Blacks drown at 5 times the rate of white people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have no idea what I know or don't know. Don't flatter yourself.

Everytime you post you prove you dont know anything. Did you think people couldnt see your post or something? :lol:

Is that right? So rock and roll wasn't influenced by a variety of music? And when did they start using banjo's in rock and roll or even rap for that matter?

Pick a topic and stay on it.

Country music, they use banjos in country music, moron. I also never said rock and roll wasn't influenced by many genres. I pointed out all the ones you listed were either started or influenced by Africans and African Americans.
Stay on topic? How do you breath?

Thanked by Rat in the Hat

Aside from the density reality, blacks aren't drawn to the water; primal fear.

The one parent Black family that LBJ's "great society" created is responsible for the lack of supervision of Black kids. They do OK in playgrounds but surprise, surprise they drown in pools. The government can't be everywhere.

The one parent Black family that LBJ's "great society" created is responsible for the lack of supervision of Black kids. They do OK in playgrounds but surprise, surprise they drown in pools. The government can't be everywhere.

Don't lose heart.

At the rate Obama is growing government it will soon be everywhere with at least two "agents" on the federal payroll for each family. Watchers, y'know. Can't have "things being said" that aren't reported and you really can't count on the children exclusively to do the job.

No cogent human would ever say (or believe) that "Blacks can't swim."

But there are cultural reasons why fewer (by percentage) Blacks are regular recreational swimmers than "whites," and the question remains: why are they more likely to drown than "white" kids?

Are there any physiological reasons? Blacks being slightly less bouyant (due to more lean tissue)? Who knows?

But you can't even have a fucking discussion if every attempt to explain the difference results in being called a "racist."

You are making it way too difficult or you are racist. Why are white people so bad at rapping? Is there something different about their brains and mouths? Does that sound racist to you?

You gotta be fucking kidding. Maybe because a lot of white people have absolutley zero interest in rap music. Why? Because much of it glorifies the mayhem that takes place every day of the year in black communities - oops, hoods - all across the country. We don't call women hoes and bitches, just to give one simple example. It's not important to us to dress like a street thug and talk, not sing, street cred enhancing lyrics to enhance our self-esteem. Know what um say'in?

I dont really think its an issue unless we are expecting a flood. It would be nice if everyone knew how to swim but its not a requirement especially with the invention of life jackets. To me its just another way to exercise disguised as fun. I believe the interest level has to raised in the Black community if we want to have an abundance of high level swimmers. I dont know how you do that or why its important.

What's important is not forcing "another way to excersize" on youngins. But I'm thinking of what we used to call "drown-proofing". You could drownproof a kid without hardly ever gettting their face wet. Something like 2 hours of instruction for the times there are no lifejackets around.

Taught upright, low effort bobbing and simple back-floating. Zen methods in deep water.
That kinda stuff. I'm surprised the RedCross isn't on this bigtime. (They probably are).

I dont see it as forcing. What I am saying is what is the motivation? If you want to teach your child to swim in the interest of safety then thats fine. How do you sale that to parents that dont swim and dont go to the beach or pool? To me its like teaching your child how to survive in the woods and you dont live anywhere near the woods.

Then you should know that I had saves almost anytime a black school had a field trip to Daytona and ended up in my pool. Ive seen it. And it gets ugly if you have an after hours shoving contest with your cracker partner guard who waited too long to start giving aid to a 16 or 18 yr old.

Not teaching them to ride a horse isnt likely gonna kill em, But water safety and gun safety avoidance just might. Not lecturing, but I still cant relax watching folks near the water. A mild form of ptsd maybe...

Something a lot on both sides of this thread have forgotten to mention is that, on average, Blacks have much denser bones that White people, rendering them less buoyant. It is also a cultural thing. We spent our honeymoon in the Bahamas, and almost every other river and beach we passed had Black kids playing and swimming in the water, unaided. And I think we only saw one basketball hoop. Most Black Kids in the Caribbean play cricket.

Right. American black kids don't have the access to water that other kids might have. Swimming isn't part of their upbringing like it is for others. Having and interest in sport and being good at it has to do with your background: what you do for play and recreation in your ordinary, everyday life--what your parents and grandparents did.

I do believe that American negro's still have a subconscious genetic memory from their living in Africa since before the stone age.

Because in most rivers and large bodies of water in Africa are infested with crocodiles and other dangerous animals.

So an aversion of swimming is deeply embedded within their DNA. .. :cool:

No racist that's not it. Not that you care what the reasons actually are.
It's the same with African Americans and snakes.

Many years ago I worked in a warehouse located on the outskirts of town. Sometimes a small snake would sneak in and hide among the pallets of material being stored for distribution.

If a white or spanish worker saw the snake they would hit it with a stick or something and kill it. No big deal.

But a black guy would absolutely freak out if they saw a snake and run and yell like he was being attacked by a king cobra. It was quite comical to see the look of fear on their faces and and how big the whites of their eyes would get.

Which leads me to believe that black people have embedded in their psyche some kind of genetic DNA memory from living for ten's of thousands of years in Africa.

Such as not wanting to swim or their inordinate fear of snakes. .. :cool:

Like I said. You don't really care.

I do believe that American negro's still have a subconscious genetic memory from their living in Africa since before the stone age.

Because in most rivers and large bodies of water in Africa are infested with crocodiles and other dangerous animals.

