Conservatives have lost their toughness

Oh brother. All this I'm a conservative, but one of the good ones and I'm democrat but not one of the junky ones is pretty pitiful.
Yes being a thoughtful, reasoned conservative is indeed a crime these days.

Oh brother. All this I'm a conservative, but one of the good ones and I'm democrat but not one of the junky ones is pretty pitiful.
Yes being a thoughtful, reasoned conservative is indeed a crime these days.

What about toughness?
Don't forget your toughness

Were you stroking yer chin in thoughtful repose whilst you thought of that?

We have allowed our movement to be taken over by the forces of identity politics and political correctness.
What bloody movement? Conservatism isn't a movement you uninformed tribalist! Its a fantasy contrived by the pipers and fronts of just another cabal of oligarchic power grabbers craving power and using subterfuge and propaganda to dupe the gullible. You crave to be part of a collective rather than a collection of individuals, just like sooooo many others!

Conservatives were never really tough. They just think their obsession with guns is an extension of their toughness but really, deep down, they are insecure and overly emotional.

I disagree. I think there are political conservatives who talk a good game in DC but then goof around with Congressional pages or get caught soliciting in bathrooms. But this country was founded on people who just flat out GSD ("got stuff done"). And instead of getting stuff done we're busy worrying about what Al Sharpton said on a program that probably has fewer viewers than the average Cake Walk at your Sunday church festival. We should revert to doing the right thing, ignoring the critics, and letting them stew in the petard of their own mistaken beliefs.

I don't necessarily disagree with Billy000 assessment, what I do find incorrect is that those who claim to be conservatives aren't, they are renegades who reject progress/change and are driven by hate and fear.

Real conservatives conserve, fake conservatives destroy; real conservative can be sagacious, a fake conservative emotes. Off hand, I can't think of any real conservatives who post on this message board - most are single issue voters driven by emotion.
Thoughtful response. I like to think I am a thoughtful conservative who actually thinks for himself. This constantly gets me in trouble with all these faux conservatives. I really believe many of this current crop of "conservatives" used to be Democrats hoping for the government to fix all their problems and when the government didn't do it, they turned to a cult of nationalistic jingoism and adopted President Trump's thin skinned blaming of everyone and everything for their own MO. That isn't conservatism, but President Trump could do some good conservative things. Accordingly I don't dismiss him or his sycophants because they could get us health care reform, tax reform, immigration reform (beyond the "wall" --- good grief) and other issues I would like.

I too support tax reform, but with the Plutocrats in control (do you agree with this observation?) we can be certain reform from them will lead to Voodoo economics on steroids;

Health care in America is a political football and one which pits profit v. people. IMO the Federal Government's duty is to protect the citizenry of our nation. The focus on defense should also include defending We the People from communicable and chronic disease. I would like to see every Congressional District with a health center providing preventative medicine - including family planning and education on healthy living - to every citizen; and to every person with a communicable disease here legally or not.

The Congress under Boehner / Ryan and McConnell has - clearly in my opinion - been so partisan they have lost sight of why they are in The District. Protection of their job is job number 1, and that includes many Democrats too. Herein are my suggestions on how to fix what's broken.

• The first phrase of Art I. Sec. 3, clause 2 be deleted or amended to take away the absolute power of the Leader of the Senate and the Speaker of the House; allow a simple vote (50% of the membership) to override their rulings.
  • That the POTUS be given the power of the Line-Item Veto;
  • That the War Powers Act of 1973 be Amended to prevent future fiascoes (Vietnam, Iraq);
  • That The Congress create, fund and provide to every citizen a voter ID card for use in every election, local, state and federal;
  • That 2/3 + 1 of the state's legislatures which choose to support a referendum (not binding), have a question put before the people and voted upon by the people in each state during their nominating process for POTUS.
  • That members of the Supreme Court be appointed with the advice and consent of the Senate for a period of 10-years, and that during the first General Elecition after serving this time be put up for an up or down vote by the people. If they do not receive support of the people they will once again be put before the Senate and their return to the SC be once again affirmed or not.

