Coffee causes climate change

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017

Story by Jing Pa
It has been estimated that nearly 3-in-4 Americans drink coffee every day. However, did you know that your morning cup of Joe may also have repercussions for the environment?

The topic came up during a panel discussion at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. Speaker Hubert Keller highlighted a crucial yet often overlooked issue for coffee drinkers.

“Every time we drink coffee, we are basically putting CO2 into the atmosphere,” Keller stated.

Keller, who is a senior managing partner at Swiss private bank Lombard Odier Group, provided a quantification of this environmental impact.

“The coffee that we all drink emits between 15 and 20 tons of CO2 per ton of coffee, so we should all know that,” he remarked.

Comment:
The fact is that almost everything that we do produces CO2.
The Radical Left and the Enviromental Extremists are using climate change fear to control everything that people do.
They are an Orwellian nightmare come true.
They will make all of humanity their slaves if dumb people keep electing these dangerous Far Left Psychos.
Climate Change is about Radical Left power.
Notice that the WEF elites don't do their meetings using a conference call.

climatechangehoaxhypocrtitshhdjhd.png

Coffee plants reduce atmospheric co2. And unlike annual food crops they 'green' the earth all year round. Coffee is also processed and packaged very simply unlike most other processed foods.

Story by Jing Pa
It has been estimated that nearly 3-in-4 Americans drink coffee every day. However, did you know that your morning cup of Joe may also have repercussions for the environment?

The topic came up during a panel discussion at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. Speaker Hubert Keller highlighted a crucial yet often overlooked issue for coffee drinkers.

“Every time we drink coffee, we are basically putting CO2 into the atmosphere,” Keller stated.

Keller, who is a senior managing partner at Swiss private bank Lombard Odier Group, provided a quantification of this environmental impact.

“The coffee that we all drink emits between 15 and 20 tons of CO2 per ton of coffee, so we should all know that,” he remarked.

Comment:
The Radical Left and the Enviromental Extremists are using climate change fear to control everything that people do.
They will make all of humanity their slaves if dumb people keep electing these dangerous Far Left Psychos.

View attachment 981051
It's worse for the people (basically slave labor) who grow and do the first part of the processing than it is for the atmosphere.

It's worse for the people (basically slave labor) who grow and do the first part of the processing than it is for the atmosphere.
Thanks for the nudge. I've just ordered some fair-trade coffee. If I like it I'll buy more. From what I've read the conditions for coffee workers are horrible.

14 bucks from Amazon.

1721581203118.png

Last edited:

Story by Jing Pa

Comment:

View attachment 981051
To live is to consume. If consuming is wrong, so is living.

Anything that can be used to discredit climate change science is going to be popular on this board.

They seem to need to reinforce their denialist feelings in their own minds?

Living (breathing) causes CO2.

Outlaw ......er......uh......wait.
On a serious note, Biden wanted to ban gas stoves awhile back. Biden wanted everyone to drive an EV by 2030. Biden wanted to do anything for his Green Deal. And all for what?

We're all going to die eventually.

I hate when the Government tries to tell me what I should drink/eat and drive! That borderlines Dictatorship! Hitler tried that. Stalin did it for awhile and Mao pretty much killed off a third of his population.

Let us live! Even if we're gonna die (soon)!

Coffee grounds in landfills produces useful methane gas, which if captured reduces fossil fuel use.

I have a very small carbon footprint, so I get a pass. :) Same with my gas guzzler. It sits in my driveway most of the time, gathering cobwebs.

Good for you. I think we should do more to encourage natural CO2 capture.

However, it should be voluntary. I don't need Greta Thunberg telling me what to do.

On a serious note, Biden wanted to ban gas stoves awhile back. Biden wanted everyone to drive an EV by 2030. Biden wanted to do anything for his Green Deal. And all for what?

We're all going to die eventually.

I hate when the Government tries to tell me what I should drink/eat and drive! That borderlines Dictatorship! Hitler tried that. Stalin did it for awhile and Mao pretty much killed off a third of his population.

Let us live! Even if we're gonna die (soon)!
True. No one gives a shit about anything anyway, so eat, drink, and be Mary (or Larry).

Forum List

Back