Casey Anthony

YOU are the jury. What's your thoughts so far?

• guilty.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • not guilty.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • undecided.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It seems both the prosecution and the defense, through their drowning theory, have proven that Casey Anthony is a habitual liar. But she appears to be more than that. It appears that she is a psychopath, which led to the death of a beautiful little girl. I honestly think that it was probably an accident. I theorize that Casey wanted to go out on the night and decided to use chloroform on the little girl. Unfortunately, she overdosed her and she died. But instead of admitting to a horrible error, Casey continued to lie. Rather than involuntary man slaughter, which she may have been given in the accident, she is on trial for her life. What a sad, sad story.

I think it has to have been accidental because of their testimony. She's a lazy asshole who stole from everyone but she seems to have loved the kid.

She stole because Daddy & Mommie had always paid for everything before. It was the first time in her life she had been away from home. She had also used the gas cans on other occasions, yet this time, "Dad" decides to call the cops.
:confused:
He called the police because the lock was broken off.......The boyfriend testified that he was the one who broke it with a tire iron from his Jeep.......I would have called the cops also if I found the lock broken....He had no idea at the time who broke the lock.

I'm thinking, and the autopsy seems to confirm, that she murdered the kid by placiing the duct tape over the mouth and nose.......My theory, is that the kid was struggling for whatever reason, and she used the heart sticker to make it seem like some kind of game.

Either that, or she placced the duct tape on the kid after she overdosed her on chloroform, before she dumped the body to make it look like some sicko killed her.

One thing though. I thought the grandmother was a lil' nuts, until I saw her testimony this morning (Yes, they had half day testimony today) but, that lady obviously truly loved that child. The pure emotion coming from her was real. When they were showing the childs play things out in the backyard, that poor lady was ready to lose it.......I can truly see now why her emotions have come out in the past.

I totally agree about the Grandmother. Can you imagine what George and his wife have been through? Their whole world has been shattered. They were lied to when they were looking for probably the most precious thing in their world, their graddaughter. And not lied to just once, but over and over and over. I can imagine them being defensive and, at times, volatile.

But I cannot imagine the pain within their hearts. It is no surprise George tried to kill himself. This is so very sad....

Sorry, but a sane and sober person would not have attempted suicide in the middle of such a quandary, leaving both his wife and his daughter to deal with the dreadful events that would follow. But a person might consider suicide if he had been responsible for the child's death in the first place, knowing that when the truth came out he would lose both his wife and his own child as well. Just my opinion, folks. Everyone is so quick to say Casey is a psycho; well her father is no shining example of a well-adjusted person either.
Sorry, but I can clearly see why someone would want to commit suicide......His grandaughter was dead, and the realization that his daughter did it was probably setting in.....It could most definitely drive a person over the edge.

Not to mention the fact, they had pretty much drained all their finances in the search....I feel he probably felt his life was over anyway......And, this is all on top of the fact that his marriage was in shambles.

Another thing I found odd during yesterday's testimony was when Lazzaro was describing what happened when Casey's mother, Cindy, arrived at his apartment and then again later with the police. The police returned twice after that, the first time to retrieve Casey's cell phone, and the second time (presumably with a warrant) to search Lazzaro's apartment. But they didn't find anything. Then later that same evening, Lee Anthony arrived at the Lazzaro apartment to retrieve Casey's laptop. Why on earth didn't the cops take it? And why was it so all-fired important to Lee that he had to personally go and get it (obtaining "directions" to the apartment from the police).
The cops probably had no idea it was there, or that it was hers, and Lee went to get it in the hopes of finding info on where the kid was at. He did turn it over to the police.

The Duct tape is puzzling. If she did die accidently, due to an overdose, why the tape around the mouth? Did the child ride around in that trunk until her head began to part from her torso, so she had to use the tape? I don't know. I am very interested in hearing the Prosecution theory on that. I can understand the heart sticker, but why the tape if it was an accident.

Any ideas on that?
I'm thinking, and the autopsy seems to confirm, that she murdered the kid by placiing the duct tape over the mouth and nose.......My theory, is that the kid was struggling for whatever reason, and she used the heart sticker to make it seem like some kind of game.

