College says 9/11 memorial posters offensive to Muslim students

Not me. I was fascinated. I was thinking the whole time, "how did Dubya fuck this one up"

You were "fascinated" watching 3,000 AMERICANS DIE, African?
Yep. It was unreal to me that the US was so arrogant in their assumption this could not possibly happen. I mean what the fuck made them think these people were not going to retaliate?
Yeah, we should all know Muslims will murder millions if given the chance.
If you dont fuck with them they wont fuck with you. Thats pretty universal for all humans. Well some of them.
Yeah, Islam has no record of conquest via violence.

You are one dumbass extraordinaire.

Not me. I was fascinated. I was thinking the whole time, "how did Dubya fuck this one up"

Yep. It was unreal to me that the US was so arrogant in their assumption this could not possibly happen. I mean what the fuck made them think these people were not going to retaliate?
If you dont fuck with them they wont fuck with you. Thats pretty universal for all humans. Well some of them.

Someone had to save europe from going back to the stone age. If not for Islam you would still be afraid to take a bath.

Someone had to save europe from going back to the stone age. If not for Islam you would still be afraid to take a bath.
If it wasn’t for Islam millions would be alive living in peace.

Bullshit, the poster still says nothing about Islam or any other religion. And did you notice that YAF said RADICAL Islam?
Surely you realize that to most of the bigots there is no difference - hell they were physically attacking Sikhs based on nothing more than the turbans they wear reminded them of Bin Laden.

You cannot rely on people who are that stupid to not cause harm to others.

Yes, I realize that to most bigots there is no difference. The thing is, there's nothing here to suggest that the group that put up the poster are bigots. Unless you're suggesting that their advising us to never forget these terrorist acts is bigotry.

The poster doesn't say anything about any religion.
Bullshit. Its all about Islam.

“Just as remembrances of horrific events carried out in the name of Nazism or Communism include honoring other victims of those ideological treacheries, so does the remembrance of the attacks carried out by radical Islamists on September 11, 2001,”
-YAF

Bullshit, the poster still says nothing about Islam or any other religion. And did you notice that YAF said RADICAL Islam?
Are you stupid or is someone paying you to appear stupid? Islam is a religion dummy and I got the quote from the article.

Islam is the religion, not radical Islam or Islamic terrorism. That's the distinction and is what the poster addresses.
Thats what I said. Islam is the religion. Using adjectives doesnt change that point.

If that's true then their use of the distinction "radical Islam" has no meaning and would in fact mean that these terrorist acts might as well have been committed by everyday Muslims. Is that what you're saying?

Do you see what you and others here are doing? The poster did not make this about religion or Islam, you did.

This fool ghostrider claimed he never mentioned Islam.

Wrong. I said the poster doesn't say anything about religion.

Surely you realize that to most of the bigots there is no difference - hell they were physically attacking Sikhs based on nothing more than the turbans they wear reminded them of Bin Laden.

Yes, I realize that to most bigots there is no difference. The thing is, there's nothing here to suggest that the group that put up the poster are bigots. Unless you're suggesting that their advising us to never forget these terrorist acts is bigotry.
If they were truly against terrorists they would have had mostly white christian males pictured. Its kind of obvious from their comments and their portrayal that they are focusing on terrorists that are Islamic.

Bullshit. Its all about Islam.

“Just as remembrances of horrific events carried out in the name of Nazism or Communism include honoring other victims of those ideological treacheries, so does the remembrance of the attacks carried out by radical Islamists on September 11, 2001,”
-YAF

Are you stupid or is someone paying you to appear stupid? Islam is a religion dummy and I got the quote from the article.

Islam is the religion, not radical Islam or Islamic terrorism. That's the distinction and is what the poster addresses.
Thats what I said. Islam is the religion. Using adjectives doesnt change that point.

If that's true then their use of the distinction "radical Islam" has no meaning and would in fact mean that these terrorist acts might as well have been committed by everyday Muslims. Is that what you're saying?

Do you see what you and others here are doing? The poster did not make this about religion or Islam, you did.

Of course it has a meaning. It means "Islam is a bad religion". The fact that some terrorists in the eyes of americans are in fact Muslims doesnt change much. To others they are patriots to their countries. Kind of depends on who is doing the labeling.

Of course the poster made it about Muslims. Thats why every single picture had a Muslim in it.

If they were truly against terrorists they would have had mostly white christian males pictured. Its kind of obvious from their comments and their portrayal that they are focusing on terrorists that are Islamic.

Irrelevant. You said that to a bigot there is no difference but it has not been established that the YAF are bigots. Also, the YAF obviously understands that there is a difference between Islam and radical Islam. Hence the term "radical Islam" in the quote.

I understand that there is a difference between the two and so does the YAF. The question is, do you know the difference?

Of course it has a meaning. It means "Islam is a bad religion".

