Capitalism Guarantees Rising Inequality

There are "retired" seniors working part-time at the non-profit Senior Center where I volunteer who can not afford to work full time because of the losses they would suffer from losing Medicaid and affordable housing benefits.

Since Los Angeles is one of eight counties in California scheduled for a Medicaid "reform" experiment, it's likely many of the seniors will see the quality of their medical care decline when HMOs get involved.

I'm sure the investor class appreciates the sacrifice.

Okay, so if they knew that they would have to eventually retire, the question is why didn't they save enough Money for Retirement??
Because they weren't paid enough money every month for their labor to support their family and save for retirement.

Wrong...They did not save enough.

Most consumer debt is discretionary.
Discretionary spending is a choice.

Corporations can't force you to buy anything.
Government can.
Corporations can't force you to give them money.
Government does that everyday.

Look around you in a downtown area, especially places like Times Square. Do you tend to buy the products you see advertised? I know the majority of consumers do. I'm not saying you bought a product because you saw it advertised, no, it's more subtle than that.

The fact that most major corporations spend more money on advertisement than the production of their products clues us in. This is in the multiple trillions worldwide. And companies wouldn't continue spending that kind of money year after year, decade after deacde if it didn't pay off.

Do you tend to buy the products you see advertised?

I'm not forced to buy any product, advertised or not.
Unless, of course, government forces me.

The fact that most major corporations spend more money on advertisement than the production of their products clues us in.

Link?

The government took 12.4% of their income, for decades, and that's not enough for retirement?
I put less than that in my 401K and have hundreds of thousands saved.

But you know the Leftists beliefs, they believe in No Personal Responsibility for one's self.. Government is the only option that people should have, because without government controlling the lives of people, the people are powerless to think for themselves..

you're an anarchist too?!?!!?!? oh you just want the government to control people how you think it should

No, I was being sarcastic about the Far Left(Well maybe that wasn't sarcasm)

You do realize most businesses have single digit profit margins right?

What are you talking about?
U.S. Small Businesses Don't Create Jobs Like They Used To - Businessweek

econ07_cor_630b.jpg

Most employees work for large companies that do not make single digit profit margins.

Your charts do not include profit margins.
Try again?

Low Wages Costing the Public Hundreds of Millions Report Says

"Researchers say taxpayers are doling out nearly $900 million a year to supplement the wages of bank tellers, which amounts to a public subsidy for multibillion-dollar banks.

"Profits at the nation’s banks topped $141.3 billion last year, with the median chief executive pay hovering around $552,000, according to SNL Financial. In contrast, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics pegs the median annual income of a bank teller at $24,100, or $11.59 an hour.

"Another common complaint among bank workers was the intense pressure to meet sales quotas. One Wells Fargo employee, Victoria, who would only give researchers her first name, claimed she received more than 50 e-mails a day from managers pushing sales goals. Employees, she said, had to aggressively peddle products “just to be able to keep our jobs.”

Glad we think the rich don't need to pay their workers a fair share. But when poor citizens stand up for better pay Conservatives view it as greedy workers. Just surprised to hear it from Banks, the Richest MFers in the World. What's the response?

"Wells Fargo spokeswoman Richele Messick said: “Wells Fargo works hard to create a positive work environment for our team members and a culture of doing what is best for our customers.”"

While I admit Wells Fargo had better books than some of the leading banks (JP Morgan, Citigroup etc) it doesn't excuse them from following through with their "We work hard' BS. So you know when some business says "We are trying/We work hard/We do X" then you can put your bottom dollar that it is a fucking lie. It means they treat their essential employees like a door mat. Thank God for social stratification cause I don't think I can stomach brushing shoulders with elites who lie as their common denominator. But they get away with it because of their elite status outside the system. They create jobs and rule the brains of Americans. Congratulations, the system works (for the 2% only)!

Last edited:

"Researchers say taxpayers are doling out nearly $900 million a year to supplement the wages of bank tellers, which amounts to a public subsidy for multibillion-dollar banks.

"Profits at the nation’s banks topped $141.3 billion last year, with the median chief executive pay hovering around $552,000, according to SNL Financial. In contrast, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics pegs the median annual income of a bank teller at $24,100, or $11.59 an hour.

"Another common complaint among bank workers was the intense pressure to meet sales quotas. One Wells Fargo employee, Victoria, who would only give researchers her first name, claimed she received more than 50 e-mails a day from managers pushing sales goals. Employees, she said, had to aggressively peddle products “just to be able to keep our jobs.”

Glad we think the rich don't need to pay their workers a fair share. But when poor citizens stand up for better pay Conservatives view it as greedy workers. Just surprised to hear it from Banks, the Richest MFers in the World. What's the response?

"Wells Fargo spokeswoman Richele Messick said: “Wells Fargo works hard to create a positive work environment for our team members and a culture of doing what is best for our customers.”"

While I admit Wells Fargo had better books than some of the leading banks (JP Morgan, Citigroup etc) it doesn't excuse them from following through with their "We work hard' BS. So you know when some business says "We are trying/We work hard/We do X" then you can put your bottom dollar that it is a fucking lie. It means they treat their essential employees like a door mat. Thank God for social stratification cause I don't think I can stomach brushing shoulders with elites who lie as their common denominator. But they get away with it because of their elite status outside the system. They create jobs and rule the brains of Americans. Congratulations, the system works (for the 2% only)!

