Boycott Israel

Kosher animals must be healthy. If improper feed, treatment or illness contributes to unhealthy the animal is rejected. As to exact feed, I believe it traditional to feed both grass and grain. As to anything else, not in my interest. I'm sure kosher butchers trust the farmers they get the animals from.

All animals must be healthy to use them for food. Nothing special about kosher laws in this respect.

Please define "improper feed" according to kosher laws. There is no such thing.

The fact is that kosher meat & poultry is no healthier than your average non-kosher meat & poultry, especially in Western Europe, North America, and Oceania.

Kosher animals must be healthy. If improper feed, treatment or illness contributes to unhealthy the animal is rejected. As to exact feed, I believe it traditional to feed both grass and grain. As to anything else, not in my interest. I'm sure kosher butchers trust the farmers they get the animals from.

All animals must be healthy to use them for food. Nothing special about kosher laws in this respect.

The fact is that kosher meat & poultry is no healthier than your average non-kosher meat & poultry, especially in Western Europe, North America, and Oceania.

What are the USDA standards for feed?
Do these standards really allow for feces as you've already stated they do.

I stated no such thing.

kosher butcher or not, the USDA has the final say on the acceptability of an animal for food.

I stated no such thing.

kosher butcher or not, the USDA has the final say on the acceptability of an animal for food.

You explicitly stated that feces is acceptable according to the USDA and therefore acceptable feed for a kosher animal.
The problem is you are spreading the fertilizer so fast and so thin you can't keep up with your own hating.

You explicitly stated that feces is acceptable according to the USDA and therefore acceptable feed for a kosher animal.
The problem is you are spreading the fertilizer so fast and so thin you can't keep up with your own hating.

You're a liar. I said no such thing.

Now tell me, what are the best settlement products to boycott?

I've eaten in kosher establishments. On particularly hot days, I've also walked into non-kosher establishments to have a Coke if there are no kosher places nearby. I can tell you that some non-kosher establishments have pungent smells that kosher places simply do not have.

I once bought kosher chicken to see if smelled better and looked better.

It did not. The best meat I have ever bought is USDA Organic chicken and grass-fed beef from Whole Foods.

Kosher meats look crappy.

I doubt if you go shopping. Your mother probably does all the shopping for your family. Moreover, if Kosher meats look crappy, maybe you can tell us why Muslims buy this "crappy looking" meat?

I buy both halal and kosher foods. I favor lamb and middle east foods. I always look for quality and appearance. Some halal shops will have food so old it gets these food moths. Shipping and length of time on shelves can be a problem. I look for clean stores with heavy turn over of food. My favorite is king market, but it is a bit far, unless I have other business in the area. I am more selective of small mom and pop halal stores unless I trust them. I rarely have to worry in a kosher store. Kosher food in the general grocery store I am careful about packaging and dates. Passover and holidays when food is in demand, I will stock up on my favorite items.
I buy ingredients that I can pick in bulk rather than prepackaged when I can. I freeze flour and grain items and thaw before bagging in ziplocks or jarring with tight seals and placing on my shelves. I like to see my food. I try not buy items larger than what I need in a give time period.
You want to eat well, you are more careful selecting what you use.

You're a liar. I said no such thing.

Now tell me, what are the best settlement products to boycott?

You are not worthy of any.

So, what is Sallys expertise about Kosher butchers?

I am all for boycotting anything and everything made in Israel because it is an Apartheid Regime. That includes meat produced by Kosher butchers, although I am personally aware of no individual meat products for sale from Israel in my local markets.

I have not a thing against Kosher butchers, per se, it is simply not a thing I am into, the same way I do not embrace other such cultural practices , like female circumcision.

Vic does not realize that if the animals suffers or when the lungs and organs are inspected the meat can be rejected as not kosher. Kosher goes beyond cleanliness, lack of cruelty, removing blood and certification. It is careful in picking the animals before killing, making sure there are no tears in the skin upon killing and that the health of the animals is examined internally as well. No sign of disease inside is permissible or the animal is rejected.

You have a very naive idea that Kosher butchers would throw out meat that doesn't comply with kosher laws or toss animals if they violate Kashrut regulations.

Man, its a business. Profit is their motive. They are going to do everything they can to maximize profit.

Until I see evidence that there are large groups of auditors that go out and examine the integrity and thoroughness of Kosher-certified meat & poultry plants, I'm going to use my brain and assume the thumb is on the scale.

Listen, you have never worked in a Kosher processing plant, so you really should use your brain to stop making silly remarks. Until you get a job in one of these plants, you actually are no authority on what is going on. I would never tell you what is going on in a Halal processing plant because I have never been employed in one.

I am all for boycotting anything and everything made in Israel because it is an Apartheid Regime. That includes meat produced by Kosher butchers, although I am personally aware of no individual meat products for sale from Israel in my local markets.

I have not a thing against Kosher butchers, per se, it is simply not a thing I am into, the same way I do not embrace other such cultural practices , like female circumcision.

You have a very naive idea that Kosher butchers would throw out meat that doesn't comply with kosher laws or toss animals if they violate Kashrut regulations.

Man, its a business. Profit is their motive. They are going to do everything they can to maximize profit.

Until I see evidence that there are large groups of auditors that go out and examine the integrity and thoroughness of Kosher-certified meat & poultry plants, I'm going to use my brain and assume the thumb is on the scale.

Listen, you have never worked in a Kosher processing plant, so you really should use your brain to stop making silly remarks. Until you get a job in one of these plants, you actually are no authority on what is going on. I would never tell you what is going on in a Halal processing plant because I have never been employed in one.
If you're into boycotting kosher products and female circumcision, then circumsize a mule and you won,t have to boycott it.

