Casey Anthony

YOU are the jury. What's your thoughts so far?

• guilty.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • not guilty.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • undecided.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They are paid to defend her. I think JB thought up the drowning thing and casey went along with it. I also bet it was JB that said "hey, lets say you were molested too" and she went along with that as well. She wants to get off. Period. JB wants the glory of getting her off. Period. But I think he failed because it was a dumb move.

You should go to work at HLN and help out all the other unbalanced reporters. They must be exhausted by now trying to convince everyone that Casey is a wicked woman, period.

You clearly are mentally ill Maggie. Why exactly is it that all you do here is defend the scum sucking maggots of the earth? I bet you thought OJ was innocent too? Yeah, I figured so. LMAO! Doctor must have dropped you on your head eh? People like you should be locked up 24/7 in a straight jacket inside a padded room. No worries though Maggie, You get cable and internet access. You will just have to learn how to type with your toes. :razz: ~BH

:lol::lol:

LOL. Maggie handles you well.

Guilt is a verdict that is determined by a jury. One is not guilty until this occurs.

Hmm. Went to google and found this, Sociopath vs psychopath:

Sociopaths have normal temperaments, and their personality disorder tends to effect their lives regarding parenting, peers, and their intelligence.
Sociopaths can be anyone from your mother, father, best friend, neighbor or even your co-worker, and you would not even realize that they are dealing with this disorder that affects everything in their daily life. Sociopaths go above and beyond themselves to make sure that other people around them have no idea that their life is something other than what it is. More than likely you have met one or two sociopaths in your life and not even realize it.

Psychopaths on the other hand are very flamboyant with how they deal with their disorder. Some famous psychopaths that you might know about are Charles Manson, Richard Ramirez, Theodore Bundy and David Berkowitz. These four men are famous for being some of the most notorious and manipulative serial killers in history. Not all psychopaths are as out there as these four men, however their rage is almost always as intense, it just depends on how they channel it.

Characteristics of a sociopath are as followed :

1. Sociopaths are very charming.
2. Sociopaths can be extremely manipulative and will try to con you whenever possible.
3. Sociopaths feel that they are entitled to everything.
4. Sociopaths will lie continuously to get what they want. They can even sometimes manipulate a lie detector.
5. Sociopaths have no remorse, shame or guilt.
6. Sociopaths will show love and happiness only when it serves their purpose. None of the feelings are genuine.
7. Sociopaths have no room for love in their life.
8. Sociopaths need to have excitement in their lives or live on the edge.
9. Sociopaths have lack of empathy hen their victims suffer pain that they have caused.
10. Sociopaths believe that they are all mightier than tho, there is no concern on how their behavior impacts others.
11. Sociopaths usually have a long history of juvenile delinquency as well as behavior problems.
12. Sociopaths will never take blame for anything they have done to anyone no matter if it is family or friend.
13. Sociopaths have many sexual partners and tend to act out many sexual acts.
14. Sociopaths rarely stay in one place for a long time (home/work).
15. Sociopaths will change themselves if they know it will keep them from being found out.

Characteristics of a psychopath are as followed:

1. Psychopaths use superficial charm to lure their victims.
2. Psychopaths are extremely self-centered.
3. Psychopaths must always do something to keep themselves from boredom.
4. Psychopaths are very deceptive and tend to lie continuously.
5. Psychopaths show no remorse of guilt towards their victims.
6. Psychopaths are very predatory and usually will live off other people.
7. Psychopaths have many sexual partners in their lifetime.
8. Psychopaths are very impulsive with their lifestyle.
9. Psychopaths are always blaming other people for their actions.
10. Psychopaths never have a realistic view of their lives. (king of the world or from another planet)
11. Psychopaths always want psychological gratification in sexual and criminal activities.
12. Psychopaths tend to try suicide, rarely succeeding.

Sociopath Vs. Psychopath: There is a Difference - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

Good research! I went to a workshop in Nashville last year where the difference was explained this way:

The key difference is that the psychopath thinks what he/she is doing is the right thing. Example: 'I beat my wife because it makes her a better person.'

