Communist California to require Solar Panels on all new homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get the double standard.

When marginal and corporate tax rates get slashed I don't hear conservatives say that THAT is tax payer subsidized, nope thats government letting coporations and rich people keep more of their money to invest in the economy.

Well here is government, letting me keep more of money and I'm spending it into economy.

When marginal and corporate tax rates get slashed I don't hear conservatives say that THAT is tax payer subsidized,

Only because cutting rates isn't a subsidy.

Subsidy: money given as part of the cost of something to help or encourage it to happen:

subsidy Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary

What part of I DID NOT GET ANY MONEY for my solar panels do you not get? The only thing I got was reduction in taxes I own on my property and income.
As a credit............correct...................hmmmm...........a deduction is one thing ............a credit is another...........you do understand the difference now don't you...................

What is the difference as it relates to someone having or not having to pay for my solar system?

How would it be different if I used a marginal rate tax-cut to pay for my solar??

There is clearly special pleading going on.

How would it be different if I used a marginal rate tax-cut to pay for my solar??

Everyone gets a rate cut, no special behavior needed.

Only buyers of solar cells get the solar cell tax credit........subsidy.

No NOT EVERYONE, top marginal tax rate applies only to top income braket.

ONLY coporations get corporate tax-cuts.

How the fuck is producing 100% of electricity I use from solar energy, not usefull?

How much was your bill before? How much is your bill today?

Stupid much?

Don't be so hard on yourself. Just because you don't understand economics doesn't make you stupid.

And how come this is the very first time you got all concerned about WHAT tax-cut is spent on?

I'm not concerned what you spend your tax cut on.......a subsidy is another matter.

Bullshit, the only benefit I got from government was a reduction in my tax liability (tax-cut)

Try again?
You mean TAX CREDIT................Gives you a nice return now doesn't it.

Just like Child Tax Credits do unless you are above a certain income. Either way it helped pay for the system. Tax payers paid for it.

Solar can't make it with out subsidies...............

Oh. I'm sorry ........you were saying how great Solar power is...........

When marginal and corporate tax rates get slashed I don't hear conservatives say that THAT is tax payer subsidized, nope thats government letting coporations and rich people keep more of their money to invest in the economy.

Well here is government, letting me keep more of money and I'm spending it into economy.
It's done because the Solar industry can't stand on it's own because of the prices. While prices are coming down they are still not cost effective. In California the rates are much higher than my State........because we use EVIL FOSSIL FUELS.

Fossil fuels are subsidized as well, I guess that means that industry can't stand on it's own. :rolleys:

You show me any energy source and I'll show you a history of subsidies.

Big money is spent on preventing blackouts and solar power production is IDEALY suited to help the system in that aspect because the power production shoots up with AC energy demand.

Fossil fuels are subsidized as well

Liar.

Just like Child Tax Credits do unless you are above a certain income. Either way it helped pay for the system. Tax payers paid for it.

When marginal and corporate tax rates get slashed I don't hear conservatives say that THAT is tax payer subsidized,

Subsidy: money given as part of the cost of something to help or encourage it to happen:

What part of I DID NOT GET ANY MONEY for my solar panels do you not get?

The only thing I got was reduction in taxes I own on my property and income, which lowered my effective tax-rates.

You didn't get a bigger refund / smaller tax bill because of a government subsidy intended to encourage the purchase of solar panels? Are you sure?

The only thing I got was reduction in taxes I own on my property and income

I agree, you only got a subsidy. Glad you cleared that up.

I paid less of MY MONEY to government, or are you saying it is NOT my money?

Pick one and go with it from here on out.

I paid less of MY MONEY to government,

Your solar subsidy reduced your tax bill.

What part of I DID NOT GET ANY MONEY for my solar panels do you not get? The only thing I got was reduction in taxes I own on my property and income.
As a credit............correct...................hmmmm...........a deduction is one thing ............a credit is another...........you do understand the difference now don't you...................

What is the difference as it relates to someone having or not having to pay for my solar system?

No NOT EVERYONE, top marginal tax applies only to top income braket.

No NOT EVERYONE, top marginal tax applies only to top income braket.

Ummm....the recent tax cut didn't just reduce the top bracket.

The only thing I got was reduction in taxes I own on my property and income, which lowered my effective tax-rates.

