Carl Demaio: That Enigmatic Gay Republican Candidate

Okay, so if this guy's opponent were a gay Democrat, THEN can liberals vote for HIM without having to hear you people cry about made-up liberal intolerance?

Okay. So. That was a concession if I ever heard one. People can vote for whomever they want, what you can't do is say "I support gay rights" then treat a gay man like gutter trash because his political views don't match yours. How childish.

I guess then to be fair, if you're going to argue that liberals are anti-gay bigots for not supporting this guy,

then all the conservatives who are supporting this guy's opponents in the primary must also be anti-gay bigots.

If I were a resident of San Diego, I'd be voting for him! Plus, it's the natural course of politics, people will be running against him, and not because just because he's gay. Those who are, are idiots.

Also, try not to deflect, Carbine. Besides, I'm sorta using your "if you disagree with Obama, you're a racist" logic here. This has more validity to it than that did, however.

Is it possible the Liberals on this board can't wrap their heads around the concept of a gay Republican? Quite understandable, seeing as how you treat blacks, women, and Hispanics the same way.

No, not at all.

Every group has a Judas willing to sell their own out for their 30 pcs of silver.

This speaks totally to your hypocrisy. Do you, or do you not support gays and gay rights? Or is your support merely one sided? Like I said before, you guys treat blacks, women, and Hispanics the same way.

Is it possible the Liberals on this board can't wrap their heads around the concept of a gay Republican? Quite understandable, seeing as how you treat blacks, women, and Hispanics the same way.

No, not at all.

Every group has a Judas willing to sell their own out for their 30 pcs of silver.

This speaks totally to your hypocrisy. Do you, or do you not support gays and gay rights? Or is your support merely one sided? Like I said before, you guys treat blacks, women, and Hispanics the same way.

I only support gay rights in as far as it pisses off religious whack like you, Runs with Scissors.

otherwise, I probably wouldn't care, but I just love watching you nuts getting upset about the thought of two dudes having the butt sex.

No, not at all.

No actually, it speaks to DeMaio's. DeMaio (and you apparently) wants the gay community to embrace him despite his record on gay issues just because he's gay. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

No, not at all.

I only support gay rights in as far as it pisses off religious whack like you, Runs with Scissors.

otherwise, I probably wouldn't care, but I just love watching you nuts getting upset about the thought of two dudes having the butt sex.

Yeah, and where do you get those lame nicknames from, Joe? It's people like you whom they don't let anywhere near scissors.

So, your hypocrisy is only matched by your spitefulness. Your beliefs ring hollow, they are only motivated by hatred. Do you really hold any real beliefs?

Yeah, sure, whatever you say, pal. Get out of my sight.

Last edited:
Okay, so if this guy's opponent were a gay Democrat, THEN can liberals vote for HIM without having to hear you people cry about made-up liberal intolerance?

Okay. So. That was a concession if I ever heard one. People can vote for whomever they want, what you can't do is say "I support gay rights" then treat a gay man like gutter trash because his political views don't match yours. How childish.

Um, yeah you can. Duh...that's politics. He's being attacked for his stances on issues, not for being gay.

No, not at all.

No actually, it speaks to DeMaio's. DeMaio (and you apparently) wants the gay community to embrace him despite his record on gay issues just because he's gay. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Actually it does work that way. How oblivious must you be not to embrace one of your own? He's openly gay, votes for the same things you vote for via gay rights, yet you treat him like trash. I can't help but be bemused by it. You can't sit there and tell me you support gays or gay rights when you pull stunts like that. You are homophobe, a traitor to your own kind, if you insist on treating one of your own with such utter contempt.

Um, yeah you can. Duh...that's politics. He's being attacked for his stances on issues, not for being gay.

Duh, that's hypocrisy. Irony. A double standard. Whatever you want to call it. Or you could simply read the OP, or the links, and be proven wrong.

Last edited:
I guess then to be fair, if you're going to argue that liberals are anti-gay bigots for not supporting this guy,

then all the conservatives who are supporting this guy's opponents in the primary must also be anti-gay bigots.

If I were a resident of San Diego, I'd be voting for him! Plus, it's the natural course of politics, people will be running against him, and not because just because he's gay. Those who are, are idiots.

