Zone1 Broad-brush reparations to all blacks is unconstituional

For the 90th time, pointing out the anti-white racism on display when there are 20 advertising posters, and all 20 are pulled from 12% of the population, is not “freaking out seeing pictures of black people.” Everyone knows it is pointing out the extreme bias in favor of blacks, and your lies will not silence whites from objecting to this racism.

Actually, you looked absurd doing it. It's just a picture.

Now, I doubt all the posters were of black people, but you don't mention the name of the stores, or what they were selling, or any other details.

What a liar. Just because YOU haven’t heard it doesn’t mean it’s not happening. There was a Comgressional hearing about the antisemites like you screaming it on college campuses. The liberal presidents, of course, who like you would be the first to condemn calls to genocide blacks refused to condemn calls to genocide Jews.

Because calling for an end to the Apartheid Zionist Entity is not the same as calling for genocide of Jews, and you know it.

But if someone actually was calling for "Death to the Jews" on a college campus, you'd have no problem finding a link to a YouTube video of it happening.

How much in reparations should a millionaire "Black" descendant of Jamaican slave owners receive? :dunno:

It depends what the amount of reparations are meant to be.

When reparations were paid to Japanese-Americans to apologize for internment in WWII, it was a one-time payment of $20,000. Among people who got that payment was actor George Takei, who didn't really need it. (He gets $300,000 a year in royalties from his work on Star Trek) It was not a life-changing amount of money, but it was enough to say, "What was done to you was wrong and we apologize for it."

I'm personally on the fence on this issue. On one side, I really don't think you should get reparations for something that happened to someone you were related to. On the other hand, the joy of watching the heads of people like lisa and hector explode when these payments are made would be worth the price of admission.

It depends what the amount of reparations are meant to be.

When reparations were paid to Japanese-Americans to apologize for internment in WWII, it was a one-time payment of $20,000. Among people who got that payment was actor George Takei, who didn't really need it. (He gets $300,000 a year in royalties from his work on Star Trek) It was not a life-changing amount of money, but it was enough to say, "What was done to you was wrong and we apologize for it."

I'm personally on the fence on this issue. On one side, I really don't think you should get reparations for something that happened to someone you were related to. On the other hand, the joy of watching the heads of people like lisa and hector explode when these payments are made would be worth the price of admission.s
Really? Even if the "price of admissions" means thousands of tax dollars out of YOUR pocket?

I grew up at a time that women were not allowed to have many jobs available to men, that pregnant women were often not allowed to work for pay at any stage of pregnancy, etc. etc. And yes I was paid less than my male counterparts even though I worked just as hard and just as long hours and was just as productive. It was only when I was allowed to take jobs once available only to the guys that I earned as much or more than they did.

But I have managed to have a extremely eclectic, interesting, and rewarding career in my working years and I do not feel that anybody owes me anything.

I would be embarrassed and ashamed to ask the government or anybody else to compensate me for those years I had to make do with 'women's work and pay.' And yes. Any able bodied black person who had ability to educate himself/herself, learn a trade, and reach for the American dream should be ashamed to ask for reparations for injustices 60 years ago and should be embarrassed to accept such. Should feel insulted that it was offered actually.
So you are unable or unwilling to answer the questions I asked? Then I guess their BS worked on you huh?

As I previously indicated, many of the things that were done to the Black women in the movie "Hidden Figures" were legal at the time depicted under federal law but are now unlawful due to the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. An amendment to the act added gender as a protected class which is one of the reasons that more white women benefitted from affirmative action than Black people overall. The movie depicted
  1. Unequal pay for the work the "computers" (the Black women) did. Mrs. Johnson let the audience know that they were getting paid less when she stated to the character played by Kevin Cosner who was chewing her out about her daily restroom breaks "they don't pay us enough to afford a string of pearls" after a review of the dress code revealed that a simple string of pearls was allowable. That's why when Mrs. Johnson got married, the wedding gift from her manager of a string of pearls was significant.

2. Disparate treatment - the Black women being treated differently (less favorably) that the white women or in the case of Mary Jackson, the white male engineers:

Karl Zielinski: Mary, a person with an engineer's mind should be an engineer. You can't be a computer the rest of your life.
    Mary Jackson: Mr. Zielinski, I'm a negro woman. I'm not gonna entertain the impossible.
    Karl Zielinski: And I'm a Polish Jew whose parents died in a Nazi prison camp. Now I'm standing beneath a spaceship that's going to carry an astronaut to the stars. I think we can say we are living the impossible. Let me ask you, if you were a white male, would you wish to be an engineer?
    Mary Jackson: I wouldn't have to. I'd already be one.
    -- Mary Jackson

Also Dorothy Vaughan had been doing the work of a manager, but without a manager's title, recognition, and associated pay. Vaughan made sure that when the work she and the Black women she was basically supervising, started becoming computerized, she learned what was needed to know to make sure that she and her girls were invaluable to the company. She taught herself FORTRAN programming and taught the other women it as well. At the end of the movie you see some of the white women being introduced to Dorothy and being told that she could teach them what they needed to know and these women were warmly welcomed.

