Constitution? Screw the Constitution

Although with Trump, his anti-rule of law message is part of his appeal to his base. They are victims of giving too many rights to "others." The irony here is that the "rights" were given by congress and supported by both parties. Trump has to make "law" the enemy. And congress is not planning on changing the law. It's about ginning up his base. He's got to keep them in a tizzy through the next election.
Government is not the grantor of rights.

who is?

Our Constitution set our form of government where we have three independent branches & a system of checks & balances.

Republicans have crumbled it up & threw it in the trash.

They did it when Mitch McConnell declared that Trump dictates what bills get a vote in the US Senate. No more independent body & no more duty to of checks & balances.

McConnell did it with Obama's USSC Nominee.

Republicans in the Senate sit idly by as Trump breaks the law on the border. When he orders people to break the law & them fire them if they do not.

Republicans in the Senate sit idly by & watch Trump obstruct justice over & over.

Republicans in the Senate are so pathetic, that they sit idly by as Trump destroys the American Farmer & hurts US exporters.

Republicans in the Senate sit idly by as Trump steals children from asylum seekers & looses them in a system on concentration camps.

Republicans in the Senate sit idly by as Trump denies proper aid to Puerto Rico & our own military installations damaged by storms.

Republicans in the Senate keep confirming some of the worst, crooked people into key government positions.

This is all against what their duty is according to the Constitution.

But hey, the only parts of the US Constitution Republicans care about are the First Amendment to defend their racist & bigoted speech and the Second Amendment as an excuse to do nothing as children get gunned down in our schools.

Show me where the Constitution was violated when the Republicans didn't give their advice and consent.
Either Marty has not read the Constitution or he thinks there was a vote in the Senate on that nominee.

Show me where advice and consent means a vote has to be held.

By not voting they were giving their advice, and withholding their consent.
Show me where the Senate leader is the one to advise & consent.

Our Constitution set our form of government where we have three independent branches & a system of checks & balances.

They did it when Mitch McConnell declared that Trump dictates what bills get a vote in the US Senate. No more independent body & no more duty to of checks & balances.

Republicans in the Senate sit idly by as Trump breaks the law on the border. When he orders people to break the law & them fire them if they do not.

Republicans in the Senate sit idly by & watch Trump obstruct justice over & over.

Republicans in the Senate are so pathetic, that they sit idly by as Trump destroys the American Farmer & hurts US exporters.

Republicans in the Senate sit idly by as Trump steals children from asylum seekers & looses them in a system on concentration camps.

Republicans in the Senate sit idly by as Trump denies proper aid to Puerto Rico & our own military installations damaged by storms.

Republicans in the Senate keep confirming some of the worst, crooked people into key government positions.

But hey, the only parts of the US Constitution Republicans care about are the First Amendment to defend their racist & bigoted speech and the Second Amendment as an excuse to do nothing as children get gunned down in our schools.
I rate your post pure BULLSHIT.

Show me where the Constitution was violated when the Republicans didn't give their advice and consent.
Either Marty has not read the Constitution or he thinks there was a vote in the Senate on that nominee.

Don't have to. The Senate followed it's own rules in not bringing Garland up for a vote. You can't prove otherwise.

Therefore your incessant bitching about constitutionality is like all of your posts, worthless.

FOAD.

Show me where there is a time limit in the constitution on Advice and Consent.
So they are still thinking about it?

You didn't answer my question. You claimed them sitting on the nomination was unconstitutional.

How was it unconstitutional?
Because they never advised or consented?

Don't have to. The Senate followed it's own rules in not bringing Garland up for a vote. You can't prove otherwise.

Therefore your incessant bitching about constitutionality is like all of your posts, worthless.

FOAD.
What ruke was that?

Although with Trump, his anti-rule of law message is part of his appeal to his base. They are victims of giving too many rights to "others." The irony here is that the "rights" were given by congress and supported by both parties. Trump has to make "law" the enemy. And congress is not planning on changing the law. It's about ginning up his base. He's got to keep them in a tizzy through the next election.
Government is not the grantor of rights.

who is?
He just failed to distinguish that there are both const and statutorily granted rights. And only one can be removed by congress, and the potus cannot remove either. And that's what your thread is really about. Trump wants to be the sole grantor and remover of all rights.

Really? No, not really. It's up to the Potus to persuade. This guy is not cutting it. LOL
:lol:
Trump: I'd like a vote on this
McConnell We'll vote on this
Liberals: UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!
:lol:
Look, dickbrerath, I didn't say it was unconstitutional.
You said it screws the constitution - you cannot explain how, but you said it.
Don't blame -me- if I quickly and easily demonstrate the absurdity of your position.
Dickbreath.

Show me where there is a time limit in the constitution on Advice and Consent.
So they are still thinking about it?

You didn't answer my question. You claimed them sitting on the nomination was unconstitutional.

How was it unconstitutional?
Because they never advised or consented?

Their advice was to wait until after the election. And did the Senate consent with Bork decades ago? So the Senate HAS to say yes?

You keep digging yourself into a deeper hole, oxygen thief.

FOAD.
What ruke was that?

You are the one claiming it's unconstitutional.

Where in the rules does it say a judicial nomination from the Executive has to be brought to the chamber in an allotted time?

You press the case too far. (-: I don't think any president has made law the enemy of the people like Trump has.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tell us about the President who forced everyone to buy health insurance.
A bill, passed by congress, said you can buy healtth insurance or pay a tax.
Thank you for making my point for me.
:lol: :lol:
you said you were forced to buy health insurance, you weren't & it was Congress that passed the law.

FOAD.
What ruke was that?

Where in the rules does it say a judicial nomination from the Executive has to be brought to the chamber in an allotted time?

so they are still considering it?

You press the case too far. (-: I don't think any president has made law the enemy of the people like Trump has.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tell us about the President who forced everyone to buy health insurance.
A bill, passed by congress, said you can buy healtth insurance or pay a tax.
Thank you for making my point for me.
:lol: :lol:
you said you were forced to buy health insurance, you weren't & it was Congress that passed the law.
I'd tell you to stop playing stupid, but you aren't playing.

FOAD.
What ruke was that?

so they are still considering it?

Nope. Show me where in the constitution it says the process has to be resolved in a certain time frame, or ever resolved.

Forum List

Back