Confederate Memorial at Arlington will be removed despite GOP opposition

The Confederacy was a greater threat to the United States than Nazi Germany. Confederate memorials do not belong on U.S. military sites any more than Nazi German memorials.
Agreed that all Confederate memorials should all be located at Civil War museums and sites.

Don't agree that the Confederacy was a greater threat than the Nazis.

Last edited:
Then we will have to agree to disagree though it does beg the question why it was organizing like the Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy who put them up and still defend them to this day. Is it your claim that these organizations want to educate people on what trash human beings the Confederates were?

What's the rational underpinning of this argument? That's all knowledge is contained and retained via statue? Do you advocate for Nazi statues in order to preserve that history?

I notice how you have adorable pretend arguments (that's me being generous) and no real serious ones, as yet.
I will happily engage you in trying to explain your own history. I assume you are a loyal Democrat.

As a Republican, but not a hero worshiping republican over Abe Lincoln, I am willing to discuss that man's faults in spades. I am also willing to discuss Democrats faults in spades.

By your approval of removing your own statues, that you admit were put up by your types, it seems to you they shame you and thus you want them gone.
They do not shame me since I know the history very well of how Abe Lincoln invaded the South and forced them to defend themselves since they wanted little other than the freedom guaranteed to them by the constitution which was to form a government they really wanted to have. I am ashamed of the republicans for forcing on them a government only we republicans wanted them to have. We were in effect showing them our asses and they could just go to hell for wanting freedom. The South did not defend shit over slaves. They defended their own states as soverigns then.

Agreed. Confederate memorials should all be located at Civil War museums and sites.

Pride crap should be in queer sites.

See how this works?

If you don't like it don't look at it, some people like it. Stop the special shit

To those of us who can read (I guess that excludes most MAGAs) statues are not history.
Well, Biden is wiping it out. He changed military forts names. He is in favor of demolising statues to his own party. Why kill his history? To try to pretend the war was done by Republicans. And that my friends is actually true.

Abe could have refused to gather an army. Abe could have refused to invade states. Abe could have simply worked with them all as equals.

kaz couldn't answer this.

Since you still directly support slavery of women and children on the southern border, it's political. You still support slavery for people of color.

There are also your endless double standards. You get to change your positions retroactively all through history. No one else does.

Then there's today where you are voting for a pedophile, Joe Biden.

There you go, MAGA man

1. Lincoln preserved the Union, the Confederacy was about State's Rights. They both fought honorably for what they believed. History should be preserved accurately.
I don't find anything honorable about fighting to own other people as property. That isn't accuracy you dumb Bingo, that's narrative. You're too stupid to understand the difference, aren't you?
2. So why don't we remove everything that is British if that's who we fought for our independence?
Do you see many statues of King George dotting the landscape? How many do you suppose we should have?
In order to understand history you need to look at both sides fairly and not demonize that side unless they were like the Nazis. Historians even look at Nazi generals with respect, like Rommel, "The Desert Fox".
You can respect Nazis if you want to, that's a personal choice.
3. So are you against removing statures and idols of Satan that are going up all over? If not, why not?
Because I don't care about Satan. Why does the existence of differing opinions confound you Bingos so thoroughly? 😄
4. Your familial relationships don't mean a fucking thing to me either, I also don't care if your psychosis about slavers or the Confederacy makes you even more crazy.
Yeah, I'm not the whining little bitch coming here to demand others love and respect the same people I do. That would be you you clueless Bingo. 😄
Its history, deal with it.
We did. We advocated for its removal and one. Be bitch about it if it makes you feel better. :dunno:

I don't find anything honorable about fighting to own other people as property. That isn't accuracy you dumb Bingo, that's narrative. You're too stupid to understand the difference, aren't you?

Do you see many statues of King George dotting the landscape? How many do you suppose we should have?

You can respect Nazis if you want to, that's a personal choice.

Because I don't care about Satan. Why does the existence of differing opinions confound you Bingos so thoroughly? 😄

Yeah, I'm not the whining little bitch coming here to demand others love and respect the same people I do. That would be you you clueless Bingo. 😄

We did. We advocated for its removal and one. Be bitch about it if it makes you feel better. :dunno:
When Lincoln started his war, SLAVERY was 100 percent legal. So Abe knew SLAVERY was totally legal. Why would he fight against what was legal when he told the world he was not waging war on the South due to SLAVERY?

Why don't you know history?

Confederate Memorial at Arlington will be removed despite GOP opposition
Though dozens of congressional Republicans protested the move, the Army says it will begin work in coming days

View attachment 873988

The U.S. Army intends to remove a Confederate memorial from Arlington National Cemetery next week as part of its ongoing work to rid Defense Department property of divisive rebel imagery, defying dozens of congressional Republicans who have vociferously protested the move.

Why would Republicans object to the removal of Confederate monuments if the Confederates were Democrats??? 🤔

There are hundreds of Confederates buried in the Gen Robert E Lee Memorial Cemetery, aka Arlington National Cemetary

Do lib haters want to dig them up?

And if so destroy their remains like they do the statues?

There is already a statue to Martin Luther King, Jr. New Jersey has a statue to George Floyd. 700-pound bronze statue of George Floyd unveiled in New Jersey

We are already there.
People must learn the truth about Democrats.
When the pound their heads in fury here on this forum, they must have guilty consciences. If they do not feel enormous guilt, they are happy they tried to destroy freedom and by that I don't mean the so called Civil war.
They want you to think Slavery was then totally illegal. And today they tell you law breakers at our Southern border are welcome though criminals. And they deny the law breakers from around the world that enter the US are not actually criminals. They lie all the time. They have no lie they are not willing to shout from the rooftops. They are shameless.

Pride crap should be in queer sites. See how this works?

If you don't like it don't look at it, some people like it. Stop the special shit
I'd like it if pride crap was just at queer sites. I don't want to see that shit.

What's wrong with Confederate statues and memorials being at Civil War sites?

When Lincoln started his war, SLAVERY was 100 percent legal. So Abe knew SLAVERY was totally legal. Why would he fight against what was legal when he told the world he was not waging war on the South due to SLAVERY?

Why don't you know history?
The South seceded over the right to possess other human beings
They foolishly attacked a U.S. base knowingly provoking war.
Lincolns first concern was to preserve the union. When that became impossible, he conducted the war to the maximum extent possible

That's Confederate history you dumb Bingo. Their soldiers killed American soldiers. It's about time we put the Confederacy in its proper place.
Remind us again

What does Bingo mean in the ghetto?

Is it anything like a gigaboo or a darkie?

I have no problem with those statues being at battlefield sites to honor those who fought.
I do have issues with monuments honoring the Confederacy on public land.

I'd like it if pride crap was just at queer sites. I don't want to see that shit.

Absolutely nothing. It's our history, the Confederacy lost but they fought for their beliefs.

I don't understand why history needs to be eradicated. Like the Holocaust, it happened, learn from it, that's what history is about

Forum List

Back