Call your Senators. KILL THIS FUCKING BILL

The point is moot. Republicans are gnashing their teeth and parading like peacocks, slapping each other on the back and in the face, tripping each other and helping each other up, stealing baby's lollipops and then kissing them.

The loud town halls the last few months had their effect, Republicans know the final score. Human beings need to see doctors, have surgeries, and get medicine. And if you can't afford any of that and there was finally some help and you could, and then some group of trolls under a bridge wanted to throw you back under the bus you are going to be pissed as hell at them. And since we're talking about tens of millions of people that is enough election changing votes that the Republicans HAVE to take it into consideration.

So they, while still wanting to step on the neck of the poor, put together a frankenstein bill that pretends to do good things but just punts the football to the states to have them do the dirty work of dumping millions off of health coverage.

Single-payer will become reality the moment Democrats are in power again. The stage is now set and the ocean liner cannot be turned from it's course.

By the way Republicans are doing this at the exact same moment they are giving the wealthiest Americans a trillion dollar tax cut.

Just like Jesus would do.

Last edited:
The point is moot. Republicans are gnashing their teeth and parading like peacocks, slapping each other on the back and in the face, tripping each other and helping each other up, stealing baby's lollipops and then kissing them.

The loud town halls the last few months had their effect, Republicans know the final score. Human beings need to see doctors, have surgeries, and get medicine. And if you can't afford any of that and there was finally some help and you could, and then some group of trolls under a bridge wanted to throw you back under the bus you are going to be pissed as hell at them. And since we're talking about tens of millions of people that is enough election changing votes that the Republicans HAVE to take it into consideration.

So they, while still wanting to step on the neck of the poor, put together a frankenstein bill that pretends to do good things but just punts the football to the states to have them do the dirty work of dumping millions off of health coverage.

By the way they are doing this at the exact same moment they are giving the wealthiest Americans a trillion dollar tax cut.

If by a slim chance this is past it also will lessen Medicare funding, it abolishes the Medicare tax high income earner's are paying. Therefore giving them ammunition to gut it.

It's not impossible to just repeal it. The GOP just doesn't have the courage to do what needs to be done.

Kill obamacare in its entirety and address the problem areas with individual bills as needed.
It's more complicated than that at this point, Grampa. Just ask the President. The regulations required by Obamacare have changed the entire face of the healthcare industry. Simply taking it away isn't automatically returning to 1998. It will take years, according to those I've heard discuss it. Now, they could be lying, but the breadth and depth of the Obamacare legislation would argue that they are right. It would fill a room, it's so gigantic. And states administering Medicaid have adjusted to accomodate it, as well.
You're f*ckd.

I'm only seeing 2 ways out of this mess:

1. Block grant federal money to the states based on some formula of population and other factors and let them develop their own solutions. Get rid of the federal regulations as much as possible, but I would allow insurance companies to sell their products across state lines as that would/should increase competition.

2. Or create a health care commission and give 'em 6 months to come up with a plan only this time I'd require a vote on the commission's recommendations without any changes. I think we gotta depoliticize this thing and the only way I see to do it is this or idea #1.
While your ideas have some merit....

Washington called and indicated it wished to go with option #3

3. Stick to the SOP; line our own pockets, line the pockets of our cronies, create new problems, make existing problems worse, blame the other party. :cool:

Celia Kirby:"Don't tell me you're actually developing a conscience."
Thomas Jefferson Johnson: "God I hope not, it's gonna be a fuckin' nuisance in Congress." -- The Distinguished Gentleman

The loud town halls the last few months had their effect, Republicans know the final score.

The Soros-paid shitheads disrupting townhalls have hardened the GOP to CRUSHING you.....the Reps know those dirtbags are bused in and don't vote in their districts. Keep it up....it's working....for us. :lol:

It does not solve the mess Obama created. All it does is transfer ownership to them.

Beyond stupid. KILL IT
Too late. Aetna's pulling out. A few states have no insurer next year. Something has to happen and healthcare has become so fouled up by Obamacare that it is impossible to simply repeal it and walk away. Or so they say.

Now why don't you tell them where Aetna is pulling out of instead of making this blanket statement?
I don't know. I heard it mentioned on the news. Was I on Fox? Mighta been. I flip back and forth when I get home from work.

Blame it on the GOP propaganda machine, oh Aetna is pulling out again. If they keep the ACA, they will all go back in and will fight for territory.
Wrong.

