Clueless Today Show Liberals Try to Trap Trump On Torture Issue

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Did anybody see the Today show this morning, when Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie tried to play "GOTCHA" with Donald Trump ? While Trump was explaining his view of the Brussels bombings, and the lack of security that Belgium has fallen into (at a time when they need it the most), these 2 clueless progressives kept trying to divert him away from his perspective, and steer him into "admitting" that he would approve of torture of terrorists.

HA HA. It was kind of funny to see them struggle to even say the word. Eventually, they did get Trump to say that he was in favor of using waterboarding, and "whatever it would take" to get vital information from terrorists. The interesting part of this rather bizarre encounter, is that the Today show hosts seem to think that they had forced a confession out of Trump, regarding something they perceive as wrong, that he would support.

Their problem (which I wonder if even now, they know they had a problem) is that their view of torturing terrorists as wrong (and I suppose maybe reading them Miranda rights instead) is not in tune with the sympathies of the American people. National Security has emerged as a top concern of Americans , far above granting US civil rights to foreign terrorists whom we are at war with, if Americans regard that as an issue at all.

And one of the reasons why Trump is being so successful (even among some Democrats and Independents) is because of this very tough position on fighting enemies we are at war with. Maybe these 2 naive liberals ought to have interviewed my ex-Army National Guard battalion commander, Lt. Colonel Shea, who when asked how he would deal with his enemies, he responded, "In the Army, how we deal with our enemies can be summed up in 3 simple words. We kill them."

Right now clueless liberals all over America are quite likely celebrating what (in their detached mindset) they perceive as a victory over Trump, while yet another issue has been stated by Trump quite well in harmony with the views of the American people. The following links/polls show terrorism as Extremely Important to 74% of the American people.

Economy Trumps Foreign Affairs as Key 2016 Election Issue

Whats the Top Issue for 2016? Depends Where You Look - US News

They absolutely do, and Hillary Clinton was at work this morning doing just that by again condemning the use of torture, showing she either has no brain to assess what has been occuring, or doesn't care. I just heard that while Trump was being interviewed by Today show lost-in-the-woods liberals, who were saying all the wrong things , while Trump was saying ALL the right things, another TV show (Good Morning America) was interviewing Hillary Clinton. Predictably, she said all the wrong things, condemning torture, and backing the ban of it, as the French and Belgians did, which we have seen the grisly results of.

Had the French and Belgians (and the Obama administration) used torture, they all might have prevented the now numerous terrorist attacks they allowed to happen. Just another important reason to vote in the upcoming election, for Trump or Cruz, and stop Hillary from imposing more idiotic pro-jihadist madness upon us.

Trump has already said he'd force the military to violate their oath and the Geneva conventions. That stance is pretty well known, I don't know why it needs to be discussed further.

Liberals would rather clean up the body parts of 10,000 innocent people rather than offend 1 innocent Muslim.

They absolutely do, and Hillary Clinton was at work this morning doing just that by again condemning the use of torture, showing she either has no brain to assess what has been occuring, or doesn't care. I just heard that while Trump was being interviewed by Today show lost-in-the-woods liberals, who were saying all the wrong things , while Trump was saying ALL the right things, another TV show (Good Morning America) was interviewing Hillary Clinton. Predictably, she said all the wrong things, condemning torture, and backing the ban of it, as the French and Belgians did, which we have seen the grisly results of.

Had the French and Belgians (and the Obama administration) used torture, they all might have prevented the now numerous terrorist attacks they allowed to happen. Just another important reason to vote in the upcoming election, for Trump or Cruz, and stop Hillary from imposing more idiotic pro-jihadist madness upon us.
Interestingly enough, the French know how to roll up terrorist organizations. They did it to OAS, didn't they?

Trump has already said he'd force the military to violate their oath and the Geneva conventions. That stance is pretty well known, I don't know why it needs to be discussed further.

Because the O/P is like most righties here....the 24 hour news cycle is the best they can do.

Did anybody see the Today show this morning, when Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie tried to play "GOTCHA" with Donald Trump ?
TMW2016-03-23color.png

Is this really the best you've got?
Why not Dick Cheney or L. Paul Bremer III?
What would Ike say?