Either that, or she placced the duct tape on the kid after she overdosed her on chloroform, before she dumped the body to make it look like some sicko killed her.

One thing though. I thought the grandmother was a lil' nuts, until I saw her testimony this morning (Yes, they had half day testimony today) but, that lady obviously truly loved that child. The pure emotion coming from her was real. When they were showing the childs play things out in the backyard, that poor lady was ready to lose it.......I can truly see now why her emotions have come out in the past.

I also think that Cindy Anthony is a credible person, so far. George, not so much. They all loved the child, no doubt about it. But I'm still going to presume it was an accident, and that the heart sticker was the last sorrowful act of whomever was responsible. The duct tape was there just to keep it in place.
The sticker was placed over the duct tape, not the other way around. So, the duct tape was not used to hold the sticker in place......The duct tape was used to cut off her access to air.....To murder her most likely.

Means, motive and opportunity; what do we know?

Means: possible drowning or possible aspyxiation with duct tape

Motive: not yet established (?)

Opportunity: George and Casee

As inconceivable as it is to believe that a mother drove around for four days with her daughter in the trunk and that possibly the grandfather knew and all the other wild lies and seemingly sociopathic behaviours - can beyond a reasonable doubt be established?

Myself, I am simply overwhemed by the crazy making of it all.

Last edited:
I just can't wrap my head around a lot of the facts in this case. All the key players seem to contradict each other. Sadly, I don't believe we will ever know the truth of what really happened. I have a lot of opinions and thoughts on this case, and since this is my first post here, I would like to start with the DT's OS. The accusations against George Anthony.

Since the day I heard that two dogs hit on scents in the backyard, I've always thought Caylee Anthony died in that pool. That body was in the backyard. There's no way around that fact. The question is the how she died and why the need for a cover up?
We have testimony from George and Cindy Anthony that places the three -- Caylee, Casey and George in the house on June 16th 2008. The question is whose version of events do you believe? Did Caylee and Casey leave as George testified? Or did Little Caylee make her way to the pool as the DT's OS alledges? And if so -- why the NEED for a cover up story vs calling 911?

Is GA a sexual predator? Is he guilty of sexually abusing his daughter? We will never know the truth in that. But, I can tell you with certainity that there is no playbook that dictates correct behavior for a victim of a sexual abuse.

An inlaw of mine, at age 14, testified against her step father for sexually abusing her and her younger sister. Her testimony sent the pervert to prison. Her mother waited on him to be released. Now they spend nearly every major holiday at her dinner table, along with her two small sons, as one big happy family. With this behavior I ask myself WTF? As I, myself, being a victim of sexual abuse, dance on the grave of the pervert whom molested me . . . at every opportunity I get. As I said, there is NO playbook for appropriate behavior of a victim of sexual abuse.

So, did GA sexually abuse Casey Anthony? We will probably never know the truth. But, if he did -- chances are he was abusing Caylee Anthony also. Sexual predators rely on opporunity. And they rarely stop at one victim.

Cindy Anthony testified yesterday about the three sliding glass doors. She testified the kitchen door was almost ALWAYS locked, and to the fact that she freely came and went in and out the door in her master bedroom because it would be more convienent then using the living room door if she needed something out of her bedroom while enjoying her backyard. Is it possible that Caylee slipped out of an open sliding door? Yes.
She also testified that she put the ladder down the evening of June 15th 2008. And that they did so always because Caylee was capable of climbing the ladder on her own. Eventually we will hear testimony from coworker Deborah Polisano, that Cindy told her "someone" was swimming in her pool. That they had broken into her GATE and left the LADDER up at the swimming pool. I'm assuming that Cindy, would at finding this scenario have naturally asked GA -- "Hey, did you use the pool today?" and that apparently his answer was "No." Why else would she make the statement that "someone" was using her pool? So is it possible that Caylee went into the pool on her own because the ladder had been left up? Yes.