Strict restriction in both directions about importing meat or products containing meat.
I can't get my favorite canned raviolis any more.

Meat in kosher butchers is local. Can't import meat. Boycotting a Kosher butcher is racist, not anti-Israeli.
We know your colors.

Not necessarily.

Recalls

[/QUOTE]

Evidently these people do. Where is your outrage?
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/20/magazine/20circumcision-t.html?ref=femalegenitalmutilation

Fighting BDS – How SodaStream Changed the Conversation Around Settlements
honestreporting.com/fighting-bds-how-sodastream-changed-the-conversation-around-settlements
Alex Margolin
February 20, 2014 15:31 by Alex Margolin

Everything you need to know about fighting BDS and the assault on Israel’s legitimacy. Find us on Facebook here.

Today’s Top BDS Stories:

1. Proof that the SodaStream episode is helping change the conversation about settlements: a writer for the Independent went to visit the factory in Maale Adumim and realized that something with missing from the BDS analysis of the situation:

Not only are the anti-SodaStream campaigners barking up the wrong tree, they’re not even in the right forest. Apart from posing no threat to Palestinian nationhood and employing said Palestinians in large numbers, the reality of life in Ma’ale Adudim blows the case for BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) to smithereens.

That 80% [of settlers] isn’t just geographically entwined with Israel, but economically too. Contrary to the assertions of many activists, boycotting just the West Bank and not Israel itself simply isn’t feasible. Beyond that, it’s morally wrong. The people who live in places like this aren’t criminals or fanatics, but Israeli citizens.

As our visit demonstrated, they are quietly, and independently of the politicians, learning to co-exist with their Palestinian neighbours. This process will take a very long time and may yet fail, but it is palpably happening.

Meanwhile, a group from the Presbyterian Church, which has been deeply critical of Israel in the past, decided to forgo a boycott against Israel after making its own visit to the SodaStream factory.

So tell us, Mrs. Sherri, what expertise have you or any member of your Iranian gang in Kosher or Halal products. Maybe you and the gang gained that expertise when you lived in California where many Muslims and Jews live. Let me say one thing. That fat back (sow belly) that you use down South is only good for giving flavor to some vegetables like black eye peas or okra, but it certainly isn't edible. Meanwhile, Mrs. Sherri, such a shame that you don't see the Muslim women in the Middle Eastern markets throwing Israeli products into their shopping cart. Imagine -- you could get on your soapbox and yell at them. Hmm, I wonder if Mrs. Sherri boycotts goods coming from the Muslim world where people are being killed for their religious beliefs, or doesn't she care about this. even when those killed are innocent Christians?

I have a great idea. Mrs. Sherri and gang can drag themselves out of the house and travel around the country doing temp work in Halal and Kosher processing plants. This way they could pick up a few bucks and find out all about the way the food is processed.

My outrage is over Apartheid in Palestine, that is what human beings with a conscience are outraged about.

And the moral response to Apartheid is Boycott Israel, for human beings with a conscience, that is.

Evidently these people do. Where is your outrage?
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/20/magazine/20circumcision-t.html?ref=femalegenitalmutilation[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

International firms drop out of Israeli tender over boycott fears

Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Leading international companies bidding to build private seaports dropped out of the Israeli government’s tender due to concerns over the political repercussions, a report said on Tuesday.

The Israeli daily Haaretz said that Royal Boskalis Westminster, a Dutch operator of ports that had submitted a proposal under the name Holland Terminal in the prequalification stage last December, dropped out shortly thereafter. More recently, Italy’s Condote de Agua withdrew after passing the prequalification process, the report said.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/bus...ut-of-Israeli-tenders-over-boycott-fears.html

9 Brands You Can Boycott to Hold Israel Accountable for Its Violation of International Law

http://www.policymic.com/mobile/art...ts-violation-of-international-law.*Sodastream

Jaffa Oranges

Ahava

Golan Heights Wine

Victoria's Secret

Sabra Hummus

Medjool Dates

Eden Springs Water

Hewlett Packard

Every day that passes we see new stories about this beautiful Boycott Israel Movement.

Don't forget to boycott any Muslim country because of their intolerance toward people of different religious beliefs. Naturally we wouldn't want to buy anything from such places as Pakistan where Muslims have no problems suicide and car bombing innocent people, even other Muslims who belong to a different sect.

Oh, Mrs. Sherri, in the Middle East market I go to, the Muslim women are throwing Sabra hummus into their shopping carts all the time. They know what taste good. Even in the Iranian market right in my own neighborhood, the Iranian Muslims are also throwing Sabra hummus into their shopping carts. You really have to make a trip to Southern California and get on your soapbox and tell these women your thoughts. Of course, they will laugh at you, but at least you tried.

Meanwhile, I sure hope that Mrs. Sherri never takes advantage of some Israeli medical innovaction which she might need for some condition she has. After all, she would rather pass on than use something invented by a Jew and becoming a hypocrite.

[...]

I see you have a complete disregard for the truth, the death was an accident and if the stupid girl had not been in the drivers blind spot she would still be alive.

[...]
Nonsense. That "blind spot" excuse is a lie -- as any experienced bulldozer operator will attest.

rcorrie.jpg

I operated a bulldozer for four years in the Marine Corps and I'm telling anyone who is swayed by that bullshit that there is no "blind spot" capable of obscuring the view of something as big as an adult human form.

Regardless of the position of the blade some part of that girl's body would be plainly visible to the operator. So don't believe that "blind spot" lie. Rachel Corrie was deliberately and maliciously murdered by a callous Israeli.

Forum List

Back