You didn't get a bigger refund / smaller tax bill because of a government subsidy intended to encourage the purchase of solar panels? Are you sure?

So did a tax-cut. Is it or is not my money that government lets me keep in both instances?

How the fuck is producing 100% of electricity I use from solar energy, not usefull?

Stupid much?

Don't be so hard on yourself. Just because you don't understand economics doesn't make you stupid.

And how come this is the very first time you got all concerned about WHAT tax-cut is spent on?

I'm not concerned what you spend your tax cut on.......a subsidy is another matter.

Bullshit, the only benefit I got from government was a reduction in my tax liability (tax-cut)

Try again?

It's done because the Solar industry can't stand on it's own because of the prices. While prices are coming down they are still not cost effective. In California the rates are much higher than my State........because we use EVIL FOSSIL FUELS.

Fossil fuels are subsidized as well, I guess that means that industry can't stand on it's own. :rolleys:

Big money is spent on preventing blackouts and solar power production is IDEALY suited to help the system in that aspect because the power production shoots up with AC energy demand.
Your renewables are pie in the sky...

upload_2018-5-12_21-35-38.png

Here's how your tax bracket will change in 2018

Try again?

Liar.

A new report shows that the US government provided about $6 billion annually in financial support to the oil, gas, and coal industries between 2013 and 2015. That's over four times the amount that went to clean energy, which received $1.3 billion.

Oil, gas, and coal industries get a shocking amount of funding from the US government, a new report shows

+1, California wants to be on the top of the electrical revolution , which is Great

Yes, they'll be broke but they'll be number one in something! :D

And we know how well that has worked out for Germany!

If your solar panels are so great why don’t you tree hungers keep them to yourselves?
I already know the answer... It’s a control thing right?
You fucking control freaks can’t help yourself can you...

So did a tax-cut. Is it or is not my money that government lets me keep in both instances?

So did a tax-cut.

You mean the tax cut that didn't require buying any solar cells? Yup. That tax cut wasn't a subsidy.

Is it or is not my money that government lets me keep in both instances?

The solar subsidy allowed you to keep more of your own money. Because it was a subsidy.
And because you bought solar cells.

+1, California wants to be on the top of the electrical revolution , which is Great

The United Kingdom Broke 13 Renewable Energy Records In 2017
www.greenmatters.com/renewables/.../united-kingdom-renewable-energy-records-201...
Dec 28, 2017 - The United Kingdom has been setting records in solar energy production throughout the year. It's no surprise to see that the area's power ...
Germany Breaks A Solar Record — Gets 85% Of Electricity From ...
Germany Breaks A Solar Record — Gets 85% Of Electricity From Renewables | CleanTechnica...
May 8, 2017 - On April 30, Germany established a new national record for renewable energy use. Part of that day (during the long May 1 weekend), 85% of all ...
Renewable Energy in the U.S. Broke Energy Records for the First Time
Renewable Energy in the U.S. Broke Energy Records for the First Time...
Jun 15, 2017 - Renewable energy sources, particularly solar and wind, have broken records in the U.S. electricity market. According to a report by the EIA, ...
Solar so good: 13 impressive green energy records broken ... - City AM
www.cityam.com/.../2017-record-year-green-energy-uk-heres-13-broken-wind-solar
Dec 28, 2017 - 2017 was a record year for green energy in the UK: Here's 13 broken by wind, solar, carbon and hydro. Share. Lynsey Barber. I'm City A.M.'s ..

Liar.

A new report shows that the US government provided about $6 billion annually in financial support to the oil, gas, and coal industries between 2013 and 2015. That's over four times the amount that went to clean energy, which received $1.3 billion.

Oil, gas, and coal industries get a shocking amount of funding from the US government, a new report shows

Thanks for the link.
Shockingly, they didn't give any specifics.
Try again?

View attachment 193302

:rolleyes: Do you seriously not get that tax-cuts are subject to umber of factors and there are always plenty of relative winnners and losers?

If I get my income as pass-through form my bussiness I get tax-cuts that regular income is not subject to, If I live in certain states SALT deduciton limits will hurt me more etc. etc. etc.

SO the question is how would me buying solar power with THAT tax-cutting any different as far as someone else paying for my solar.

How the fuck is producing 100% of electricity I use from solar energy, not usefull? Stupid much?

