Connecticut SC rules gun maker can be sued

so every company is fair game now.....use a product and abuse it and cause a death.....and someone sues....
They can now. But gun makers are one industry that can't be sued. Why is that?
If a jet plane hit me I can sue the company that made it.
If some drunk guy steals a Mustang and forces a bus full of kids over a cliff, what do you think you can sue Ford for, and on what grounds?

i bet she did. luckily there were no accidents.

She followed the safety rules to the letter. That cuts out any accidents except an "Act of God" sort of thing.

In fact, if someone else at the range didn't follow the basic safety rules, she would come sit by me until they left or I said something to them.

good to hear both you & she are responsible gun owners/shooters.

The overwhelming majority of gun owners are.

yep. & most are for common sense gun laws. but the NRA & gun manufacturers don't.

I keep hearing that. What sort of "common sense" gun laws?

how'z about stronger nationwide uniform background checks, waiting periods, rescind the unbanning by trump of the cray cray 's ability to now own guns, mandate & require passing a training course for all who buy guns, no longer can high velocity ARs be a public possession,grandfather the ones out there now & do what chris rock suggests:..

How did the Marboro Man encourage kids to smoke?

GROW A BRAIN!

Parental smoking and peer pressure was a far greater factor.

Not to mention all of the actors they used in commercials

celebrities cigarettes ad - Yahoo Image Search Results

Hollywood was all bourbon and cigarettes until it was stopped in the 70s.

So, what's encouraging smokers now? Perhaps personal desire and individual decision?

i'd say addiction to nicotine. i was a smoker for 26 years & that is the reason. that's why big tobacco would actually manipulate the amt to keep 'em hooked.

How did the Marboro Man encourage kids to smoke?

GROW A BRAIN!

Parental smoking and peer pressure was a far greater factor.

Not to mention all of the actors they used in commercials

celebrities cigarettes ad - Yahoo Image Search Results

Hollywood was all bourbon and cigarettes until it was stopped in the 70s.

So, what's encouraging smokers now? Perhaps personal desire and individual decision?

Hollywood went from smokin' fags to being them.

like rock hudson & raymond burr?

She followed the safety rules to the letter. That cuts out any accidents except an "Act of God" sort of thing.

In fact, if someone else at the range didn't follow the basic safety rules, she would come sit by me until they left or I said something to them.

yep. & most are for common sense gun laws. but the NRA & gun manufacturers don't.

how'z about stronger nationwide uniform background checks, waiting periods, rescind the unbanning by trump of the cray cray 's ability to now own guns, mandate & require passing a training course for all who buy guns, no longer can high velocity ARs be a public possession,grandfather the ones out there now & do what chris rock suggests:..

The nationwide background check system works. The problem is that mental health professionals are not punished for failing to report their patients to the system.

And what mental illnesses (I assume that is what you mean by "cray cray") would you have included? ADHD? Low self esteem? Nymphomania?

How about.... no.

Court rules gun maker can be sued over Newtown shooting

Yup...you make deadly weapons..you die with deadly weapons.

Mr. Lanza, the alleged shooter at Sandy Hook, didn't buy any guns from Remington or anyone else. He stole the weapons.

Further, all Remington did was manufacture it.

Should Hyundai or Tesla or whoever built the car that the guy who ran into the crowd in Charlottesville, be held responsible there?

Its the same thing.

uh - no.

automobiles... by original design.... & sole purpose... is not to kill.

I thought federal law prohibited those suits. Hmmmmm
Liability/wrongful death suits, yes.
But this concerns marketing practices subject to state regulation.
Where did Lanza buy his gun?

he stole them from his survivalist mama....

So the better background check would have helped how?

Mr. Lanza, the alleged shooter at Sandy Hook, didn't buy any guns from Remington or anyone else. He stole the weapons.

Should Hyundai or Tesla or whoever built the car that the guy who ran into the crowd in Charlottesville, be held responsible there?

Its the same thing.

uh - no.

But the principle is the same. Remington will not be held liable because guns were designed to kill. And automobile manufacturers can be held responsible under the same guidelines as firearms.

The nationwide background check system works. The problem is that mental health professionals are not punished for failing to report their patients to the system.

And what mental illnesses (I assume that is what you mean by "cray cray") would you have included? ADHD? Low self esteem? Nymphomania?

straw purchases are a big problem too. & this iis what i was talking about-

The Obama rule would have prevented an estimated 75,000 people with mental disorders from being able to purchase a firearm. It was crafted as part of Obama’s efforts to strengthen the federal background check system in the wake of the 2012 massacre of 20 young students and six staff at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.

FACT CHECK: Did President Trump Revoke Gun Background Checks for Mentally Ill People?

Its the same thing.

uh - no.

But the principle is the same. Remington will not be held liable because guns were designed to kill. And automobile manufacturers can be held responsible under the same guidelines as firearms.

That was one of the most confused statements I have ever read on this board...

Its the same thing.

uh - no.

That was one of the confused statements I have ever read on this board...
You don't read what you type?

Forum List

Back