Booker stays up late to marry gays

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Chris Christie drops challenge to same-sex marriage in New Jersey - U.S. News

Senator-elect Cory Booker married seven gay couples early Monday, as New Jersey became the 14th state to allow same-sex marriage.

"It is officially past midnight, marriage is now equal in New Jersey," Booker said to applause and cheers.

Booker, who had never officiated a wedding since becoming Newark mayor in 2006, called the occasion one of "the greatest privileges and honors" and "one of the most magical moments" of his life.

Good for Booker. He's definitely one of the good guys.

But, the meddlers just had to stick their noses in where thy don't belong.

When Booker asked if anyone objected to the marriage of the night's first couple -- retired advertising executive Joseph Panessidi and LGBTQ educator Orville Bell -- a protester yelled that the marriages were "unlawful in the eyes of God and Jesus Christ," The Associated Press reported.

The protester was then removed, as Booker continued the ceremony, saying he was "not hearing any substantive and worthy objections."

Gov. Chris Christie said that he instructed the state’s Department of Health to cooperate with municipalities to issue licenses. Christie's administration is appealing the Supreme Court ruling, but justices said they would not hold up marriages while they consider it.

Christie has now agreed to stop trying to end gay marriage in NJ.

Its really time the haters shut up and way past time for all Americans to enjoy the constitutional rights.

Congratulations to the happy couples.

Like him or hate him..he puts on a good show.

Booker's going to be fun.

Its about time

Christie vetoed the NJ Gay Marriage law over a year ago. This court decision provides Christie an easy out on the issue right before the election

It is only a privilege and an honor to marry gay couples. It is an insult and a denigration to marry heterosexual couples.

It is only a privilege and an honor to marry gay couples. It is an insult and a denigration to marry heterosexual couples.

Good for you for taking the high road when you could have made an ass of yourself with a really dumb lie.

I knew you'd be thrilled to see Americans treated with dignity and granted the same rights as heterosexuals.

the people he represents may not have jobs, but Booker is on top of things staying up late worrying over the big problems...

more knees are going to be damaged...

Is deviant marriage the most important issue to liberals?

that and abortion

jobs, our country bankrupting the people in it, dept and fascism from this government being put on their grandchildren's backs...

they yawn over

The Constitution is most important to liberals and the least important to rw meddling nutters.

The Constitution is most important to liberals and the least important to rw meddling nutters.

That is a blatant lie!!!:mad:

I'm thinking Christie and Booker are likely queers or bi-sexuals like Obama! Of course, they could just be extreme liberals like some of you idiots around here! :razz:

I'm thinking Christie and Booker are likely queers or bi-sexuals like Obama! Of course, they could just be extreme liberals like some of you idiots around here! :razz:

Your avatar has led me to believe you're gay.

No, not at all! I'm just a purveyor of truth, something you are poorly acquainted with. :cool:

Your avatar has led me to believe you're gay.

That's not nice dear...you should never be the first one to personally insult in a thread.

Birddog generally colors within the lines in terms of that.

I don't like his views...but he's generally respectful of other posters.

:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back