Constitutional Right To Peacefully Assemble Latest 'Victim' of Govt COVID-19 Crackdown

I know. In fact they're driving the partisan wedges harder than ever.

Says the snowflake retard stuck on a debunked Russian false narrative that even Dems won't push anymore, who has supported every Dem criminal failed coup attempt, who supported an admitted political Impeachment that even Pelosi admitted would only succeed in devisively keep the country divided....

:p

Govt flexes muscle to show citizens / Constitution / Founding Fathers who's 'Boss'....

One Arrested as Raleigh, NC Police Suspend First Amendment; Declare Coronavirus Lockdown Protest “Non-Essential Activity”

'Raleigh, North Carolina police suspended the First Amendment Tuesday, dispersing a protest against the COVID-19 Chinese coronavirus lockdown and arresting one protester for failing to disperse. The police issued a statement declaring “Protesting is a non-essential activity” that was in violation of an executive order by Governor Roy Cooper (D) prohibiting mass gatherings.'

What is considered 'non-essential activity' by the government is a right protected by the Constitution from a government who seeks to quell all peaceful assemblies...

Add this one to the list of Constitutional Rights - like exercise of religious freedom - being trampled in the name of 'preventing the spread of CPVID-19'.

Here's what y'all infectophiles keep missing.

-- What's the adverb before the word "assemble"? "Peaceably".

Therefore an assembly of, say, a lynch mob would be an assembly but not a "peaceable" one, agreed?

Whelp, same for a congregation that huddles together despite a known contagious infection going around. One uses a rope, the other uses a virus.

Think about it.

So we lose the right to freely assemble every flu season?

I am thinking about it, you're not

This isn't a plague or small pox

It's a coronavirus, IDK where the line is when it's an actual health emergency. But if you think this is it, kiss your right to assemble* goodbye. Because things like colds and the flu aren't going anywhere.

This is not the ordinary flu. It is far more dangerous than the flu. Even if someone recovers from the coronavirus, they could have a difficult road to recovery that could take months. That is not true with the flu. Flu sufferers do not need a vfentilator.

It is an ordinary flu, it's just a novel flu

The concern was our hospital infrastructure not the actual disease, even the worst projections for a corona virus are .....Flu like

Thankfully we're not the second oldest nation on earth...WHich is italy. Nor are we single child policy china full of old people

We were always going to be fine beyond major cities. Which obviously would receive help. And if by some disaster rural areas had outbreaks we were always going to be capable of dealing with that too. Just was never going to be an issue as it was portrayed.

Sweden is the proof of that.

yeah, corona just skips over a city if it isnt a MAJOR CITY -

YOURE A F'N IDIOT

No major cities just have higher population density...lol

25k people in my suburb are a lot more spread out than 25k people in NY or Chicago

WHOOOOOOSH

Who is the idiot? lol

You're by definition doing more social distancing the smaller/more rural the place you live is. Which is why Asians are so used to dealing with this crap, they live closer to each otehr than we do.

YOURE A F'N IDIOT

but I repeat myself -

Yea you're a shoulda been aborted pleb

We know

Make an argument or shut the fuck up, retard

Corona viruses are what we call the flu. Live with it, you weren't clever in your class of 30 people. YOu certainly aren't here. Remember your place pleb

so go to walgreens and get a flu shot - dumbass

DDDUUURRRRR

I walk around without a vaccine without fear, your comment makes no sense

Again remember your education. Remember all those teachers who knew you weren't clever. It's clear to everyone else too bud.

YOu're a dumbass

WEAK - EVEN FOR DIPSHITS LIKE YOU.

flufool -

Govt flexes muscle to show citizens / Constitution / Founding Fathers who's 'Boss'....

One Arrested as Raleigh, NC Police Suspend First Amendment; Declare Coronavirus Lockdown Protest “Non-Essential Activity”

'Raleigh, North Carolina police suspended the First Amendment Tuesday, dispersing a protest against the COVID-19 Chinese coronavirus lockdown and arresting one protester for failing to disperse. The police issued a statement declaring “Protesting is a non-essential activity” that was in violation of an executive order by Governor Roy Cooper (D) prohibiting mass gatherings.'

What is considered 'non-essential activity' by the government is a right protected by the Constitution from a government who seeks to quell all peaceful assemblies...

