CNN Anchor: ‘Our Rights Do Not Come From God’

That is the tricky part......isn't it.....that is what all the chatter about religion is about.....and I think Christianity and Judaism are the correct ones because they create the most good for humanity....without a doubt.....so I'll back them against the others.....
Best of all the lies.

Why not choose none of the above?

Actually, however, the CNN anchor is in famous company for believing that our rights do not come from God, so he should take heart. After all, Joseph Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Vladimir Lenin, and Adolf Hitler likewise rejected the idea that we have God-given rights, and look how famous they are and how influential they were.

Actually, however, the CNN anchor is in famous company for believing that our rights do not come from God, so he should take heart. After all, Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedung, Vladimir Lenin, and Adolf Hitler likewise rejected the idea that we have God-given rights, and look how famous they are.
Where's the Rabbi when you need him? Poisoning the Well or Argumentum ad hominem. ad hominem - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Actually, however, the CNN anchor is in famous company for believing that our rights do not come from God, so he should take heart. After all, Joseph Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Vladimir Lenin, and Adolf Hitler likewise rejected the idea that we have God-given rights, and look how famous they are and how influential they were.
Is that your slogan? "We may be bad but things would be worse without us?"

th
Tell that to the Native Americans and African slaves who were not permitted by those Men to have those same rights framed above. So they can use the "Creator" all they want but somehow they thought that God's rights didn't apply to the aforementioned people.

Unfortunately, in order to form the Republic, certain concessions had to be made, Slavery was the major concession,,,, BUT 700,000+ MEN lost their lives during the Civil War to rectify that and bring Freedom to all.... but a black racist isn't smart enough to understand that sacrifice...or perhaps, it' just doesn't fit his agenda!

Tell that to the Native Americans and African slaves who were not permitted by those Men to have those same rights framed above. So they can use the "Creator" all they want but somehow they thought that God's rights didn't apply to the aforementioned people.

Unfortunately, in order to form the Republic, certain concessions had to be made, Slavery was the major concession,,,, BUT 700,000+ MEN lost their lives during the Civil War to rectify that and bring Freedom to all.... but a black racist isn't smart enough to understand that sacrifice...or perhaps, it' just doesn't fit his agenda!
That's a crock of shit, see the "Black Codes", Jim Crow, and other de jure and de facto laws and mores that very much limited those "freedoms". According to some people (Griffith) the South wasn't fighting for slavery.

That's a crock of shit, see the "Black Codes", Jim Crow, and other de jure and de facto laws and mores that very much limited those "freedoms". According to some people (Griffith) the South wasn't fighting for slavery.

Jim Crow, a DemocRAT invention, always democRATS limiting freedom, Some people say that the South was fighting for slavery...let's ask someone that took part in that war.....:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Christianity could have spoke up a lot sooner.

How many churches in the deep south took money from slave owners who made their money on the backs of slaves? The churches said nothing. They have blood on their hands.
But but but the Christians freed the slaves, from the other Christians who owned the slaves.

again....those who held slaves were in violation of the teachings of Jesus and he 10 Commandments.....though shalt not steal....though shalt not covet thy neighbors goods......

Therefore the hypocrisy, which is what I've already mentioned. The people who break the rules are in the vast majority over the entire history of this ridiculous religion. All religions are ridiculous, though.

Not hypocrisy...Sin....they are breaking Gods law...because they are human and failing.....yes..it is far harder to do what is right than to do what one feels,like doing....isn't that atheist doctrine....do what feels good...since you have only you to be held accountable to...

Do you think people before moses knew it was wrong to kill? So we don't need religion to know right from wrong.

Actually, no.....why would they think it was wrong to kill if they weren't the ones being killed....seems like they killed lots of people quite freely before the 10 Commandments said it was wrong.......slavery....rape.......people were quite horrible to each other before God made things more clear on how he wanted us to behave....look at the primitive societies before Christianity came.......human sacrifice, slavery.....all kinds of bad things....now look at us today....a lot better than it was...thanks to Christian and Jewish teachings.....