The sociopath knows he/she is doing wrong, but doesn't care. Example: 'I beat my wife at least once a week just for the hell of it.'

Last edited:
They are paid to defend her. I think JB thought up the drowning thing and casey went along with it. I also bet it was JB that said "hey, lets say you were molested too" and she went along with that as well. She wants to get off. Period. JB wants the glory of getting her off. Period. But I think he failed because it was a dumb move.

You should go to work at HLN and help out all the other unbalanced reporters. They must be exhausted by now trying to convince everyone that Casey is a wicked woman, period.

Do not defense attorneys try to get their client cleared? Is not JB a defense attorney? Is he not posing before people outside with a woman on each arm, smiling happily? Will he not get exposure from this case? Isn't it his duty to get his client a Not Guilty verdict and anything goes to achieve that?
I think Casey is a nutbar, yes. But I am still open to what everyone has to say and sometimes utterances I read make me go hmmmmmmm as well. Can you try to just discuss without being so snarky?

I apologize. But I'm going to have to mute the television whenever these news analysts chime in. They make me see red, because they seem to be the only voices out there available for the public to hear, and they're heavily invested in tabloiding Casey to death, literally. So when I see similar comments here, my head explodes.

You clearly are mentally ill Maggie. Why exactly is it that all you do here is defend the scum sucking maggots of the earth? I bet you thought OJ was innocent too? Yeah, I figured so. LMAO! Doctor must have dropped you on your head eh? People like you should be locked up 24/7 in a straight jacket inside a padded room. No worries though Maggie, You get cable and internet access. You will just have to learn how to type with your toes. :razz: ~BH

Oh nooooooo, Mr. Macho Man weighs in with one of his elaborate intellectual critiques. Must...hide...under...covers...
cry_blownose.gif

Ok. The dogs hitting on two spots in the yard. I think they hit two spots because thats where the body was placed while a location was being tested to make a hole. None could be found that would suffice, so the body had to be put back IN the trunk. Dryer sheets were kept in the car to hide the smell.
(How does this woman drive around with the body of her daughter in the trunk beginning to rot?)
She finally decides to wrap the body in the bags, tape for whatever reason, her mouth, then place the sticker. Placed in the woods and that's it. The question is...was it Casey alone, Casey with help (her father)?
Do I think it accidental, the death? Yes. The mess started when she refused to tell it was an accident and tried to cover it up.

Cindy (Mom) put the dryer sheets in the car (her testimony).

Nancy Grace is probably hyperventilating right now, as she prepares for her show tonight. The woman is a Spazz, but right most of the time.

Can the jury use that as an excuse even though JB didn't claim any diminished capacity. Or am I an idiot and he did in a round about way?

I don't care if she is medically speaking insane or not. The punishment should be death imo

eta: This mornings tapes. "Hi, how are you?" cheerful and giggle giggle.
"My heart is aching, I just want to be back with my family" "I just want to get out of here" Each time Caylee is an after thought

Read my earlier post. Just how is someone supposed to act who is behind bars 24/7 and allowed only 3 visits per week? She is cheerful and happy to see them, but you like everyone else seem to imply that she acts cheerful and happy during the entire visitation, when in fact, it lasted all of 15 seconds.
Meh...she's a self serving phoney

Oh, and Dr. Drew is an idiot. He's an internist and the death of Jeff Conaway proved him to be a poser schmuck

I agree. His methods are questionable, even as a go-to "expert" on alcohol/drug addiction. He too is looking for the sensational angles on the Anthony trial. After all, his new show on HLN needs some ratings too.

Ok. The dogs hitting on two spots in the yard. I think they hit two spots because thats where the body was placed while a location was being tested to make a hole. None could be found that would suffice, so the body had to be put back IN the trunk. Dryer sheets were kept in the car to hide the smell.
(How does this woman drive around with the body of her daughter in the trunk beginning to rot?)
She finally decides to wrap the body in the bags, tape for whatever reason, her mouth, then place the sticker. Placed in the woods and that's it. The question is...was it Casey alone, Casey with help (her father)?
Do I think it accidental, the death? Yes. The mess started when she refused to tell it was an accident and tried to cover it up.

