Can Trump's Administration be relied upon to tell the truth even when it's not favorable to them?

No,

Trump is a snake and a liar! I wouldn't be surprised if he was satan himself and he will lie and lie to get his way.
Every administration spins and lies so as to look as good as possible to the public

have you people lived under a fucking rock your entire lives that you don't know this yet?

It's one thing to "spin" debatable concepts. It's wholly another to misrepresent objectively ascertained facts.
  • Whether tax cuts for the wealthy actually benefit the entire population and to what extent they do/don't is debatable The weightings one assigns to the factors used on calculating the impact can be argued ad nauseum.
  • Whether one said "X" or whether "Y" occurred is not debatable.
Trump and his advisors seem given to representing information of the second type noted as fact when it is not.
and every administration has done both since the beginning of the country

so I ask again where the hell have you people been?

First:
Argumentum ad antiquitatem fails from square one.​

Second:
Trump claims he's going to do things differently. Assuming that's been done without exception in prior Administrations, are those not excellent things to not do at all during his tenure?​

No,

Trump is a snake and a liar! I wouldn't be surprised if he was satan himself and he will lie and lie to get his way.
Every administration spins and lies so as to look as good as possible to the public

have you people lived under a fucking rock your entire lives that you don't know this yet?

It's one thing to "spin" debatable concepts. It's wholly another to misrepresent objectively ascertained facts.
  • Whether tax cuts for the wealthy actually benefit the entire population and to what extent they do/don't is debatable The weightings one assigns to the factors used on calculating the impact can be argued ad nauseum.
Trump and his advisors seem given to representing information of the second type noted as fact when it is not.

First:

Second:
Trump claims he's going to do things differently. Assuming that's been done without exception in prior Administrations, are those not excellent things to not do at all during his tenure?​

You must be a youngster. Government always lies. It's what it does. So do yourself a big favor, don't search for truth in Government. It doesn't exist. If you continue searching, you'll only make yourself sick with bitter disappointment. Just a little friendly advice for ya.

No,

First:

Second:

You must be a youngster. Government always lies. It's what it does. So do yourself a big favor, don't search for truth in Government. It doesn't exist. If you continue searching, you'll only make yourself sick with bitter disappointment. Just a little friendly advice for ya.

I don't "search for truth in government." I receive statements and evaluate their veracity. It doesn't matter who makes the statements.

No,

First:

Second:
and you still expect a politician to do what he says he'll do?

Thinking that a politician is telling the truth is naive to the point of mental retardation

No,

First:

Second:

I don't "search for truth in government." I receive statements and evaluate their veracity. It doesn't matter who makes the statements.

Well, your post seemed to indicate that you are expecting truth in Government.

No,

First:

Second:

Thinking that a politician is telling the truth is naive to the point of mental retardation

I demand that of adults, be they politicians or otherwise.
  • Don't make promises on which one lacks the means to unilaterally deliver to fruition.
  • Don't make threats one is unwilling to carry out.
  • Don't make positive assertions about things one has not confirmed to be 100% so.
  • Do use qualifying language to define the limit of what one can say with certainty.
  • Don't equivocate.

No,

First:

Second:

• Don't make promises on which one lacks the means to unilaterally deliver to fruition.
  • Don't make positive assertions about things one has not confirmed to be 100% so.
  • Do use qualifying language to define the limit of what one can say with certainty.
  • Don't equivocate.
you demand huh?

How's that working for ya?

No,

First:

Second:

• Don't equivocate.

Again, you do sound like you're seeking truth in Government. And i'm telling you, you're never gonna find it. Your Government lies to you 24/7-365. It's just what it does. It doesn't matter which political party is running the show. The lies will continue. It is what it is.

First:

Second:

I expect people to be truthful. I don't have varying levels of expectations in that regard; I expect it of all adults. I'm not naive enough to think that people will not occasionally lie when asked a question for which they know the honest answer does not favor them, but I do expect people to only and always tell the truth when they make unsolicited remarks. I require direct and complete answers to fairly and neutrally presented questions.

No,

First:

Second:

• Don't equivocate.
you demand huh?

