Black Leaders Should Not Be Honored With Statues

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
Republicans in the Georgia state Senate want to erect a statue of Georgia native Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas but Democrats are fighting it, claiming that Thomas is a hypocrite and a traitor. Should black leaders be honored with statues, or is Clarence Thomas a traitor, such as Confederate Rebels? Why are democrats so racist?

Nobody today deserves a statue honestly.

If a statue isn't atleast 75 years old in this country then I couldn't care less about it. I only really feel like honoring real Americans that founded the country and worked harder to do it back then than anyone does in this day and age.

Republicans in the Georgia state Senate want to erect a statue of Georgia native Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas but Democrats are fighting it, claiming that Thomas is a hypocrite and a traitor. Should black leaders be honored with statues, or is Clarence Thomas a traitor, such as Confederate Rebels? Why are democrats so racist?

WTF? They just don't like that particular black guy. I don't see how you suddenly make that into a campaign against statues of blacks. Thomas has had a relatively middling tenure as an SC judge.

the-martin-luther-king-jr-m9e4198.jpg

WTF? They just don't like that particular black guy. I don't see how you suddenly make that into a campaign against statues of blacks. Thomas has had a relatively middling tenure as an SC judge.

the-martin-luther-king-jr-m9e4198.jpg
So do we honor prominent blacks who have achieved greatness or not?

Government shouldn't be wasting money on statues of anyone.

Most all of those statues weren't erected by way of government funding, but were privately-funded or funded through donations. White women were instrumental in raising funds to build most all of the Confederate monuments. The United Daughters of the Confederacy, founded in the 1890s, was probably the most important and influential group.

So do we honor prominent blacks who have achieved greatness or not?

Those statues and portraits of Margaret Sanger should also be defaced with spray paint, then torn down too. There are dozens of them across the country: The Smithsonian, one in Manhattan, one in Boston. Sanger Hall at Chatham University and Sanger College at Stony Brook University should be renamed as well.

I'd love to take a sledge hammer and knock the head off the second one pictures. Then piss on it.

Remove statues of Margaret Sanger, Planned Parenthood founder tied to eugenics and racism

1644336019534.png

1644336109401.png

Thomas has not achieved greatness on the SC.

There are many other SC judges of much higher statue (pardon the pun) that don't have one.
But, most of these statues are done on a local basis. Isn't it quite an achievement for a black man from Georgia to become a member of the Supreme Court? Doesn't he deserve permanent recognition in his locality for that? I live in a city where they post pictures on telephone polls of local high school athletes who went on to win state championships. Why is that OK but having a statue of a black man from Georgia who made it the Supreme Court is not?

Democrats are right back where they started from.....stone-cold racists.

Forum List

Back