You know, this makes sense.
Casey places her little girl's body on the ground, to try and find a spot where she could hurry and bury her.
Then that spot didn't work, so hurry and move her body again, try something new.
All the while, Casey was unware these little doggies have good noses!!

Is that why Dad & Mom decided to concrete over a portion of the yard so they wouldn't try that again?

And here I am thinking again, about the tape.
Maybe the tape was placed on Caylee because Casey thought she was already dead??..or maybe, she saw Caylee in such a near death state, and she went into panic mode, and decided to wrap the tape around her so she could stop her from breathing any longer??
Also, anyone remember the time when Casey's neighbors say they saw her white car backed into the driveway, something she normally never did.
How long after June 16th was that??
Because maybe if Caylee died in the trunk, and Casey rode around with her in the trunk for a few days, the smell was getting bad, then Casey decided to maybe dig a hole in her backyard and bury the little girl.
She did back her car in for some reason and the neighbor also stated Casey asked to borrow a shovel.

As I mentioned before, if a person has drowned, once water has been expunged through the mouth, placing tape over the mouth to prevent any more water from entering the body will hide the fact that the person drowned. That was a statement made by one of the "analysts" in a rare moment of providing alternative possibilities.

Does anyone remember what George testified to as whether or not he saw into the trunk of the car on June 24 2008, when Casey pulled out the missing gas cans?

She's disassociated from reality, but I don't know what the clinical diagnosis is. When the defense begins, they will be questioning at least one psychiatrist on her state of mind, and she was also seeing a prison psychiatrist on a daily basis all during the time she was locked up.

My personal impression is that Stacy at some point developed an alter personality. She is so believable when talking about this Zanny person, I think Casey herself was Zanny (or other invisible babysitters) when she had to be. There were also two other nannies with different names that she mentioned. Her communication was almost exclusively done by texting, not by her own voice, which also raises an identity question for me.

Stacy couldn't deal with the tragic death of her daughter (however it happened), and it may have been the final event that pushed her over the edge, which is when Zanny the Nannie took over and started babysitting. That kept Caylee alive in Stacy's mind.

The name of the condition is Dissociative Identity Disorder. (Not dissAsociative). No doubt she has been tested and diagnosed to the hilt. However, even if this is the case, it would never fly in court. Dissociative Identity Disorder is the old Multiple Personality Disorder. People are tired of it because it sounds so much like 'the devil made me do it.' Even if it were true, I'd never use that defense. It virtually guarantees a conviction.

Thanks for the clarification, but it does seem unfair that this disorder is now apparently dismissed so readily.

Caylee was still either "fresh" or alive when that tape was put on her mouth. Murder. Who did it? That is what the trial is about.
Here's what I think: I think casey fucked up. She accidentally killed caylee. But maybe caylee was not dead. She was comatose maybe. The choloroform did a number on her and casey didnt know HOW to wake her up. Hmm. Opportunity. She won't live anyway, she thinks. How do I explain this to the hospital, to dad and mom? They will say I'm a bad mother. Meanwhile, caylee is not waking up. Stuck. Rock and hard place. What to do. Leave her in trunk and think about it. Thought about it. Ok. Wait til ma and da are gone. Then go to house and bury her cuz she is surely dead since she still won't wake up and she is in the trunk. But when she does get home, or prior to, caylee dies. Bury her in yard. Oops. Can't. Ok. Dump her in sack, tape her mouth, place sticky on tape, throw in ditch.

So why not bury her in some remote place rather than within one mile of the Anthony homestead? And do it long before she stunk up her car? I can poke so many holes in that theory it ain't funny.

Nope. Too many unanswered mysteries. The day and evening of June 15th, Cindy and Caylee had spent the day together with Cindy's father, then later gone for a swim in the pool. Casey allegedly left the house on the morning of June 16th with Caylee and two backpacks (according to George). Casey never returned and her odyssey of living arrangements and lies about Caylee's babysitter began that day. Hmmm...