3. Disparate impact - that the impact or results of the company's policies and procedures disproportionately negatively impacted the Black female employees. Katherine Johnson having her written research contributions credited to her white male co-worker deprives her of her opportunities to advance within the company while bolstering opportunities for him. This is both disparate treatment and disparate impact. Having one's intellectual contributions stolen and credited to another person is actually considered theft of intellectual property in almost any other scenario.
These are just a few of the things I remember off the top of my head however, being a successful Black woman does not neutralize the bile of intentional racial discrimination and the corresponding hostility and sometimes violence that accompanies such a disposition.

Aside from the hostilities, these specific violations are quantifiable. A person can ascertain the difference between pay and opportunities for white males in the environment portrayed in Hidden Figures and come up with a dollar amount that this form of racial and gender discrimination caused.

So for someone who is white to come along and falsely try to claim that acknowledgement of these acts of discrimination by accepting recompense for it is shameful, is just another act of racism in an attempt to prevent Black people from receiving a small measure of compensation for the government sanctioned abuse towards members of the Black race. The beliefs and attitudes that resulted in a white supremacist society and all of the acts taken to prevent that system from being dismantled is what is truly shameful.

This mindset is as stupid of a strategy as someone who is too proud to accept unemployment compensation that they've earned through decades of work because they consider it a form of welfare.

If you believe that you were never entitled to equal pay for equal work or that it was right for you to be deprived of certain jobs you wanted due to your gender, then by all means, leave that money on table and continue feeling good about yourself.

I, for one, don't consider letting other people unlawfully screw me over as something good. At least not without a fight when possible. Have you never received notification that you're a member of a class action where due to the work of one person, it was discovered that a whole group of people were discriminated against or had their rights violated in some manner or another? If you've ever benefitted from a class action lawsuit in which you were a class member but didn't even have the knowledge that your rights were being violated in order to complain, how is that any different than reparations being received for something far much more egregious?

Lilly Ledbetter lost every single one of her lawsuits brought to try to address the unequal pay situation that she found herself a victim of. Yet her fight for equal pay for herself resulted in a law protecting equal rights for ALL women in the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009:

Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009​

On January 29, 2009, President Obama signed the first piece of legislation of his Administration: the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 ("Act"). This law overturned the Supreme Court's decision in Ledbetter v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., Inc., 550 U.S. 618 (2007), which severely restricted the time period for filing complaints of employment discrimination concerning compensation.​
The Act states the EEOC's longstanding position that each paycheck that contains discriminatory compensation is a separate violation regardless of when the discrimination began. The Ledbetter Act recognizes the "reality of wage discrimination" and restores "bedrock principles of American law." Particularly important for the victims of discrimination, the Act contains an explicit retroactivity provision.​
People challenging a wide variety of practices that resulted in discriminatory compensation can benefit from the Act's passage. These practices may include employer decisions about base pay or wages, job classifications, career ladder or other noncompetitive promotion denials, tenure denials, and failure to respond to requests for raises.​
Differences in pay that occur because of sex violate the EPA and/or Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. In addition, compensation differences based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, and/or retaliation also violate laws enforced by EEOC. For more information regarding equal wages because of any of these reasons, please call the EEOC at:​
1-800-669-4000

• Brilliant
Reactions: IM2
You are quite ignorant. My family didn’t get reparations for being Jewish! Only ONE person in my family, who survived the Holocaust DIRECTLY, got reparations. My grandmother didn’t receive a cent after her own mother, and sister, and four nieces and nephews were MURDERED for being Jewish, and that’s a hell of a lot worse than anything YOU havr ever suffered. My other grandmother lost her brother and his children, and she didn’t get a cent either.

These black activists have some crazy idea that Jews got reparations for being Jewish. They did not.

A Jewish moral call​

Some in the American Jewish community have long garnered support for reparations. In 2019, the Union for Reform Judaism passed a resolution in favor of reparations calling for a federal commission to “study and develop proposals for reparations to redress the historic and continuing effects of slavery” and “systemic” racism against Black Americans.​
Yolanda Savage-Narva is the director of racial equity, diversity and inclusion at the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, the part of the Union for Reform Judaism that focuses on advocacy and social justice work.​
“Our organization really understood that the call for the study of reparations was a Jewish moral call,” she told CNN. “There is an imperative around making sure that every party of our humanity is seen as equitable human beings and the call for reparations was a move for the reformed Jewish community to really put a stake in the ground.”​
Victims of the Holocaust within the Jewish community have received reparations and continue to collect annual pensions from the German and French governments.
Savage-Narva said she believes this adds to the support and shows the US that acknowledging and paying reparations is an important step in the healing process.​

• Informative
I’ve pointed that out before. My grandmother lost her mother, sister, brother-in-law, and four nieces and nephews, and never received a dime. Nor would she have thought she should.

And it is disgusting that these blacktivists try to compare blacks living up north who would have to sit in different train cars IF they went down South to the Jews who survived the horrors of the Holocaust and had their families, homes, and assets stolen from them,
Blackivist Lisa? So you're trying to paint us as Black extremists?

