By far easiest way to make economy grow:

Conditions for job safety didn't come around until AFTER those 146 people had died .

dear stupid!! accidents do make people more careful!! Is that a surprise to a liberal?

Was it an "accident" that those workers were locked in their workspace by the supervisors when the fire happened? The workers shouldn't have been locked in their workcenter in the first place. And, the conditions didn't change until a union was formed to force the owners for better working conditions. Nothing was said about government intervention.

because of the fire that the garment workers union was formed.

1000000% stupid and libera!! if a union or govt creates the fire code competition stops and the danger increases.

1+1=2

do you have the IQ to understand?

I guess you don't have the IQ to understand history or how the unions were formed and why the workers saw a need for them. But, keep on with your ignorance of history if it makes you happy. BTW, there is no such thing as 1000000 percent. The most you can have mathematically is 100 percent.

of poor working conditions that unions were formed

poor is relative dummy!! You could impose American working conditions and building standards on Bangledesh, the industry would go bankrupt, and the workers would go back to staving to death. Only capitalism causes improvements in jobs and products!!

of poor working conditions that unions were formed

poor is relative dummy!! You could impose American working conditions and building standards on Bangledesh, the industry would go bankrupt, and the workers would go back to staving to death. Only capitalism causes improvements in jobs and products!!

If you actually read or understood any history, you would know that the working conditions in the late 1800's, early 1900's were pretty dismal before the unions came along. But, if you support locking workers in their workspace and employing children as young as 5 to work 12 hour days, keep right on with your stuff. You hate workers and kids, good to know.

BTW, cherry picking single sentences isn't going to do you much good you know, people are going to be able to read my whole posts.

. And, the conditions didn't change until a union was formed

10000% stupid and liberal!! the liberal is saying that products and jobs will only get better when govt sets the standard for products and jobs. How did that work out in the USSR when govt standards replaced competiton??

1000000% stupid and libera!! if a union or govt creates the fire code competition stops and the danger increases.

1+1=2

I guess you don't have the IQ to understand history or how the unions were formed and why the workers saw a need for them. But, keep on with your ignorance of history if it makes you happy. BTW, there is no such thing as 1000000 percent. The most you can have mathematically is 100 percent.

Unions did have their place long ago. But that time is long over and we haven't had a need for unions in the last 30 years or so.

Unions were on the path to bankrupting businesses which is why you don't see many unions today. Now they are bankrupting states with ridiculous benefits for state workers and there is little we can do about it.

Eventually, the people that unions set up to help ended up getting hurt the most. The combination of unions and government chased so many jobs out of the country that we will never experience a great economy again. Yet the few unions that are left keep pushing for higher wages while government keeps pushing for more regulation.

the working conditions in the late 1800's, early 1900's were pretty disma.

dear too stupid they are pretty dismal everywhere even today. Do you want to impose American standards on Bangladesh and force the people back into en masse starvation??

1+1=2

Unions did have their place long ago. But that time is long over and we haven't had a need for unions in the last 30 years or so.

Unions were on the path to bankrupting businesses which is why you don't see many unions today. Now they are bankrupting states with ridiculous benefits for state workers and there is little we can do about it.

Eventually, the people that unions set up to help ended up getting hurt the most. The combination of unions and government chased so many jobs out of the country that we will never experience a great economy again. Yet the few unions that are left keep pushing for higher wages while government keeps pushing for more regulation.

You opinion may be valid for the ever popular South Dakota, but there are areas in the US where being replaced by the Global Labor Pool is all too easy.

Unions did have their place long ago.

not really they always had the same destructive effect!! Interestingly, when unions formed, working conditions were deplorable thanks to general poverty but in large part because it was an era when we had virtually unlimited European immigration. Thus the supply of labor was always growing and wages were always flat and sometimes down!! Something like today where liberals need the vote so let everybody come in.

If you get rid of the government and unions and unleash the capitalists, you'll be working slave wages like the 19th century again.

The Middle Class was created by government and unions, not the Market God.

False. It was very much the free market that started the unions. The government didn't corral people to start striking and rise up. They did that on their own. Politicians only got involved once they realized it was a growing movement and could benefit politically from it.

The only way that the free market started the unions is because those at the top pissed off the workers by putting them in dangerous working conditions, low wages, and long hours, as well as child labor. It was because of those conditions that the workers decided to band together to force better working conditions.

I don't disagree

being replaced by the Global Labor Pool is all too easy.

so the liberal wants every person city state country to ban trade so we have to make everything ourselves! I wonder what kind of cars Maine will make or what cars they will make in Bangor??

If you get rid of the government and unions and unleash the capitalists, you'll be working slave wages like the 19th century again.

The Middle Class was created by government and unions, not the Market God.

False. It was very much the free market that started the unions. The government didn't corral people to start striking and rise up. They did that on their own. Politicians only got involved once they realized it was a growing movement and could benefit politically from it.

The only way that the free market started the unions is because those at the top pissed off the workers by putting them in dangerous working conditions, low wages, and long hours, as well as child labor. It was because of those conditions that the workers decided to band together to force better working conditions.

I don't disagree

you should disagree. Competition improves jobs and products at the fastest possible rates, unions slow down the process.

1+1=2

You opinion may be valid for the ever popular South Dakota, but there are areas in the US where being replaced by the Global Labor Pool is all too easy.

That's everywhere. What can unions do to stop that? Even Democrats will throw their own under the bus if it means they can find a stronger and larger voting base somewhere else. Who do these foreigners (legal or illegal) hurt the most? They hurt the black community which is the strongest Democrat base they have. Yet Obama and the Democrats don't want to build a huge wall, they want to build a huge Welcome mat for our borders.

That's everywhere. What can unions do to stop that? .

liberals would have unions petition the govt to ban foreign trade so we'd have to make everything here and thus have full employment! Of course, next, the CA unions would petition their govt to ban trade with NY so CA would have full employment!

being replaced by the Global Labor Pool is all too easy.

so the liberal wants every person city state country to ban trade so we have to make everything ourselves! I wonder what kind of cars Maine will make or what cars they will make in Bangor??

That's a good point. The only reason American cars are as good as they are today is because of the Japanese invasion. The non-union Japanese built a much better vehicle for the money.

I still drive a Toyota. I don't trust American made cars. I've made dozens of deliveries to automotive plants throughout the years. I've seen the lazy care-about-nothing attitude union workers have. When I tell my friends or neighbors about some of my experiences I've had with these companies, they think I'm making the whole thing up.

Forum List

Back