Last edited:
when are you going to follow that model?.....here you are whining about what you say white people whine about....just sayin....

There is a difference between "whining" and writing an expository essay, something pretty obvious to most (hopefully) of us. The whining is why I coined the phrase, "Idiot-Gram", a usually single sentence or phrase which lacks any substance other than, "ain't it awful".
a whine is a whine Wry.....Bulb was whining about people whining...even he agreed he was...
And you're whining about me whining about people whining. Therefore...
if you want to go that route then no matter what anyone says....it can be taken as a whine......

when are you going to follow that model?.....here you are whining about what you say white people whine about....just sayin....

There is a difference between "whining" and writing an expository essay, something pretty obvious to most (hopefully) of us. The whining is why I coined the phrase, "Idiot-Gram", a usually single sentence or phrase which lacks any substance other than, "ain't it awful".
a whine is a whine Wry.....Bulb was whining about people whining...even he agreed he was...
if you want to go that route then no matter what anyone says....it can be taken as a whine......

LOL, by this standard every post on the message board is a whine. Which become nothing more than a tautology.

LOL, by this standard every post on the message board is a whine. Which become nothing more than a tautology.
quit your whining Wry.....lol...

I can't Harry, but I do have a story:

Years ago, I discovered Gewürztraminer which when slightly chilled went well with fish, cheese, fresh fruit and a warm summer afternoon or night. Only recently did I learn (Ancestry.com) that this wine, is best known in NE France where my ancestors on my mom's side came from. I traced my heritage to a small town in France (Dabo), in the Department of Moselle and the territory of Lorraine (my mom's first name).

It's interesting, I liked gewürztraminer way before I made the link between my mother's first name; I am the progeny of those who must have consume this particular wine which generations of my maternal family must have enjoyed. Coincident? Or does memory of food and drink pass down with our DNA?

I can't, but I do have a story.

Years ago, I discovered Gewürztraminer which when slightly chilled went well with cheese, fresh fruit and a warm summer afternoon or night. Only recently did I learn (Ancestry.com) that this wine, is best known in NE France where my ancestors on my mom's side came from. I traced my heritage to a small town in France (Dabo), in the Department of Moselle and the territory of Lorraine (my mom's first name).

It's interesting, I liked gewürztraminer way before I made the link between my mother's first name; I am the progeny of those who must have consume this particular wine which generations of my maternal family must have enjoyed. Coincident? Or does memory of food and drink pass down with our DNA?

Fascinating question. I've had similar experiences with geography and food. Not from the same place, of course. I eat Freedom Fries. Not frites.

Years ago, I discovered Gewürztraminer which when slightly chilled went well with cheese, fresh fruit and a warm summer afternoon or night. Only recently did I learn (Ancestry.com) that this wine, is best known in NE France where my ancestors on my mom's side came from. I traced my heritage to a small town in France (Dabo), in the Department of Moselle and the territory of Lorraine (my mom's first name).

Fascinating question. I've had similar experiences with geography and food. Not from the same place, of course. I eat Freedom Fries. Not frites.

Déjà vu, is an interesting phenomenon. For the curious:

Memory-based explanations[edit]
Research has associated déjà vu experiences with good memory functions:

Déjà vu - Wikipedia

Déjà vu - Wikipedia

I haven't had deja vu in like thirty years. With credit to Joseph Heller mostly what I have these days is either Presque vu or jamais vu.

Déjà vu - Wikipedia

I haven't had deja vu in like thirty years. With credit to Joseph Heller mostly what I have these days is either Presque vu or jamais vu.

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
Catch-22

One of many lines that come to mind, along with, "Time is but the stream I go a fishing in", and "Mother died today, or was it yesterday".

Thoreau and Camus

I don't know why these relate, but came to mind in a Mind-Pop.

See: Mind-Pops: Psychologists Begin to Study an Unusual form of Proustian Memory

Which ^^^ jumped into my thoughts when I posted this: "I don't know why they relate"

Last edited:

Déjà vu - Wikipedia

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
Catch-22
Orr.

