Breaking...Lois Lerner Held In Contempt Of Congress

How do I get one of those Contempt of Congress thingies? I would like one for my mantle.

That's awesome. I wish I could stay home and watch the hearing when they drag her back into Congress.

The House of Representatives voted Wednesday to hold former IRS official Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress for refusing to testify about the agency’s targeting of conservative groups.
The House voted 231-187 for a resolution holding Lerner in contempt.

Lerner’s case will now be sent to the Justice Department, which then must decide whether to essentially prosecute Lerner in the case.
House GOP leaders have said Lerner’s testimony is important to fully investigate the scandal, in which IRS agents singled out Tea Party nonprofit applications for extra scrutiny.

“Thorough investigations by the Oversight and Government Reform Committee as well as the Ways and Means Committee have revealed findings that indicate that Ms. Lerner played a central role in the illegal targeting of conservative groups by the IRS,” House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., said in a memo last month.

Last May, Lerner refused to answer questions at a hearing about IRS agents singling out Tea Party applications. She again refused to answer questions in March, citing her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.

The House Oversight Committee voted to hold Lerner in contempt last month. All Republicans voted in favor and all Democrats voted against.
No surprise on the partisan votes...

That would be a fabulous PERP WALK!

I don't believe Holder will choose to prosecute...just watch...

How do I get one of those Contempt of Congress thingies? I would like one for my mantle.

Easy peasy, lie to them.

There are other ways to get one for your mantle:

Contempt of Congress is the act of obstructing the work of the United States Congress or one of its committees. Historically, the bribery of a senator or representative was considered contempt of Congress. In modern times, contempt of Congress has generally applied to the refusal to comply with a subpoena issued by a Congressional committee or subcommittee—usually seeking to compel either testimony or the production of documents.

It seems some people think this Lerner chick is being held in contempt for lying. But how can you lie when you refuse to testify? Hmmmmm...

Last edited:

The House voted on something?!? Well, it is about time! What important piece of legislation did they finally get around to voting on? Oh.... :mad:
They've voted on many bills...why don't you have your hackles up against Dingy Harry Reid for sitting on them all? Hmm?

Get lost son...some criminal Democrats are being looked at and HARD...and that IS about time. Shove off.:eusa_hand:

I think the entire country has contempt for Congress these days. I know I do. I would like an official plaque.

I think the entire country has contempt for Congress these days. I know I do. I would like an official plaque.
Maybe they'll think different as criminals get called out.

Don't let the low information radical left claim that it's a 5th Amendment issue. When Ms Lerner defended herself against the charges in the first hearing it nullified her attempt to hide behind the 5th Amendment.

Forum List

Back