Add this one to the list of Constitutional Rights - like exercise of religious freedom - being trampled in the name of 'preventing the spread of CPVID-19'.

Therefore an assembly of, say, a lynch mob would be an assembly but not a "peaceable" one, agreed?

Whelp, same for a congregation that huddles together despite a known contagious infection going around. One uses a rope, the other uses a virus.

Think about it.

It's a coronavirus, IDK where the line is when it's an actual health emergency. But if you think this is it, kiss your right to assemble* goodbye. Because things like colds and the flu aren't going anywhere.

This is not the ordinary flu. It is far more dangerous than the flu. Even if someone recovers from the coronavirus, they could have a difficult road to recovery that could take months. That is not true with the flu. Flu sufferers do not need a vfentilator.

The concern was our hospital infrastructure not the actual disease, even the worst projections for a corona virus are .....Flu like

Thankfully we're not the second oldest nation on earth...WHich is italy. Nor are we single child policy china full of old people

We were always going to be fine beyond major cities. Which obviously would receive help. And if by some disaster rural areas had outbreaks we were always going to be capable of dealing with that too. Just was never going to be an issue as it was portrayed.

YOURE A F'N IDIOT

25k people in my suburb are a lot more spread out than 25k people in NY or Chicago

WHOOOOOOSH

Who is the idiot? lol

You're by definition doing more social distancing the smaller/more rural the place you live is. Which is why Asians are so used to dealing with this crap, they live closer to each otehr than we do.

YOURE A F'N IDIOT

but I repeat myself -

We know

Corona viruses are what we call the flu. Live with it, you weren't clever in your class of 30 people. YOu certainly aren't here. Remember your place pleb

DDDUUURRRRR

Again remember your education. Remember all those teachers who knew you weren't clever. It's clear to everyone else too bud.

YOu're a dumbass

flufool -

Uh huh, pegged ya

go get that GED, lol

What makes plebs think they don't give themselves away after a few lines? I dunno

Think about it.

YOURE A F'N IDIOT

WHOOOOOOSH

Who is the idiot? lol

YOURE A F'N IDIOT

but I repeat myself -

We know

DDDUUURRRRR

YOu're a dumbass

flufool -

Uh huh, pegged ya

go get that GED, lol

What makes plebs think they don't give themselves away after a few lines? I dunno

grow up -

Think about it.

YOURE A F'N IDIOT

WHOOOOOOSH

Who is the idiot? lol

YOURE A F'N IDIOT

but I repeat myself -

We know

DDDUUURRRRR

YOu're a dumbass

flufool -

Uh huh, pegged ya

go get that GED, lol

grow up -

You have 10 vapid responses, then when i call out your obvious lack of IQ, you tell me to grow up?

Fuck off pleb, remember your place.

Think about it.

This is a plague. There is no real cure for the serious cases. Medical practicioners are basically throwing everything they have at this thing and seeing what sticks. .

Every day we're learning more about how the virus attacks the body. This is some nasty shit. It attacks the heart, kidneys and lungs. Patients may have long term problems even after the virus is gone.

The current death rate in the USA is 34%. 66% percent have recovered and gone home, but 34% have died. There are now 578,000 active cases. While the lack of testing meant that only the sickest were tested at first, it's likely that this rate will come down. if the death rate continues at 34% of active cases, another 200,000 people will die. Even if the death rate comes down to the current world death rate of 21% of cases where the outcome is known, more than 120,000 more Americans will die - even if no further infections happen after today.

I know. In fact they're driving the partisan wedges harder than ever.

Says the snowflake retard stuck on a debunked Russian false narrative that even Dems won't push anymore, who has supported every Dem criminal failed coup attempt, who supported an admitted political Impeachment that even Pelosi admitted would only succeed in devisively keep the country divided....

:p

You keep posting like we don't know who you are and why you're here, Evgeny. You haven't once mention the thousand of people losing their life, or the emotional devastation for their family, friends and coworkers as the bodies mount.

All you do is to post partisan hate. Your work is done. The USA is destroyed. Putin's revenge is complete.

Because this rationale completely ignores the fact that attendees who acquire it at the gathering will spread it to others who did not attend this gathering.
How will that happen if everyone else is social distancing and taking other precautions?