How many churches in the deep south took money from slave owners who made their money on the backs of slaves? The churches said nothing. They have blood on their hands.
But but but the Christians freed the slaves, from the other Christians who owned the slaves.

again....those who held slaves were in violation of the teachings of Jesus and he 10 Commandments.....though shalt not steal....though shalt not covet thy neighbors goods......

What about a religion that doesn't oppose slavery?

you mean Islam? They aren't following Gods law.....Though shalt not steal....
Thou shall not steal iraqs oil. Funny we talk about all the people Saddam killed but then how many did bush kill?

In retrospect maybe Saddam was killing members of Isis back then. God I miss that guy. Also I miss Kim Jung il Castro and that guy in Venezuela. What was his name? Danny glovers boy? Chavez? God those guys were great. I also miss makmood amadenishad in Iran. I hear he might run again.

Yeah...not seeing all that oil we are supposedly stealing......and we didn't kill innocent Iraqis unless they got caught in the middle of fighting the bad guys....who hid among the innocent Iraqis....in violation of the rules of war....

Do you guys ever check your moral compasses....because yours is seriously broken......time to get it replaced....

As to slavery.....some say Christians democrats in the south used the bible to justify slavery......for sure there were Christian Republicans in the North who fought to free the slaves....based on the teachings of Jesus and the 10 Commandments.....

Guess which side won that war....and who probably had a little help.....

I think God helps us when we really need the help.........

As to slavery.....some say Christians democrats in the south used the bible to justify slavery......for sure there were Christian Republicans in the North who fought to free the slaves....based on the teachings of Jesus and the 10 Commandments.....

Hardly a good thought, since he certainly didn't help the Jews.

I guess you didn't see that movie with Charleton Heston...or the new one with Christian Bale........? They certainly didn't get out of Egypt on their own....or without hollywood special effects......

I guess you didn't see that movie with Charleton Heston...or the new one with Christian Bale........? They certainly didn't get out of Egypt on their own....or without hollywood special effects......
So glad that Hollywood does your thinking for you...

It does the thinking of a lot of lefties....just ask the fans of michael moore movies.....

It does the thinking of a lot of lefties....just ask the fans of michael moore movies.....
Can't say as I know of any, or care. Shouldn't you be off watching American Sniper, for the third time?

Can't say as I know of any, or care. Shouldn't you be off watching American Sniper, for the third time?

Haven't seen it yet.....I like to cheat hollywood so I wait for netflix or redbox or cable........once it's on cable I'll tune in as I graze channels........

Shouldn't you be reading Das Capital for the 4th time....or Mein Kampf......

Haven't seen it yet.....I like to cheat hollywood so I wait for netflix or redbox or cable........once it's on cable I'll tune in as I graze channels........

Just what capitalism needs, another free-rider. Better jump in or they'll never make Rambo X - the slaughter of all Sand *******.

Therefore the hypocrisy, which is what I've already mentioned. The people who break the rules are in the vast majority over the entire history of this ridiculous religion. All religions are ridiculous, though.

Yes...teaching and expecting people to obey the Ten Commandments with the rules about not murdering people or stealing...and doing as Jesus taught to love your neighbors......as opposed to the atheist doctrine of murdering 100 million people.....yeah...I see your point.....
All atheism is a disbelief in your god. We don't claim god doesnt exist. We just don't buy your bibles or take them as evidence or proof your god exists.

Do you believe what the Muslims say? Then you know how we feel about you.

actually that depends on the atheism...or the agnosticism....that you believe.....but you do follow the laws and traditions that have made our country great....from JudeoChristian beliefs.....

Just what capitalism needs, another free-rider. Better jump in or they'll never make Rambo X - the slaughter of all Sand *******.

Why is it you libs always go to the racism.......and I will point out I don't free ride...I just watch cheap....redbox, netflix or cable...that isn't free riding..........I'll leave that to the democrats and other lefties...and atheists.....

Forum List

Back