Connecticut SC rules gun maker can be sued

Don't you know? What is your case to support this?

i don't 'have a case'... i merely quoted what the judge said. perhaps they advertised their killing machine as good family fun.... or for hunting....

I had an AR several years ago. I hunted coyote with it. Very accurate rifle.

My daughter was 10 or 11 at the time. She thought it was great fun at the range. That girl can shoot.

i bet she did. luckily there were no accidents.

She followed the safety rules to the letter. That cuts out any accidents except an "Act of God" sort of thing.

In fact, if someone else at the range didn't follow the basic safety rules, she would come sit by me until they left or I said something to them.

good to hear both you & she are responsible gun owners/shooters.

The overwhelming majority of gun owners are.

i don't 'have a case'... i merely quoted what the judge said. perhaps they advertised their killing machine as good family fun.... or for hunting....

My daughter was 10 or 11 at the time. She thought it was great fun at the range. That girl can shoot.

She followed the safety rules to the letter. That cuts out any accidents except an "Act of God" sort of thing.

In fact, if someone else at the range didn't follow the basic safety rules, she would come sit by me until they left or I said something to them.

Then why are you more likely to be killed by your own gun than stop a criminal?

yep. & most are for common sense gun laws. but the NRA & gun manufacturers don't.

Then why are you more likely to be killed by your own gun than stop a criminal?

I believe the stat you are quoting is that you are more likely to be killed by your own gun than to kill a criminal.

This has been debunked.

So knife makers can be sued?

Overturned soon

cigarette manufacturers can be sued. & have lost.

No Constitutional mandate.

deception in marketing is not constitutionally protected.

d'oh!

What was the 'deception' in the advertising?

Reading Comprehension 101

“The regulation of advertising that threatens the public’s health, safety, and morals has long been considered a core exercise of the states’ police powers,” Justice Richard Palmer wrote for the majority.
how did the advertising 'threaten' the public health, etc?

How did the Marboro Man encourage kids to smoke?

GROW A BRAIN!

This makes as much sense as suing FoMoCo over people killed by a drunk driver in a stolen Mustang.
It also violates federal law.

Probably....but the pressure is beginning to take a toll....the GOP and the NRA will pay...you can't keep condoning mass murders and not pay the price..
Look at you, still lying about the GOP, NRA and gun makers.

Here is the deal.

There are around 500 accidental shooting fatalities per year. And around 14k accidental shooting injuries. And around 10k gun murders (or less) every year.

That is 24,500 per year, for both accidental death, injuries and murders.

There are an estimate 375 million guns in private ownership in the US. Approximately 30% of the population owns a gun. With a population of 320 million, that means there are around 96 million gun owners.

That means all the murders, accidental deaths and accidental injuries account for 0.0255% of the gun owners being involved. 99% do not murder anyone or have accidents resulting in deaths or injuries.

So, yeah, the overwhelming majority of gun owners are pretty safe.

yep. & most are for common sense gun laws. but the NRA & gun manufacturers don't.

I keep hearing that. What sort of "common sense" gun laws?

Court rules gun maker can be sued over Newtown shooting

Yup...you make deadly weapons..you die with deadly weapons.
What other product in the world is liable for damages when it's used improperly or for illegal purposes?

That's a rhetorical question....there is none!

The importance of the Supreme Court cannot be overstated when you see the absolutely idiotic rulings of state and lower courts.

How did the Marboro Man encourage kids to smoke?

GROW A BRAIN!

Parental smoking and peer pressure was a far greater factor.

Not to mention all of the actors they used in commercials

celebrities cigarettes ad - Yahoo Image Search Results

Hollywood was all bourbon and cigarettes until it was stopped in the 70s.

So, what's encouraging smokers now? Perhaps personal desire and individual decision?

Forum List

Back