Buying the college vote

If these idiots fall for this, they are stupid.

Today obama announced how he is going to save them all "a lot of money" on their Monthly payments.

So how much money? from 4.50 to 7.50 a month total.

Woot, talk about a wind fall.

Yes, the "one" is all for enslaving the college grads (those with loans) for under 10 dollars a month, and it sounds like a lot of them are willing to sign up. That will land them as gov't employees. Do you think they will be interested in providing "service" to the taxpayers?
So let me see if I have this straight.

A college degree that costs $212,000 will enslave the stupid student who is paying back all of it except for under $2,000 while costing the taxpayer almost a million dollars per student. :cuckoo:

October 27, 2011
RUSH: You know, Suzy Creamcheese gets into George Washington University and borrows from the government the requisite $212,000 to obtain an undergraduate degree

October 27, 2011
RUSH: These student loans are gonna end up costing the taxpayers anywhere between $800,000 and $900,000 per student.

October 27, 2011
RUSH: It's a farce. It's a total farce. It misleads and it deceives students, and it's gonna end up saving students $8. This is one of the biggest jokes to come down the pike in a long time, and I'm gonna set it straight. It's a convoluted, intricately woven web of deceit. But that's what I do here is make the complex understandable.

How many of these students will sign up for gov't jobs to have their loans "forgiven" after working for the gov't for 10 years (at a job that pays less than the private sector for their "education level")? If they pay the minimum for 10 years (paying at the pro-rated scale), and then don't have to pay the rest of it. They have put the taxpayer on the hook for a whole bunch of money. Now that they have worked for the gov't for 10 years, they are likely to stay with the gov't because their leave and benefits have built up, and if they stay for another 15 years, they will have a good retirement.

The gov't gets people that wouldn't pay their own way, and then saddle the taxpayer with their livelyhood and the cost of their education. The gov't gets a lifelong supporter of "big gov't". The student becomes a person that never knows freedom or life outside gov't employment, or what they "could have" done with their life.

Yes, the "one" is all for enslaving the college grads (those with loans) for under 10 dollars a month, and it sounds like a lot of them are willing to sign up. That will land them as gov't employees. Do you think they will be interested in providing "service" to the taxpayers?

A college degree that costs $212,000 will enslave the stupid student who is paying back all of it except for under $2,000 while costing the taxpayer almost a million dollars per student. :cuckoo:

October 27, 2011
RUSH: You know, Suzy Creamcheese gets into George Washington University and borrows from the government the requisite $212,000 to obtain an undergraduate degree

October 27, 2011
RUSH: These student loans are gonna end up costing the taxpayers anywhere between $800,000 and $900,000 per student.

October 27, 2011
RUSH: It's a farce. It's a total farce. It misleads and it deceives students, and it's gonna end up saving students $8. This is one of the biggest jokes to come down the pike in a long time, and I'm gonna set it straight. It's a convoluted, intricately woven web of deceit. But that's what I do here is make the complex understandable.

How many of these students will sign up for gov't jobs to have their loans "forgiven" after working for the gov't for 10 years (at a job that pays less than the private sector for their "education level")? If they pay the minimum for 10 years (paying at the pro-rated scale), and then don't have to pay the rest of it. They have put the taxpayer on the hook for a whole bunch of money. Now that they have worked for the gov't for 10 years, they are likely to stay with the gov't because their leave and benefits have built up, and if they stay for another 15 years, they will have a good retirement.

The gov't gets people that wouldn't pay their own way, and then saddle the taxpayer with their livelyhood and the cost of their education. The gov't gets a lifelong supporter of "big gov't". The student becomes a person that never knows freedom or life outside gov't employment, or what they "could have" done with their life.

Government employees accomplish a great deal in their lives. The work can be challenging and fulfilling. While the pay might not always contend with the priate sector, the level of responsibility, challenges and self satisfaction make it worth it in the long run

GeauxtoHell::

No one here is complaining about YOUR position in this program. You and the wife made good choices. As a result -- YOU and I will be subsidizing folks who didnt' make good choices. That's never good policy.. I don't care what side you're on...

As for salaries increasing over time.. That's never a guarantee. I went to school with people who looked FORWARD to driving a cab. And they were only there to skirt ANOTHER GOVT risk -- the last gasp of the military draft. We are now giving another incentive for "low expectations". Hell, the "public service" option will get ya a reasonable salary and benefits for 10 years of service AND the student loan goes away.. RUN UP THAT LOAN TAB?????

Of course.... Why put any of YOUR money at risk? It's an evil side effect of this kind of incentive.

Betcha when you were walking the campus -- you never thought you'd be paying 4 or 8 times more on your loan than 1/2 those other students with loans -- did ya??

Most people made good decisions. It's statistical fact that going to college raising your average income. Most people aren't going to string out their loans for 20 years. If they do, they are either in a shitty situation or fiscally retarded. It's not a benefit to them. It's more akin to the lender enacting the "slaughter" rule. Do you really think if you can't cover $150K in 20 years you will be able to afford a house, a car, a 401K? I suspect very few people are going to reach that 20 year mark.

