Black Republican: Don’t Equate Black Rights And Gay Rights

Transmission Category Cumulative Estimated # of AIDS Diagnoses, Through 2009*
Adult and Adolescent Males Adult and Adolescent Females Total
Male-to-male sexual contact 529,908 - 529,908
Injection drug use 186,318 87,126 273,444
Male-to-male sexual contact and injection drug use 77,213 - 77,213
Heterosexual contact** 72,183 126,637 198,820
Other*** 12,744 7,032 19,776

* From the beginning of the epidemic through 2009.

** Heterosexual contact with a person known to have, or to be at high risk for, HIV infection.

*** Includes hemophilia, blood transfusion, perinatal exposure, and risk not reported or not identified.

Basic Statistics | Statistics and Surveillance | Topics | CDC HIV/AIDS

---

4% of about 150,000,000 and then look at those MSM and MSM/IV numbers.

:)

peace...

New diagnoses of HIV are only in 0.989% of Gay males who have sex, in the US, according to your first link.

The numbers and link I just posted are the current totals from the CDC.

Do with them as you will considering 4% of 150,000,000.

I'd do the math for ya, but you seem Insistantly in Denial about CDC Data when Presented with Actual numbers.

peace...

Transmission Category Cumulative Estimated # of AIDS Diagnoses, Through 2009*
Adult and Adolescent Males Adult and Adolescent Females Total
Male-to-male sexual contact 529,908 - 529,908
Injection drug use 186,318 87,126 273,444
Male-to-male sexual contact and injection drug use 77,213 - 77,213
Heterosexual contact** 72,183 126,637 198,820
Other*** 12,744 7,032 19,776

* From the beginning of the epidemic through 2009.

** Heterosexual contact with a person known to have, or to be at high risk for, HIV infection.

*** Includes hemophilia, blood transfusion, perinatal exposure, and risk not reported or not identified.

Basic Statistics | Statistics and Surveillance | Topics | CDC HIV/AIDS

---

4% of about 150,000,000 and then look at those MSM and MSM/IV numbers.

peace...

New diagnoses of HIV are only in 0.989% of Gay males who have sex, in the US, according to your first link.

The numbers and link I just posted are the current totals from the CDC.

Do with them as you will considering 4% of 150,000,000.

I'd do the math for ya, but you seem Insistantly in Denial about CDC Data when Presented with Actual numbers.

peace...

4% of 150, 000, 000 is 6 million.

23, 846 is .40 percent, not 40% - of 6,000000

if you use that 500k number - it's 8%.

in perspective, what this means is that in 2009, much less of a percentage of gay males were diagnosed with HIV than historically.

Last edited:

I see a lot of parallels between the civil rights movement and the gay rights movement

I have seen gays beaten up because of their sexuality and nobody lifted a finger
I have seen gays denied employment, housing and rights
I have seen gays segregated from decent society
I have seen gays denied the right to marry the person of their choice

Steele does not know what he is talking about

Gay males have been known to have promiscuous sex (well, men in general, but that is neither here nor there). So, what better way to work towards curbing that behavior than.............................KEEPING THEM FROM ESTABLISHING LIFELONG MONOGAMOUS RELATIONSHIPS THRU LEGAL BONDING!

Idiots.

Gay males have been known to have promiscuous sex (well, men in general, but that is neither here nor there). So, what better way to work towards curbing that behavior than.............................KEEPING THEM FROM ESTABLISHING LIFELONG MONOGAMOUS RELATIONSHIPS THRU LEGAL BONDING!

Idiots.

:clap2:

And AIDS Education which, by the numbers, appears to be helping a great deal.

Idiots.

So, gays can't have lifelong, monogamous relationships unless they are legally bound?

:lol:

That says a lot about gays... you may want to rethink that one.

Idiots.

So, gays can't have lifelong, monogamous relationships unless they are legally bound?

:cuckoo:

Idiots.

Yeah, her statement was a bit :cuckoo:

Idiots.

Interesting that that is what you took from my post when I very carefully said "work towards" instead of "absolutely causes".

I guess that, TO YOU, that is what marriage is....forcing you to be monogamous...and you are just reflecting your personal take onto your post.

no, yours was.

stating that marriage encourages monogamy is not saying monogamy is impossible without marriage.

your statement was blatantly stupid/obtuse, and you only made it b/c you're a partisan hack on the issue.

The bottom line is that gays believe a couple of fuck buddies should get government benefits for the sole reason that they are sleeping together.

no, yours was.

stating that marriage encourages monogamy is not saying monogamy is impossible without marriage.

your statement was blatantly stupid/obtuse, and you only made it b/c you're a partisan hack on the issue.

Actually, to be fair to Soggy, she posts what she knows. I'm thinking that her own experience of marriage is that "monogamy is impossible without marriage", thus her comments.

The bottom line is that gays believe a couple of fuck buddies should get government benefits for the sole reason that they are sleeping together.

And you believe that a "couple of fuck buddies should get government benefits for the sole reason that they are sleeping together" as long as they are opposite genders.

No, actually they believe that people who love each other should be allowed to marry

According to what statistic? Idiot.

Again, don't be so hard on bripat....he is only posting what he knows....what he has been raised to believe...."fuck buddies getting government benefits" are ok, if they are opposite genders. That's his take on marriage.

??????????

Man...you gotta put your personal sentiments aside and collect some facts.

This post of yours is not only factually incorrect...but it is immature and naive as well.

no, yours was.

Actually, to be fair to Soggy, she posts what she knows. I'm thinking that her own experience of marriage is that "monogamy is impossible without marriage", thus her comments.

I've been totally monogamous in every relationship I've ever had, married or otherwise.... post the early, stupid years that is when the brain was controlled by the lesser organ.

:eusa_drool:

No, actually they believe that people who love each other should be allowed to marry

That's the ONLY qualifier?...

peace...

Forum List

Back