Chris Christie: Rand Paul ‘dangerous’

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is ripping libertarians — including Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) — for challenging government surveillance programs and failing to understand the dangers of terrorism.

“This strain of libertarianism that’s going through parties right now and making big headlines I think is a very dangerous thought,” the New Jersey GOP governor said on Thursday at a Republican governors forum in Aspen, Colo. “You can name any number of people and (Paul is) one of them.”

Chris Christie: Rand Paul ?dangerous? - Hadas Gold - POLITICO.com

Then Christie confirms what we've known all along, that the Bush and Obama foreign policies are identical.

“President Obama has done nothing to change the policies of the Bush administration in the war on terrorism. And I mean practically nothing,” he said. “And you know why? Cause they work.”

As for whether they work, well, that's another story. Arming rebels, destabilizing governments, and installing puppet regimes has certainly worked out so well for us in the past. :rolleyes:

“If Governor Christie believes the constitutional rights and the privacy of all Americans is ‘esoteric,’ he either needs a new dictionary, or he needs to talk to more Americans, because a great number of them are concerned about the dramatic overreach of our government in recent years,” Paul senior adviser Doug Stafford told The Washington Times.

Rand Paul to Chris Christie: You need to talk to more real Americans - Washington Times

I have to say though that the attacks on Rand from all these horrible people is really a feather in his cap. Hopefully he realizes that his appeasement policy towards neocons has been an utter failure, and can reverse some of the positions he's taken as a result.

Chris Christie is not exactly representative of republicans so what he says is not likely to affect the decisions of republicans one way or the other. Christie is addressing democrats who are sick of Papa Doc obama.

I think we need some "Dangerous" people in Washington. Because if politicians are scared of someone, that usually means they are doing a good job.

Well, so much for that Christie/Paul ticket, huh?

Christie may have a big enough personality to marginalize the more libertarian wing of the party for '016. Should be another entertaining primary season, we'll see if the GOP candidates once again manage to damage each other so badly that any Dem candidate can win going away.

Well, so much for that Christie/Paul ticket, huh?

Christie may have a big enough personality to marginalize the more libertarian wing of the party for '016. Should be another entertaining primary season, we'll see if the GOP candidates once again manage to damage each other so badly that any Dem candidate can win going away.

Even if the repukes don't, the media will do it's damnest.

Forum List

Back