BOOM: Trump Reveals First Dept. He’ll Cut as President… Liberals Howl in Horror!!!!

Parents are idiots . At least the Schools are required to hire teachers with advanced degrees.

Just cause soMeone births a kid they are somehow experts in education !?

I spent most of my years in a private religious school but later went to public.

Back in the day, I would have pitted any of our private school classes against any public school any day of the week. Most of the school staff were nuns most of whom had no degrees in anything, and they did just fine.

What would make you think somebody needs a Masters degree to teach ABC's to kids anyway? Nobody knows their own child like the parent.

What if the child has dyslexia?

Parents are idiots . At least the Schools are required to hire teachers with advanced degrees.

Yeah, I've read your moronic posts. Keep your stupid shit to yourself kid. And note to self: schools are NOT required to hire anyone with advanced degrees.

Maybe not the shit schools in Louisiana . They do here in Mass. No wonder your state ranks near/at the bottom in education .

I spent most of my years in a private religious school but later went to public.

Back in the day, I would have pitted any of our private school classes against any public school any day of the week. Most of the school staff were nuns most of whom had no degrees in anything, and they did just fine.

What would make you think somebody needs a Masters degree to teach ABC's to kids anyway? Nobody knows their own child like the parent.

Private schools don't need to deal wh handicapped or problem kids . They can just toss them to public schools .

These rubes want to teach our kids that "Jesus " is the answer to every science question .

Private schools don't need to deal wh handicapped or problem kids . They can just toss them to public schools .

These rubes want to teach our kids that "Jesus " is the answer to every science question .

And your public schools want to teach them how to put condoms on bananas. Which one is worse?

The Jesus thing is much worse. Teaching sex ed is a good thing . Teen pregnancy keeps dropping .

Hmmmm.....

The Real Failure of Common Core | Ted Dintersmith
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../the-real-failure-of-com...
The Huffington Post
Aug 18, 2015 - There is the question of whether the Common Core curriculum will result in students working on material that is merely more difficult (and more ...
Editorial: The Trouble with the Common Core
www.rethinkingschools.org › Archives › Volume 27 No.4 - Summer 2013
Already hailed as the “next big thing” in education reform, the Common Core State ... By any measure, NCLB was a dismal failure in both raising academic ...
CURMUDGUCATION: AP Notices Common Core Failure
curmudgucation.blogspot.com/.../ap-notices-common-core-failure.html
Aug 31, 2015 - Common Core boosters have dealt with this big slice of failure by simply ... "The whole idea of Common Core was to bring students and schools ...
Common Core's Top-Down Standards are Doomed to Failure
www.usnews.com/...common-core.../attempts...
U.S. News & World Report
Feb 27, 2014 - Hence, Common Core standards, the latest in a long line of meddlesome attempts by government to control our children based on the ...
Who Set the Passing Marks for the Common Core Tests? A ...
dianeravitch.net/.../who-set-the-passing-marks-for-the-common-core-test...
Sep 10, 2015 - States that adopted the common core have anticipated tougher tests, but ... the cut scores when legislatures want to cover up failing schools, ...
failure of common core standard | - The Report Card
education-curriculum-reform-government-schools.org/.../failure-of-com...
Tags: curriculum reform, educational standards, failure of common core standard, failure of education system, Great Hearts Academies, NAEP ...
Over 80 PERCENT Of New Yorkers Say Common Core Is ...
dailycaller.com/.../over-80-percent-of-new-york-residen...
The Daily Caller
Jun 17, 2014 - Over 80 PERCENT Of New York Residents Say Common Core Is A Disastrous Failure. Photo of Eric Owens. Eric Owens · Education Editor.

Congress just passed and Obama signed a law removing any incentives for states to use Common Core standards. The idiots have won! Trump is talking about something that in the Navy we used to call OBE, because it was Overcome By Events.

Then we DON'T NEED an Education dept. after all! Glad you clarified that FACT! Bring it back to the states where it belongs!

No, we don't need states like Mississippi, Arkansas, and Louisiana to actually educate their poor and special needs students. No one will be left to handle all of the Pell Grants and Federal Student Loan programs. I guess we can do away with all of that too. Nobody needs to go to college anyway!

In Georgia there are several scholarships that are available to graduating Seniors. My Granddaughter has the Zell Miller Scholarship that pays 100% of the tuition. If she fails to maintain a 3.7 GPA she will lose that and fall back on a HOPE scholarship that only pays 80% of the tuition. She just completed her first semester and had a 4.0 GPA. This is at the University of Georgia that has a good rating.