We have allowed our movement to be taken over by the forces of identity politics and political correctness. Every perceived slight is grounds for snowflake-like bleating.

All we need is a story about how a white student didn't get into Harvard but a black student with lower GPA did and we whine for days. All we need is a story about how downtrodden white men are and how blacks have all the advantages (I'm a white man and I have never in my long life been denied an opportunity that I wanted by my race --- I go after what I want and stand up for myself).

All we need is a story about how a liberal college professor said something mean about white people and we whine for days. All we need is a story about people exercising their First Amendment rights in protest and we whine for days.

What happened to us? We used to be the Marlboro Men. Now we are whiny bitches. And as far as political correctness, it has taken over our movement. Say something even remotely critical about President Trump and you are excoriated by your fellow Republicans, the fair and balance media and talk radio. Say something that advocates thought instead of mindless jingoistic sloganeering and you are dubbed a "libtard" or whatever.

What has happened to us? Can't we leave the whining behind and stand on our own two feet? Why do we need something to whine about? Is it just tribal? Do we have a psychological need to simply be part of a group, just like in high school?

As our President might say: Sad!

Rugged individualism founded this country. We all should follow that model.

Speaking the truth about injustice and anti-white discrimination is not whining.

If we don't the lefty assholes will just continue doing it unchecked.

This isn't about psychological tribalism, this is about our real interests being fucked over by our enemies, and we need to start fighting back.

I can't Harry, but I do have a story:

Years ago, I discovered Gewürztraminer which when slightly chilled went well with fish, cheese, fresh fruit and a warm summer afternoon or night. Only recently did I learn (Ancestry.com) that this wine, is best known in NE France where my ancestors on my mom's side came from. I traced my heritage to a small town in France (Dabo), in the Department of Moselle and the territory of Lorraine (my mom's first name).

so Wry...you did the Ancestry thing?.....my niece did a genealogy thing on our family thru them and found out all kinds stuff about my relatives i never knew...she did the DNA test with them and found out some interesting things about herself,she wants me to do a DNA test....so i may be doing it....

We have allowed our movement to be taken over by the forces of identity politics and political correctness. Every perceived slight is grounds for snowflake-like bleating.

All we need is a story about how a white student didn't get into Harvard but a black student with lower GPA did and we whine for days. All we need is a story about how downtrodden white men are and how blacks have all the advantages (I'm a white man and I have never in my long life been denied an opportunity that I wanted by my race --- I go after what I want and stand up for myself).

All we need is a story about how a liberal college professor said something mean about white people and we whine for days. All we need is a story about people exercising their First Amendment rights in protest and we whine for days.

What happened to us? We used to be the Marlboro Men. Now we are whiny bitches. And as far as political correctness, it has taken over our movement. Say something even remotely critical about President Trump and you are excoriated by your fellow Republicans, the fair and balance media and talk radio. Say something that advocates thought instead of mindless jingoistic sloganeering and you are dubbed a "libtard" or whatever.

What has happened to us? Can't we leave the whining behind and stand on our own two feet? Why do we need something to whine about? Is it just tribal? Do we have a psychological need to simply be part of a group, just like in high school?

Speaking the truth about injustice and anti-white discrimination is not whining.

This isn't about psychological tribalism, this is about our real interests being fucked over by our enemies, and we need to start fighting back.

Yup. I've really had it bad in this country, being a white male. Darn, think of the things I could've done if it weren't for all that discrimination against me.

Not sure where you live but the rugged individual is alive and well in Texas.
Except for parts of Austin anyway.

Not sure where you live but the rugged individual is alive and well in Texas.
Except for parts of Austin anyway.

You can't be talking about Cowboy fans though. They are as tribal and delusional as it gets.

Yup. I've really had it bad in this country, being a white male. Darn, think of the things I could've done if it weren't for all that discrimination against me.

Your flippancy is disrespectful of the millions of white people who have had their lives fucked up by policies based on the idea that they don't count and do not have the right to have their interests represented in policy.

Forum List

Back