And how come this is the very first time you got all concerned about WHAT tax-cut is spent on? Smells like straw grasping.

Stupid much?

Try again?

Our rates are higher from Kemper Power Plant which was the experiment to new Clean Coal technology. Trying to get around Obama's EPA regulations and his attempt to KILL COAL.................SKYROCKET ring a bell...........

People in California pay nearly 20 cents per kwh..........we pay a little under 12 cents.............And we don't have a MANDATORY $50 a month added on by the State either.......to pay the bills of others who can't afford your high ass prices.

Why people leave your State..................
Yes, prices on solar are coming down much faster than expected due to better manufacturing techniques, better technology and increased volume. As sales continue to rise prices will continue to fall.

Energy subsidies are as old as this country. Back in 1789, leaders of the new nation slapped a tariff on the sale of British coal slipped into U.S. ports as ship ballast.

The first 15 years of government support, are critical to developing new technologies. Oil and gas subsidies, including tax breaks and government spending, were about five times as much as aid to renewables during their first 15 years of development; nuclear received 10 times as much support.

Temporary tax incentives intended to spur exploration or development of fossil fuels have become a permanent part of the country’s economic system. For example, coal companies can still take advantage of a measure passed in 1950 that originally allowed them to “temporarily” avoid a tax increase enacted to help fund the Korean War.

Subsidies for renewable energy pale in comparison to the help government has given and is continuing to give the fossil fuel industry.
Long History Of U.S. Energy Subsidies | December 19, 2011 Issue - Vol. 89 Issue 51 | Chemical & Engineering News

www.greenmatters.com/renewables/.../united-kingdom-renewable-energy-records-201...
Dec 28, 2017 - The United Kingdom has been setting records in solar energy production throughout the year. It's no surprise to see that the area's power ...
Germany Breaks A Solar Record — Gets 85% Of Electricity From Renewables | CleanTechnica...
May 8, 2017 - On April 30, Germany established a new national record for renewable energy use. Part of that day (during the long May 1 weekend), 85% of all ...
Jun 15, 2017 - Renewable energy sources, particularly solar and wind, have broken records in the U.S. electricity market. According to a report by the EIA, ...
Dec 28, 2017 - 2017 was a record year for green energy in the UK: Here's 13 broken by wind, solar, carbon and hydro. Share. Lynsey Barber. I'm City A.M.'s ..
Just don’t force people that want nothing to do with it into the horse shit...

View attachment 193302

:rolleyes: Do you seriously not get that tax-cuts are subject to umber of factors and there are always plenty of relative winnners and losers?

If I get my income as pass-through form my bussiness I get tax-cuts that regular income is not subject to, If I live in certain states SALT deduciton limits will hurt me more etc. etc. etc.

SO the question is how would me buying solar power with THAT tax-cutting any different as far as someone else paying for my solar.

Do you seriously not get that tax-cuts are subject to umber of factors

Do you seriously not realize that all the brackets got a cut, not just the top one?

How is it different if every tax payer sees a rate cut versus only solar cell buyers seeing a cut?

Just don’t force people that want nothing to do with it into the horse shit...
why they just don't want to move to Alabama , no high-tech economics there as far as i know ...

Liar.

Thanks for the link.
Shockingly, they didn't give any specifics.
Try again?

Yes they did in supporting links.

Here is a tiny exmaple:

In Ohio, Marathon Petroleum is benefitting from a 15-year tax credit for retaining 1,650 jobs and a 10-year tax credit for creating 100 new jobs. The subsidy is worth $78.5m, according to the Good Jobs First database. “I think Marathon always wanted to be here,” Republican governor John Kasich said in 2011. “All we’re doing is helping them.” In 2011, Kasich was named as the top recipient of oil and gas donations in Ohio, having received $213, 519. The same year Kasich appointed Marathon Petroleum’s CEO to the board of Jobs Ohio, a semi-private group “in charge of the economic growth in the state of Ohio”.

View attachment 193302

Do you seriously not get that tax-cuts are subject to umber of factors

Do you seriously not realize that all the brackets got a cut, not just the top one?

How is it different if every tax payer sees a rate cut versus only solar cell buyers seeing a cut?

Idiot, not all tax-payers got the same tax cuts, or any cuts AT ALL.

Corporations and pass through bussiness income in particular got a huge tax-cuts no one else got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back