Okay, back to the DT's OS of George being involved. The need for a huge cover up vs calling 911. Why on earth would one NOT call 911 upon finding a child in the family swimming pool? There is only one logical reason I can come up with. Is it possible that GA couldn't afford for an autopsy to be done on Caylee? An autopsy would most certainly reveal certain types of sexual abuse. The question is would he have been able to brow beat/conjole/terrify Casey into going along with a cover up? History proves it's not unusual for abusers to have control -- emotional/mental control over their victims.

The DT says follow the duct tape.

I find myself thinking George, moreso than Casey, would be the one to KNOW the importance of the nose and mouth needing to be taped to keep pool water from escaping, if indeed there was a need to hide the fact of an accidental drowning. And it makes sense to me that a monster capable of sexual abuse would also try to humanize their victim by putting a heart shaped sticker upon her mouth. Will we hear testimony that chlorine in concentrated doses makes chloroform? (And speaking of chloroform -- did Casey perhaps search that term after seeing the picture posted on then BF slimeball Ricardo's MySpace?)
Is GA the monster the DT says he is? Or is he an innocent man?

How could Cindy, a nurse -- not know her daughter was nearly eight months pregnant? I don't buy it. And apparently the FBI thought there was something odd in this family too regarding Casey's pregnancy. Enough to court order a DNA paternity test on brother Lee, after his REFUSAL to take one on his own. Is it possible we will hear of a similar test inre of George Anthony?

One thing for certain, there were a lot of things wrong with this family. Long before the death of little innocent Caylee Anthony forced them under the microscope.
And although they might not be correct in the facts surrounding the death of Caylee Anthony, the DT is correct in saying this is a family of secrets. They have all been caught in numerous lies and half truths.

Is it possible the Anthony's might turn out to be a living, breathing Flowers in the Attic family? Yes. It happens everyday.

Casey Anthony's "partying" days could be compartametalization.

I do find George's letters to Casey a tad desperate. He repeatedly states how he needs to see her and hug her and tell her he loves her. Most intriguing is page 26 where he states how sorry he is for so much in his life and that it is over, but hers (Casey's) is just beginning.

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2010-06/54572752.pdf

Great link! A few things beside desperation stood out in the letters fom CA and GA to Casey.

Dec 21, 2009 -- Cindy is still sleeping with "Teddy".

Dec 20, 2009 -- George repeatedly begging for Casey to agree to see him, but after a phone conversation with Jose, Andrea and "Mom" he agrees to "back down once again."

Feb 17th, 2010 -- George mentions "Not much has changed around the house. You know the obvious, but as for cosmetic changes, there have been just a minimal."

I find odd that in some letters while pleading with Casey to see him that he refers to himself in the third person ie Papa Joe/Dad. Always both names. not just one.

Again, thanks for the great link!

There is a "creepy" tone in his letters. I truly tried to not look for a sensational response but I couldn't help feeling it.

Anyway, glad the link is helpful. I should have included the origin. The Orlando Sentinel is doing a decent job of keeping the info organized and current. On this page are all documents, motions, vidos, timelines us voyeurs might need. Casey Anthony - Murder trial updates | Live video, photos, chat - OrlandoSentinel.com

I am laid up ill (nothing serious), usually don't have the time to follow this types of things - but I can assure you its better than Law & Order!

I also think that Cindy Anthony is a credible person, so far. George, not so much. They all loved the child, no doubt about it. But I'm still going to presume it was an accident, and that the heart sticker was the last sorrowful act of whomever was responsible. The duct tape was there just to keep it in place.
The sticker was placed over the duct tape, not the other way around. So, the duct tape was not used to hold the sticker in place......The duct tape was used to cut off her access to air.....To murder her most likely.

You are correct Wicked Jester! The heart sticker was not placed over the mouth before the duct tape- that heart sticker was found on the outside of the duct tape, over the little girl's mouth.

Texas Writer, altho your post was one of those I label tl/dr---it was interesting.
But can you give your opinions as to why Casey was partying...dancing the night away....entering hot bod contests...when she knew her daughter was missing or already dead??