The civil service/10 year thing is just good policy. It's analogous to ROTC. No one bitches about ROTC. I mean, I got almost $130K in loans covered by the government. After that, I served for four years on active and four in the reserves. How is it any different? Because military service is viewed in a better light by you guys then being a public defender or a social worker? Those people serve too.

As far as what you colleagues did to evade the draft, that's a little different situation. People go to college now to try and get ahead.

As for me, I'll never be bitter about my tax dollars going to education. It's a good investment. It's a damn sight better then engaging in some stupid fucking war. How much money did we dump down the shitter to turn Iraq into "Democracy" that now won't give our soldiers amnesty to stay there. They are super grateful for everything we've done for them. You can tell.

Investing in education raises the value of our country and raises the tax base. So I don't care that there will be some bad actors. There always are. Most people are acting in good faith and trying to do something with their lives. For those exceptional kids who work 15 jobs to put themselves through school, it's not like they are getting screwed either. They leave college with a degree and no debt.

It all settles out in the end. Either way, the government is going to get theirs, and you all should know it.

And, yes, I have paid income taxes too.

If these idiots fall for this, they are stupid.

Today obama announced how he is going to save them all "a lot of money" on their Monthly payments.

So how much money? from 4.50 to 7.50 a month total.

Woot, talk about a wind fall.

October 27, 2011

October 27, 2011

October 27, 2011

Susie Creamcheese? I guess that makes Limbaugh "Rusty Dickcheese".

Everyone should follow Limbaugh's example and drop out of college and become a professional blow hard.

Meanwhile, back in the real-fucking-world, people are trying to get on with their lives.

I gotta say though, from a purely political standpoint, taking an adversarial position against students trying to obtain college degrees is really going to help conservatives gain votes in the long run.

It's almost like they are playing right into Obama's hand.

October 27, 2011

October 27, 2011

October 27, 2011

So, like your MessiahRushie, you are claiming that the stupid enslaved students will save less than $10 per month over 10 or 20 years and at the same time will save so much money that the taxpayers will be on the hook for the "whole bunch of money" the stupid students saved.

CON$ are the most brilliant people on Earth! :cuckoo:

October 27, 2011

October 27, 2011

October 27, 2011

So, like your MessiahRushie, you are claiming that the stupid enslaved students will save less than $10 per month over 10 or 20 years and at the same time will save so much money that the taxpayers will be on the hook for the "whole bunch of money" the stupid students saved.

Don't care what RUsh says.. Perhaps he never look at the payment chart I posted earlier in this thread. You're lucky he's WRONG about what gettin' handed out here. If he was INFORMED, this program would have gotten scrutiny MUCH earlier. Perhaps in time to modify it to something that's NOT packed with perverse incentives -- like having more kids or choosing a major that simply won't pay the bills.

I don't KNOW where the 6 or $8 savings a month comes from.. If it comes from Rush -- he's wrong..

Go back to the payment chart at:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4329192-post66.html

It doesn't MATTER what the loan amount is.. The PAYMENTS are capped by that table. Based I guess on percent of salary or some progressive scale. (So run up that loan tab kids -- it won't change your payments unless you're planning on making a LOT of bucks)

So for ANY loan amount some folks are paying HUNDREDS of dollars more a month than others. And MOST people (earning under about $60K/yr) therefore are paying FAR LESS per month than if this was a conventional loan... By HUNDREDS of dollars --- not a token number like $8/month.

Except for folks like GeauxtoHell who expect to be paying it back along the conventional lines because HE is not a charity case. For all I know -- a person making more than $60K may be paying faster than they would need to on conventional loan terms.

It's a new world in Obamaland.. Loans are really not loans. Get your "doublespeak" translators out...

Don't care what RUsh says.. Perhaps he never look at the payment chart I posted earlier in this thread. You're lucky he's WRONG about what gettin' handed out here. If he was INFORMED, this program would have gotten scrutiny MUCH earlier. Perhaps in time to modify it to something that's NOT packed with perverse incentives -- like having more kids or choosing a major that simply won't pay the bills.
You have to excuse Edith...He has this thing about sniffing around el-Rushbo's crotch...he's frankly obscessed.

Right now, graduates enrolled in the federal government’s student loan Income-Based Repayment Plan make monthly payments of 15 percent of their discretionary income — and all debt is forgiven after 25 years. Congress has already passed a law to change that program to require students to make payments of just 10 percent of their monthly discretionary income — and to forgive the loan after just 20 years. That law will take effect in 2014 — unless Obama has his way. The president would like to promote the start date to 2012. Hmm. What else happens in 2012?

Obama’s politically-motivated plan to help college students repay their loans « Hot Air

10% of DISCRETIONARY income; then 20 years - bye bye.

Discretionary income is money you have after you've paid off all of your bills. Discretionary income is income after subtracting taxes and normal expenses (such as rent or mortgage, utilities, insurance, medical, transportation, property maintenance, child support, inflation, food and sundries, &c.) to maintain a certain standard of living.[5] It is the amount of an individual's income available for spending after the essentials (such as food, clothing, and shelter) have been taken care of:

Let's say, Johnny owes 120K and gets a decent job making 40K.