Last edited:
No argument here, Education should be a community responsibility. Dismantling the Department of Education and bureaucracy has its benefits in that federal funding could go to the states, However, the mouth intends to cut funding, which is counter productive in that most if not all states lack adequate funding, the funds should be redirected and designated to the states based on the number of students registered within the state. He should also be pushing to dismantle state barriers, (union opposition), toward charter schools, school choice, teacher competency, and accountability requirements.

If parents are idiots and teachers with "advanced degrees" are so competent why is that as a country we spend on average more per student and yet rank 28th in overall academic achievement? Perhaps we need to rethink the "spend more to achieve worse results" model that our increasingly centralized and dictatorial education system is pursuing?

Who said anything about being experts in anything? The fact of the matter is that parents have been participating in and making the decisions concerning the education of their own offspring since the beginning of recorded history, sometimes they make the right choices and sometimes they don't, however only the most extreme authoritarian would dispute their natural rights to make said choices.

"Progressives worship government because government allows them to continue to operate under the delusion that the rest of society can't do without them."

Our schools are expensive because we paid for the special needs kids and he football teams.

And I worldwide ranking gets much better if you eliminate the red states. The test scores are driving down the entire country.
then why is obama sending refugee's to these areas as well as building his relocation camps here.

lolwut?
Obama Moving to Force 'Diversity' on 'Rich' Neighborhoods with Increased 'Affordable Housing' Plan

Obama making bid to diversify wealthy neighborhoods

Obama set to force affordable housing into affluent communities

No argument here, Education should be a community responsibility. Dismantling the Department of Education and bureaucracy has its benefits in that federal funding could go to the states, However, the mouth intends to cut funding, which is counter productive in that most if not all states lack adequate funding, the funds should be redirected and designated to the states based on the number of students registered within the state. He should also be pushing to dismantle state barriers, (union opposition), toward charter schools, school choice, teacher competency, and accountability requirements.

Wow! You have the education bashing talking points down pat! Did you remember those or was that a cut and paste job?

How do you think federal funds such as Title I and Special Education funds are distributed now?

Now, if you could only explain what any of that means in the red text and how that will improve things, go right ahead. While you are at it, can you explain why are any of those functions are outside of what the state and local governments already do?

If parents are idiots and teachers with "advanced degrees" are so competent why is that as a country we spend on average more per student and yet rank 28th in overall academic achievement? Perhaps we need to rethink the "spend more to achieve worse results" model that our increasingly centralized and dictatorial education system is pursuing?

Who said anything about being experts in anything? The fact of the matter is that parents have been participating in and making the decisions concerning the education of their own offspring since the beginning of recorded history, sometimes they make the right choices and sometimes they don't, however only the most extreme authoritarian would dispute their natural rights to make said choices.

"Progressives worship government because government allows them to continue to operate under the delusion that the rest of society can't do without them."

Our schools are expensive because we paid for the special needs kids and he football teams.

And I worldwide ranking gets much better if you eliminate the red states. The test scores are driving down the entire country.
then why is obama sending refugee's to these areas as well as building his relocation camps here.

lolwut?
Obama Moving to Force 'Diversity' on 'Rich' Neighborhoods with Increased 'Affordable Housing' Plan

Are you under the impression that any of those links refer to "relocation camps"?

Do you always speak in such generalizations.
I have 2 grand kids being home schooled.
And you're way out there

lolwut?

Are you under the impression that any of those links refer to "relocation camps"?
yes

lolwut?

yes

Did you actually read any of those links, or just the headlines?

He's getting closer to Rick Perry's "Oops!" line.

Conservatives hate education. Next up? The EPA because Conservatives don't believe in pollution.
We love education. We despise indoctrination. There's a difference, but uneducated, indoctrinated lefties don't understand. They can't. It's a vicious circle.

Omg I would love to get rid of the EPA, and the dept. of education all at once, that would be absolute political heaven.

You're right, today's college is just an indoctrination camp for you liberals! All I have to do is look at the human debris that comes out of Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and others!
What an ignorant schmuck you are

It just shows you how totally fucking retarded morons have become that the senile old man disparages the greatest universities, not only in America, but in the world.
Our universities have become a joke.

EXCELLENT IDEA...send it BACK TO THE STATES AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE!!!!

Conservative Tribune ^ | 12/28/2015
Speaking with Fox News host Chris Wallace this weekend, 2016 GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump made a remarkable statement about what he planned for the Department of Education, if and when he becomes president. "I may cut Department of Education," Trump said. "I believe Common Core is a very bad thing. I believe that we should be -- you know, educating our children from Iowa, from New Hampshire, from South Carolina, from California, from New York. I think that it should be local education." Many Americans agree, especially as the Department of Education has grown into a massive bureaucracy more...

Here's Trump's version of the Dept. of Education:

Judge Holds Trump Liable For Unlicensed 'Trump University'

The man is a proven con artist.

Forum List

Back