And if those jobs did not exist, how much would the taxpayers dole out?

Are you actually suggesting that full-time workers who get paid jack shit so that they still need government assistance should be grateful that they aren't unemployed, while the company that they work for profits over a hundred billion dollars?

Are you actually suggesting that full-time workers who get paid jack shit so that they still need government assistance should be grateful that they aren't unemployed, while the company that they work for profits over a hundred billion dollars?

Are you suggesting that a welfare check is better than a job? More money than a job?

Yeah KNB , I am sure there was only One Bank in America that Profited a total of $141.3 Billion..:clap2:

Are you suggesting that a welfare check is better than a job? More money than a job?
Where do you even come up with that from what I asked? On what planet does anyone get more money from welfare than from a full-time job? And if people get more money from welfare than from a full-time job, then that means that we need to raise the minimum wage.

The bank profits over $100b and the employees are on public assistance. Are those employees supposed to thank the company for their low-wage jobs that make the company over $100b?

Where do you even come up with that from what I asked? On what planet does anyone get more money from welfare than from a full-time job? And if people get more money from welfare than from a full-time job, then that means that we need to raise the minimum wage.

The bank profits over $100b and the employees are on public assistance. Are those employees supposed to thank the company for their low-wage jobs that make the company over $100b?

Which Bank by itself profited over $100 Billion??:razz:

Please let me know..:cuckoo:

Why don't we help those low-wage workers, by legalizing 20 million low-skill illegals?
That must be your position.

Or we could deport them, and raise the wages of our own citizens?

Let me know when you get on the right side of the issue. I'll be here, waiting.

I apologize, fuckstick. Companies profit over $100b. More than one company. I forgot that everything has to be spelled out for Republicans.

"Profits at the nation’s banks topped $141.3 billion last year..."

So employees at these banks are on public assistance while their companies profit over $100b, further proving that "trickle down" Reaganomics is a festering pile of bullshit.

Why don't we help those low-wage workers, by legalizing 20 million low-skill illegals?

Again, where in the fucking hell do you come up with this shit? Who said anything at all about illegal aliens? How does deporting anyone raise the Federal minimum wage?

What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you even have a point in any of this?

I apologize, fuckstick. Companies profit over $100b. More than one company. I forgot that everything has to be spelled out for Republicans.

So employees at these banks are on public assistance while their companies profit over $100b, further proving that "trickle down" Reaganomics is a festering pile of bullshit.

If the government didn't Tax and Regulate Business so much,
then turn right around and Tax the hell out of an individual,
then turn right around and increase the National Debt by a Large Sum to increase Inflation,
then turn right around and Tax the individual EVEN more for things they buy,
then turn right around and spill Obamacare on them on top of everything else

Well you Wonder Why..:clap2:

And yet the worker still takes the job for that company right??

By the way, I appreciate you admitting you were wrong.. I mean if a bank made that much profit by itself, then there'd obviously be a big problem.. You should have known that before posting ;)

then turn right around and increase the National Debt by a Large Sum to increase Inflation,

By the way, I appreciate you admitting you were wrong.. I mean if a bank made that much profit by itself, then there'd obviously be a big problem.. You should have known that before posting ;)
What does any of that mean? Businesses aren't being taxed enough if they're profiting over $100b a year and their employees still need government assistance. When do those record corporate profits trickle down to the employees who made the company so rich?

"And yet the worker still takes the job for that company right??" Well, yeah, dipshit. The alternative is far worse, but it still doesn't excuse the banks from profiting over $100b and leaving their workers scrounging on public assistance. Again, do record corporate profits ever trickle down?

Why do Conservatives keep touting trickle-down theory as infallible when it doesn't work at all like we're told?

And how many Banks are in America?? Banks need to have that kind of profit in case we get somebody like Clinton who wants to try and Allow people who can't afford a house buy a house anyways, plus they have to have money to give out loans..

Again, where in the fucking hell do you come up with this shit? Who said anything at all about illegal aliens? How does deporting anyone raise the Federal minimum wage?

What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you even have a point in any of this?

How does deporting anyone raise the Federal minimum wage?

It doesn't raise the minimum wage.
If we deport 20 million illegals who compete with low skilled Americans, low skilled Americans will make more money.

It's called supply and demand. It was covered the day you skipped class.

Do you even have a point in any of this?

Just mocking your ignorance.

What does any of that mean? Businesses aren't being taxed enough if they're profiting over $100b a year and their employees still need government assistance. When do those record corporate profits trickle down to the employees who made the company so rich?

"And yet the worker still takes the job for that company right??" Well, yeah, dipshit. The alternative is far worse, but it still doesn't excuse the banks from profiting over $100b and leaving their workers scrounging on public assistance. Again, do record corporate profits ever trickle down?

Why do Conservatives keep touting trickle-down theory as infallible when it doesn't work at all like we're told?

"And yet the worker still takes the job for that company right??"

Well, yeah, dipshit. The alternative is far worse,

And there you have it, a worker and an employer freely agreeing on terms that you don't like.
Typical lib, just too much freedom going on for you.

Forum List

Back