You are responsible for your own safety ONLY.

That's ridiculous. The morons who are insisting on their "freedom" are doing so out of hatred for their neighbors. They need to start showing some patriotism and respect for others. There is no such thing as being responsible only for your own safety. The entire field of tort law is based on the concept that the risk posed to others was foreseeable.

BTW: the other day when I was shopping and picking up something in the refrigerated section (which has glass doors) a white male approximately 45-55 walked straight up to me and reached around me, forcing me to step aside six feet, and then proceeded to do a ten-minute inspection of every package; no mask, no gloves, handled many items before finally picking one, this me standing there all the while. He forced me back. There should be a way to punish this sort of scum.

Incidentally, I identified this perp by race, sex, and approximate age due to the current idiotic practice on this board of identifying wrongdoers according to these characteristics so that the misconduct can be properly "credited" to the correct demographic group(s).
"BTW: the other day when I was shopping and picking up something in the refrigerated section (which has glass doors) a white male approximately 45-55 walked straight up to me and reached around me, forcing me to step aside six feet, and then proceeded to do a ten-minute inspection of every package; no mask, no gloves, handled many items before finally picking one, this me standing there all the while. He forced me back. There should be a way to punish this sort of scum."
You realize that this post makes you appear to be a frightened, whiny, racist, sexist little bitch who wants to get her daddy to go beat up the man who hurt her feelings, right?

Thank God the Union won the Civil war and the government crushed the outlaws at Waco Texas and captured Timothy McVeigh and is ready to take down any other anti-American militia out there.
Yeah, thank God the govt, using armored military-grade vehicles and weapons, needlessly stormed a compound filled with women and children, set the place on fire, and burned many of them alive...instead of backing off an just arresting the guy in the nearby town some time later.

good grief
Nobody does a church massacre like the government. :rolleyes:

(BTW, I discovered in 2003 that some FBI agents really really don't like it when you mock them over that shit-show in Waco. I still have a file on me with the feds, last I checked. But hey, fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.)

Thank God the Union won the Civil war and the government crushed the outlaws at Waco Texas and captured Timothy McVeigh and is ready to take down any other anti-American militia out there.
Yeah, thank God the govt, using armored military-grade vehicles and weapons, needlessly stormed a compound filled with women and children, set the place on fire, and burned many of them alive...instead of backing off an just arresting the guy in the nearby town some time later.

good grief

Its been proven that David Koresh and his followers set the place on fire and killed their own people.

The government brought in tanks because of the level of weaponry David Koresh had built up.
Bullshit.

Because this rationale completely ignores the fact that attendees who acquire it at the gathering will spread it to others who did not attend this gathering.
How will that happen if everyone else is social distancing and taking other precautions?

That's ridiculous. The morons who are insisting on their "freedom" are doing so out of hatred for their neighbors. They need to start showing some patriotism and respect for others. There is no such thing as being responsible only for your own safety. The entire field of tort law is based on the concept that the risk posed to others was foreseeable.

BTW: the other day when I was shopping and picking up something in the refrigerated section (which has glass doors) a white male approximately 45-55 walked straight up to me and reached around me, forcing me to step aside six feet, and then proceeded to do a ten-minute inspection of every package; no mask, no gloves, handled many items before finally picking one, this me standing there all the while. He forced me back. There should be a way to punish this sort of scum.

Incidentally, I identified this perp by race, sex, and approximate age due to the current idiotic practice on this board of identifying wrongdoers according to these characteristics so that the misconduct can be properly "credited" to the correct demographic group(s).
"BTW: the other day when I was shopping and picking up something in the refrigerated section (which has glass doors) a white male approximately 45-55 walked straight up to me and reached around me, forcing me to step aside six feet, and then proceeded to do a ten-minute inspection of every package; no mask, no gloves, handled many items before finally picking one, this me standing there all the while. He forced me back. There should be a way to punish this sort of scum."
You realize that this post makes you appear to be a frightened, whiny, racist, sexist little bitch who wants to get her daddy to go beat up the man who hurt her feelings, right?