I am always amazed at the lack of creativity involved in disposing of a body.

Well the allegation that the child traveled around for a month in the trunk is beyond real. A quick trip across the line to Georgia or one of the other bordering southern states and dumping the body somewhere in the vast wilderness of those regions, and she probably never would have been found. Even if Casey was too distraught to do that the first day, surely she could come 'round enough in the next following days to find a better place than a mile away from the Anthony's home.

Hmm. Went to google and found this, Sociopath vs psychopath:

Sociopaths have normal temperaments, and their personality disorder tends to effect their lives regarding parenting, peers, and their intelligence.
Sociopaths can be anyone from your mother, father, best friend, neighbor or even your co-worker, and you would not even realize that they are dealing with this disorder that affects everything in their daily life. Sociopaths go above and beyond themselves to make sure that other people around them have no idea that their life is something other than what it is. More than likely you have met one or two sociopaths in your life and not even realize it.

Psychopaths on the other hand are very flamboyant with how they deal with their disorder. Some famous psychopaths that you might know about are Charles Manson, Richard Ramirez, Theodore Bundy and David Berkowitz. These four men are famous for being some of the most notorious and manipulative serial killers in history. Not all psychopaths are as out there as these four men, however their rage is almost always as intense, it just depends on how they channel it.

Characteristics of a sociopath are as followed :

1. Sociopaths are very charming.
2. Sociopaths can be extremely manipulative and will try to con you whenever possible.
3. Sociopaths feel that they are entitled to everything.
4. Sociopaths will lie continuously to get what they want. They can even sometimes manipulate a lie detector.
5. Sociopaths have no remorse, shame or guilt.
6. Sociopaths will show love and happiness only when it serves their purpose. None of the feelings are genuine.
7. Sociopaths have no room for love in their life.
8. Sociopaths need to have excitement in their lives or live on the edge.
9. Sociopaths have lack of empathy hen their victims suffer pain that they have caused.
10. Sociopaths believe that they are all mightier than tho, there is no concern on how their behavior impacts others.
11. Sociopaths usually have a long history of juvenile delinquency as well as behavior problems.
12. Sociopaths will never take blame for anything they have done to anyone no matter if it is family or friend.
13. Sociopaths have many sexual partners and tend to act out many sexual acts.
14. Sociopaths rarely stay in one place for a long time (home/work).
15. Sociopaths will change themselves if they know it will keep them from being found out.

Characteristics of a psychopath are as followed:

1. Psychopaths use superficial charm to lure their victims.
2. Psychopaths are extremely self-centered.
3. Psychopaths must always do something to keep themselves from boredom.
4. Psychopaths are very deceptive and tend to lie continuously.
5. Psychopaths show no remorse of guilt towards their victims.
6. Psychopaths are very predatory and usually will live off other people.
7. Psychopaths have many sexual partners in their lifetime.
8. Psychopaths are very impulsive with their lifestyle.
9. Psychopaths are always blaming other people for their actions.
10. Psychopaths never have a realistic view of their lives. (king of the world or from another planet)
11. Psychopaths always want psychological gratification in sexual and criminal activities.
12. Psychopaths tend to try suicide, rarely succeeding.

Sociopath Vs. Psychopath: There is a Difference - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

Good research! I went to a workshop in Nashville last year where the difference was explained this way:

The key difference is that the psychopath thinks what he/she is doing is the right thing. Example: 'I beat my wife because it makes her a better person.'

The sociopath knows he/she is doing wrong, but doesn't care. Example: 'I beat my wife at least once a week just for the hell of it.'

And what is the person who chooses both excuses called? (Call me been there...)

Does anyone remember what George testified to as whether or not he saw into the trunk of the car on June 24 2008, when Casey pulled out the missing gas cans?

