It's fun knowing the author of the OP made this thread and was serious....

Fun? Of course, I am serious considering the documentation I provided refutes Business Insider's notion that “...As granted by the 14th Amendment, which was ratified in 1868, anybody born in the United States is guaranteed citizenship..."

As stated in the Congressional Record when the 14th Amendments was framed and debated, we find:

The provision is, that “all persons born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens.” That means “subject to the complete jurisdiction thereof.” . . . “What do we mean by “subject to the jurisdiction of the United States?” Not owing allegiance to anybody else. That is what it means.” LINK 1st column halfway down.

Mr. Trumbull later [same page] emphasizes in crystal clear language that: “It cannot be said of any Indian who owes allegiance, partial allegiance if you please, to some other Government that he is “subject to the jurisdiction of the United States”

And how does a foreign national become "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States within the meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment, and under which birthright citizenship would apply to a babe born on American soil to said foreign national? By taking our nation's Oath of Allegiance.

See our Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.”

JWK

Why have a written constitution, approved by the people, if those who it is meant to control are free to make it mean whatever they wish it to mean?

Fun? Of course, I am serious considering the documentation I provided refutes Business Insider's notion that “...As granted by the 14th Amendment, which was ratified in 1868, anybody born in the United States is guaranteed citizenship..."

As stated in the Congressional Record when the 14th Amendments was framed and debated, we find:

The provision is, that “all persons born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens.” That means “subject to the complete jurisdiction thereof.” . . . “What do we mean by “subject to the jurisdiction of the United States?” Not owing allegiance to anybody else. That is what it means.” LINK 1st column halfway down.

Mr. Trumbull later [same page] emphasizes in crystal clear language that: “It cannot be said of any Indian who owes allegiance, partial allegiance if you please, to some other Government that he is “subject to the jurisdiction of the United States”

And how does a foreign national become "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States within the meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment, and under which birthright citizenship would apply to a babe born on American soil to said foreign national? By taking our nation's Oath of Allegiance.

See our Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.”

JWK

Why have a written constitution, approved by the people, if those who it is meant to control are free to make it mean whatever they wish it to mean?
Remember when trump claimed he was going to end birthright citizenship and then yall didn't hear shit else about it -- or even criticized him for doing nothing about it..

This is a serious question...do yall think policies is just about politicians hating the same people you hate? And as long as they say things that reinforces that hate, you are satisfied? Even when he doesn't ACTUAL do anything policy wise?

The thread is not about Trump. Your post has nothing to do with what you quoted from me HERE
The thread is about the idiocy of folks like you getting giddy over political stunts because you are too stupid to remember what happened the last time someone tried it..

No wonder these folks keep doing it...because they know morons like you only care about performance art....not actual policy making and damn sure anything that is constitutional....

Whining about reality doesn't change reality. Any child born in the US TODAY is in fact a US citizen whether you like it or not. YOU are a US citizen for the exact same reason. Don't like it? Tough shit. Write a letter to your congressman.

1688594308376.png

So now you resort to an old, tired and stupid debating trick. You cannot defend your assertion, so you resort to the old and tired switch and bait trick of "reality". The fact is, your notion that a child born to an illegal entrant foreign national while on American soil is a citizen upon birth, does not meet the legislative intent of the qualifier "...and subject to the jurisdiction thereof..." as found in the Fourteenth Amendment, and The U.S.S.C and those who wrote the 14th Amendment, disagree with you, as I have documented.

JWK

Those who reject abiding by the text of our Constitution, and the intentions and beliefs under which it was agree to, as documented from historical records ___ its framing and ratification debates which give context to its text ___ wish to remove the anchor and rudder of our constitutional system so they may then be free to “interpret” the Constitution to mean whatever they wish it to mean.

The fact is, your notion that a child born to an illegal entrant foreign national while on American soil is a citizen upon birth, ...

It's not my notion, it's the law according to the US Constitution. Write your congressman, petition the SC, or just STFU.

View attachment 801717

So now you resort to an old, tired and stupid debating trick. You cannot defend your assertion, so you resort to the old and tired switch and bait trick of "reality". The fact is, your notion that a child born to an illegal entrant foreign national while on American soil is a citizen upon birth, does not meet the legislative intent of the qualifier "...and subject to the jurisdiction thereof..." as found in the Fourteenth Amendment, and The U.S.S.C and those who wrote the 14th Amendment, disagree with you, as I have documented.

JWK

Those who reject abiding by the text of our Constitution, and the intentions and beliefs under which it was agree to, as documented from historical records ___ its framing and ratification debates which give context to its text ___ wish to remove the anchor and rudder of our constitutional system so they may then be free to “interpret” the Constitution to mean whatever they wish it to mean.
The Attraction of Submission

See how Uncle Kotex loves the feeling of empowerment he gets when he repeats his Masters' slogan "It's my way or the highway!"

Forum List

Back