🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Conservative columnist George Will says he's voting for Biden

From the OP:

Will has opposed Trump from the beginning of the latter's political career and in 2015 warned that Trump securing the Republican nomination could spell the doom of the GOP.

"One hundred and four years of history is in the balance. If Trump is the Republican nominee in 2016, there might not be a conservative party in 2020 either," he said at the time.

One can only hope.

For those of you who are confused or pretending to be confused - let me paraphrase it for you:

George Will is saying to hell with my traditional conservative Republican politics for now - because Trump is too DANGEROUS to remain president. Get Trump out of office so we can return to normal politics (like Itchy and Scratchy). Biden would be a return to NORMALCY.

View attachment 365963
Will is a fucking liar...He just hates Trump because he's not one of the members of The Big Club™, who spent their entire lives blabbering about how things should be, while doing absolutely nothing to bring it about.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
For those of you who are confused or pretending to be confused - let me paraphrase it for you:

George Will is saying to hell with my traditional conservative Republican politics for now - because Trump is too DANGEROUS to remain president. Get Trump out of office so we can return to normal politics (like Itchy and Scratchy). Biden would be a return to NORMALCY.

View attachment 365963
Will is a fucking liar...He just hates Trump because he's not one of the members of The Big Club™, who spent their entire lives blabbering about how things should be, while doing absolutely nothing to bring it about.

Trump would fit right in there. How is that wall coming? How is rounding up the illegals coming? How about that new trade deal with China? Obamacare is done, right?

View attachment 365963

Trump would fit right in there. How is that wall coming? How is rounding up the illegals coming? How about that new trade deal with China? Obamacare is done, right?
His Justice Department has been rounding up pedos and other assorted criminal preverts at record levels.....Why haven't we heard a peep about that?

View attachment 365963

His Justice Department has been rounding up pedos and other assorted criminal preverts at record levels.....Why haven't we heard a peep about that?

Does he wish them all well?

One can only hope.

I certainly would love to see the Republican Party crash and burn under Trump, but I don’t really expect this.

If it were to happen, there would still be a Conservative Party. It would be the Democrats. The DNC and the right wing of the Democrats would try to become a single unified party representing Wall Street and the Military Industrial Complex.

It would likely break apart in the effort. That would also be great. The Bernie wing and some Green and radical life style factions might end up leaving or being expelled. A new alignment of major parties might eventually emerge out of all the factions not just of ex-Democrats but also of conservative libertarians and civil libertarians, small business groups, anti-imperialists and even internationalists. Impossible to predict.

The most likely immediate development is growing imperialist “Bonapartism” and decay of American political life as lunatic right populism grows. Even if Trump loses, that right populist movement will continue to fester and parts of it may move to outright “American fascism.” A hard right party, not quite fascist, similar to European rightwing nationalists, is most likely to coalesce, gathering up these remnant elements, if the Republicans really do destroy themselves under Trump.

But as I said I don’t expect that to happen. Trump may well win the elections, or lose in a very close election. That, in my opinion, would probably be the worst outcome possible.

If it were to happen, there would still be a Conservative Party. It would be the Democrats. The DNC and the right wing of the Democrats would try to become a single unified party representing Wall Street and the Military Industrial Complex.
The DNC has represented Wall Street and the military-industrial complex for decades....Where the fuck have you been?

• Thanks
One can only hope.

I certainly would love to see the Republican Party crash and burn under Trump, but I don’t really expect this.

It would likely break apart in the effort. That would also be great. The Bernie wing and some Green and radical life style factions might end up leaving or being expelled. A new alignment of major parties might eventually emerge out of all the factions not just of ex-Democrats but also of conservative libertarians and civil libertarians, small business groups, anti-imperialists and even internationalists. Impossible to predict.

The most likely immediate development is growing imperialist “Bonapartism” and decay of American political life as lunatic right populism grows. Even if Trump loses, that right populist movement will continue to fester and parts of it may move to outright “American fascism.” A hard right party, not quite fascist, similar to European rightwing nationalists, is most likely to coalesce, gathering up these remnant elements, if the Republicans really do destroy themselves under Trump.