He said he did not. As I recall his testimony, he followed Cindy back out to her car (after she had stopped by to pick up some clothes), and he at that time mentioned the missing gas cans. Stacy then opened the trunk herself, pulled out the gas cans and threw them at him. If Caylee had been stuffed inside, would she have done that? And why, if Caylee was in the trunk, did she elect to put the gas cans in the trunk anyway? Why not the back seat?

I don't have a lot of time today to dwell on this case, but I wanted to say that all of my previous comments have solely been an attempt to make people see that there a gazillion mysterious situations that went on that have no pat answers. The fact that a legion of "analysts" think they do annoys me to no end.

I don't doubt that Casey played a large part in the child's death, and I have no doubt that she suffers from some form of mental illness (although I have seen no outward signs of sociopathic/psychopathic behavior). She simply has been acting (in the videos) as I would expect anyone in jail would react. She has moments of being happy to see her family members, she has moments of frustration, she shows moments of guilt over the lies she was caught in with the detectives' interrogation, she has moments of fear, she has moments of feeling sorry for herself. Those are ALL emotions that I don't find sociopathic at all. Innocent or guilty, they are human emotions, period.

So far, we have seen no evidence of conflict within the family unit prior to this tragedy, so to automatically slap a convenient label of sociopath or psychopath on her is dumb, in my opinion. She could be suffering from any number of more difficult to grasp psychiatric afflictions. But it's easier just to say she's a crazy woman.

I continue to give Casey the benefit of the doubt that yes, she was involved in the coverup of her child's death, but no, she did NOT intentionally murder her.

I don't recall that. But I have worked with women who have been abused by their fathers. In my own experience with them, they are not close to their mothers because they believe their mothers could have protected them from the abuse and did not. Many of them also do not want their own children alone with the grandparents because of the abuse issues which they fear will be visited on their own children.

Forgive me if it seems I am picking on everything you say, cause I'm not, honestly.
But I was an abused child. I was verbally, emotionally and physically beaten by my Dad (SF)..and when my Mother tried to help, he turned and beat her.
But never one time, not once, did I ever blame my Mother. She loved me more than life itself. We tried to get help, but sadly, there was none back then.
Anyway, my main point is, my Mother and I were/are VERY close!! We shared a bond that made other daughters jealous *smiles*
It was awesome, I miss her...she passed away in 2005, lung cancer.

That is not an unusual scenario with physical abuse. The mother often steps in and is also beaten. But it can take years before she actually leaves the situation.

However, sexual abuse is a different animal. And in all honesty, most of the ones I have worked with the moms DID know about the abuse and did nothing because they were financially dependent on their husbands and/or didn't want to go to work.

You are comparing apples and oranges. And again, you just can't take your own situation and extrapolate it any farther than to yourself. Not only have I worked in this area for 22 years, there is ample research. It's out there. I assure you, I am not talking out of my ass.

If you believe your mother had no choices here, then so be it. Believe that. But women can find something to do to support their families even if it is just cleaning houses. I've seen a lot of those as well, and they have my deepest respect. I legally required to report abuse, but even if I weren't I would report anonymously. There is no way I would EVER tell a woman to stay in an abusive situation, and if the child is being abused physically or sexually, I would (and have) report them to child services. People tell themselves what they need to believe so there are plenty of rationalizations and excuses but no real valid reasons here.

Regarding red--I believe you, I never said you were talking out of your ass. If you say you have 22 years experience, I do believe you know quite a lot. And I'm sure you have helped many. But I have over 11 years of being an abused person, and while you say I am comparing apples to oranges, I'm sorry if it seems that way. But then, they both are fruits, right??

Regarding blue--my Mother and I left my Dad so many times. Have you ever seen the movie starring Farrah Fawcett, called The Burning Bed?? Where he beat her so badly, she ended up killing him. And the Tracey Thurman story, true story too, her husband hunted her down, and she is now partially paralyzed because he knifed her 13 times, in front of police officers.
I know all stories are different. And sexual abuse is different from other forms of abuse. But when you say there is plenty a women can do to support their family, I do agree, but what happens when the man hunts them down, threatening to kill them?? That happened in my life. So I will not allow someone to make me think my Mother did not do everything she thought she possibly could to save us, save me, because she did. She tried desperately. I get so ill in fact if someone tries to bad mouth my Mother or try and make me think like it's all her fault. All I can say is, you didn't live my life, so if you haven't walked in my shoes, then don't be telling me how uncomfortable they are!
Anyway, this thread is about Casey Anthony, so we should direct it back in that direction.

