Boycott Israel

Kosher food have to meet much higher standards than US inspected foods.
The type of meat use, the parts of meat used and the act of koshering the meat all make Kosher meat healthier. Less likely to carry e-coli and salmonella.
Koshering withdraws the blood to prevent rapid spoiling. It also makes the meat more digestible. The dietary laws of not mixing food also helps those with certain conditions absorb the food without causing stomach pains.
Doctors, not jewish, have recommended eating Kosher for your health.

Why Kosher Meat Is a Healthier Alternative
Anti-Inflammatory Diet -- What You Need to Know -- US News Best Diets

This is all lies.

Kosher standards are that the animal must be killed in a certain way and no milk products in the same facility. That's it.

Your average kosher meat smells worse than your average Organic or free-range/grass-fed meat. And it looks worse.
Remind me not to buy any kosher pork chops.

The type of meat use, the parts of meat used and the act of koshering the meat all make Kosher meat healthier. Less likely to carry e-coli and salmonella.
Koshering withdraws the blood to prevent rapid spoiling. It also makes the meat more digestible. The dietary laws of not mixing food also helps those with certain conditions absorb the food without causing stomach pains.

This is all lies.

Kosher standards are that the animal must be killed in a certain way and no milk products in the same facility. That's it.

Your average kosher meat smells worse than your average Organic or free-range/grass-fed meat. And it looks worse.

Let Herr Weil Ich Weiss, the Arab Know-it-all wunderkind, continue to buy his meat at Halal butchers. However, as one poster had said at one time, the Kosher butcher shop he goes to is so crowded with Muslims that it takes him so long to give the clerk his order.

Since Herr Weil Ich Weiss seems to have so much time on his hands, maybe he should research Halal meat processing plants in the U.S. Perhaps after reading up on this, he wouldn't want to eat any more Halal meat but will run to a Kosher butcher.

This is all lies.

"All lies"???

Constantly calling me a liar is getting a bit tiring, when I have provided links and evidence.

Your childish behavior is not appreciated. Clear up your language and broaden your vocabulary. What next take your shoe off and bang it on the keyboard?

:cuckoo:

On a few rare occasion I might be misunderstood, confused, misinformed, informed with only partially or incomplete facts such as when news comes in, even unintentionally incorrect.
A few errors in typing (I think much faster than my fingers move, and I type around 60 words a minute). I don't proof read enough. I tend to omit small words, and skip over them when I skim through text I read. A little white lie to protect or help others.
Otherwise I do not make a habit of lying, or fabricating.

If you have a problem with what is said, discuss it. Don't have a tantrum and throw insults.

"liar, liar, pants on fire" is juvenile. Time to grow up.

Kosher meat is the norm in Israel, but there are some places that sell non-kosher meat and other foods.
Kosher meat is actually more healthy so there are quite a few non-jews who eat kosher.

Meat being kosher has no relation to its health qualities. Kosher meat can be healthy and it can be old and rancid. Kosher just refers to the type of animal slaughter and that no dairy products were handled in the same establishment.

I half agree with Vic on this point.
Kosher meat is NOT intrinsically healthier than the meat from a non-kosher slaughter.
The animal must be healthy in order to be considered for schechting in the first place.
The rancid issue depends on transport and shelf life.

The non-kosher parts of the cow, etc... are sold to non-kosher food distributors.

The Israel Boycott, Anti-Judaism, and the Giant Shrug

January 7, 2014 by Jackson Doughart

boycott-450x281.jpg

I’ve long tried to understand the contemporary Left’s obsession with the Israeli-Palestinian dispute and its tunnel-visioned view of the matter

the far right is as anti-Semitic as the far left.

the difference is that the far right also hates mulims/arabs.... and the far left sees the terrorists and their supporters as somehow being downtrodden.

The Anti-Zionist Challenge to the Jewish Establishment

February 19, 2014 by Caroline Glick

jews-boycotting-israel.jpg

There is a difference between speech and war. Both are forms of expression, to be sure. But the essence of the former is engagement, and the essence of the latter is destruction.

