Case closed, Zimmerman's a gonner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecution has evidence. How well it is presented will determine GZ's fate.

Correction. The State prosecutors have SOME evidence. Whether or not there is sufficient evidence will be the primary determiner of how well they fare.

But I predict that the truly big issue at this trial is likely to come down to a very imprecise legal definition. Did ANYTHING done by the defendant qualify him as a person who "initially provoked" the physical violence?

That is insightful. We will have to wait and see.

Absolutely none. And the three guys who tried to contact them and frighten them based on race are now in jail. We will see what will happen with them on Monday.

uh---I bet there are more than 3 people who would be willing to cause them some discomfort.

Nope. No evidence whatsoever other than the three guys that are locked up.

you're in la la land. There are probably 3 on this board who march right down to Florida.

Sorry bout that,

1. Zim already won this before it goes to trial, truth be told.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

On the facts, yes. but juries can be fickle. If they put on Trayvons mother and get her crying about how she lost her baby....

His mother was nowhere near the crime scene. What relevant testimony does she have to offer, especially since the judge isn't going to all the defense to make Treyvon's character to be an issue?

Correction. The State prosecutors have SOME evidence. Whether or not there is sufficient evidence will be the primary determiner of how well they fare.

But I predict that the truly big issue at this trial is likely to come down to a very imprecise legal definition. Did ANYTHING done by the defendant qualify him as a person who "initially provoked" the physical violence?

Even if Zimmerman did "provoke" Treyvon, how does that justify bashing his head against the ground and breaking his now? Unless Zimmerman physically attacked Treyvon, there is no legal justification for any violence on his part.

Case closed.

I respectfully disagree. GZ's fate lies in the hands of jurors who will be very carefully considering the ramifications of their verdict. They know what danger lies in an acquittal.

Any juror who considers "the danger the lies in acquittal" is unfit to serve on the Jury. A guilty verdict will automatically be appealed and probably overturned.

Even if Zimmerman did "provoke" Treyvon, how does that justify bashing his head against the ground and breaking his now? Unless Zimmerman physically attacked Treyvon, there is no legal justification for any violence on his part.

Case closed.

I hear ya but this is what some people are using in an attempt to justify the fight. They claim that GZ scared TM by talking on the phone and keeping an eye on him thus provoking an pre emptive attack.:cuckoo:

Absolutely none. And the three guys who tried to contact them and frighten them based on race are now in jail. We will see what will happen with them on Monday.

uh---I bet there are more than 3 people who would be willing to cause them some discomfort.

:cuckoo::eusa_liar:Cripes, you're as foul in your way as joeb is in his.

What a slimeball.

It appears to me that those who are defending Z are defending more viciously and those that think that Martin will be found guilty are doing it with less passion, or emotion.

That tells me that the verdict just may be guilty for Z, for the jurists were not passionately into this trial. They were willing to weigh all the evidence and not dismiss any of the evidence, including what the role of the Neighborhood watch Person was to do which would have eliminated the entire altercation.

Nobody cares how things appear to you. Seriously. You've lost the privilege of having people take you seriously.

Case closed.

The law says that if Zimmerman's actions were "justified" then he is not guilty.

But whether or not his action was "justified" is the entire point of this case. He admits the conduct. He denies the criminal state of mind necessary for a conviction BECAUSE what he did was, he says, needed to defend himself.

Whether the jury can find his action "justified" turns on whether or not he is considered to be the one who "initially provoked" the physical confrontation. The law says you cannot rely on "justification" if you "initially provoked" the physical acts that followed. HOWEVER, the law does not clearly DEFINE what that term means.

The State (and the pro-Trayvon crowd) will be contending (I am assuming now) that the act of "following" Trayvon (over some allegedly race-based racist "suspicion" no less!) was the behavior that DID (supposedly) "initially provoke" Trayvon's reaction.

Since the definition of "initially provoked" is so unclear and ill-defined or un-defined, there is a very real danger that the judge might allow this blather to go forward as the prosecution's "theory of the case."

Then, who knows what a jury might make of it all?

I believe that what the defense NEEDS is to get the judge to properly define "initially provoked" in a way that clearly advises the jury that the law contemplates the initiation of PHYSICAL contact.

I have no faith that this will happen, however. At best, this is a "wait and see" scenario.

Does Zimmerman still have that smarmy attorney he started out with?

Though I must say, sometimes smarminess does not preclude ability and legal capabilities......

Threats of Rioting and Looting if the Verdict goes in favor of Zimmerman are totally unfounded then. Glad to here it. Are you personally under-Writing all damage claims caused by a Not Guilty Verdict? Cool. ;)

Last edited:
Florida only requires 12 jurors in capitol cases.

Are they seeking the death penalty?

Personally, I dont think it was wise to let them pick a 12 woman jury. At least one jury should be a man.

I am all for women, but i dont think a jury of all women would represent a jury of my peers well.

I think it was a poor pick for the defense.

Again, Zimmerman's lawyers are amatuers, and they don't have the best interest of their clients in mind.

They are appealling to the kind of knuckle-dragger who thinks he needs to pack heat. Because they are sending money to the defense fund.

No evidence? How about the guys in the hoodies that jumped an innocent guy to "make a point", the cop cars that were shot up, the Black Panther's putting out a 10k public hit? Sanford was pretty close to burning to the ground last year. You don't know what you're talking about.

Florida only requires 12 jurors in capitol cases.

Personally, I dont think it was wise to let them pick a 12 woman jury. At least one jury should be a man.

I am all for women, but i dont think a jury of all women would represent a jury of my peers well.

Again, Zimmerman's lawyers are amatuers, and they don't have the best interest of their clients in mind.

They are appealling to the kind of knuckle-dragger who thinks he needs to pack heat. Because they are sending money to the defense fund.

Huh?

Have you been paying attention to jury selection at all. None of that up there makes any sense.

DP? No. Geez.

Florida juries are 6 unless it's M1 - so the jury isn't even 12.

Mark O'Mara is a highly respected attorney in the area. He's really good at what he does and he believes in his client.

I'm done. Where's the head banging emoticon?

I heard he is getting 50 years for killing that unarmed kid.

We can all hope...

Lol that line again.

Trayvon Martin was physically stronger than Zimmerman. Tell me you don't believe Martin let that stop him from beating the life out of Mr. Zimmerman.

If he had beaten Zimmerman to death, I'd be all for charging him as an adult.

That isn't what happened. What happened was Zimmerman shot an unarmed kid.

Huh?

Have you been paying attention to jury selection at all. None of that up there makes any sense.

DP? No. Geez.

Mark O'Mara is a highly respected attorney in the area. He's really good at what he does and he believes in his client.

It reminded everyone of GZ's injuries so they had to toss it.

Huh?

DP? No. Geez.

It reminded everyone of GZ's injuries so they had to toss it.

laughing my a$$ off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back