Not because you say so.

The fact that some terrorists in the eyes of americans are in fact Muslims doesnt change much. To others they are patriots to their countries. Kind of depends on who is doing the labeling.

If one of your loved ones was killed in a radical Muslim terror attack, what label would you put on it?

Of course the poster made it about Muslims. Thats why every single picture had a Muslim in it.

Every picture had a Muslim terrorist in it.

Ummm you do know it wasn’t Dogmaphobe who flew a plane into the Twin Towers, right? :itsok:

I do have to admit, Tilly, that oldlady often surprises me with the sheer breadth and scope of that which she does not know.

I think we should at least allow for the possibility that she does think it was me instead of Islamists.

No one is going to forget 9/11, but why would the Young Americans create a poster that does nothing but show Muslim terror attacks and says "Never forget?"
What is their purpose with that?
I don't think it is to peacefully co-exist with the millions of Muslims living in this country or opening our doors to them when their homes are blown to pieces.
unthinking people like you will be the death of us all someday.
No, we will save us, what's left of us once you wolf packs are done tearing up as many of the humans on this planet as you can get your fangs into.
Who is the "us" to whom you refer? I assume you must mean your fellow authoritarians who share your deep hatred of freedom of speech and antipathy for all those capable of thinking for themselves.

Good attempt at turnspeak, though, by trying to turn ME into one tearing up people when I am the only one of the two of us who is opposing just that.
I asked what the purpose of the poster was, reminding everyone that there are millions of Muslims peacefully living in the U.S. today. You said my attitude would be the death of "us."
In what way will my attitude be the death of us?
Instead of just throwing out useless names, answer the question.

[

Your combination of ignorance, lack or reason, ultra-conformity, thoughtlessness and complete authoritarianism in deference to an ideology inimical to our way of life, that's what. Good grief, all you prattling fools are little more than trained organ grinder's monkeys the way you respond as conditioned to respond.

If a group produced a poster objecting to Westboro Baptist, would you all run around pulling out your hair while bleating in unison",,,,but the Christians. What about all the Christians? We can't allow that! We have to stamp that out because of the Christians! We need to eliminate such opinions, we need to force people to never express these opinions!! We need to be sensitive to Christians by never allowing such thoughts to see the light of day!!" No, of course not.

Damn, I never thought I'd live to see the day when objecting to terrorism and the Islamist ideology driving it would be assailed instead of the conduct and ideology.

What the fuck is WRONG with you idiots, anyway?

[

Your combination of ignorance, lack or reason, ultra-conformity, thoughtlessness and complete authoritarianism in deference to an ideology inimical to our way of life, that's what. Good grief, all you prattling fools are little more than trained organ grinder's monkeys the way you respond as conditioned to respond.

If a group produced a poster objecting to Westboro Baptist, would you all run around pulling out your hair while bleating in unison",,,,but the Christians. What about all the Christians? We can't allow that! We have to stamp that out because of the Christians! We need to eliminate such opinions, we need to force people to never express these opinions!! We need to be sensitive to Christians by never allowing such thoughts to see the light of day!!" No, of course not.

Damn, I never thought I'd live to see the day when objecting to terrorism and the Islamist ideology driving it would be assailed instead of the conduct and ideology.

Your combination of ignorance, lack or reason, ultra-conformity, thoughtlessness and complete authoritarianism in deference to an ideology inimical to our way of life,
I see more name calling, but no explanations of how my attitude to co-exist with the billion or so Muslims in the world is going to be the death of us all.

We have an FBI, intelligence services and military to protect us from terrorists. There is no reason I can think of why average citizens like you and I need to be stirring up suspicion and hate for our neighbors in places like colleges campuses or anywhere else.

[

Your combination of ignorance, lack or reason, ultra-conformity, thoughtlessness and complete authoritarianism in deference to an ideology inimical to our way of life,
I see more name calling, but no explanations of how my attitude to co-exist with the billion or so Muslims in the world is going to be the death of us all.

We have an FBI, intelligence services and military to protect us from terrorists. There is no reason I can think of why average citizens like you and I need to be stirring up suspicion and hate for our neighbors in places like colleges campuses or anywhere else.

I may be going way out on a limb here but it seems to me that those committing terrorist acts are the ones stirring up suspicion and hate.

Let me ask you and everyone here criticizing the poster a question: If this were a poster like the one below, by your reasoning, could we not say that this image stirs up suspicion and hate against police officers?

Carson-Ellis.jpg

[

I may be going way out on a limb here but it seems to me that those committing terrorist acts are the ones stirring up suspicion and hate.

Let me ask you and everyone here criticizing the poster a question: If this were a poster like the one below, by your reasoning, could we not say that this image stirs up suspicion and hate against police officers?

View attachment 213995
I think your limb broke.

You okay?

Forum List

Back