But as I said I don’t expect that to happen. Trump may well win the elections, or lose in a very close election. That, in my opinion, would probably be the worst outcome possible.

Bro I wish both parties would burn to the ground. But in fact we know neither will pretty much no matter what.

The DNC has represented Wall Street and the military-industrial complex for decades....Where the fuck have you been?
I have been watching developments carefully.

Do you think the Democrats are only a party of Wall Street and the Military-Industrial Complex? Did you forget your own side’s weird polemics about them being a party controlled by degenerate lifestyle liberals, trade unionists, “global communists,” a party supposedly shilling for the Chinese CP?

Do you think Republicans have not even more reliably served as a party of Wall Street and the MIC? Where the fuck have you been?

Last edited:
Voting for Biden is the only responsible thing to do for people of either party.

I have been watching developments carefully.

Do you think the Democrats are only a party of Wall Street and the Military-Industrial Complex? Did you forget your own side’s weird polemics about them being a party of lifestyle liberalism, trade unionism, “global communism,” a supposed shill for the Chinese?

Do you think Republicans have not even more reliably served as a party of Wall Street and the MIC? Where the fuck have you been?
I never said that...Your stereotypical opinion that one side is more reliably the party of Wall Street and the military-industrial complex is entirely irrelevant.....They nearly all kowtow to those interests, regardless of party, and have done so since at least Woodrow WIlson.

George Will says he is still a conservative, but wants to return to "normal" politics. He also said he expects we'll have a clear winner by 11:00 pm ET on the night of November 3. He expects the clear winner will be Biden.

“Return to normal politics”? Haven’t really had that since Clinton. Ever since the 2000 Election, Democrats have not shown any willingness to compromise. You can get rid of Trump but don’t push bullshit on “normal politics.”

I never said that...Your stereotypical opinion that one side is more reliably the party of Wall Street and the military-industrial complex is entirely irrelevant.....They nearly all kowtow to those interests, regardless of party, and have done so since at least Woodrow WIlson.
I don't think I’ve ever been accused of having “stereotypical opinions” before ... at least not by a green frog in a gay party hat.

I don't think I’ve ever been accused of having “stereotypical opinions” before ... at least not by a green frog in a gay party hat.
Your opinion that one side favors Wall Street, military contractors, corporations, etcetera more so than the other is a stereotype, whether you recognize it or not.

Fact is that we've been living in a defacto one-party state for longer that either of us has been alive, and spitting out the same old tired twaddle about "differences" between the two, that don't add up to flecks of pepper in a pile of shit, is worthless navel gazing.

Your opinion that one side favors Wall Street, military contractors, corporations, etcetera more so than the other is a stereotype, whether you recognize it or not.
I only implied that historically speaking the Republican Party has more slavishly and consistently supported policies endorsed by corporations, Wall Street and the MIC. I don’t think this is controversial. The emphasis of everything I said was that both parties are parties of U.S. capitalism and support the MIC. It seems strange to me, rather typically party partisan, that of all the unique and controversial things I said in my comments you should seize on this rather blasé comment to argue with.

If it would comfort you, I will add that I believe these ruling elites have generally preferred the Democrats to be in power when real wars are initiated or waged, since Democrats can usually provide better cover to imperialist adventures, and if necessary mobilize the people to fight and sacrifice.

I know, right? When Democrats like Slick, Hussein and Chillery are taking a quarter of a mil a pop for a speech, wall street doesn't get anything for their money? They're stupid? LOL, sure they are.

And no, Democrats do nothing to reduce our military. They just demand to be behind the drivers seat. Obama and Slick attacked endless countries and killed tens of thousands

I know, right? When Democrats like Slick, Hussein and Chillery are taking a quarter of a mil a pop for a speech, wall street doesn't get anything for their money? They're stupid? LOL, sure they are.

And no, Democrats do nothing to reduce our military. They just demand to be behind the drivers seat. Obama and Slick attacked endless countries and killed tens of thousands
No way, man!....The parties are totally different!...That's what pop culture and the media have been telling me since the day I was born, so it must be true! :lmao:

• Funny

Forum List

Back