Cheers!

Good morning, everyone.........I hate my hair when I first get it cut....it'll take about a week for me to get used to it!

th

Hello all.

I'm a little bummed today. Just a little.

First....it's too warm here for me to start a fire. I want to start a fire and cozy up with the lovely wife when she gets home. But I have the windows open and the fans on. Not the same.

At the same time......I have been forced to call three clients with profuse apologies for not meeting their delivery deadline. Why? Because the stuff I sold them was made in Buffalo!!!! My supplier couldn't ship anything for tw whole days.

Well....it's Friday...and I have plenty of vodka, vermouth and bleu cheese stuffed olives. It ain't all bad.

Hello all.

First....it's too warm here for me to start a fire. I want to start a fire and cozy up with the lovely wife when she gets home. But I have the windows open and the fans on. Not the same.

At the same time......I have been forced to call three clients with profuse apologies for not meeting their delivery deadline. Why? Because the stuff I sold them was made in Buffalo!!!! My supplier couldn't ship anything for tw whole days.

Well....it's Friday...and I have plenty of vodka, vermouth and bleu cheese stuffed olives. It ain't all bad.

I'm sure your clients will understand....everyone has heard about Buffalo.....poor people that live there stuck under all that snow!

Hello all.

I'm sure your clients will understand....everyone has heard about Buffalo.....poor people that live there stuck under all that snow!

They will forgive me. But.....I'm going to have to upgrade their x-mas gifts.

Of course....my supplier will probably do the same for me. Que sera, sera.

It looks like the nutters don't come here often.

I suggest we give a free drink to anyone who can tell the bar about a lie that a USMB nutter has told.

I'll begin.

Zander claims to be a multi-millionaire.

Weeeeeeeeee!

It's pouring down rain right now. Weather forecasts said we only had a 20% today and 50% tomorrow......I imagine tomorrow will be 100%..:)

It looks like the nutters don't come here often.

I suggest we give a free drink to anyone who can tell the bar about a lie that a USMB nutter has told.

I'll begin.

Zander claims to be a multi-millionaire.

Weeeeeeeeee!

Well, you can be anything you want on the internet.....dreamers can dream..........:)

Hello all.

In January 1976 I ordered a car to be shipped from Detroit to Rolla, Mo. The car was loaded on a train in late January. The train cars sat in the yards because of the terrible winter and was delivered in the middle of April. And Detroit was only about 650 miles away.

Woohoo.....it's raining again this morning. My front yard has large puddles....

Hope it's not raining tonight when we go to our Bunco Xmas Party......:)

Productive day.

Hit the local Bass Pro Shop and Office Depot. Got about half of my Christmas shopping done. Good deals.......long before Black Friday.

Under Armour ( my biggest regret is not buying into them years ago ) has a new line of cold weather gear. Pricey....but I want my family to be warm. We are going to be HOT!!

I also bought several of these cool little portable water filters. Each will clean 100,000 gallons of water. They can be screwed onto any standard water bottle. Fresh water anywhere! And......with each purchase.....one is sent to a kid somewhere. Nice bonus.

If anyone needs a Bluetooth speaker...Office Depot is selling a Monster brand $200 unit for $50 on clearance. Get em' while they exist.

Last edited:
Woohoo.....it's raining again this morning. My front yard has large puddles....

Hope it's not raining tonight when we go to our Bunco Xmas Party......:)

Bunco?

I think I've explained Bunco several times. It's a game played with dice....three of them. There are clubs, I've been in them ever since I can remember.....all women, and some couples. The standard is 12 to a club. We meet each month, the hostess prepares dinner for us. We have three tables, four women to a table. We all draw cards that have the table # and your partner #. Like, Table 1, Couple 1, Table 1, Couple 2....you get the picture. Table 1 is the head table and the winning partners remain there and continue to play together. The losers from Table 1 have to go to the end, Table 3 and they no longer play together, they each play with a loser from Table 2.

The winners from Table 3 move to Table 2 and switch partners like above. The winners from Table 2 go to Table 1 but they play together against the winners that remained.

The idea of the game is to throw the most "sixes" - when you throw three of them at one time, it's called a Bunco. Players at each table keep track of the number of sixes each pair threw, the partners with the most sixes win. A bunco counts double, so if you throw a bunco, your team gets 6 points instead of just 3. We also keep track of how many buncos each individual throws...at the end, the person with the most Buncos wins the main prize, the person with the most games wins 2nd prize, the person with the 2nd most games wins 3rd prize. We also have a boobie prize for the one with the least games, and a Consolation, each player throws the 3 dice and the one with the highest number wins consolation. It's really easy and fun and we catch up on what's going on....

Oh, I forgot to mention, when you throw a bunco you have to be quick and grab the dice. If the opposition gets two of them, they get the points, you get to count the Bunco for yourself, though.

Ever have something just escape your attention for a long time?

I Heart Radio is like Pandora without ads. You can give it the name of an artist....and it will "create" a custom station for you.

I didn't realize that until a few days ago. I've now got a steady stream of Neil Young, Clapton and Mountain on my Bluetooth "network".

Progress.

Forum List

Back