How much will he screw the taxpayers for?

Can someone help me with the math?
The only way this shit is ever going to cease is that Government should GET OUT of the Loan Business...ever wonder why tutions are so high? Colleges know the Government is involved...and will PAY IT. (Taxpayers be damned).

My post was not directed to you, but to the CON$ who claim that students who graduate from college with a degree are so stupid that they allow their votes to be bought for less than $10 per month.

Stuttering LimpTard got it from GOP shills FOX, where else. Then the CON$ervative echo chamber parrots it endlessly.

But the main point I want to make is, the people who call college graduates stupid can't see any contradiction when their programmers accuse the students of being too stupid to see they have been duped for a less than $10 per month reduction on what they have to pay back on their loans, but at the same time in the same rant the same CON$ swallow that the taxpayer will be stuck paying $800,000 to $900,000 per student on a degree that costs $212,000.

My point is the gullibility required to be a CON$ervative, as well as the arrogantly condescending attitude they have towards anyone who isn't stupid enough to swallow the obvious bullshit they eagerly eat up. It doesn't matter how obvious the bullshit is, they will shamelessly parrot in public whatever crap is fed to them by GOP hate media.

I don't know whose math is right or wrong on this, and I don't know that much about Student loans and the various programs, but I do know that having the taxpayers pay for an excused loan of any size is simply wrong.............

My post was not directed to you, but to the CON$ who claim that students who graduate from college with a degree are so stupid that they allow their votes to be bought for less than $10 per month.

Stuttering LimpTard got it from GOP shills FOX, where else. Then the CON$ervative echo chamber parrots it endlessly.

But the main point I want to make is, the people who call college graduates stupid can't see any contradiction when their programmers accuse the students of being too stupid to see they have been duped for a less than $10 per month reduction on what they have to pay back on their loans, but at the same time in the same rant the same CON$ swallow that the taxpayer will be stuck paying $800,000 to $900,000 per student on a degree that costs $212,000.

My point is the gullibility required to be a CON$ervative, as well as the arrogantly condescending attitude they have towards anyone who isn't stupid enough to swallow the obvious bullshit they eagerly eat up. It doesn't matter how obvious the bullshit is, they will shamelessly parrot in public whatever crap is fed to them by GOP hate media.

Reading your sig... you're a bit obsessed with Limbaugh huh?

:eusa_drool:

I don't know whose math is right or wrong on this, and I don't know that much about Student loans and the various programs, but I do know that having the taxpayers pay for an excused loan of any size is simply wrong.............

This admin seems quite enamored of rewarding bad behavior as well as encouraging it.

Oh I know Ed.. CON$ are stupid. LibTards are stupid. Students are stupid.

Ya know whats' REALLY REALLY STUPID???
The fact that you don't get the sarcasm of that harmless little fuzzball -El Rushbo.. As in .....

"""Don't doubt me. I say it, you believe it. That's the rule here. Rush Limbaugh""" in your signature..

When Steven Colbert does the same kind of sarcasm --- do you get that?? Or do you parse everything HE says literally as well..

""I post with 1/2 my brain tied behind my back"" ---- FlaCalTenn

((What makes me think you're gonna ask -- Who is Steven Colbert?))

This admin seems quite enamored of rewarding bad behavior as well as encouraging it.
He is engaging his true qualifications...Professional Community Organizer...Shit disturber.

Oh I know Ed.. CON$ are stupid. LibTards are stupid. Students are stupid.

Ya know whats' REALLY REALLY STUPID???
The fact that you don't get the sarcasm of that harmless little fuzzball -El Rushbo.. As in .....

"""Don't doubt me. I say it, you believe it. That's the rule here. Rush Limbaugh""" in your signature..

When Steven Colbert does the same kind of sarcasm --- do you get that?? Or do you parse everything HE says literally as well..

""I post with 1/2 my brain tied behind my back"" ---- FlaCalTenn

((What makes me think you're gonna ask -- Who is Steven Colbert?))
Every time your MessiahRushie gets caught with his foot in his mouth, CON$ are programmed to say it's "out of context," "sarcasm," or "satire." He was dead serious with all three of these claims in the same rant.
Deal with it!

October 27, 2011

October 27, 2011

October 27, 2011

Pure Rush/Pubcrappe. Public college costs DOUBLED just under W BOOOSH, and the private loans he pushed added MORE cost. Rush Limbaugh is a big fat druggie, bought off idiot, and his dittoheads are bad citizens out of pure angry ignorance....

EdtheCynic::

October 27, 2011

And what pray tell is the problem with this? Other than I doubt ANYONE gets to qualify for 100% of their College costs in loans..

The problem is it's an incredible waste of cash to waste on an Undergrad degree. But daddy and mommy wanted that GeorgeWash logo on the Christmas cards this year -- So Suzy becomes debt whore for the rest of her life..

College has gotten expensive because status OBSESSED parents are pushing their kids into overpriced schools for a mere BA or BS degree. As long as GeorgeWash and Vanderbilt have a long waiting list -- costs are gonna be higher..

Forum List

Back