Hypothetical case:
Three terrorists manage to smuggle in a nuke and place it in one of our major cities. Our homeland security captures one of the terrorist on an unrelated matter while he/she is traveling across country. During interrogation, he/she brags that very soon a million of you infidels will die as they have planted a nuke in one of your cities and will be detonating it soon. This individual has traveled to several cities, so you don't know which one it is. He's traveled to New York City, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Boston and Chicago. Some family members you care a great deal about reside in a couple of those cities, however, for security sake, you cannot be contacting them on this issue, so as to not create a panic. Beyond finding out that these are the cities he has been to, you know nothing more.
Your choices:
1. You could aggressively ask questions.
2. You could aggressively ask questions and do a little waterboarding.
3. You could inflict enough continual pain on the terrorist that he repeatedly screams for the pain to stop, to which you deny him/her reprieve from the pain unless he/she agrees to inform you as to where to locate the nuke.
Result:
1. Going with the first, you lose a million or more people for sure.
2. Going with the second, you most likely lose the million or more people.
3. You just may get him/her to confess. No guarantee, however, you at least gave a serious attempt to extract critical information and save those lives.
If you chose one or two and a city worth of citizens was destroyed, all because you failed to do all you could to find out where that nuke was and the surviving family members heard that you "chose to maintain the high ground" and not torture the terrorist for information, you can bet that those surviving family members would drag you out of your place of safety and hang you; I know that I would.

The Geneva convention can go suck on a tree stump. First thing Trump needs to do is get us out of all that world horseshit.

What would Ike say?
We KNOW what Ike already said >> Operation Wetback. And when Trump takes over, we'll have Operation Wetback II.
With or without torture?
Patton, Bradley, and Eisenhower Watch Torture Demonstration - NA001068 - Rights Managed - Stock Photo - Corbis
Am I correct in assuming you are planning to vote for another rich bitch draft-dodger for commander-in-chief?

What would Ike say?
We KNOW what Ike already said >> Operation Wetback. And when Trump takes over, we'll have Operation Wetback II.
With or without torture?
Patton, Bradley, and Eisenhower Watch Torture Demonstration - NA001068 - Rights Managed - Stock Photo - Corbis
Am I correct in assuming you are planning to vote for another rich bitch draft-dodger for commander-in-chief?
Do I detect some bitterness?

You guys have watched way too many movies!

Geneva convention laws will not change!

LOAC will still be enforced, For those of you not familiar with that Law of armed Conflict, you disobey that you go to jail.

Now the bush admin used torture technics with some bullshit excuse made about by lawyers that the CIA used. It was wrong and it was a war crime. CIA already said they will not do that again. Military will be charged and were charged for crimes in Iraq and Afganistan.

If Trump gets elected, how about you enlist and show your support for a blatant fascist. And torture and kill little kids and women to your hearts content. Trump will have your back, just like he is going to pay those legal fees for his supporters.

I doubt any of you will enlist or become commissioned. Because you are cowards. Don't worry guys we will take care of it honorably, and if you do enlist or commission I will gladly haul your asses to the brig if you do attempt any violation that will put to shame our military heritage and constitution.

Lmao I am starting to think that trumpism is a mental disease only right wing religious nuts catch. Good thing some of us are immune to it.

LOAC will still be enforced, For those of you not familiar with that Law of armed Conflict, you disobey that you go to jail.

Now the bush admin used torture technics with some bullshit excuse made about by lawyers that the CIA used. It was wrong and it was a war crime. CIA already said they will not do that again. Military will be charged and were charged for crimes in Iraq and Afganistan.

If Trump gets elected, how about you enlist and show your support for a blatant fascist. And torture and kill little kids and women to your hearts content. Trump will have your back, just like he is going to pay those legal fees for his supporters.

I doubt any of you will enlist or become commissioned. Because you are cowards. Don't worry guys we will take care of it honorably, and if you do enlist or commission I will gladly haul your asses to the brig if you do attempt any violation that will put to shame our military heritage and constitution.

Lmao I am starting to think that trumpism is a mental disease only right wing religious nuts catch. Good thing some of us are immune to it.
If you sound like a REMF you are probably one....

You have liberal disease. I was in Iraq for 3 months last summer + 5 days in Afghanistan. I served 2 years in the US Army (have DD 214) + 4 more years in the Army National Guard. How about if YOU enlist ?

As for the torture laws maybe Obama will abide by them (which part of the reason we have all the terrorism that we do), and maybe he won't take ISIS on, but Trump will do all these things. It will be the end of the UN and other foreigners telling us what to do. The ones who are shaming our military heritage and constitution are Obama, Hillary, and all their Muslim Brotherhood colleagues who are running our nation into the ground. If you don't know who they are, it means you've been absorbing too much liberal (OMISSION) media, and not enough Conservative, making you information-deprived. You probably think Huma Abedin ought to be Vice-President. Gag!

When did he say he would force the armed services to violate their oath, or the Geneva Convention?

Forum List

Back