Last edited:
How so? The forensics will simply say the same thing: Homicide. It doesn't say who did it, of course. There are no fingerprints, and no evidence whatsoever indicating it was Casey that did it. Only supposition because she's a loose canon.

She's going to get jail time, I can't see any way out of that.
25 years??...maybe only 15??.....if not life??
No matter to me, because she won't have it very easy in a prison, like she has it in a county jail cell. Things are bound to be much different.
She will be on the list of every woman in the prison.....and Casey, wonder if she will act all tough or be a scared little girl, like her daughter was when she was dying??

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty. They may have written the pleadings to state something like, 'if you can't find her guilty of capital murder, then......' which would involve jail time.

There is a common misconception that child abusers/killers are placed in the general prison population and that they get their just rewards there. That is not the case. Once a child abuser is threatened by another inmate they are put into protective custody within the prison. There are entire units dedicated to this type of protection. And they run amazingly well because child abusers aren't interested in adults. So with only adults on the unit, there is no one to abuse.

That is the same with most death penalty cases, especially the more severe. They try and protect them. Anyone remember Jeffrey Dahmer?? He was supposed to be shielded, protected- somebody ended up slicing his throat in the toilet area.

I just remember him saying something like "Casey acted like she didn't want me to get into the trunk".
But probably not those exact words.

So why not bury her in some remote place rather than within one mile of the Anthony homestead? And do it long before she stunk up her car? I can poke so many holes in that theory it ain't funny.

Nope. Too many unanswered mysteries. The day and evening of June 15th, Cindy and Caylee had spent the day together with Cindy's father, then later gone for a swim in the pool. Casey allegedly left the house on the morning of June 16th with Caylee and two backpacks (according to George). Casey never returned and her odyssey of living arrangements and lies about Caylee's babysitter began that day. Hmmm...

I am always amazed at the lack of creativity involved in disposing of a body.

Well the allegation that the child traveled around for a month in the trunk is beyond real. A quick trip across the line to Georgia or one of the other bordering southern states and dumping the body somewhere in the vast wilderness of those regions, and she probably never would have been found. Even if Casey was too distraught to do that the first day, surely she could come 'round enough in the next following days to find a better place than a mile away from the Anthony's home.

From Orlando to the Georgia state line is not a quick trip.

I don't have a lot of time today to dwell on this case, but I wanted to say that all of my previous comments have solely been an attempt to make people see that there a gazillion mysterious situations that went on that have no pat answers. The fact that a legion of "analysts" think they do annoys me to no end.

I don't doubt that Casey played a large part in the child's death, and I have no doubt that she suffers from some form of mental illness (although I have seen no outward signs of sociopathic/psychopathic behavior). She simply has been acting (in the videos) as I would expect anyone in jail would react. She has moments of being happy to see her family members, she has moments of frustration, she shows moments of guilt over the lies she was caught in with the detectives' interrogation, she has moments of fear, she has moments of feeling sorry for herself. Those are ALL emotions that I don't find sociopathic at all. Innocent or guilty, they are human emotions, period.

So far, we have seen no evidence of conflict within the family unit prior to this tragedy, so to automatically slap a convenient label of sociopath or psychopath on her is dumb, in my opinion. She could be suffering from any number of more difficult to grasp psychiatric afflictions. But it's easier just to say she's a crazy woman.

I continue to give Casey the benefit of the doubt that yes, she was involved in the coverup of her child's death, but no, she did NOT intentionally murder her.

Maggie, as I've said before, I agree with this red sentence. I never thought the little girl's death was intentional. But I sure would like to know what happened.

Forum List

Back