Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

If a 12 year old can shoot and kill a deer...or his classmates as we've seen....then why should we assume he cant kill a cop?

The gun looked identical to a real gun. The 12 year old male was fully capable of pulling the trigger and using the gun.

We find out afterwards its a fake gun.

Tragic. But cops did nothing wrong.

Those of you who want cops to try tasers vs being faced with a gun....go sign the fuck up and YOU risk death to be nice to the person with a gun....or who tried to take yours.
We did not find out AFTERWARDS that the gun was fake. The 911 operator was told TWICE that the gun was fake.
If a 12 year old can shoot and kill a deer...or his classmates as we've seen....then why should we assume he cant kill a cop?

The gun looked identical to a real gun. The 12 year old male was fully capable of pulling the trigger and using the gun.

Those of you who want cops to try tasers vs being faced with a gun....go sign the fuck up and YOU risk death to be nice to the person with a gun....or who tried to take yours.
We did not find out AFTERWARDS that the gun was fake. The 911 operator was told TWICE that the gun was fake.

Here's quote from the OP link >>

"The caller said twice that the gun was “probably fake.”

So even if the officers knew what the caller had said, they still had no confirmation of the gun being fake. So they went into this call with the notion that this gun might be real. So then, you have a gamble. You can assume it's real and shoot the kid if he goes for the gun, or you can assume it's fake, and get yourself killed, if the gun turns out to be real.

I carry a gun (with a concealed weapon license) and I can tell you that when the stakes are my life, I'm not gambling. If the stakes were something less than that, maybe.

So even if the officers knew what the caller had said, they still had no confirmation of the gun being fake. So they went into this call with the notion that this gun might be real. So then, you have a gamble. You can assume it's real and shoot the kid if he goes for the gun, or you can assume it's fake, and get yourself killed, if the gun turns out to be real.

I carry a gun (with a concealed weapon license) and I can tell you that when the stakes are my life, I'm not gambling. If the stakes were something less than that, maybe.
Can you imagine a resolution without deadly force?

Nosmo, have you ever been a police officer? If not , kindly shut the fuck up.

Do you know that you idiotic liberals are the reason most police do NOT have access to non lethals? Too many complaints so off the line they went. Now it's straight to the firearms.

And yes, SOP is if a suspect reaches for what you reasonably believe is a real weapon you shoot. The age/gender/sex/race of the suspect is immaterial.

Do you know that you idiotic liberals are the reason most police do NOT have access to non lethals? Too many complaints so off the line they went. Now it's straight to the firearms.

And yes, SOP is if a suspect reaches for what you reasonably believe is a real weapon you shoot. The age/gender/sex/race of the suspect is immaterial.
If it's so black and white (no pun intended), is the price of innocent lives lost and an erosion of the public's trust of law enforcement worth it? Especially when there are non-lethal responses are technically viable? Is it not worth discussing as an alternative, or do you accept the lives of the innocent and the loss of support from the community?

If it's so black and white (no pun intended), is the price of innocent lives lost and an erosion of the public's trust of law enforcement worth it? Especially when there are non-lethal responses are technically viable? Is it not worth discussing as an alternative, or do you accept the lives of the innocent and the loss of support from the community?

I accept that sometimes tragic choices have dire consequences.

Am I happy about a 12 year old boy being shot by the police? Hell no. But there were so many bad choices made here, that you can hardly say "bad cop" for doing what they are trained to do.

Let's start with this, who removed the orange tip of that gun to make it look more realistic?

Am I happy about a 12 year old boy being shot by the police? Hell no. But there were so many bad choices made here, that you can hardly say "bad cop" for doing what they are trained to do.

Let's start with this, who removed the orange tip of that gun to make it look more realistic?
Is that who you want to blame?

Is that who you want to blame?

Certainly, I'd start with the kid's parents.

There's no excuse for what happened in Cleveland. The cops had the chance to taze him. They could have shot the child in the leg or arm.

Those of you rejoicing in that baby's death, I hope you find yourself in his shoes - or his parents' - during your next incarnation.

There's no excuse for what happened in Cleveland. The cops had the chance to taze him. They could have shot the child in the leg or arm.

Those of you rejoicing in that baby's death, I hope you find yourself in his shoes - or his parents' - during your next incarnation.

Once again, for the terminally slow; most agencies are getting away from using non lethals, they don't even make them available to officers.

Also, a tazer can be quite deadly to a small child.

As for shooting the child in the leg or the arm :rofl: shut the fuck up

If it was a BB gun it was not required to have an orange tip
Why BB guns are not required to have orange tips WDTN

Of it was a BB gun it was not required to have an orange tip

Oh I see, so cops should put up with being shot by BB guns.... That's your logic

Here's an idea , how about stupid ass n!ggers start teaching their children to stop terrorizing people? DUH!

Once again, for the terminally slow; most agencies are getting away from using non lethals, they don't even make them available to officers.

They could have shot the gun right out of his hand. They do it on tv all the time. Tv wouldn't lie to us.

Oh I see, so cops should put up with being shot by BB guns.... That's your logic

Here's an idea , how about stupid ass n!ggers start teaching their children to stop terrorizing people? DUH!

Just stating that BB guns are not required to have an orange tip.... thought it might be informative and nothing more.
Can't help what you read into the post;

Not if cops are presented with a realistic gun, which the suspect is reaching for. I'd say NO. How about you ?

A cop being shot by a BB or another dead kid. That's the bargain you want to make?

And why not tamp down the racism, it makes you look vapid. What about the health and safety of 12 year old kids when faced by police?

They could have shot the gun right out of his hand. They do it on tv all the time. Tv wouldn't lie to us.
Don't be surprised if they start agreeing with that.

A cop being shot by a BB or another dead kid. That's the bargain you want to make?

And why not tamp down the racism, it makes you look vapid. What about the health and safety of 12 year old kids when faced by police?

Have you seen some of the BB guns out there? Very realistic looking. No , I won't ask a LEO to risk himself just in case it was a BB gun.

Forum List

Back