So an aversion of swimming is deeply embedded within their DNA. .. :cool:

No racist that's not it. Not that you care what the reasons actually are.
It's the same with African Americans and snakes.

Many years ago I worked in a warehouse located on the outskirts of town. Sometimes a small snake would sneak in and hide among the pallets of material being stored for distribution.

If a white or spanish worker saw the snake they would hit it with a stick or something and kill it. No big deal.

But a black guy would absolutely freak out if they saw a snake and run and yell like he was being attacked by a king cobra. It was quite comical to see the look of fear on their faces and and how big the whites of their eyes would get.

Which leads me to believe that black people have embedded in their psyche some kind of genetic DNA memory from living for ten's of thousands of years in Africa.

Such as not wanting to swim or their inordinate fear of snakes. .. :cool:

That's how I would react if I saw a snake, and I'm German, French, English.

I think your take on this is very racist.

Something a lot on both sides of this thread have forgotten to mention is that, on average, Blacks have much denser bones that White people, rendering them less buoyant. It is also a cultural thing. We spent our honeymoon in the Bahamas, and almost every other river and beach we passed had Black kids playing and swimming in the water, unaided. And I think we only saw one basketball hoop. Most Black Kids in the Caribbean play cricket.

Right. American black kids don't have the access to water that other kids might have. Swimming isn't part of their upbringing like it is for others. Having and interest in sport and being good at it has to do with your background: what you do for play and recreation in your ordinary, everyday life--what your parents and grandparents did.

Correct. It's called being a product of your environment.

Correct. It's called being a product of your environment.

Yes, exactly.

No cogent human would ever say (or believe) that "Blacks can't swim."

But there are cultural reasons why fewer (by percentage) Blacks are regular recreational swimmers than "whites," and the question remains: why are they more likely to drown than "white" kids?

Are there any physiological reasons? Blacks being slightly less bouyant (due to more lean tissue)? Who knows?

But you can't even have a fucking discussion if every attempt to explain the difference results in being called a "racist."

You are making it way too difficult or you are racist. Why are white people so bad at rapping? Is there something different about their brains and mouths? Does that sound racist to you?

You gotta be fucking kidding. Maybe because a lot of white people have absolutley zero interest in rap music. Why? Because much of it glorifies the mayhem that takes place every day of the year in black communities - oops, hoods - all across the country. We don't call women hoes and bitches, just to give one simple example. It's not important to us to dress like a street thug and talk, not sing, street cred enhancing lyrics to enhance our self-esteem. Know what um say'in?

First of all whites are the largest group of people that buy rap music. Secondly thanks for proving my point. There simply is no interest in swimming as there are not that many facilities for swimming in urban neighborhoods. Know what I'm sayin?

Last edited:
I believe that teaching your kids to swim is important for the simple fact that it just may save their life or the lives of others. I understand not every child grows up in an environment where swimming areas are accessible, but that child will grow up and who's to say they will never be put in a situation that involves water and needing the ability to swim for their lives. They will at one point cross rivers or oceans, ride in boats, ships and/or ferry's......and knowing how to swim is essential should an accident ever happen.

But hey, if you don't understand the reason why knowing how to swim is important then there is nothing anyone can tell you that'll change your mind. We will read about your drowning in the news.

I can't remember ever seeing a good Black polo player. Are they just afraid of horses or because their eyes can't adjust to seeing the polo ball from the seat of a horse?

I can't remember ever seeing a good Black polo player. Are they just afraid of horses or because their eyes can't adjust to seeing the polo ball from the seat of a horse?

You were saying? When are you inbreds going to figure out there is nothing a Black man or woman can do?

Black Teens Win Polo Championship - The Root

In a sport associated more with royalty and the well-to-do suburban country club set than the inner city, a team of black kids from Philadelphia reign supreme.

blackteenspolo31312400jdh.jpg

It is possible for black people to do anything that anyone else does. There are black Olympic swimmers. There are black hockey players.

In some sports there are just very few of them. It's not because they can't. It's because the lifestyle of an individual doesn't lend itself to these sports as readily as other sports.

You gotta be fucking kidding. Maybe because a lot of white people have absolutley zero interest in rap music. Why? Because much of it glorifies the mayhem that takes place every day of the year in black communities - oops, hoods - all across the country. We don't call women hoes and bitches, just to give one simple example. It's not important to us to dress like a street thug and talk, not sing, street cred enhancing lyrics to enhance our self-esteem. Know what um say'in.

First of all whites are the largest group of people that buy rap music. Secondly thanks for proving my point. There simply is no interest in swimming as there are not that many facilities for swimming in urban neighborhoods. Know what I'm sayin?

Yo, I sho nuf know, nigga, what you be sayin'.

Last edited:
You gotta be fucking kidding. Maybe because a lot of white people have absolutley zero interest in rap music. Why? Because much of it glorifies the mayhem that takes place every day of the year in black communities - oops, hoods - all across the country. We don't call women hoes and bitches, just to give one simple example. It's not important to us to dress like a street thug and talk, not sing, street cred enhancing lyrics to enhance our self-esteem. Know what um say'in.

Yo, I sho nuf know, nigga, what you be sayin'.

Is that your best response or are you admitting you are white trash?

It is possible for black people to do anything that anyone else does. There are black Olympic swimmers. There are black hockey players.

In some sports there are just very few of them. It's not because they can't. It's because the lifestyle of an individual doesn't lend itself to these sports as readily as other sports.

some equipment is very expensive huh

its called lack of opportunity huh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back