Coming from the likes of you, this is a compliment. You can make up anything you want about me to satisfy your fantasy. Posters on USMB begin threads to blame all members of demographic groups for the conduct of one or a small group of individuals all the time, with the exception of white males, who you think should never have their royal conduct questioned. Normally I would not mention things like race or sex, but in this situation, I am just demonstrating that turnabout is fair play. We have no royalty here.

Think about it.

This is a plague. There is no real cure for the serious cases. Medical practicioners are basically throwing everything they have at this thing and seeing what sticks. .

Every day we're learning more about how the virus attacks the body. This is some nasty shit. It attacks the heart, kidneys and lungs. Patients may have long term problems even after the virus is gone.

The current death rate in the USA is 34%. 66% percent have recovered and gone home, but 34% have died. There are now 578,000 active cases. While the lack of testing meant that only the sickest were tested at first, it's likely that this rate will come down. if the death rate continues at 34% of active cases, another 200,000 people will die. Even if the death rate comes down to the current world death rate of 21% of cases where the outcome is known, more than 120,000 more Americans will die - even if no further infections happen after today.

This is not a plague

We didn't call the spanish flu a plague, and we lost 500k fighters to it in WW1. More than to bullets

It's not even close to small pox or polio, which we also didn't consider a plague

The federal government and the states all have emergency provisions that allow the suspension of constitutional rights...Whether or not this "emergency" rises to that, and they went through the proper legal procedure to enact these laws is unclear.

But our goverors definitely have this power under an emergency. We have suspended habeus corpus nationally before, emergency powers/provisions always get a pass from our judiciary. Dealing with emergencies is the prime benefit to having a strong executive.

The old "habeus corpus" canard again. That applies to arrests. "Shelter in place" and "social distancing" do not constitute "arrests".

The point was they can suspend your constitutional rights on a whim in an "emergency" if we as a society define the flu as an emergency...We'll we'v lost those rights

WHOOOOOOSH

Thanks for explaining what a term I brough up means/ You fucking dolt

Remember your education. nothing has changed. You're still a retard.

I've never even heard of you. But I'm happy to explain what the term you "brough" up means, speaking of edumacation. Keep it real, brough.

hahah the guy who couldn't break 1300 on his SAT or 30 on his ACt talking big. OK dude

The delusion is palpable

Yea i have no idea how to spell brought.

You fucking plebs with your non sequitors you can't even connect back to a point.

The federal government and the states all have emergency provisions that allow the suspension of constitutional rights...Whether or not this "emergency" rises to that, and they went through the proper legal procedure to enact these laws is unclear.

But our goverors definitely have this power under an emergency. We have suspended habeus corpus nationally before, emergency powers/provisions always get a pass from our judiciary. Dealing with emergencies is the prime benefit to having a strong executive.

The old "habeus corpus" canard again. That applies to arrests. "Shelter in place" and "social distancing" do not constitute "arrests".

The point was they can suspend your constitutional rights on a whim in an "emergency" if we as a society define the flu as an emergency...We'll we'v lost those rights

WHOOOOOOSH

I've never even heard of you. But I'm happy to explain what the term you "brough" up means, speaking of edumacation. Keep it real, brough.

hahah the guy who couldn't break 1300 on his SAT or 30 on his ACt talking big. OK dude

The delusion is palpable

You fucking plebs with your non sequitors you can't even connect back to a point.

Cool story brough. Hey what does a brough eat for lunch? A brougham sandwich?

Coming from the likes of you, this is a compliment. You can make up anything you want about me to satisfy your fantasy. Posters on USMB begin threads to blame all members of demographic groups for the conduct of one or a small group of individuals all the time, with the exception of white males, who you think should never have their royal conduct questioned. Normally I would not mention things like race or sex, but in this situation, I am just demonstrating that turnabout is fair play. We have no royalty here.
"Posters on USMB begin threads to blame all members of demographic groups for the conduct of one or a small group of individuals all the time,";
I'm new here, so I'll take your word for that for now........ but still and all, nobody likes a fucking whiner, okay?
Stop that shit already.

WHOOOOOOSH

The delusion is palpable

Nah we eat pleb tears as we sit in lockdown while you struggle...lol

Just think back to your classroom, nothing has changed. You're still a dumbass

WHOOOOOOSH

The delusion is palpable

Nah we eat pleb tears as we sit in lockdown while you struggle...lol

Just think back to your classroom, nothing has changed. You're still a dumbass

Cross your heart, brough?