Also, try not to deflect, Carbine. Besides, I'm sorta using your "if you disagree with Obama, you're a racist" logic here. This has more validity to it than that did, however.

So you're making a fallacious argument intentionally. Okay.

So you're making a fallacious argument intentionally. Okay.

Fallacious in what way? You are committing what is known as the "Fallacy fallacy" in which you simply try to disprove a valid argument because a logical fallacy may have been committed in so doing. Really now?

Sorry, you're out of juice.

It appears the intelligent liberals are staying out of this thread. And for good reason. I exposed the dark underbelly of liberal politics, and I get attacked by ravening trolls instead. Look, I can argue all of you all morning and afternoon if I wanted to, and I have plenty of ammo to use; but I simply have better things to do.

Actually it does work that way. How oblivious must you be not to embrace one of your own? He's openly gay, votes for the same things you vote for via gay rights, yet you treat him like trash. I can't help but be bemused by it. You can't sit there and tell me you support gays or gay rights when you pull stunts like that. You are homophobe, a traitor to your own kind, if you insist on treating one of your own with such utter contempt.

No, he doesn't "vote the same way" I do. I'm not a single issue voter. I also wouldn't take donations from people who gave A LOT of money to Prop 8 backers.

Tell me TK...let's say you have a candidate who proclaims to be pro life or anti gun control, but at the same time is taking donations from Planned Parenthood or the Brady Group...are you going to support that candidate solely because they own a gun?

Duh, that's hypocrisy. Irony. A double standard. Whatever you want to call it. Or you could simply read the OP, or the links, and be proven wrong.

How is it hypocrisy to attack him for his stance on issues?

Yeah, and where do you get those lame nicknames from, Joe? It's people like you whom they don't let anywhere near scissors.

So, your hypocrisy is only matched by your spitefulness. Your beliefs ring hollow, they are only motivated by hatred. Do you really hold any real beliefs?

Sure I do.

I firmly believe that the GOP works on keeping stupid people like you votign against your own economic interests by pushing your buttons on religion, race, guns, abortion and sex.

Which is why you are sitting on a couch, unable to get a job, bitching about those "Welfare People" while living off the goodness of others yourself.

Oh, incidently, "Runs with Scissors" is a play on your recent claims to be "Native American". Get it? "Dances with Wolves" "Runs with Scissors".

Before I go:

Two words, Non. Sequitur.

Bye.

No, not at all.

What gay rights does Joe want to deny this guy?

Sure I do.

I firmly believe that the GOP works on keeping stupid people like you votign against your own economic interests by pushing your buttons on religion, race, guns, abortion and sex.

Which is why you are sitting on a couch, unable to get a job, bitching about those "Welfare People" while living off the goodness of others yourself.

Oh, incidently, "Runs with Scissors" is a play on your recent claims to be "Native American". Get it? "Dances with Wolves" "Runs with Scissors".

Before I go:

Two words, Non. Sequitur.

Bye.

You don't actually know what those words mean, do you, "Runs with Scissors"?

It appears the intelligent liberals are staying out of this thread. And for good reason. I exposed the dark underbelly of liberal politics, and I get attacked by ravening trolls instead. Look, I can argue all of you all morning and afternoon if I wanted to, and I have plenty of ammo to use; but I simply have better things to do.

your thread is a troll thread.

No, he doesn't "vote the same way" I do. I'm not a single issue voter. I also wouldn't take donations from people who gave A LOT of money to Prop 8 backers.

Tell me TK...let's say you have a candidate who proclaims to be pro life or anti gun control, but at the same time is taking donations from Planned Parenthood or the Brady Group...are you going to support that candidate solely because they own a gun?

No. But unlike you, I take the time to assess them for their accomplishments, not for their personal lives or for what they own or possess. What determines my vote is: What will they bring to the table?

Anyhow, given that Democrats run on pro gay rights and equality, I find it quite interesting you aren't supporting the gay candidate in this race.

Newsflash! I don't think HE cared for Prop 8 either. He endures the same hardships being gay as you do, he's probably just as gay too. He's fighting for the same cause of equality that you are. Yet, here you are, abandoning him for being a Republican.

You know, I wondered what would have happened had MLK treated his black following this way. The Civil Rights movement would have died before it hit the ground. Perhaps nobody has taught you the concept of unity, or unifying on a common cause yet.

Forum List

Back