Conservatives/Republican Future Choices for their Party Nomination

Conservatives/Republican Future Choices for their Party Nomination

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Given the comments by T-Rump and Carson recently I was listening to NPR this morning and they interviewed a Muslim who had run for a seat in his state legislature as a Republican. He stated that on both fiscal and social issues the GOP aligned with his positions so it was a natural fit for him.

He didn't prevail but for the sake of this OP I am jumping to the future and proposing a situation where the Conservatives are faced with 2 viable candidates to choose for the nomination to become the next POTUS.

One is a Muslim, born and raised in the heartland who is both a fiscal and social conservative.

The other is an atheist, born and raised in the heartland who is both a fiscal and social conservative.

In all other respects both are equally qualified with the requisite experience to be president. Both have policy positions which match your own.

Which do you choose and why?

Yes, I gave you the none of the above option because most of you wouldn't vote for either and I understand that.

What this OP is trying to determine is just how deep is the animosity against these two groups. If none of you can bring yourself to vote for either candidate then it will establish that no amount of outreach is ever going to close the gap.

Please vote and give your reasons for your choices.

TYIA

Is this your latest attempt at trying to be clever?

Not in the least.

Out of the half dozen or so extremist rightwingers who have responded not one has even dared to take the poll as I predicted in the OP.

That says volumes about the gaping chasm between where you stand and the rest of the nation stands.

Out of the half dozen or so extremist rightwingers who have responded not one has even dared to take the poll as I predicted in the OP.

That says volumes about the gaping chasm between where you stand and the rest of the nation stands.

LOL, your poll makes no sense (and neither do you).

The OP poll exposes you exactly as predicted.

Given the comments by T-Rump and Carson recently I was listening to NPR this morning and they interviewed a Muslim who had run for a seat in his state legislature as a Republican. He stated that on both fiscal and social issues the GOP aligned with his positions so it was a natural fit for him.

He didn't prevail but for the sake of this OP I am jumping to the future and proposing a situation where the Conservatives are faced with 2 viable candidates to choose for the nomination to become the next POTUS.

One is a Muslim, born and raised in the heartland who is both a fiscal and social conservative.

The other is an atheist, born and raised in the heartland who is both a fiscal and social conservative.

In all other respects both are equally qualified with the requisite experience to be president. Both have policy positions which match your own.

Yes, I gave you the none of the above option because most of you wouldn't vote for either and I understand that.

What this OP is trying to determine is just how deep is the animosity against these two groups. If none of you can bring yourself to vote for either candidate then it will establish that no amount of outreach is ever going to close the gap.

TYIA

Not in the least.

Gaping I think we know where

Well, his little effort has made it clear who's the gaping chasm, anyway.

I don't take polls. They tend to be rigged. Like yours is.

Taking advice from NPR is the sort of mistake that puts democrats like John McCain on the GOP ticket.

Polls published by CNN, Fox, Quinnipiac or others are validated by public accounting firms such Ernst & Young, Deloitte & Touché to name a few.
Beauty contest such miss universe, American idol or dancing with the stars uses the same accounting to validate the winner. I can guarantee you 100% that it's not rigged. Just incase you are not aware.
The very same?! Golly. Then this thread's poll is so not rigged either! Good to know.

You do know that wording of a poll has an effect on outcome, right? Thought I'd mention it just incase you are not aware.

Of course. If you own a business or other public companies that you work for they uses the same public accounting firm but different program for validation.

As you will never in the real world find two candidates with equally matching backgrounds and experience the question is pointless. Plus when you vote your not voting for a group Muslims or atheist you are voting for an indvivdual not all Muslims or atheist are the same there will be some you are willing to support and some you won't.

As you will never in the real world find two candidates with equally matching backgrounds and experience the question is pointless. Plus when you vote your not voting for a group Muslims or atheist you are voting for an indvivdual not all Muslims or atheist are the same there will be some you are willing to support and some you won't.

Finding excuses because you can't deal with the reality of what the extremist rightwingers have done to the GOP.

Finding excuses because you can't deal with the reality of what the extremist rightwingers have done to the GOP.
Simply not going for your partisan gotcha question.

Taking advice from NPR is the sort of mistake that puts democrats like John McCain on the GOP ticket.

Polls published by CNN, Fox, Quinnipiac or others are validated by public accounting firms such Ernst & Young, Deloitte & Touché to name a few.
Beauty contest such miss universe, American idol or dancing with the stars uses the same accounting to validate the winner. I can guarantee you 100% that it's not rigged. Just incase you are not aware.
The very same?! Golly. Then this thread's poll is so not rigged either! Good to know.

You do know that wording of a poll has an effect on outcome, right? Thought I'd mention it just incase you are not aware.

Of course. If you own a business or other public companies that you work for they uses the same public accounting firm but different program for validation.
You are focusing only on the accounting side of polling and ignoring the manipulation of results done by the way questions are worded.

TYIA

Not in the least.

I gave you my answer, and it was not available as an option in your poll.

Simply not going for your partisan gotcha question.

By not picking either option you are telling everyone that you are not prepared to embrace the changing demographics of America in the future.

That is the point of the OP. It exposes your problem for all the world to see. You cannot bring yourself to accept change but the reality of America is that change is constantly happening all the time.