How's that working for ya?

In my life it's worked quite well.

First:

Second:

I expect people to be truthful. I don't have varying levels of expectations in that regard; I expect it of all adults. I'm not naive enough to think that people will not occasionally lie when asked a question for which they know the honest answer does not favor them, but I do expect people to only and always tell the truth when they make unsolicited remarks. I require direct and complete answers to fairly and neutrally presented questions.

You can expect whatever you want but human beings are the most duplicitous beings in the known universe and do not care in the least what you require

First:

Second:

Well if you continue 'expecting' that of Government, you'll end up a very bitter disappointed person. Just expect them to lie to you. You'll learn to roll with the punches on it.

Can Trump's Administration be relied upon to tell the truth even when it's not favorable to them?

It sure doesn't seem so given that they started lying on day one.

First:

Second:

Well if you continue 'expecting' that of Government, you'll end up a very bitter disappointed person. Just expect them to lie to you. You'll learn to roll with the punches on it.

I am not ever going to assume out of hand that a government employee, official, etc., or private individuals for that matter, is lying merely because they work for the government and their mouth is open. I didn't say I don't trust but verify.

I am not ever going to assume out of hand that a government employee, official, etc., or private individuals for that matter, is lying merely because they work for the government and their mouth is open. I didn't say I don't trust but verify.

Well, don't say i didn't warn ya. Government is likely the last entity on earth you should expect truth from.

Well, don't say i didn't warn ya. Government is likely the last entity on earth you should expect truth from.

Actually, in nearly all instances when I've contacted the government, spoken with government employees or asked them for information, I've received very truthful information. I can say that of my city and federal representatives, workers at various governmental agencies and departments from the receptionist to agency heads, acquaintances who work in varying capacities: some appointed, some career civil service, some military, former clients, judges and other judicial branch employees, etc. Without exception, they answer accurately or they say they don't know or they say they "think such and such, but aren't sure." In the last situation, they either volunteer to confirm their answer or I ask them to do so (if I care enough about the matter) and they do.

The only government personnel with whom I've ever personally interacted and who were less that forthright are the few I've know who work in areas that deal with classified information. Even they haven't lied to me so much as they simply don't share information or they answer a question with "I can't talk about that."

What government employees have lied to my face or been evasive? Cops. Elected officials and their aides.

My goodness....Oh for three, dude. It's a good thing we don't have to rely on you for truth in reporting and facts.

the highest black unemployment rate in I think eve,

What? Black Unemployment Rate History

the lowest home ownership rate [since the 1970s]

You were closest to correct with this metric; however, that is so only if one considers the final two year span of Obama's tenure and compares it against the entire decade of the 1970s.

united-states-home-ownership-rate.png

the lowest labor participation rate since the 1970's

Cute picture. I'll go with this one...

latest_numbers_LNS15000000_2006_2016_all_period_M12_data.gif

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Your doing so may very well be the cause of your misunderstanding. The chart you provided doesn't depict any information pertaining to the 1970s, or the any time during the 1900s , yet your remark specifically identifies the 1970s as the temporal point of comparison.

It doesn't? It is the actual figures of non participants. Then you go back to the 1970's and you see the same levels. The jimmy carter era to be exact. Your meme is a cute little bit of propaganda that is factually incorrect.

I used the Federal Governments numbers, and you used a meme. Hmmmm....who to believe?

It doesn't? It is the actual figures of non participants. Then you go back to the 1970's and you see the same levels. The jimmy carter era to be exact.
No you don't. I think you're confusing level and rate. The level of people Not in the Labor Force is at its highest. It has risen and set a record under every President. It is much higher now than under Carter:
fredgraph.png

Participation Rate is the Labor Force divided by the Population. And Population - Labor Force = Not in the Labor Force, so that as the percent in the labor force goes up, the percent not in the labor force goes down, and vice versa.

That is now a rate last seen in 1978, but note that at the time that rate was an all time high. The Labor Force Participation Rate peaked in 1999. It was long predicted and not a surprise to economists that the rate would go down.
fredgraph.png

Forum List

Back