Texas Writer, altho your post was one of those I label tl/dr---it was interesting.
But can you give your opinions as to why Casey was partying...dancing the night away....entering hot bod contests...when she knew her daughter was missing or already dead??

Because they are one fucked up family? Flowers In The Attic, indeed. I'm beginning to think that could be a possibility and those letters ARE kinda creepy.
George is beginning to not look so innocent to me now.

Because they are one fucked up family? Flowers In The Attic, indeed. I'm beginning to think that could be a possibility and those letters ARE kinda creepy.
George is beginning to not look so innocent to me now.

No argument from me. I still am having a hard time, very hard time, understanding the WHY and HOW could she- Casey Anthony, be out dancing the night away, partying, drinking, sexing it up and entering hod bot contests- we have all seen the photographs, nobody can deny them, there were pictures that are now entered into evidence that the jury will see!!!!
And that was taking place when little Caylee was missing, nobody knew where she was (supposedly).
So how....how could a LOVING devoted Mommy do all that??
When she knew something was already wrong...her daughter was missing or dead, and she knew this.
I can't get that out of my mind. She should be bitch slapped just for that! :evil:

I see nothing in those letters, other than a father trying to understand, and who truly misses his daughter...............I'll say it again, i'm the father of twin girls. There is a special bond between a father and his daughter/daughters.

And, I see nothing wrong with him signing them, "Dad, Papa Joe."

After reading those letters, i'm more convinced that Casey Anthony worked alone......Whether it was murder, or pure stupidity, that idiot is hiding something sinister......Either way, she needs to pay to the fullest.

Wicked Jester I am sure your daughters are very lucky to have you but not all dads are good dads.

Does this mean we should start a "Free Casey" campaign? No, not even close. Its just interesting to explore all the perspectives.

Good mornin' y'all.

First off let me say that I have no clue what the hell is going on with this case. It baffles me. The one thing I know for sure is that a beautiful little girl is no longer alive.

I have no explanation for Casey's actions after the fact -- just like I have no explanation for witness after witness testifying what a great, loving, kind mother she was to Caylee.
How does one go from that for nearly three years to just waking up one day and deciding you are going to murder your child?

I have no explantaions for this family of pathological liars. And they are ALL liars. I think prior media coverage (ie interviews and videos) and legal depositions prove that.

I also have no explantion for meter reader Roy Kronk's actions. I have found his actions suspicious from day one. Testimony from his son and supervisor is going to paint him in a completely different light than the prosecution want though. Of that I'm pretty sure. BUT --- how on earth is the DT gonna tie him to the disposal of the body? Is there a witness coming up that ties he and GA together?

I can't wait to see Cindy Anthony on the stand with Baez. Will the real Cindy come back out? Or will we continue to see this shell of a woman that the pod people have invaded, making her appear soft spoken and demure?

If the prosecution hopes for a DP conviction, they need to step up their game. They've put on witness after witness that have testified to what a good mother Casey was. And each witness has also testified there was absolutely no change in Casey's demeanor nor actions from the time of Caylees birth til after her death.

Did the DT use a page out of Jesse Grund's LE interview where he states if anything every happened to Caylee, Casey would suffer a complete break from reality? Who knows. However if that's where the DT is going with her defense, it would appear the multiple witnesses the State has put on is helping further that defense.

It's a crazy case for sure. I'm glad I'm not sitting on that jury. I can say at this point there is no way I could sentence her with the DP. There's just too many wierd connections, unanswered questions, lies and deceit by too many key players.

Unlike most of you, I have been left with gaping holes and a plethora of questions for 3 years now.

Let's say Casey DID do this:
1) Why would she just let a dead body sit in HER car (that is traceable), bake in the Florida Sun, parked on a main thoroughfare?

2) Why would she finally resolve to bury her dead baby girl's body 1500 feet from her own home?

She may be a liar but she isn't dumb UNLESS we are to believe she wanted to get caught.

Some of you are forgetting a lot of 'small' details.

Cindy 'slipped' up and said on the news that Caylee was not in the woods. This was in September.
Say what?????????? Why would Cindy even THINK Caylee was in the woods??????

