Bill Gates: Raising The Minimum Wage Destroys Jobs

The job market has shrunk under Obama because of more costs placed on companies be it higher wages, higher medical insurance costs, more regulated costs, more taxes, etc.

So now claiming raising even more costs on companies is going to create jobs is pure insanity or by design to destroy capitalism in general.

obamacare has made some people lose their jobs to get the company under some magical FTE number and in other cases their jobs went from FTE to PTE to get under the obamacare mandate. Yet stupid fuck liberals blame the companies....

That's pretty fucking stupid, even for a rightard. Health insurance costs increase every year -- even before ObamaCare.

health-insurance-inflation-chart-512.jpg

So clearly, ObamaCare is not the cause of increased rates or the decrease in the job market (which is actually up since Obama became president as more people are working now than when he became president).

Secondly, with the exception of recessionary declines in income, wages also typically increase every year...

View attachment 29122

... so that also can't be the reason for any supposed decreases in the job market.

What's the next bullshit excuse you're going to make up, rightard? :doubt:

You call him stupid yet you IGNORE the MASSIVE increases to cost BECAUSE of retardcare

What was actually said:

Well, jobs are a great thing. You have to be a bit careful: If you raise the minimum wage, you’re encouraging labor substitution and you’re going to go buy machines and automate things — or cause jobs to appear outside of that jurisdiction. And so within certain limits, you know, it does cause job destruction. If you really start pushing it, then you’re just making a huge trade-off.

Cue the profanity...

Yes we know what he said it was in the link the OP supplied really not sure why you felt the need to cut and paste it.

The job market has shrunk under Obama because of more costs placed on companies be it higher wages, higher medical insurance costs, more regulated costs, more taxes, etc.

So now claiming raising even more costs on companies is going to create jobs is pure insanity or by design to destroy capitalism in general.

obamacare has made some people lose their jobs to get the company under some magical FTE number and in other cases their jobs went from FTE to PTE to get under the obamacare mandate. Yet stupid fuck liberals blame the companies....

That's pretty fucking stupid, even for a rightard. Health insurance costs increase every year -- even before ObamaCare.

So clearly, ObamaCare is not the cause of increased rates or the decrease in the job market (which is actually up since Obama became president as more people are working now than when he became president).

Secondly, with the exception of recessionary declines in income, wages also typically increase every year...

View attachment 29122

... so that also can't be the reason for any supposed decreases in the job market.

You call him stupid yet you IGNORE the MASSIVE increases to cost BECAUSE of retardcare
What massive increases? Show me on that chart where healthcare costs spike due to ObamaCare?

This guy knows a thing or two about creating jobs and building a business into a Fortune 500 corporation...

Why are you so dishonest?

Well, jobs are a great thing. You have to be a bit careful: If you raise the minimum wage, you’re encouraging labor substitution and you’re going to go buy machines and automate things — or cause jobs to appear outside of that jurisdiction. And so within certain limits, you know, it does cause job destruction. If you really start pushing it, then you’re just making a huge trade-off.

This guy knows a thing or two about creating jobs and building a business into a Fortune 500 corporation...

Why are you so dishonest?

I can do that, too....it's fun.

See, you cherry pick parts of it and disregard the rest of it that shows the full context. :eusa_whistle:

In the coming worker's paradise nobody will have to work.

Government will provide to each exactly what he/she/it needs in sufficient (though not overabundant quantity) precisely when needed.

All free!

So long as supplies hold out.

My original post: Which is better for the economy? One billionaire buying a yacht or a hundred thousand middle class people buying a TV?

I said this as an "example" because it's so fucking obvious, I thought no one was stupid enough to do what you tried and failed to do. Make an argument that trickle down works.

At that point, I actually went and looked up the number of TV's and the number of billionaires and the AVERAGE cost of the most expensive yachts in the world. And I only did that to give you that savage and most satisfying Atomic Bitch Slap that you richly deserve. The second slap was for being dense.

Uh, what "bitch slap"? Junior, I humiliated your dumb ass in front of everyone. You're "example" proved that your completely ignorant of economics, too lazy to do your homework, and incapable of doing basic math (hence the reason you are a liberal parasite demanding the right to mooch off of the American tax payer).

