Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

Sure, you can fight back, unless of course there are 3 of them with guns, and you only have one.
This is a totally separate issue -- what do you do when you are outgunned and/or outnumbered?

The answer of course is you run and then you take cover.

It's a separate issue of the same thing.

The USA has the HIGHEST murder rate in the first world. By a large margin too, it's not even close. The US is also the only country in the first world which has such lax gun laws. Switzerland has lots of guns, but not lax gun laws, but even then its gun murders are higher than the UK's gun murders, even though it has a lower murder rate.

Honestly, why don't you go somewhere else? You'd be much happier.

Consider gun control 25 years ago, and now. There's no going back to that arbitrary disarmament program.

Great argument dude.

Literally, if you don't like the shit, go somewhere else. Wow. That's how you solve problems, look at Detroit, it solves some of its problems like that.

Liberty is the freedom to get shot.

No, that's left-wing freedom.... the freedom to get shot, and not have the slightest chance of defending yourself.

We are going to avoid getting shot, because we can fight back.

Sure, you can fight back, unless of course there are 3 of them with guns, and you only have one.
Bad guys have the guns already. Only a real asshole would want people to be unable to defend themselves.

Yes, I know.

But the US is doing nothing about the problems that exist.

Now, solving the gun problem is not just a matter of taking away guns.

Then you have a better chance if you shoot faster. None if you don't shoot at all.

(Billy rolls his eyes)

Actually, statistically, you have a better chance is neither side have guns.

That will not happen so long as the Constitution is in force, unless we kill all the bad guys instead of sending them to the spa for a makeover.

So, basically the US is incapable of dealing with its problems.

No, the current justice system is incapable of dealing with law enforcement and crime.

Well, the justice system, the legislative system and the executive system seem incapable. The voters seem uninterested in voting for those who will solve the problems. Welcome to the USA.

No, that's left-wing freedom.... the freedom to get shot, and not have the slightest chance of defending yourself.

Bad guys have the guns already. Only a real asshole would want people to be unable to defend themselves.

Yes, I know.

But the US is doing nothing about the problems that exist.

Now, solving the gun problem is not just a matter of taking away guns.
The OP will go a long way to solving the gun problem!!!!

If I drive to another state, I have to obey their driving laws. I can't tell the officer a violation is okay because it's allowed in my state.

Now you are just being ignorant. Embrace the suck! You lost the argument.
If the law passes and is not overturned by the courts, then I lose. Until then, drive through my state Virginia with a radar detector that's allowed in 48 other states and see what happens.
So,,you're saying I can't drive in the state of VA without a VA drivers license?
Have your windows tinted really dark and drive 85 on the highway because both are okay in Texas and see what happens.
So I can drive my out of state car in your state?
Only in ways allowed by my state.

Now you are just being ignorant. Embrace the suck! You lost the argument.
If the law passes and is not overturned by the courts, then I lose. Until then, drive through my state Virginia with a radar detector that's allowed in 48 other states and see what happens.
So,,you're saying I can't drive in the state of VA without a VA drivers license?
Have your windows tinted really dark and drive 85 on the highway because both are okay in Texas and see what happens.
So I can drive my out of state car in your state?
Only in ways allowed by my state.
Cool.....I can conceal carry in your state then too....

Interestingly enough, it turns out that the federal government does not force states to accept driver's licenses from other states. The states all voluntarily chose that themselves. So the entire argument in support of the OP is moot. I should have looked that up 5 pages ago.

I'll take those odd over having nothing at all. I'm better trained than they are.

Interestingly enough, it turns out that the federal government does not force states to accept driver's licenses from other states. The states all voluntarily chose that themselves. So the entire thread is moot. I should have looked that up 5 pages ago.
So, states are free to stop, say commercial trucking, from their states, and the .gov will stand idly by? Huh........

Interestingly enough, it turns out that the federal government does not force states to accept driver's licenses from other states. The states all voluntarily chose that themselves. So the entire thread is moot. I should have looked that up 5 pages ago.
So, states are free to stop, say commercial trucking, from their states, and the .gov will stand idly by? Huh........
Interesting you used the word "commercial." Are you doing non-commercial trucking? Because then any state may pull out of the agreement and not accept your license if they want to.

And apparently using big fed government to circumvent state's rights.

What issues should fall under States Rights?

Would it be proper to have an official State Religion? Is that a States Right issue?

How about the prohibition against Cruel and Unusual punishment? Would it be a States Right issue if North Dakota punished people by whipping them in the town squares?

Explain why the Federal Government has to prohibit those States Rights issues but leave it up to the State on guns.

What if the police arrested you in a town. They say that you have no right to an attorney in State Law. If you are not charged with a Federal Crime, why does the Federal Government give you the right to have a lawyer in state court?

I'll tell you the answer. Because as citizens of the United States we are all individually entitled to those rights. The individual right trumps the States Rights argument.

Interestingly enough, it turns out that the federal government does not force states to accept driver's licenses from other states. The states all voluntarily chose that themselves. So the entire argument in support of the OP is moot. I should have looked that up 5 pages ago.

Wrong. Better check your Constitution.
Privileges and Immunities Clause - Wikipedia

Interesting you used the word "commercial." Are you doing non-commercial trucking? Because then any state may pull out of the agreement and not accept your license if they want to.
Interesting you say my license....but you have to accept my legal truck....

If it comes down to a SCOTUS review, as it probably will, since Calif. and NYS will protest such Federal legislation to high Heaven, then the 10th Amendment vs the 2nd Amendment (and possibly a discussion of the 18th Century philosophical issue of "natural law" to defend oneself) may indeed come to a head.

Do the States' Rights superseded Individual Rights?

This could go either way in the SCOTUS.

With Kennedy, Roberts, and soon to be Gorsuch all being swing voters, the decision could be 7 to 2 against the Federal reciprocity legislation.

It could also go 5 to 4 in favor of it.

It is a crap shoot.

You might want to review the "Full Faith and Credit" clause of the Constitution. The issuance of a concealed carry license is a public act of a State. Other States are constitutionally REQUIRED to recognize those acts.

What issues should fall under States Rights?

Would it be proper to have an official State Religion? Is that a States Right issue?

How about the prohibition against Cruel and Unusual punishment? Would it be a States Right issue if North Dakota punished people by whipping them in the town squares?

Explain why the Federal Government has to prohibit those States Rights issues but leave it up to the State on guns.

What if the police arrested you in a town. They say that you have no right to an attorney in State Law. If you are not charged with a Federal Crime, why does the Federal Government give you the right to have a lawyer in state court?

I'll tell you the answer. Because as citizens of the United States we are all individually entitled to those rights. The individual right trumps the States Rights argument.
Your straw man arguments all fail because they violate the U.S. constitution.

Forum List

Back