Catholic Salvation Plan

The Jews required that flesh for eating have no blood in it. Therefore this discounts that the wine is real blood.

Keep in mind, Jesus said that those who eat his bread will never hunger and it is his flesh and he who eats it will live forever.

The Jews required that flesh for eating have no blood in it. Therefore this discounts that the wine is real blood.

Keep in mind, Jesus said that those who eat his bread will never hunger and it is his flesh and he who eats it will live forever.
I follow what Jesus said, not what Jews said. What Jesus said is correct.

Meri, The passage starts off with Jesus saying He is the bread of life using symbolism for Jesus is not real literal bread. Then, you believe Jesus suddenly changes the subject to transubstantiation. (literal) “I am this Living Bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this Bread, he will live forever; and also the bread that I shall give for the life of the world is My flesh”.

So, the first part is symbolism and the second part is literal? You can’t use symbolic language and then switch to literal language that looks like symbolic without warning.

Meri, The passage starts off with Jesus saying He is the bread of life using symbolism for Jesus is not real literal bread. Then, you believe Jesus suddenly changes the subject to transubstantiation. (literal) “I am this Living Bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this Bread, he will live forever; and also the bread that I shall give for the life of the world is My flesh”.

So, the first part is symbolism and the second part is literal? You can’t use symbolic language and then switch to literal language that looks like symbolic without warning.

As you know, you left out huge chunks of the passage. Do you believe Jesus came down from heaven? The Jews thought he was born of Mary and Joseph. And he was. But did he come down from heaven? Can you have that both ways?

Yes, I believe Jesus said he came down from heaven, that in fact he did come from down from heaven, and that his flesh is true food and his blood is true drink, just as he said later in the passage.

You are not required to believe this, Ninja, as you are not Catholic. I am simply noting my belief--which explains why I am Catholic.

Forum List

Back