Also, the number of tv's as never the discussion and you know it. The fact that you are so desperate to change your narrative now stems at your humiliation over the fact that I literally gave you an atomic bitch slap in front of the world (while you're trying to deflect that reality with the false bravado that you actually gave me one.... :lmao:). You asked an ignorant question - "what is better for the economy, one billionaire buying a yacht or 100,000 middle class buying a tv".

I crunched the numbers (because you're too ignorant and too lazy to do so), and showed that your question proved you were wrong and I was right. And now you're furious that I played your juvenile game and exposed your insanely minimal IQ in the process.

Again, don't get mad at me junior. You're the fuck'n buffoon who posed the question without any knowledge of what the fuck you were talking about (as usual). One billionaire buying one yacht puts $64 million into the economy. 100,000 middle class buying a tv puts $43 million into the economy. The numbers prove what most of us already know - you're a fuck'n moron. :lol:

Wow Skippy, you're just a glutton for punishment, aren't you? First I Atomic Bitch slapped you and you post it again for everyone to see. You crunched fantasy numbers. There are hundreds of millions of Americans, not 100,000. And there are only a few hundred billionaires and I suspect most don't own $64,000,000 yachts. I was merely giving an example of the ridiculousness of trickle down and you crunched imaginary numbers. Fool.

POW_cartoon_sound_effect.png

ATOMIC Bitch Slap!

Absolutely.

View attachment 29122

What massive increases? Show me on that chart where healthcare costs spike due to ObamaCare?

Your chart doesn't include the start date of retardcare dumb fuck.

Oh...NOW I support tyranny? Give it a rest. I didn't invent the minimum wage. The minimum wage is already in place just about everywhere in the U S. It is already about $9 bucks an hour in Washington state. I'm not aware of any tyranny here. If Seattle wants to bump it to $15 I don't see what the big deal is. If it makes the price of a Big Mac 25 cents higher I don't really care. If it puts more money in the community then that might be good. Shouting off your soap box about "tyanny" is clown like. That says a lot about you.

There is nothing new about your support for tyranny, you have supported it at least as long as I have been posting on this board, which leads me to believe you supported it before that point.

Poppycock...Fiddlesticks...

Please leave me out of your Christian Fascist labeling schtick. I was a better republican than you ever dreamed of. Your blatent dissregard for right and wrong has grown tired and old.

People like you believe a lot of stupid ideas. The fact of the matter is that you don't know me at all. OR if you do there is nothing in your character preventing you from lying about me or anyone that doesn't buy into your wrongwing nonsense.

You are more adept at manipulating morons that vote against their own best interests. Controlling intelligent people that speak the truth to YOUR brand of tyanny...not so much.

I didn't put a label on you, I just pointed out that the policies you support always lead to tyranny. By extension, that means you support tyranny. If you don't like that, stop supporting tyrannical positions.

Government will provide to each exactly what he/she/it needs in sufficient (though not overabundant quantity) precisely when needed.

All free!

Gee whiz, the parasites must be drooling.

All free!

That's a contradictory statement.
If no one's working, who's producing the stuff?
If no one's working, who's giving out the stuff?
These straw man arguments always make one appear pretty illogical.

WTF are you talking about? That chart goes 1999 through 2013, i.e., up until 4 weeks ago. If it doesn't show a spike due to ObamaCare, then how the fuck can you blame ObamaCare for an increase in healthcare insurance costs?

:eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

Bill Gates is still mad at the (R)'s because they wanted to break up his company and treat it like a monopoly.

I see no need to.

Well, there is the issue of ambiguity. But hey, what's that matter, right?

Ambiguous?

I asked a simple question about government regulating wages, how many interpretations can you get out of that?

Two that I see.

1. Should the government mandate a minimum amount for wages.
2. Should the government mandate that a person be paid wages for work they've done.

Two very different things. So nex time, instead of acting like a little girl it might be simpler to just answer the question.

View attachment 29122

Do you wanna talk about the spike in the deductibles, or not? :eusa_whistle:

WTF are you talking about? That chart goes 1999 through 2013, i.e., up until 4 weeks ago. If it doesn't show a spike due to ObamaCare, then how the fuck can you blame ObamaCare for an increase in healthcare insurance costs?

:eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

Because my healthcare nearly doubled BECAUSE of retardcare ya idiot.

Forum List

Back