Call your Senators. KILL THIS FUCKING BILL

It's not impossible to just repeal it. The GOP just doesn't have the courage to do what needs to be done.

Kill obamacare in its entirety and address the problem areas with individual bills as needed.
It's more complicated than that at this point, Grampa. Just ask the President. The regulations required by Obamacare have changed the entire face of the healthcare industry. Simply taking it away isn't automatically returning to 1998. It will take years, according to those I've heard discuss it. Now, they could be lying, but the breadth and depth of the Obamacare legislation would argue that they are right. It would fill a room, it's so gigantic. And states administering Medicaid have adjusted to accomodate it, as well.
You're f*ckd.

I'm only seeing 2 ways out of this mess:

1. Block grant federal money to the states based on some formula of population and other factors and let them develop their own solutions. Get rid of the federal regulations as much as possible, but I would allow insurance companies to sell their products across state lines as that would/should increase competition.

2. Or create a health care commission and give 'em 6 months to come up with a plan only this time I'd require a vote on the commission's recommendations without any changes. I think we gotta depoliticize this thing and the only way I see to do it is this or idea #1.

It does not solve the mess Obama created. All it does is transfer ownership to them.

Beyond stupid. KILL IT
Too late. Aetna's pulling out. A few states have no insurer next year. Something has to happen and healthcare has become so fouled up by Obamacare that it is impossible to simply repeal it and walk away. Or so they say.

Blame it on the GOP propaganda machine, oh Aetna is pulling out again. If they keep the ACA, they will all go back in and will fight for territory.
Really? That is why they pulled out, because they anticipated the ACA would be repealed? You have a link to that?

That and this:
U.S. judge finds that Aetna deceived the public about its reasons for quitting Obamacare

And yes I would say most insurers indep of HMO's are leery of what is going to happen, same as the people are. They are walking a tightrope.

It does not solve the mess Obama created. All it does is transfer ownership to them.

Beyond stupid. KILL IT

I can't get over all these fortune tellers on the board. No one knows what the final bill will look like. It will be amended in the senate and the go to a conference committee, only then will there be anything to judge.

When it comes out of the Senate it will not get the support of the house. Too many moderates to make this bill acceptable.

Then it will die all by itself, won't it?

That's what I don't understand all this grandstanding, it will die by its self.

Too late. Aetna's pulling out. A few states have no insurer next year. Something has to happen and healthcare has become so fouled up by Obamacare that it is impossible to simply repeal it and walk away. Or so they say.

Excellent points....and I find it amazing how Democrats can declare the ACA is not collapsing while, as you pointed out, Insurers are pulling out, leaving Americans with no insurers / health insurance.
Now the GOP is stuck with undoing their own sabotage :laugh:

Beyond stupid. KILL IT

Blame it on the GOP propaganda machine, oh Aetna is pulling out again. If they keep the ACA, they will all go back in and will fight for territory.
Aetna was pulling out, like many other insurers have, because of the ACA, not based on any promises the GOP made.

the insurance companies are pulling out because of the poison pill marco rubio inserted with the omnibus spending bill. he quietly put it in that took away the payments due the insurance carriers for the sickest of the sick they were willing to take on. called 'high risk corridors'. tens of billions of dollars were promised. why do you think they were happy as pigs in shit to sign on when all this was being hashed out? they got stiffed & started losing their profits after mandated to spend 80-85% of premiums directly on healthcare. oh & say ba-bye to that little protection with this POS plan the house is trying to push.

Beyond stupid. KILL IT

I blame on people like you.

Beyond stupid. KILL IT

Aetna was pulling out, like many other insurers have, because of the ACA, not based on any promises the GOP made.

the insurance companies are pulling out because of the poison pill marco rubio inserted with the omnibus spending bill. he quietly put it in that took away the payments due the insurance carriers for the sickest of the sick they were willing to take on. called 'high risk corridors'. tens of billions of dollars were promised. why do you think they were happy as pigs in shit to sign on when all this was being hashed out? they got stiffed & started losing their profits after mandated to spend 80-85% of premiums directly on healthcare. oh & say ba-bye to that little protection with this POS plan the house is trying to push.
Golly, you must be an insider!

Beyond stupid. KILL IT
The problem is, we need health care, and Washington gave us "insurance", ALWAYS a scam. "Insurance" only means that instead of going to a doctor, receiving care, and paying for it like we pay for anything else, we go to a doctor, receive care, give a lot of money to something called "insurance company", and then they some of that money and pay the doctor.

Get the insurance companies out of the picture, and we're a big step toward solving the mess. But they have a fucking army here on K St

Beyond stupid. KILL IT

Wrong.

Pre existing condition coverage ensured the collapse of this system.

wrong. being stiffed on payments due courtesy of marco rubio ensured it.

Beyond stupid. KILL IT

Golly, you must be an insider!

no dippy, i read & do research & inform myself. unlike poorly educated mookies like yourself that your orange overlord loves.

Beyond stupid. KILL IT
The problem is, we need health care, and Washington gave us "insurance", ALWAYS a scam. "Insurance" only means that instead of going to a doctor, receiving care, and paying for it like we pay for anything else, we go to a doctor, receive care, give a lot of money to something called "insurance company", and then they some of that money and pay the doctor.

Get the insurance companies out of the picture, and we're a big step toward solving the mess. But they have a fucking army here on K St
Truth.

Next time you get a referral for something offer to pay cash for it. Ask for a price.

Last time I had to goto an er for a broken bone I tried the above. Not only could they not give me a price, they wouldn't take a payment for services rendered.

Excellent points....and I find it amazing how Democrats can declare the ACA is not collapsing while, as you pointed out, Insurers are pulling out, leaving Americans with no insurers / health insurance.
Now the GOP is stuck with undoing their own sabotage :laugh:

doubling down on that pathetic photo op yesterday. i hear they drank nasty piss beer to 'celebrate'. sounds about right.

Last edited:

Beyond stupid. KILL IT

Wrong.

They have been dropping out since well before that bill. But you keep telling yourself that so your false narrative makes sense in your head.

The longer the Senate takes, the worse FairyCare will get.....you prog shitheads have no idea what's coming at you unless it's repealed and replaced....no idea.

Beyond stupid. KILL IT

Wrong.

They have been dropping out since well before that bill. But you keep telling yourself that so your false narrative makes sense in your head.

they also went off the exchange so they can charge more for the same bennies. that's where your expanded networks were. sure you can keep your doctor.... off the exchange..... for a lot more cash out of pocket. they do like their profits.

Beyond stupid. KILL IT
It is not perfect but it does pretty much clear up the mess Obamacare made by transferring to the states the power to shape much of healthcare to suit the voters in each state.

Beyond stupid. KILL IT
We agree in that Americans need to call their Senators and inform them to KILL. THIS. EFFIN'. BILL!

3gduo.jpg

Several rep senator's have already said they have their own. This bill is going nowhere.

thank goodness i live in a blue state. the protections that the ACA provided will stay intact.

Wrong.

they also went off the exchange so they can charge more for the same bennies. that's where your expanded networks were. sure you can keep your doctor.... off the exchange..... for a lot more cash out of pocket. they do like their profits.

Wrong off and on exchange same price without subsidy and same bennies unless you qualified for cost share reductions in a silver plan.

Forum List

Back