Thanks for proving the OP right. I do appreciate that.

TYIA

Not in the least.

Yes, you did!

By not choosing either option you told us that you are incapable of embracing the changes that are happening today.

TYIA

Not in the least.

Yes, you did!

By not choosing either option you told us that you are incapable of embracing the changes that are happening today.

No, I did not.

I told you that my decision would not be based on their belief system, but policy and resume.

That your poll did not have an option to show that tells us that you want to use demographic change to further divide US and use that division to advance your agenda.

Do you think America will be a better place as a defacto One Party State with people voting in Ethnic Blocs?

You are focusing only on the accounting side of polling and ignoring the manipulation of results done by the way questions are worded.

I'm focusing on the authenticity of these accounting firms. These companies worth billions and to manipulate such a results will be a catastrophic downfall. They will NOT dare to do that just for the sake of any poll. Let me give you an example. The Enron company audited by Arthur Andersen both companies collapse because of manipulation lost billions.
BTW do you have a link where these companies manipulate these results? Or wordings or questions are manipulated?

TYIA

Not in the least.

Yes, you did!

No, I did not.

I told you that my decision would not be based on their belief system, but policy and resume.

That your poll did not have an option to show that tells us that you want to use demographic change to further divide US and use that division to advance your agenda.

Do you think America will be a better place as a defacto One Party State with people voting in Ethnic Blocs?

Your attempt to derail the thread is duly noted and ignored.

The purpose of this topic is to establish that none of the extremist rightwingers here at USMB are capable of embracing the demographic changes that are occurring in America.

Not in the least.

Yes, you did!

No, I did not.

The purpose of this topic is to establish that none of the extremist rightwingers here at USMB are capable of embracing the demographic changes that are occurring in America.

Which raises the obvious question, SHOULD the demographic change be embraced?

One of the big changes almost certainly to be caused by this demographic shift, is the US becoming a Defacto One Party State, with people voting in ethnic blocs.

So, do you think that change is one that should be embraced?

Not in the least.

Yes, you did!

No, I did not.

One of the big changes almost certainly to be caused by this demographic shift, is the US becoming a Defacto One Party State, with people voting in ethnic blocs.

Yet another attempt to deflect attention from your failure to embrace the demographic shift but it can be taken as a tacit admission on your part so I will allow it.

America history has been a series of demographic shifts so this is just another and the end result will be no different. The children become Americans and adopt American values and soon there is nothing to distinguish where they came from except their names.

Xenophobes like you are your ilk have never been comfortable with dealing with change. Which is why you opposed the end of slavery and supported Jim Crow laws in the past and currently support disenfranchising minority voters.

Only there are not enough of you left to stop what is happening and your own actions are ensuring that you will go the way of the dinosaurs because those that cannot adapt are doomed to die off.

Yes, you did!

No, I did not.

Yet another attempt to deflect attention from your failure to embrace the demographic shift but it can be taken as a tacit admission on your part so I will allow it.

America history has been a series of demographic shifts so this is just another and the end result will be no different. The children become Americans and adopt American values and soon there is nothing to distinguish where they came from except their names.

Xenophobes like you are your ilk have never been comfortable with dealing with change. Which is why you opposed the end of slavery and supported Jim Crow laws in the past and currently support disenfranchising minority voters.

Only there are not enough of you left to stop what is happening and your own actions are ensuring that you will go the way of the dinosaurs because those that cannot adapt are doomed to die off.

No attempt to deflect. I am questioning one of your assumptions, ie that this change should be embraced.

THe rest of your post is nothing but partisan spin and unsupported and contradictory opinion.

Why are you afraid to honestly address that question?

Yes, you did!

No, I did not.

No attempt to deflect. I am questioning one of your assumptions, ie that this change should be embraced.

THe rest of your post is nothing but partisan spin and unsupported and contradictory opinion.

Why are you afraid to honestly address that question?

Which part of this statement do you need an adult to explain to you?

"...it can be taken as a tacit admission on your part so I will allow it."

Obviously you never read the rest of my post either or you would have see that I did address your question in detail.

Or do you need an adult to explain that part to you also?

Your use of the word embrace does not match well with your poll. I can easily imagine Muslims or Atheists who I would vote for. But that does not mean that I "embrace" the rapid, uncontrolled and unwanted change that we are experiencing.

[/QUOTE]
America history has been a series of demographic shifts so this is just another and the end result will be no different. The children become Americans and adopt American values and soon there is nothing to distinguish where they came from except their names.[/QUOTE]

Really? It took the Catholics nearly a hundred years before they started voting along with the rest of the country instead of as a bloc.

That's more like 3 or 4 generations.

[/QUOTE]
Xenophobes like you are your ilk have never been comfortable with dealing with change. Which is why you opposed the end of slavery and supported Jim Crow laws in the past and currently support disenfranchising minority voters.[/QUOTE]

Your attempt to derail the thread is noted and ignored.

[/QUOTE]
Only there are not enough of you left to stop what is happening and your own actions are ensuring that you will go the way of the dinosaurs because those that cannot adapt are doomed to die off.[/QUOTE]

Do you think that demographic change is going to lead to a period of defacto ONe Party Statehood for the US, and how long do you think that will last?

Forum List

Back