This distinction is apparently too subtle for many of Israel’s Supreme Court justices. On Sunday, the Court heard arguments on the constitutionality of the 2011 Anti-Boycotts law. The law allows targets of boycotts to sue boycotters for damages in civil courts, and empowers the finance minister to revoke the non-profit status of NGOs that engage in boycotts. It is being challenged by a consortium of foreign-funded, radical, anti-Zionist NGOs.

The essence of boycotts is destruction, not engagement.

The most outspoken critics of Israeli anti-Zionist NGOs and J Street are on the Right. And that makes sense. It isn’t hard for rightists to make the distinction between speeches and extortion.

But the primary target of these groups is not the Right.

It is the leftist Jewish establishment, in Israel and in the US. And as J Street’s nearly unchallenged rise in the US, and the Court’s self-defeating incoherence on the boycott campaign indicate, over the decades, the establishment Left has become so dependent on rejecting the Right for its own sense of identity, that it is no longer clear whether its members are capable of siding with the hated Right against their common foes.

The Anti-Zionist Challenge to the Jewish Establishment | FrontPage Magazine
So now they're passing a law to force you to consume a certain product.

Can Israel get anymore fascist than that?

Kosher meat is the norm in Israel, but there are some places that sell non-kosher meat and other foods.
Kosher meat is actually more healthy so there are quite a few non-jews who eat kosher.

I prefer my meat killed cleanly and then bled, not bled and then killed. When I despatch my prey it is done cleanly and as painlessly as possible. I never leave an animal in pain I always track it and end its suffering. When they suffer the meat takes on an of taste as a result of the muscles consuming too much oxygen and nutrients and they turn dark and unpalatable. A good example is Salmon that is caught on rod and line, after the fight the salmon is not fit to eat and will die anyway. Farmed salmon caught in nets and despatched quickly taste fresh and full of flavour.

Meat being kosher has no relation to its health qualities. Kosher meat can be healthy and it can be old and rancid. Kosher just refers to the type of animal slaughter and that no dairy products were handled in the same establishment.

Like halal I avoid it as much as possible, in fact I eat more pork and ham than I do any other meat. Any comments DUMBASS

I half agree with Vic on this point.
Kosher meat is NOT intrinsically healthier than the meat from a non-kosher slaughter.
The animal must be healthy in order to be considered for schechting in the first place.
The rancid issue depends on transport and shelf life.

The non-kosher parts of the cow, etc... are sold to non-kosher food distributors.

Its pretty silly to think meat being kosher always means that the meat will be cleaner and healthier than all non-kosher meat. Once the animal is killed and the blood drained, as long as its kept away from dairy products, its kosher. There could be rats and cockroaches everywhere but the meat is still kosher.

Sorry but I like my Italian food and the cheese sauces in dishes like lasagne. I like tex-mex with beef chilli topped with strong cheese. And I like my seafood like winkles (sea snails) mussels, crabs, prawns, shrimps, clams, scallops and queenies along with pork and ham. Would nat make a very good Jew or Muslim would I. But then neither would most of the muslims I know who love bacon sandwiches and pork pies.

This is all lies.

Have you seen a kosher slaughter house and how clean it is, compared to the halal ones that are filthy and fly ridden.

This is all lies.

I saw halal ham in a supermarket once

So now they're passing a law to force you to consume a certain product.

Can Israel get anymore fascist than that?

I prefer my meat killed cleanly and then bled, not bled and then killed. When I despatch my prey it is done cleanly and as painlessly as possible. I never leave an animal in pain I always track it and end its suffering. When they suffer the meat takes on an of taste as a result of the muscles consuming too much oxygen and nutrients and they turn dark and unpalatable. A good example is Salmon that is caught on rod and line, after the fight the salmon is not fit to eat and will die anyway. Farmed salmon caught in nets and despatched quickly taste fresh and full of flavour.