Pre existing condition coverage ensured the collapse of this system.

wrong. being stiffed on payments due courtesy of marco rubio ensured it.
They have been dropping out since well before that bill. But you keep telling yourself that so your false narrative makes sense in your head.

they also went off the exchange so they can charge more for the same bennies. that's where your expanded networks were. sure you can keep your doctor.... off the exchange..... for a lot more cash out of pocket. they do like their profits.

Wrong off and on exchange same price without subsidy and same bennies unless you qualified for cost share reductions in a silver plan.

right.. you don't get any subsidies off the exchange. that is in effect -charging you more.

Last edited:
It's not impossible to just repeal it. The GOP just doesn't have the courage to do what needs to be done.

Kill obamacare in its entirety and address the problem areas with individual bills as needed.
It's more complicated than that at this point, Grampa. Just ask the President. The regulations required by Obamacare have changed the entire face of the healthcare industry. Simply taking it away isn't automatically returning to 1998. It will take years, according to those I've heard discuss it. Now, they could be lying, but the breadth and depth of the Obamacare legislation would argue that they are right. It would fill a room, it's so gigantic. And states administering Medicaid have adjusted to accomodate it, as well.
You're f*ckd.

1. Block grant federal money to the states based on some formula of population and other factors and let them develop their own solutions. Get rid of the federal regulations as much as possible, but I would allow insurance companies to sell their products across state lines as that would/should increase competition.

2. Or create a health care commission and give 'em 6 months to come up with a plan only this time I'd require a vote on the commission's recommendations without any changes. I think we gotta depoliticize this thing and the only way I see to do it is this or idea #1.

3. Stick to the SOP; line our own pockets, line the pockets of our cronies, create new problems, make existing problems worse, blame the other party. :cool:

Thomas Jefferson Johnson: "God I hope not, it's gonna be a fuckin' nuisance in Congress." -- The Distinguished Gentleman

Sadly, you are probably right. Blaming the other party and getting yourself re-elected is a higher priority than doing what is in the best interests of the country.

It does not solve the mess Obama created. All it does is transfer ownership to them.

Beyond stupid. KILL IT
Too late. Aetna's pulling out. A few states have no insurer next year. Something has to happen and healthcare has become so fouled up by Obamacare that it is impossible to simply repeal it and walk away. Or so they say.

Now why don't you tell them where Aetna is pulling out of instead of making this blanket statement?
I don't know. I heard it mentioned on the news. Was I on Fox? Mighta been. I flip back and forth when I get home from work.

Well there ya go then, it was Virginia. But could be other's down the road.

You're f*ckd.

Sounds reasonable as far as I understand it, which isn't far. Insisting on a depoliticized vote sounds good, at any rate.

Best thing that can happen is letting Obamacare collapse. Dems will feel the heat to FIX what they fucked up and GOP will feel the heat to stop fucking around since they are the majority in congress AND WH.

You're f*ckd.

Sadly, you are probably right. Blaming the other party and getting yourself re-elected is a higher priority than doing what is in the best interests of the country.

Doesn't it work that way in this country? Every damn time.

Single-payer will become reality the moment Democrats are in power again. The stage is now set and the ocean liner cannot be turned form it's course.

By the way Republicans are doing this at the exact same moment they are giving the wealthiest Americans a trillion dollar tax cut.

:clap:

Beyond stupid. KILL IT

I can't get over all these fortune tellers on the board. No one knows what the final bill will look like. It will be amended in the senate and the go to a conference committee, only then will there be anything to judge.

When it comes out of the Senate it will not get the support of the house. Too many moderates to make this bill acceptable.

Then it will die all by itself, won't it?

Possibly. But that is a risk not worth gambling with.

At this point it's kind of like criticizing an omelet because you didn't like the way the person broke the first egg. You don't have enough information to know what the final product will look like. You also have to realize there are only certain topics that can be addressed though reconciliation. They have to be budget related, believe it or not maobamacare wasn't passed in one bill and you won't kill it with just one.

Best thing that can happen is letting Obamacare collapse. Dems will feel the heat to FIX what they fucked up and GOP will feel the heat to stop fucking around since they are the majority in congress AND WH.

Yesterday was "fucking around"? that's hilarious. :funnyface:

The loud town halls the last few months had their effect, Republicans know the final score.

The Soros-paid shitheads disrupting townhalls have hardened the GOP to CRUSHING you.....the Reps know those dirtbags are bused in and don't vote in their districts. Keep it up....it's working....for us. :lol:

Of course that is not true, people like health insurance so they can get health care.

Forum List

Back