Confederate Memorial at Arlington will be removed despite GOP opposition

The Confederacy was a greater threat to the United States than Nazi Germany. Confederate memorials do not belong on U.S. military sites any more than Nazi German memorials.
Slavery was not as evil as the Holocaust, but it was still pretty nasty. Those who honor the Confederacy imply their support for slavery.

The heroes of Ft. Sumter surrounded in the Harbor by confederate traitors (not American soldiers).
1702757624729.png

It what way do you mean that sentence? If you mean they were American soldiers until their States seceded then I agree with this statement.

Like fighting the Nazi's is part of our history. It doesn't mean Rommel deserves a statue at Arlington, does it?

No. It seems as if we want to remove monuments and statues to people we find to be deplorable, it's you're little bitch argument that statues are the sole vessels for knowledge and history.
Democrats then and today hate Republicans. Republicans invaded the South. Is that why you hate Republicans?

Slavery was not as evil as the Holocaust, but it was still pretty nasty. Those who honor the Confederacy imply their support for slavery.
We are trying to discuss 1861. Democrats hated Republicans. Today Democrats still hate republicans. Now the Democrats hate statues. This really is sad to read so much hate on this forum. Slavery was ended 158 years ago. This is not an issue at all. Nobody is trying to restore slavery.

Agreed that all Confederate memorials should all be located at Civil War museums and sites.

Don't agree that the Confederacy was a greater threat than the Nazis.
Once the United States was involved in the Second World War the Axis countries could not have possibly won. The most Germany, Japan, and Italy could have hoped for would have been a negotiated settlement allowing them to keep their governments, while depriving them of their conquests.

The Confederacy came close to winning the Civil
War. What remained of the United States could not have possibly become the strongest country in the world. Germany would have won the Second World War and killed at least another four million Jews. Russia and Ukraine would have been depopulated of Slavs, and settled with Germans.

He was not a traitor

Lee was loyal to his state

If Virginia had remained in the Union he would have been commander in chief of the northern army
Lee led the raid on Harper's Ferry to capture John Brown and his chilluns.

History is written by the Victors. The losers are always the traitors.

But the Southern dimocraps over-reacted to Lincoln. Had they used their brains (remember, they WERE dimocraps) they could have worked something out to where they made money by freeing Slaves. Slavery was done anyway. The whole world had passed it by.

After 10,000 years of human bondage, it was done.

But the Southern dims were stuck on the Manoral System. Had they looked to Capitalism, they could have made out like bandits.

For instance, they could have let the Slaves buy their freedom. Or they could have freed them and then hire them to do the jobs they were doing while enslaved. But without having to feed and house them. Just pay them piddling wages and send them on their way. Or both. Let them buy their freedom and hire them.

The North did that.

Nobody has ever accused dims of being especially bright, collectively. Deceitful? Yes. Clever, manipulative, opportunistic? Yes.

Bright? Not even. Still aren't bright collectively. Individually, they can be as bright as anybody but you throw politics into the mix and their brains default to 'stupid'. Every time.

The Old South could have been really cool without slavery.

This is how the song was sung in the old, old days. Pretty cool

Where is it then or even now that States will not secede?
On topic of course, I repeat this as a fact.
1861 Democrats hated Republicans.
it is 2023 and still Democrats hate Republicans.

no change at all is the thrust of this remark.
Will not?' I know you like to live in the land of hate, but many of us don't. That said -- States have no right to secede. For me, that has been settled. "The Constitution makes no provision for secession."

But, the link below (quoted above), gives a seriously nuanced answer to the question of states having a right to secede.

and...

The American Historical Association (AHA), is a credible and highly respected organization that has been in the news recently. Within the recent controversy(s), I stand with the AHA and it's president James H. Sweet (mostly). Home | AHA

An article showing the AHA was/is being attacked: But the attacks referred to in the article do not make the AHA less credible.

I'm currently taking a closer look at the Independent Institute: Research Fellows: About Us: The Independent Institute

We are trying to discuss 1861. Democrats hated Republicans. Today Democrats still hate republicans. Now the Democrats hate statues. This really is sad to read so much hate on this forum. Slavery was ended 158 years ago. This is not an issue at all. Nobody is trying to restore slavery.
The dems in 161 were conservatives.

The northern dems, conservatives, helped the Union end slavery.

Why are you trying to distort history.

No state or combination of states have an intrinsic legal right to secede.

The Confederacy came close to winning the Civil
War. What remained of the United States could not have possibly become the strongest country in the world.
Just as there is Canada and Mexico, it proves that the Confederate States could survive and perhaps even help the USA try to defeat Mexico. I am pleased you explained to them that the Confederacy came close to winning the war Abe commenced in 1861.

What’s even more amusing is that trolls like The Dainty do trust Snopes.

:rofl: :laughing0301: :rofl: :laughing0301: :rofl: :laughing0301:
Says the Current Chair of USMB House Trolls.

Now let's see a Dante post vs any post by WrongAgain/Liability/BackAgain :::::::::::::

Where is it then or even now that States will not secede?
On topic of course, I repeat this as a fact.
1861 Democrats hated Republicans.
it is 2023 and still Democrats hate Republicans.

no change at all is the thrust of this remark.
Will not?' I know you like to live in the land of hate, but many of us don't. That said -- States have no right to secede. For me, that has been settled. "The Constitution makes no provision for secession."

But, the link below (quoted above), gives a seriously nuanced answer to the question of states having a right to secede.

and...

The American Historical Association (AHA), is a credible and highly respected organization that has been in the news recently. Within the recent controversy(s), I stand with the AHA and it's president James H. Sweet (mostly). Home | AHA

An article showing the AHA was/is being attacked: But the attacks referred to in the article do not make the AHA less credible.

I'm currently taking a closer look at the Independent Institute: Research Fellows: About Us: The Independent Institute

and...

I must live with Democrats and you seem upset I pointed out they hated Republicans in 1861 and to this day in 2023 still hate Republicans.
I know you accept this fact on face value.
Actually there are citizens living today in Oregon who plan to secede. They laid plans to join Idaho. We have a fairly free state save for Boise Idaho which is run by guess who? It is by the Democrats. Still the bulk of Idaho welcomes with open arms those now citizens of Oregon into the family known as Idaho. We welcome you brothers and sisters. Come in, the water is fine.

You continue the fundamental false statements.
Statues are not other than emblems. They are not humans. And we know a lot about humans even Democrats. Give you an example.
1861 Democrats hated Republicans. no poster has so far claimed different.
2023 Democrats hate Republicans. and Democrats here document this daily.
Wrong. There are statues the memorialize the dead. There are statues that celebrate and honor the dead. There are statues that...

I know you like to live in the land of hate, but many of us don't.

Just as there is Canada and Mexico, it proves that the Confederate States could survive and perhaps even help the USA try to defeat Mexico. I am pleased you explained to them that the Confederacy came close to winning the war Abe commenced in 1861.
The Confederates started the War. Which was a mistake

Robert W is not swift on history or traditional definitions.
Wait, I spent many years devoted to learning history of this country and also other countries histories. You probably got angry when I agreed with a poster who stated as fact that when Abe issued the proclamation, it was after one Union victory that had followed a hell of a lot of Union losses. He stipulated that the Union was almost defeated.
John Horses is slow. It is why it is in his name.

Forum List

Back