Congressional Wealth

Another thread mentioned how wealthy Dem Congressman Goldman and Nacy Pelosi were.

I just thought I would set the record straight

7 of the top wealthiest Congressmen are REPUBLICANS and neither Pelosi nor Goldman are on that top ten.

It’s amazing the things that Republicans believe that are simply false

I believe that people who are elected into the federal government leave exponentially more wealthy than when they entered, if they leave at all.

Your opinion of worth is actually worthless.

If someone is paid some amount for a speech or a book, that is what that thing is worth.

Interesting that you made claims about “someone “ out of college or something but can’t name them.

And nowhere did I condemn anyone for their wealth. I merely pointed out your bullshit.

Again. 7 of the richest ten Congress critters are Republicans and none of them are named Pelosi
no that is what someone paid for it,, did anyone really read the book or are they just sitting on a bookshelf unread??

my sister has many lefty books she has never read,,

and of those 7 how many made it after being elected to office??

successful is an opinion,, and as I said,, whos words are worth millions,, fact remains he gave nothing of value for the millions he now has,,

Successful is determined by the market. You might not like his books, but they've sold millions of copies. And so has his wife's. Even if we assume a mere $1 average royalty, that alone would drive their net worth into seven digits. Add in a modest 5% ROI on safe investing, and assume that they're living on their $225,000 Presidential pension, it's hard to imagine how Obama wouldn't be worth many millions of dollars.

If someone is paid some amount for a speech or a book, that is what that thing is worth.

You'd think that an apparent conservative would grasp the concept of value being determined by a free market exchange where two parties agree to trade some good or service for a specified price.

You'd think that an apparent conservative would grasp the concept of value being determined by a free market exchange where two parties agree to trade some good or service for a specified price.
Like Joe Biden's influence is worth the price of Hunter's bad paintings?

I love it how you only tought the free market when it fits your narrative,,,

its OK I know youre just full of shit,,

You would think

I'm saying that you need to support your own claims with evidence. If you don't have evidence to support your claims, then you are believing garbage.
Occam‘s razor. What would you accept as “evidence”?

Her husband and hers wealth increased exponentially during the time she was speaker. Maybe that’s a coincidence, but that coupled with her husbands uncanny ability to hit winners that just so happened to be effected by legislation his wife was dealing with us just a bit more coincidence than Im comfortable with

Which one are you referring to?

And Obama wrote several successful books and gets large speaking fees
To be fair, they signed a 65 million dollar advance. I don’t know how many books they are on the hook for or what the royalty structure looks like but they will need to sell a shit ton of books to make that lucrative for the publishing house regardless.

Occam‘s razor. What would you accept as “evidence”?

Her husband and hers wealth increased exponentially during the time she was speaker. Maybe that’s a coincidence, but that coupled with her husbands uncanny ability to hit winners that just so happened to be effected by legislation his wife was dealing with us just a bit more coincidence than Im comfortable with

Occam's razor would lead us to conclude that the Pelosis' wealth is simply due to her husband being good at his job picking stocks.

There are plenty of people who have made huge wealth by being good investors. Mitt Romney is worth twice as much, and Warren Buffet has made enough to eat Paul Pelosi for lunch.

But hey, if you have actual evidence that something untoward has happened, I'm sure we'd all be eager to hear it. So far all you have is baseless accusations.

Occam's razor would lead us to conclude that the Pelosis' wealth is simply due to her husband being good at his job picking stocks.

There are plenty of people who have made huge wealth by being good investors. Mitt Romney is worth twice as much, and Warren Buffet has made enough to eat Paul Pelosi for lunch.

But hey, if you have actual evidence that something untoward has happened, I'm sure we'd all be eager to hear it. So far all you have is baseless accusations.
So he just got exponentially better at it at the same time his wife became speaker. Lol.

So he just got exponentially better at it at the same time his wife became speaker. Lol.

What do you think being Speaker of the House actually means?

You do realize that the stock market doesn't report to the Speaker of the House, right?

Forum List

Back