 23 years active and reserve.
Confirmed bachelor?

"I don't even know the Dixie Chicks, but I find it an insult for all the men and women who fought and died in past wars when almost the majority of America jumped down their throats for voicing an opinion. It was like a verbal witch-hunt and lynching."--- Merle Haggard
Obviously Merle doesn't understand that if you do not want to know what other people think of where it is that you choose to stand on anything, keep your mouth shut until you do want to because everyone has the right to put their feelings out there.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back