• Thanks
Obviously being an “activist” is not the same thing as being an “extremist”. Only an ignorant jerk would try to make that equivalence and believe it would pass as legitimate criticism.

Still not comparable to being almost starved to death in a concentration camp or hiding in the forest and then living with less than half your stomach the rest of your life.

ALSO, if I had a choice between having to ride in a separate train car or having my entire immediate family murdered by Hitler, I would choose the train car. The Jews who lost their entire families received no reparations, nor did they ask for any. That a black man who received a free college education and lived a great life as a result should get reparations because IF he went down south 70 years ago he was subjected to Jim Crowe is ridiculous.
Your fantasy scenarios of what Black people in America have or have not suffered is why you have no credibility.

We (the United States / Black Americans) had nothing to do with the suffering of your people, but because your people suffered you think that measures should be taken to ensure that suffering should continue to go on unaddressed and without recompense for Black Americans?

Bombing a church in which 4 little girls lost their lives due to the white supremacists in our country, who could crop up at anytime, anywhere and engage in such terrorists activities over a period of centuries, is not comparable to the suffering endured by your family members according to you.

It's never been a contest of who suffered more Lisa, but it's certainly glaringly obvious that you have no compassion for the suffering of others, particularly Black people so why all the angst when people accurately address you for what you are.

• Thanks
Obviously being an “activist” is not the same thing as being an “extremist”. Only an ignorant jerk would try to make that equivalence and believe it would pass as legitimate criticism.
Thanks. She looks to falsely accuse me every chance she gets.

There are at least 3 problems with the concept of paying "reparations" to Black Americans who were unaffected by slavery:

1. Paying reparations to individuals not affected by slavery is on it's face absurd.

2. How would you even determine which Black individuals were eligible? Ex. Should Kamala Harris, Jamaican descendant of slave owners, receive reparations?

3. Anyone who challenges the validity of reparations is immediately labeled a racist which is total nonsense and un-American.

Your fantasy scenarios of what Black people in America have or have not suffered is why you have no credibility.

We (the United States / Black Americans) had nothing to do with the suffering of your people, but because your people suffered you think that measures should be taken to ensure that suffering should continue to go on unaddressed and without recompense for Black Americans?

Bombing a church in which 4 little girls lost their lives due to the white supremacists in our country, who could crop up at anytime, anywhere and engage in such terrorists activities over a period of centuries, is not comparable to the suffering endured by your family members according to you.

It's never been a contest of who suffered more Lisa, but it's certainly glaringly obvious that you have no compassion for the suffering of others, particularly Black people so why all the angst when people accurately address you for what you are.
What’s glaringly obvious is that it is insulting to compare the horrors of surviving the Holocaust to unequal salaries, as a way of saying both are equally worthy of reparations.

As far as the 4 black girls who lost their lives in a church bombing, that’s horrific - but it doesn’t mean blacks should get repararions. It means there are isolated and HORRIBLE events due to racism.

The same applies to the 11 Jews who were murdered at the Pittsburg synagogue - also due to the actions of a white suoremacist. It is just as horrible, but all it shows is that there is antisemitism. It doesn’t mean Jews in America should get reparations.

You would be much better served if, before you went to bed tonight, you thought of three reasons you are grateful to have been born in America.

All the suffering ever endured by black people at the hands of white people in the US has long since been surpassed by the suffering black people inflict upon each other. Forget what happened 200 years ago, black people are slaughtering black people in record numbers everyday now. Is it a greater injustice that a little girl had a great great great grandfather who was a slave? Or that some thug shot that little girl’s mother for a couple of dollars?

Heck, every couple of days more black lives are ended through abortion than the KKK murdered in a hundred and fifty years. Stop blaming other people for your problems and take a lesson from Micheal Jackson.

Just curious….Foxfyer said the same thing I did, but took it even further - saying she thought blacks asking for reparations for something that happened 70 years ago would be EMBARRASSED for doing so. She also stated that Jim Crowe laws in many states were minimal, meaning blacks and whites couldn’t marry.
Oh so that's what the problem is, you have no idea what Jim Crow entailed nor do you seem to understand, racial discrimination, animosity and hostility didn't end with the passage of the Civil Rights laws, it's STILL GOING ON TODAY.

• Winner
Oh so that's what the problem is, you have no idea what Jim Crow entailed nor do you seem to understand, racial discrimination, animosity and hostility didn't end with the passage of the Civil Rights laws, it's STILL GOING ON TODAY.
So there was a case? I personally know two white people who successfully sued the government for promoting two much less qualified blacks over them.

Shit happens. The correct thing is to sue the offender. NOT reparations for everyone with the same skin color.

So there was a case? I personally know two white people who successfully sued the government for promoting two much less qualified blacks over them.

Shit happens. The correct thing is to sue the offender. NOT reparations for everyone with the same skin color.
So there is a case in 2023 not 70 years ago as you proclaimed.

And no it's not a "just a case", there are a multitude of them but I am not about to spend my time reposting the same information you're already aware of.

And it does not surprise me that you know of two white people whom have prevailed in an EEOC case. It's been documented that whites been more successful in bringing suit under the Civil RIghts Act of 1964 than Black people.

Forum List

Back