Compromise

When has a citizen armed with a AR ever stopped a mass shooting?
In Texas.

Nope. That one was already over, and the shooter had left the building. A guy did chase him as he was leaving though.
Shot him dead as he was leaving the church.

It is irrelevant anyway. A mass shooting will be stopped by a concealed handgun more than anything else.

So you acknowledge the claim that an AR would stop an active shooter is pure bullshit. Good.
When has a citizen with a handgun ever stopped an active mass shooter during his attack?
Man stops what deputies said would otherwise have likely been a mass public shooting - Crime Prevention Research Center

Concealed handgun permit holder stops man who enters an Alabama McDonalds firing his gun - Crime Prevention Research Center

Concealed handgun permit holder stops gunman who was firing his gun at Titusville, Florida back to school event - Crime Prevention Research Center

In less than 20 seconds, I found these.

You lose.

Wow. Three whole incidents, and your own link only says it might have become a mass public shooting. Not too much to crow about.

Because you never know when the zombie apocalypse will start.
I only have 6 mags; I need another set of pouches.

What do you need all the mags for?? Are you expecting to carry out a mass shooting?
Well, why does it matter?

Does he have the right to have that equipment or not?

What if he is able to stop a mass shooting at some point? Are you going to complain about it then?

Is that a new rule now? Lol

Not sure what kind of rule you might be talking about, but answer the question.
Are you saying that’s a rule yes or no

Actually I keep an AR in my truck with 10 30 round magazines with a level 4 plate carrier and ballistic helmet
Because you never know when the zombie apocalypse will start.
I only have 6 mags; I need another set of pouches.

What do you need all the mags for?? Are you expecting to carry out a mass shooting?

What if he is able to stop a mass shooting at some point? Are you going to complain about it then?

Sutherland Springs Tex comes to mind
Yup I remember that

In Texas.

Nope. That one was already over, and the shooter had left the building. A guy did chase him as he was leaving though.

It is irrelevant anyway. A mass shooting will be stopped by a concealed handgun more than anything else.

So you acknowledge the claim that an AR would stop an active shooter is pure bullshit. Good.
When has a citizen with a handgun ever stopped an active mass shooter during his attack?
Man stops what deputies said would otherwise have likely been a mass public shooting - Crime Prevention Research Center

Concealed handgun permit holder stops man who enters an Alabama McDonalds firing his gun - Crime Prevention Research Center

Concealed handgun permit holder stops gunman who was firing his gun at Titusville, Florida back to school event - Crime Prevention Research Center

You lose.

Wow. Three whole incidents, and your own link only says it might have become a mass public shooting. Not too much to crow about.
Guns saved 94 thousand lives last year

You lose.

You got a credible link for that? "Gun Nuts R Us" isn't credible.

You lose.

It saved your life

No?

The answer is, fuck you, that is irrelevant.

Stopping mass shootings is not the objective of all firearm ownership.

Then quit claiming that as an excuse to have military style weapons, dumb ass.
I don't need a fucking excuse. It's a bill of rights, not a bill of needs, you motherfucking piece of communist shit. GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!!

In Texas.

You lose.

In 20 seconds of looking, you fucking retard.

Just admit that you are a disingenuous, know-nothing, unorganized, grabastic piece of communist shit.

I don't need a fucking excuse. It's a bill of rights, not a bill of needs, you motherfucking piece of communist shit. GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!!

I'm not the one that brought it up dumb ass. A lying gun nut did.

You lose.

No one has any sources that the other will accept, so if you haven't noticed this thread is about the compromise of Gun owners and the coming of the end of compromise of gun owners. THERE WILL BE NONE

No one has any sources that the other will accept, so if you haven't noticed this thread is about the compromise of Gun owners and the coming of the end of compromise of gun owners. THERE WILL BE NONE

Perhaps not willingly. The country wants reasonable gun control, and that will happen.

Before 1988 the push for gun control was against handguns but that went nowhere. Then comes Josh Sugarmann is the executive director and founder of the Violence Policy Center

Assault weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully-automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons --anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun-- can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons.

Do you walk around with an assault weapon?
Why are you scared of something that doesn't exist?

You didn't answer me, do you walk around with an assault weapon??
Again why do you fear something that doesn't exist?

Oh man semantics.

Do you walk around with a semi automatic weapon?

Just answer the question and stop being a coward.

I'm not the one that brought it up dumb ass. A lying gun nut did.
And all I said is that it COULD be used for such a purpose and has at least been tangential to a mass shooting, not that it is the SOLE purpose, like you were trying to spin.

Perhaps not willingly. The country wants reasonable gun control, and that will happen.
Over your dead body.

Before 1988 the push for gun control was against handguns but that went nowhere. Then comes Josh Sugarmann is the executive director and founder of the Violence Policy Center

Assault weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully-automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons --anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun-- can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons.

Oh man semantics.

I do. Practically every day, I walk around with a semi-auto weapon.

:laugh:

Unbelievable.

Oh man semantics.
Why did you change the question from 'assault weapon' to semi-automatic weapon?

perhaps never. no, the country doesn't want more gun control because we already have too many laws. What's going to happen is a literal Constitution second amendment America.

You lose.

You are alive right no let because guns are protecting you

Yep, it depends on your purpose, and whether you want to get multiple shots off at a single herd. One of my neighbors caught 35 hogs in a single game camera frame. We don't shoot hogs here for sport, they tear up our property and we try to put holes in as many as we can, the 5.56 is great for that.

I did read about the hog issue in Texas, a few million wild hogs are in Texas and they can do a mega damage. I read some shoot them for sport. I can see that you'd want a magazine for stopping them , I'd want one as well. They sound awful. A Plague of Pigs in Texas | Science | Smithsonian

You can't imagine the damage a herd can do in one night, ruts 8-10 inches deep, it's like trying to mow a plowed field and a lot of work to fix. See that's the problem with you commies, you don't have the experience, yet you think you know it all. Hint, you don't. But it's nice to see you backtracking some.

I guess you can thank the hunters for your problems.
------------------------------------------------

And yet wild hogs were barely more than a curiosity in the Lone Star State until the 1980s. It’s only since then that the population has exploded, and not entirely because of the animals’ intelligence, adaptability and fertility. Hunters found them challenging prey, so wild hog populations were nurtured on ranches that sold hunting leases; some captured hogs were released in other parts of the state.

Read more: A Plague of Pigs in Texas | Science | Smithsonian
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! Give the gift of Smithsonian
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

Those ranches are fenced to keep the game in, including hogs and deer. I lived here 18 years before we started getting problems with hogs, new highways are going through their previous habitat and new subdivisions are being built. All part of the fun of urban sprawl.

Now that is true, but not at the time. Since you hunt, or kill wild hogs that encroach on your property, perhaps a semi automatic rifle is fine, as long as you only use a 10 round magazine. You should state what its used for and it should not be allowed to be off your property at any time, or you will incur a hefty fine. That is what I think the law should be.

And the commie red rears it ugly head again, what if I want to take it to the range to zero my scopes, or help out a neighbor? Oh, and it came with a 30 round magazine, are you going to buy me a different one?

Oh man semantics.

Yes I do as a matter of fact I carry one and keep an AR with 10 30 round magazines and a level IV plate carrier with a Ballistic Helmet in my truck

Forum List

Back