Catholic Salvation Plan

Turzovka, I'm saved by the blood, I don't want prayers of an unbeliever.

You are also the biggest coward on this board. Merriweather and others can attest to that.

Don't worry, since you have no interest in actual discourse I will not be bothering you. Go play your fool's game. You are a noisy gong and you are not doing the Lord a good service. (imo) No wonder no one listens to Christians when they have haughty blowhards like you in their face.

the thing that disturbs me is dying in a state of grace vs a state of sin. The Bible says we are all sinners- that is the point.

LIKE I SAID- pick just ONE thing you think is false- we will debate it. Like I said; shouldn't be too hard, so who is the coward? DEFEND YOUR RELIGION.:dev2::dev2:

how are they ignorant hate sites? Why not take one thing from any of those articles and tell me why it is false? Shouldn't be hard to do, right?

Not going down that rabbit hole, Ninja. When I teach math, I don't teach why 2+2 does not equal five, three, or twenty-two. I teach 2+2=4. To do it the other way wastes time and only causes confusion.

I recommend that you ask a question about Catholicism that interests you--and then instead of telling Catholics what they think, let Catholics inform you of what they believe and why they believe it. Then why not respond with what you believe and why you believe it? This makes for good discussion. Everyone exchanging true information about their beliefs instead of someone telling people what they "really" believe.

LIKE I SAID- pick just ONE thing you think is false- we will debate it. Like I said; shouldn't be too hard, so who is the coward? DEFEND YOUR RELIGION.:dev2::dev2:

Catholicism needs no defense. But I am sure there are any number of us who would be happy to explain it to you accurately. Then you will understand why it needs no defense. :smile:

Meri- It's not what you believe or do not believe. These things are in the Catechism for anyone who wants to see. They are extra-biblical teachings that many times do not line up with Scripture.

I know Mer, me and you have gone over some of these things on another board:), but lets go over one by one your/the RCC Catechism/my and the Bible's position on some of these things like Praying to the dead, Mary and Immaculate Conception, purgatory and the sacraments to name a few. Pick one of those- give your understanding of one and we will discuss. Other Catholics please jump in as well as others who are not.

as a catholic, i'll pray for ninja's soul and his enlightenment

Last edited:
Meri- It's not what you believe or do not believe. These things are in the Catechism for anyone who wants to see. They are extra-biblical teachings that many times do not line up with Scripture.
And everything that is in the catechism has a biblical base. It is then supported by tradition and/or the Apostles or very early Church Fathers.

I know Mer, me and you have gone over some of these things on another board:), but lets go over one by one your/the RCC Catechism/my and the Bible's position on some of these things like Praying to the dead, Mary and Immaculate Conception, purgatory and the sacraments to name a few. Pick one of those- give your understanding of one and we will discuss. Other Catholics please jump in as well as others who are not.

Acceptable. I choose to start with Sacraments because all are based on Christ's life, actions, and teachings. Which one are you saying has nothing to do with Christ's life, actions, and teachings?

And everything that is in the catechism has a biblical base. It is then supported by tradition and/or the Apostles or very early Church Fathers.

I disagree. Verses are taken out of context again and again. The interpretation is faulty.

Acceptable. I choose to start with Sacraments because all are based on Christ's life, actions, and teachings. Which one are you saying has nothing to do with Christ's life, actions, and teachings?

Lets start with the Eucharist.

I disagree. Verses are taken out of context again and again. The interpretation is faulty.
you are entitled to that opinion.

First you said there was no Biblical basis. When I point out there is, you change to, "Well, they're there, but the interpretation is faulty." Whose interpretation? Who corrected the original interpretation and when? Basically your argument seems to be, "Your interpretation comes from the first and second century, while my interpretation comes from the sixteenth century. Since I have the later interpretation, it follows mine is correct." And I think such reasoning is faulty. I understand fifteen hundred years later people came up with new interpretations...I follow the earlier ones. It's as simple as that.

First you said there was no Biblical basis. When I point out there is, you change to, "Well, they're there, but the interpretation is faulty." Whose interpretation? Who corrected the original interpretation and when? Basically your argument seems to be, "Your interpretation comes from the first and second century, while my interpretation comes from the sixteenth century. Since I have the later interpretation, it follows mine is correct." And I think such reasoning is faulty. I understand fifteen hundred years later people came up with new interpretations...I follow the earlier ones. It's as simple as that.

and they are "correct", because why?

Forum List

Back