Christie: He is 'His Own Man'

He should be his own man and follow his own set of values. They are not my values though and they are divergent enough so that I would not vote for him. I like him. No doubt about it. As a friend, as an individual, he is admirable. As a representative, I'm afraid not. He is an obamalover. Nothing can change that.

Anybody who does not hate Obama is an obamalover.

Got it.

He is an obamalover. Nothing can change that.

I think you mean nothing can change your blockheaded mind once you have drunk the piss.

October 2010:
Chris Christie Tells Brian Williams He's 'Disappointed' in Obama's Partisanship

May 2012:
Chris Christie Criticizes Obama For 'Posing And Preening' As President

October 2012 (from The Blaze, no less):
CHRISTIE UNLEASHED: IF OBAMA CAN’T CHANGE WASHINGTON FROM THE INSIDE, ‘WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING ASKING FOR ANOTHER FOUR YEARS?’

January 2013:
Christie criticizes Obama's inauguration speech as 'my way or the highway'

June 2013:
While Standing on Dry Land Thanks to Obama, Christie Criticizes President’s Leadership

July 2013:
Chris Christie Slams Obama

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loF6k8hVJME]Chris Christie Criticizes Obama, Asks Why the 'Hell' He's Asking for Another Fou - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOQfKiiu_gs]Christie Criticizes Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Are you trying to pretend the Christie hug didn't happen? Did Christie's praise for obama after Sandy not occur?

When Christie wanted republican votes, he was critical, when he was pandering he was obama's best friend. He's an obamalover.

I think you mean nothing can change your blockheaded mind once you have drunk the piss.

October 2010:

May 2012:

CHRISTIE UNLEASHED: IF OBAMA CAN’T CHANGE WASHINGTON FROM THE INSIDE, ‘WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING ASKING FOR ANOTHER FOUR YEARS?’

January 2013:

June 2013:
While Standing on Dry Land Thanks to Obama, Christie Criticizes President’s Leadership

July 2013:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loF6k8hVJME]Chris Christie Criticizes Obama, Asks Why the 'Hell' He's Asking for Another Fou - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOQfKiiu_gs]Christie Criticizes Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Are you trying to pretend the Christie hug didn't happen? Did Christie's praise for obama after Sandy not occur?

When Christie wanted republican votes, he was critical, when he was pandering he was obama's best friend. He's an obamalover.

Look, when Sandy happened, and the president was there, do you think Christie's first thought was "Do I put my hand on this guy's shoulder or not?" He was talking to him and getting his attention! "I need help up here, lots of it and now!"

I'm not going to care where his arm was at that point. You shouldn't either.

"Christie"
(Misty) Ray Stevens version

Look at me
I'm hopeless 'cause I made myself a pariah
Ah, I'm walkin' on the Jersey shore
They can't understand, Messiah
I'm Christie, holdin' your hand

Walk my way
And a thousand talkin' heads begin to say
He wobbles like a bowl of jello
But that's music I hear, Messiah
I'm Christie, bringin' up your rear

They can say that you're leadin' me on
But it's just what I want you to do
Don't ya notice how hopelessly I'm lost
That's why I'm followin' you

Ooh, on my own
Should I wander through this Nirvanaland alone, now
Never knowin' my right wing from my left
Killin' the very thing I love, Messiah
I'm Christie, and just like Courtney Love

They can say that you're leadin' me on
But it's just what I want you to do
Don't ya notice how hopelessly I'm lost
That's why I'm followin' you

Ooh, on my own
Should I wander through this Nirvanaland alone, now
Never knowin' my right wing from my left
Killin' the only thing I love, Messiah
I'm Chrisie, and just like Courtney Love

(Christie) killin' the only thing I love
(Christie) killin' the only thing I love
(Christie)
(Christie) killin' the only thing I love...

October 2010:

May 2012:

January 2013:

June 2013:

July 2013:

If a person is able to find a positive moment with the opposition, that means they LOVE them? Even if they criticize them far more often.

Jesus Christ, you are getting dumber by the second. You are the very definition of an intolerant asshole.

He should be his own man and follow his own set of values. They are not my values though and they are divergent enough so that I would not vote for him. I like him. No doubt about it. As a friend, as an individual, he is admirable. As a representative, I'm afraid not. He is an obamalover. Nothing can change that.

Anybody who does not hate Obama is an obamalover.

Got it.

Not quite. Anyone who does not hate Obama with every breath, every waking moment, but most importantly who does not defend manufactured bullshit against Obama, is an Obamalover.

I have to follow Christie more to be totally convinced I am a supporter. But I hear him and like what I hear.

You say he is a bad idea for the GOP. I am wondering if the GOP is a bad idea for him. That goes for the Dems as well, naturally. He appears to be "I am my own man" type of person, not falling into the mold of either party. He goes where there is a need and his common sense and sense of fairness to all will dictate his policy.

Maybe I am giving him too much credit, I don't know. But if that is the kind of guy he is, he is the kind of guy we need right now. Not beholden to either side, but a pragmatic individual who will talk WITH someone, not AT them.

Not like what we have today. We need to hear from those in New Jersey. What has he been like there? Has he kept his promises?

Like all politicians Christie has pros and cons. Like RW said he can be abrasive and a bully at times. He can also laugh at himself. He stands up for what he believes is right but he isn't a diehard ideologue. He has made some good decisions and some bad ones as governor. But the reason he was reelected was because he showed character, compassion and leadership in a crisis. So in my opinion he would make a great GOP candidate and if elected probably an average POTUS. He will end up at loggerheads with Congress and that will cost him until he learns to play nicely. Fortunately he is smart enough to learn quickly and things will get done. So with the checks and balances in place he will probably end up doing more good than harm overall.

