Breaking: MSNBC : Prez Obama REJECTS ALL MILITARY OPTIONS IN AFGHANISTAN

I've already spoken to my National Security team about how we're going to do that.

What did he tell them ?

Deciding that the strategies presented to him are bad doesn't mean he reject ALL of the, only the ones he's been given so far. Maybe there was no exit strategy?

So what are there? About a hundred al Queda in Afghanistan?

We had more than half a million troops in Vietnam and that country had half as many people, and was a third the size of Afghanistan, where we only have about a hundred thousand troops.

Besides, Bin Laden is gone. Bush and the Republicans LET HIM GO. They gave him a SEVEN YEAR HEAD START.

So, what is the goal in Afghanistan? Make it a "democracy" they way we have in Iraq? Ask Iraqi Christians and women how successful we were.

What is Obama's strategy ?

Surrender.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Notice Obama changed AFTER his boy lost the election in Afghanistan.

So Obama lost election on 2 Continents

That's more than a bit simplistic.

The Afghan election was marred by large amounts of fraud and the fact that the opposition dropped out of a run off means that the legitimacy of the elected government is in question. One of the things McChrystal emphasized as necessary for success was a strong legitimate government in Afghanistan. Though you can give lip service to the government - it will not be regarded as "legitimate" by many of it's people and that has serious repercussions on any mission there. Hence, the wait until the elections were decided.

Deciding that the strategies presented to him are bad doesn't mean he reject ALL of the, only the ones he's been given so far. Maybe there was no exit strategy?

We had more than half a million troops in Vietnam and that country had half as many people, and was a third the size of Afghanistan, where we only have about a hundred thousand troops.

Besides, Bin Laden is gone. Bush and the Republicans LET HIM GO. They gave him a SEVEN YEAR HEAD START.

So, what is the goal in Afghanistan? Make it a "democracy" they way we have in Iraq? Ask Iraqi Christians and women how successful we were.

What is Obama's strategy ?

Surrender.

That is not the word the President would use.

It is the correct word.

Just not the word he would use.

He's throwing up his arms in exasperation.

He throws his arms up quite a bit.

Surrender.

That is not the word the President would use.

It is the correct word.

Just not the word he would use.

He's throwing up his arms in exasperation.

He throws his arms up quite a bit.

Who exactly is he supposed to surrender to?

Does anyone here have a winning strategy that will get us out for good?

It's not my strategy that matters---WHAT IS OBAMAs ? Just let our troops sit and rot ?????

I have already said it. Go look up above. About Willow? She is not worth responding to in terms of discussion. She is a reactor, not anything to offer creative, you know. Just gets shrill and hysterical.

I am pretty sure that until Kharzai commits to a major anti-corruption campaign and demonstrates the resources that he will commit to it, we will continue to garrison Kabul and secure the surrounding geography. We may very well give up the northeast and the south.

To think that Bush could have wound it all up in 2002 but decided early on to waste resources on absolutely unnecessary (and immoral) invasion of Iraq.

I am pretty sure that until Kharzai commits to a major anti-corruption campaign and demonstrates the resources that he will commit to it, we will continue to garrison Kabul and secure the surrounding geography. We may very well give up the northeast and the south..

and when was this plan intitiated ?

What kind of strategy are out troops operating under---TODAY?
Try to stay alive until Obama makes up his mind.

Obama is making the mistake Hitler made (not a Godwin's violation here) - in that he is meddling in strategy without understanding it. Someone posted a link to the declassified parts of the strategy presented, and I read it. A bit jingoistic in places, but a sound underlying approach, one which might work. Obama thinks he knows better and is asking for another strategy, sending the not so subtle message "You know what I want to hear, I expect you to tell me exactly that"
Bad move, just like Hitler's meddling it will lead to disaster.

I have already said it. Go look up above. About Willow? She is not worth responding to in terms of discussion. She is a reactor, not anything to offer creative, you know. Just gets shrill and hysterical.

I am pretty sure that until Kharzai commits to a major anti-corruption campaign and demonstrates the resources that he will commit to it, we will continue to garrison Kabul and secure the surrounding geography. We may very well give up the northeast and the south.

To think that Bush could have wound it all up in 2002 but decided early on to waste resources on absolutely unnecessary (and immoral) invasion of Iraq.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What is Obama's strategy?

I'm pretty sure that's what he is trying to figure out.

Lord knows, the Republicans never had one. If all the Republicans that scream for war volenteered, it would have been over. 5 million troops will do that.

You ignoramus...now you're saying Viet Nam only had a population of 250,000 citizens in the 60's? :rofl:
the population was over 30,000,000!!!!!

Half as many people as Afghanistan.

Forum List

Back