Only a complete contrarian sociopath can take the OP position. He cannot be taken seriously.

Says the guy who invented a fictitious event in an attempt to compare a racist lynching to Americans exercising their constitutional Right to assemble, an event that DID happen...

Bwuhahahahahaha...

Says the assklown who has to invent shit that was never there because he can't handle the point as presented, even a day later. Fuck outta here, dishonest hack. You LOST.
NO, YOU lost as usual you retarded monkey. Using a PHONY comparison to a lynch mob (see asshole, the last lynching in this country took place in 1981, try to at least use something younger than 40 years) in a pathetic attempt to rationalize these blatant violations of rights. See, as was thrown in your face before, a lynch mob has violence planned. Peacefully protesting an asshat governor’s tyranny does not. Your irrational fear that EVERYBODY IS INFECTED is just laughable. Just to shove your face in another of your shit piles, it is NOT just sick workers made to stay home idiot. Or did all those closed businesses miraculously reopen? Slogo is bitch slapped again.

What part of STAY THE FUCK AT HOME are you not getting?

What part of the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution / of Constitutional Rights ... or others being limited ' suspended are YOU not getting?

Please provide the link to the EXACT, SPECIFIC, CONSTITUTIONAL government document / law that gives local / state / federal governments the authority - based on their own will /choice to do so - to limit and / or suspend Constitutionally-protected Rights.
(-- Based on your inability / refusal to post that link to the law you claim exists giving whistle blowers the protection of 'Anonymity' I am almost positive you will never produce this one either...)

What part of the fact that an individual in his own car sitting in a parking lot listening to a sermon being given by a man using a microphone and speaker does not engage in any of the acts that facilitates the spread of VOVID-19?
- Social Distancing" CHECK (alone in a sealed car)
- At least 6 feet away: CHECK
- In groups of 5 or less: CHECK
- No physical touching: CHECK
- No chance of bodily fluids / droplets spreading; CHECK

What I just described IS SAFER THAN GOING OUT TO WAL MART TO PICK UP A LOAF OF BREAD AND SOME PEANUT BUTTER.

SO WHY DO YOU HATE GOT, THE CONSTITUTION, AND CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS SO MUCH....WHY DO YOU BLINDLY SURRENDER YOUR RIGHTS WITHOUT ASKING THE SAME PEOPLE WHO HAVE PROVEN TO BE CURRUPT AS HWLL AND DESPERATE TO ACQUIRE / WIELD MORE POWER TO SHOW YOU THE JUSTIFICATION / BASIS OF THE SEIZURE OF POWER THEY ARE ENGAGED IN?

JUSTASKING THE QIESTION - Please provide the link to the EXACT, SPECIFIC, CONSTITUTIONAL government document / law that gives local / state / federal governments the authority - based on their own will /choice to do so - to limit and / or suspend Constitutionally-protected Rights - I S NOT BLATANT, OPEN ANARCHY! IT IS PART OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S CHECKS AND BALANCES OF THE GOVT, WHICH IS PART OF THEIR DUTY AS CITIZENS.

(A governor just told are porter that when he ordered massive, sweeping, restrictive mandates )spome argued was excessive) he was NOT THINKING OF THE CONSTITUTION / CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. Then WTF was he thinking of? 'Public Safety? God bless him, but HIS PERSONAL GOOD INTENTIONS are not enough of a basis to limit / suppress Constitutionally protected rights.......

If you ask a politician what is the basis for his actions and he can't give you an answer, doesn't know you have a SERIOUS problem.

Prove to me YOU know by what legal, Constitutional basis all of this is being done. I'm not a sheep, and I don't blindly follow proven liars / criminals - SHOW ME!

YOU ARE IN NO POSITION TO TELL ME OR ANYONE ELSE WHAT TO DO YOU STUPID CLOWN. IN CHINA, THEY SIMPLY SHOT PEOPLE WHO BROKE QUARANTINE. NO ONE IN THE REST OF THE WORLD IS DOING THAT.
Shut the fuck up you stinking drama queen. Oh the irony of you trying to tell us what to do, then proclaiming we can’t speak? President Xi has approved your message. Resume your kneeling.

Forum List

Back