All of the above makes the assumption that he makes it through the primaries and the vetting process. So far he hasn't had much in the way of vetting but the Romney campaign didn't like what they saw.

Given what we do know about Christie at present I would be happy if he was #45 in the Oval office.

I probably should have said it this way...Christie is a Barack Obama/Hillary Clinton in Republican's clothing. How could any self-respecting Republican trust this guy? I don't get it.

Stop being a "self respecting" party first Rep.

Vote with your head.

Christie would make a damned fine POTUS. He's a guy who doesn't give shit one what anythinks of him and he's smart enough to work with others.

Jeeze. So glad I left the GOP decades ago. Others should do the same.

Vote with your head.

Christie would make a damned fine POTUS. He's a guy who doesn't give shit one what anythinks of him and he's smart enough to work with others.

When I hear "RINO" now, I think of it in a positive way... someone who can think on his own.

Vote with your head.

You will not vote for Chris Christie if he runs for President. And that's because you're the one who is actually a Party-Firster. You'll vote for whoever the Democratic Party spits out at ya. Like i said, Christie is just a Barack Obama/Hillary Clinton in Republican's clothing. I wouldn't trust em as far i could throw em.

I probably should have said it this way...Christie is a Barack Obama/Hillary Clinton in Republican's clothing. How could any self-respecting Republican trust this guy? I don't get it.

Pauli, I have been listening to a lot of his speeches and the overriding theme is levelheadedness and honesty. When he talks to someone that is a combatant, he comes out and says things honestly. You may not like what he says or agree with it, but he says it like it is.

So. NO, he is not like Obama or Clinton...the direct opposite. I don't know how he stands on many issues and that would take a back seat to character for me.

He would not directly affect many issues the way our present leader has. I think Christie would allow us to go back to the three branches of government with the checks and balances again...unlike Obama with his dictatorial approach and his EO's.

Care to define exactly what "self-respecting Republican" entails? And please spare us the lofty self praise. Right now the GOP has a serious negative image problem. Christie has a positive image. If all of the "self-respecting Republicans" were more like Christie this nation would have an effective government that was working for the people of this nation. Right now it is being held hostage by a bunch of self absorbed ideologues who don't understand how government works.

Pauli, I have been listening to a lot of his speeches and the overriding theme is levelheadedness and honesty. When he talks to someone that is a combatant, he comes out and says things honestly. You may not like what he says or agree with it, but he says it like it is.

So. NO, he is not like Obama or Clinton...the direct opposite. I don't know how he stands on many issues and that would take a back seat to character for me.

He would not directly affect many issues the way our present leader has. I think Christie would allow us to go back to the three branches of government with the checks and balances again...unlike Obama with his dictatorial approach and his EO's.

I appreciate your optimism. I really do. But there are no discernible differences between Christie and Barack Obama/Hillary Clinton. He's just another John Roberts. He can never be trusted.

Vote with your head.

You will not vote for Chris Christie if he runs for President. And that's because you're the one who is actually a Party-Firster. You'll vote for whoever the Democratic Party spits out at ya. Like i said, Christie is just a Barack Obama/Hillary Clinton in Republican's clothing. I wouldn't trust em as far i could throw em.

Sorry to disappoint but I'm a registered Indi. The last time I voted for a Dem for POTUS was Carter. The worst mistake I ever made. One that I've never forgotten.

I like Christie and because I'm not a card carrying blinders on Rep I would vote for him as POTUS.

When I vote, I vote for the guy I think will do the job better than anyone else.

To bad you can't say the same.

I have to follow Christie more to be totally convinced I am a supporter. But I hear him and like what I hear.

You say he is a bad idea for the GOP. I am wondering if the GOP is a bad idea for him. That goes for the Dems as well, naturally. He appears to be "I am my own man" type of person, not falling into the mold of either party. He goes where there is a need and his common sense and sense of fairness to all will dictate his policy.

Maybe I am giving him too much credit, I don't know. But if that is the kind of guy he is, he is the kind of guy we need right now. Not beholden to either side, but a pragmatic individual who will talk WITH someone, not AT them.

Not like what we have today. We need to hear from those in New Jersey. What has he been like there? Has he kept his promises?

Like all politicians Christie has pros and cons. Like RW said he can be abrasive and a bully at times. He can also laugh at himself. He stands up for what he believes is right but he isn't a diehard ideologue. He has made some good decisions and some bad ones as governor. But the reason he was reelected was because he showed character, compassion and leadership in a crisis. So in my opinion he would make a great GOP candidate and if elected probably an average POTUS. He will end up at loggerheads with Congress and that will cost him until he learns to play nicely. Fortunately he is smart enough to learn quickly and things will get done. So with the checks and balances in place he will probably end up doing more good than harm overall.

All of the above makes the assumption that he makes it through the primaries and the vetting process. So far he hasn't had much in the way of vetting but the Romney campaign didn't like what they saw.

Given what we do know about Christie at present I would be happy if he was #45 in the Oval office.

I suspect they didn't like what they saw because it would show up the candidate by comparison.

I mean.... Paul Ryan. That says it all.

Vote with your head.

Sorry to disappoint but I'm a registered Indi. The last time I voted for a Dem for POTUS was Carter. The worst mistake I ever made. One that I've never forgotten.

I like Christie and because I'm not a card carrying blinders on Rep I would vote for him as POTUS.

When I vote, I vote for the guy I think will do the job better than anyone else.

To bad you can't say the same.

My bad. I can admit it when i'm wrong. We'll see who you vote for. If we're both still here, we'll discuss it. But that doesn't change my stance on Christie. He's exactly what's wrong with our Nation. Corrupt and duplicitous. How is he any different than Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton? But hey, it's your vote. I certainly can't tell you who to vote for.

Forum List

Back