Shechitah ensures the animal does not suffer.

This is all lies.

Have you seen a kosher slaughter house and how clean it is,

Not always.
Kosher slaughterhouse New Square Meats shut down by federal judge for selling dirty birds to public - NY Daily News

compared to the halal ones that are filthy and fly ridden.

Really? I'm sure some are and some aren't - and like any other meat production facility constant inspection is needed to preserve standards - whether kosher, halal or secular. There are a lot of urban legends that reinforce personal bias': snopes.com: Halal Meat

The one advantage of both Halal and Kosher is that the ritual of killing the animal can impart a respect and gratitude for the the life taken and reduces the likely hood of cruelty and brutality (not necessarily by those who work in the plants, but by the person who does the actual slaughter).

Have you seen a kosher slaughter house and how clean it is, compared to the halal ones that are filthy and fly ridden.

Kosher slaughter houses in the USA have of course been sited for their inhumane practases, filthy conditions, and abuse of workers. Just like any other slaughterhouse. They aren't special. Now go ahead and call it "anti-Semitism" to accuse kosher slaughterhouses and kosher meat of being no cleaner or healthier than non-kosher.

Not always.
Kosher slaughterhouse New Square Meats shut down by federal judge for selling dirty birds to public - NY Daily News

compared to the halal ones that are filthy and fly ridden.

Really? I'm sure some are and some aren't - and like any other meat production facility constant inspection is needed to preserve standards - whether kosher, halal or secular. There are a lot of urban legends that reinforce personal bias': snopes.com: Halal Meat

The one advantage of both Halal and Kosher is that the ritual of killing the animal can impart a respect and gratitude for the the life taken and reduces the likely hood of cruelty and brutality (not necessarily by those who work in the plants, but by the person who does the actual slaughter).

Your posts are wise and grounded.

There is nothing keeping the butcher from claiming he did the killing right even if he didn't. He's killing hundreds if not thousands of turkeys, chickens, or cows a day. He has a bottom line to think about.

Kosher meat certification is a perfect racket if you're smart and just looking to make a buck.

Kosher slaughter houses in the USA have of course been sited for their inhumane practases, filthy conditions, and abuse of workers. Just like any other slaughterhouse. They aren't special. Now go ahead and call it "anti-Semitism" to accuse kosher slaughterhouses and kosher meat of being no cleaner or healthier than non-kosher.

Have you done any research on Halal processing plants in the U.S. yet? If not, why not? Meanwhile, the Muslims are still going to Kosher meat markets so, unlike you, they have no problem with the Kosher meat.

There is nothing keeping the butcher from claiming he did the killing right even if he didn't. He's killing hundreds if not thousands of turkeys, chickens, or cows a day. He has a bottom line to think about.

Kosher meat certification is a perfect racket if you're smart and just looking to make a buck.

Since apparently you are not going to school now, is anything stopping you from becoming a Halal butcher where you can say the appropriate prayers before killing the animals?

Have you done any research on Halal processing plants in the U.S. yet? If not, why not? Meanwhile, the Muslims are still going to Kosher meat markets so, unlike you, they have no problem with the Kosher meat.

Do you know why Muslims go to Kosher meatmarkets? Its not becaue they think the meat is cleaner or healthier. Its just because Kosher rules conform to Hallal rules and then some.

I've heard of Gentiles in the USA only buying kosher meat cause they think the animals are treated better or the meat is healthier. They are such naive fools. The kosher meat industry is a multi-billion dollar market and like all businesses, they worship the dollar and not God.

The issue is Glatt, which explicitly refers to checking each animal for any injury which would result in death within one year's time.

The most Kosher Certification in the US is rejected in Israel due to the pressures of relatively high demand in the US.

Only 1 in 6 cows or chickens in the US is actually inspected to the level for required for a Glatt Certification, so "Glatt" prices are a crock.

Forum List

Back