George told the impound man that the car was at Amscot for 3 days?
Say what?????????????? How would George even KNOW it was sitting at Amscot for 3 days??????

There is no way in hell they are going to convict Casey based on the Anthony's erratic and suspicious behavior.

Remember also, The Anthony's own attorney QUIT on them as did their spokesman. All within the same week. The spokesman said he didn't like what he learned nor how the Anthony's were behaving.

George has a real bad anger problem. There's a reason he's no longer a detective.
Which brings up THIS point:
What ex-detective tosses out evidence???? (garbage bag in Casey's car)
What's ex-detective doesn't report "decomposition" in his missing daughter's car???
What ex-detective simply drives the car home, rolls down the windows and goes off to work and doesn't phone the police?

If you think all of this is rational behavior (regardless if Casey killed Caylee or not) then you are all dumb-down brainwashed media washing zombies.

Try to erase what you've heard on mainstream media.
The news sensationalizes everything for...ratings! Not for the truth!!! Just remember that.
And the fact that Nancy Grace and the Geraldo Rivera's are reporting/leaning on one side is enough cause to consider that it's bias reporting at best.

In closing I will say, there is NO proof, other than circumstantial evidence suggesting Caylee was killed by Casey.

Casey displayed very disturbing behaviors.
As does her own parents.
This family is very dysfunctional and Casey unfortunately is a bi-product of crazy whacked out parents.

Can you please explain to me what tl/dr stands for?

I'm not too keen on labels.

And I have no clue as to why Casey was doing the things she did. Just like I have no clue why Cindy Anthony was still looking for Zanny the Invisible Nanny until six weeks ago. Nor do I have a clue why a meter reader would make several 911 calls over a 4 or 5 month period inre of a suspicious bag of "something".

Is it possible Casey did have a complete psychotic break from reality? Even while continuing her daily activities like a normal person (ie eating, bathing vs sitting around drooling in a trance). I suppose so.

Is it possible Cindy continued to buy into all of the proven lies of her daughter until six weeks ago? Although there was solid proof from LE that there never was a nanny? I suppose so.

Is it possible that meter reader Roy Kronk was just truly a armchair detective and had the tenacity of a bulldog when it came to his discovery? I suppose so. But I think testimony coming up is going to be a "Hmmm . . ." moment for the jury.

We'll never know what truly happened to Caylee Marie Anthony. It would take someone directly involved to crack under pressure. AND even if Casey did so . . . who would believe a new "truth" after all of her lies?

I, myself, believe Caylee died in the pool. It's the reasoning for the big cover up that baffles me.

Oh, one more thing.

Okay again, let's all agree Casey is a pathological liar. Check. We all concur.
She also made LE look like they were on an episode of the KeyStone Cops with that wild run-around Casey put them on. Do we agree? I think we do.

So.......................why would LE all of a sudden start believing Casey? They wouldn't, right? I mean, they learned to take what she says with a grain of salt.

However, someone, somewhere for some unknown reason felt it necessary to run a paternity test on both her brother and her father!!!!
What kind of family has the FBI even CONSIDER incest?????????
They are certainly not just taking Casey's word on this.

There is more to this story and to this family than you realize or even, giving consideration for.

Oh and by the way, Casey told Jesse Grund back in 2005 of incestuous goings-on LONG before she and Baez conjured up a 'bogus' defense.

The Duct tape is puzzling. If she did die accidently, due to an overdose, why the tape around the mouth? Did the child ride around in that trunk until her head began to part from her torso, so she had to use the tape? I don't know. I am very interested in hearing the Prosecution theory on that. I can understand the heart sticker, but why the tape if it was an accident.

Any ideas on that?

She's very genuine, George continues to be pissed that the defense is trying to turn everything on him. Until he can get passed this anger, he will keep making mistakes. I, in no way, think he was sexually abusing her.

They are her death sentence if you think about it and they have had plenty of time to think about how it may have gone down. At this point, they know she killed the one thing in their lives that made perfect sense, little Caylee. She's their daughter but at this point, they can't possibly give a shit about her.

Forum List

Back